Old 13th December 2003, 17:48   #161
EdgeOfEpsilon

Send a message via ICQ to EdgeOfEpsilon Send a message via AIM to EdgeOfEpsilon
To my understanding, this plugin is going to have queueing ala JTFE. If so, will there be an integrated way to view/edit the queue (something like a 'playqueue' pane next to the 'playlist' pane)? Maybe a toggle between the different playlists in the ML and the immediate playqueue?

Just throwing out ideas. Awesome plugin DrO, keep up the good work! You're my software diety.
Old 13th December 2003, 18:57   #162
DrO

@EdgeOfEpsilon: once jtfe is done, this will be using the same core code. as for editing/managing of the queue, with the sidecar area i think that's the ideal place to put it in but things are a fair way from that stage of deciding and things i/others think of may prove better.

ideas are good that's how jtfe has got to it's current stage.

-daz
Old 15th December 2003, 03:46   #163
StAnGeR04

Send a message via AIM to StAnGeR04 Send a message via Yahoo to StAnGeR04
not meaning to discount anyone's hard work and I'm overlooking something I'm sure but I'm not notcing a difference b/t the playlist plugin and the native playlist..

I'm using the modern skin ..would I have to use the classic skin to notice what the plugin is doing?

someone clue me in plz
sorry:S
Old 15th December 2003, 03:57   #164
StAnGeR04

Quote:
Originally posted by nant
Page 4? Here it's at page 13...

Anyhow, too many pages to read through so sorry if this has been reported already.
DrO, have you noticed that after "installing" (that is, putting the .dll in the plugins folder) the plug-in and restarting Winamp, the Classic Visualization (those bars thingies) no longer work? After removing the plug-in from the plugins folder and restarting Winamp, they show up again.

* I haven't checked this is with Modern skins.
Nant I'm not getting either main window vis in the modern skin after installing the playlist extender plugin
Old 15th December 2003, 04:27   #165
dlichterman
Forum King

Yeah there seems to be some code issues......but who cares as long as it works later!!!! Keep up the good work DrO.

Also....in MMD3 theres that little playlist thingy that comes down in winshade mode. In that there are acutually 2 panes, one with the playlist and the other that has "current playlist". Maybe theres some code in there that could help.
-Coon

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
Old 15th December 2003, 05:04   #166
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

yeah, that doesn't work properly in WA5 either (mmd3 main winshade pledit thingy)

@ StAnGeR04
This is just a preview
The plugin itself is in very early alpha stage, ie. far far from ready.
There's an option to enable/disable it in Prefs.

All I've done so far is:
installed it, taken a look, gone "ooh, nice!", and uninstalled it

lol

/me waits patiently for as long as it takes...
Old 15th December 2003, 05:09   #167
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
/me waits patiently for as long as it takes...
And knowing DrO's track record, the "wait" might not be that long at all.
I'm using almost all of DrO's plugins now, and I can assure you - this is one I will definitely be using as soon as it's done.
Old 15th December 2003, 05:35   #168
D&B
Banned

40 seconds...but I want it noooow!
Old 16th December 2003, 14:40   #169
realulti

Got a pretty crazy idea: Could it be possible to implement the playlist as a visualisation plugin that runs in the new expandable panel?
I prepared a quick sketch in photoshop for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Images
File Type: gif preview.gif (34.4 KB, 565 views)
Old 16th December 2003, 18:55   #170
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

to make it a vis plugin would be an ugly hack and I really don't think it would be a good idea at all..
however, the skin could always be updated to be able to attach another specific plugin aswell, just like video and vis (using the AVS guid). So give bartibartman some sugar and maybe he's willing to do it, but it's still a long time before actually beeing worth considering..

-Plague
Old 16th December 2003, 19:16   #171
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Hmmm I really like that Idea, All that would be required is some modification of the maki scripts for the modern theme, I dont think that a plugin would even be necessary. Keep in mind that with the free form skins it is possible to do anything. I dont have a clue where to start.

/me goes to add this to the wishlist.

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 16th December 2003, 19:24   #172
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

no, it wouldn't be any need for a plugin, it's possible to do it right in the maki and xml.
It wouldn't even be hard to do.

If the addons/skinmods manager from Winamp3 is ever beeing implemented in 5, I could even do this myself, without any problems that I know of.

-Plague
Old 16th December 2003, 19:26   #173
D&B
Banned

Bah, personally I wouldnt use it. I'd be more apt into trying to talk you into a hybrid ML/PL (it would be easy and cool!).
Old 16th December 2003, 19:30   #174
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

it would ofcourse be detachable, just like video and vis..
I like the idea, but I would probably not use it that much myself either...

And what would the purpose be with a hybrid ML/PL?? Isn't that simply the ML?

-Plague
Old 16th December 2003, 19:55   #175
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Plague
And what would the purpose be with a hybrid ML/PL?? Isn't that simply the ML?
Ok..here goes. Ive mentioned this before.

When you have a playlist selected in the ML, it brings up a view of that playlist. Aside from a few missing Misc and Manage Playlist options, this view has basically everything that the playlist does. My suggestion is to make it the playlist...show the currently playing song, and the few little things its missing.

This way you wont have the ML/PL thing, plus it solves the sidecar problem (people begging for the wa3 style sidecar in the PL), as this is essentially the same thing, but better, as not only can you collapse away the sidecar, but it has multiple playlists and on top of that the awesome ML functionality!

All you would need is an indicator of which playlist is the currently active one, and some sort of default/catchall playlist that would open when you opened a file from explorer as to not overright an existing playlist.

...make any sense?
Old 16th December 2003, 20:30   #176
WHEREamI
Major Dude

I'm with badrad. I don't really like the idea of integrating it into the vis/vid window, but the ML/PL thing makes a lot of sense. I like the PL (wa3/wp style is better though). I'm only just starting to use the ML.
Old 16th December 2003, 21:04   #177
DrO

i get what badrad is saying - can see the logic in the idea.

i'm with you WHEREamI on prefering the wa3/wp style playlist editor. that's the aim of this plugin to give a wa3/wp style for those who have grown to love it - just a different option for those who want.

also i want an explorer playlist like winamp3 could have so that's why i'm looking at making the plugin have it's plugin system for those who want to do things like that again

-daz
Old 16th December 2003, 21:16   #178
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by WHEREamI
I'm with badrad. I don't really like the idea of integrating it into the vis/vid window, but the ML/PL thing makes a lot of sense. I like the PL (wa3/wp style is better though). I'm only just starting to use the ML.
Thats why it would be cool. You would have the PL, and it would have a sidecar with multiple playlists AND ML functionality. Kinda of like the way iTunes handles it.

Here, if we are playing the photoshop game, heres an example attached.

EDIT
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
also i want an explorer playlist like winamp3 could have so that's why i'm looking at making the plugin have it's plugin system for those who want to do things like that again
If they did it this way, a modified ML, you could just use the already existing ML plugin system...
/EDIT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg example.jpg (77.8 KB, 315 views)
Old 16th December 2003, 22:12   #179
DrO

will have to wait and see what happens from the devs on the matter

it won't change my plans though to create a winamp3 style playlist editor (already see a few posts about it popping up after a few hours of the new version being out...)

-daz
Old 16th December 2003, 22:20   #180
D&B
Banned

Oh yea, I still await your thing!

I just figured Id mention it, I think it would be great, but I wasnt asking you to do it (it really is something that, if done, needs to be built in), I dont even expect Nullsoft to consider it, I just had to get it it out there cause I know it would be better.
Old 16th December 2003, 22:43   #181
DrO

Quote:
it really is something that, if done, needs to be built in
that's the only way it could be done it is a good idea badrad and can't take that from you!

realised how i put what i said wasn't too good in the last post (just a bit tired at the moment - long day shopping and then at work).

-daz
Old 16th December 2003, 22:49   #182
D&B
Banned

Cool. I still HIGHLY await your extended playlist - its potential is amazing. I know your preoccupied with finishing JTFE right now, and I would complain, but I love JTFE, so, um, thanks? I just conufsed myself. Brain dead.
Old 16th December 2003, 23:29   #183
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by badrad
Thats why it would be cool. You would have the PL, and it would have a sidecar with multiple playlists AND ML functionality. Kinda of like the way iTunes handles it.

Here, if we are playing the photoshop game, heres an example attached.

EDIT
If they did it this way, a modified ML, you could just use the already existing ML plugin system...
/EDIT
except for the missing buttons, isn't this how the ML works in wa3/wp?
it's a fully functional playlist editor, you have the play indicator, etc..
the only bad thing about it really is that if you search for something, it'll "replace" the "old" playlist with a new one with just the search results..
Otherwise, isn't that pretty much what you want?

I never thought about wa5 not having this feature in it's ML, as wa3 does..
I want it.

-Plague
Old 17th December 2003, 00:55   #184
D&B
Banned

Quote:
isn't this how the ML works in wa3/wp?
it's a fully functional playlist editor...isn't that pretty much what you want?
Yea it is, thats what Im saying! It makes no sense the way it is now (in WA5). If you made the current playlist view in the ML a fully functional playlist editor, then it would be awesome. You would have sidecar-ish functionality. And you could keep around the PL for those who need just it, although collapsing the sidecar on a default playlist in the new superML would be the same thing. An unholy powerful merge of the two! Or keep around the old PL and just have them mirror each other.

Quote:
I never thought about wa5 not having this feature in it's ML, as wa3 does..
I want it.
Does that mean you like the idea?
Old 17th December 2003, 01:26   #185
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

yea, ofcourse I do, I use it all the time in wa3/wp.
It took me a while before I started using the Ml in wa3, but once I finally did, I actually came to like it and now I can't live without it.
Though I still don't want it adding all files I play automatically to the ML. I want that to be like in 5, where I can track folders, aswell as having the choice of adding files automatically once played..

-Plague
Old 17th December 2003, 01:35   #186
D&B
Banned

Quote:
I want that to be like in 5, where I can track folders, aswell as having the choice of adding files automatically once played..
Yes, those were much needed additions, and part of the reason why I use 5 over wasabi.player.
Old 17th December 2003, 05:12   #187
dlichterman
Forum King

im just posting to see if its working.....it wasnt in another post.

Well i guess ill write something: ML KICKS ASS.....and also this plugin will

[edit]ok mod you can delete it if you want[/edit]

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
Old 17th December 2003, 06:34   #188
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Well, I think that all of our ideas are good ones. That said, I would be just as happy with DrO's extend playlist plugin. I love the ML, and I don't think that it should be changed (yet)

Old 17th December 2003, 07:28   #189
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

making the ML changes might be a good idea for (yet another) separate project, as it doesn't really have much in common with the extended playlist..

-Plague
Old 17th December 2003, 07:29   #190
D&B
Banned

Quote:
making the ML changes might be a good idea for (yet another) separate project, as it doesn't really have much in common with the extended playlist..
If only we could clone Dr. O....
Old 17th December 2003, 16:31   #191
aside

Sidecar anyone?

I know the ExPlaylist is pre-alpha, not completely working etc... But, I was wondering, is the sidecar working at all?

I tried the plugin, and I can see both ExPlaylist preferences and context menu addictions to the PL editor. Yet, if I 'Enqueue' a file from there, nothing happens at all. No extra areas in the editor (sidecar?), nothing.

Also, I read DrO talking about a CTRL-M function opening an Explorer view in the sidecar. Needless to say, I can't see that either.

I'm not asking for support here, I just wonder if I'm doing anything wrong (like using a 'modern' skin) which prevents me from even previewing the ExPlaylist. You know, for evaluation, feedback, feature wishlist and suggestion...

Also, DrO, how about a (sticky) closed thread in which you post currently working features, to-do's and known issues? It'd make it a lot easier on enthusiasts trying to follow your progresses.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 17th December 2003, 17:35   #192
Ikarus7

i guess the sticky topic thing is what he'll show on his http://daz.ne1.net/ homepage ... but i guess he has just too much to do, so he has no time for creating a homepage...
worcaholic
Old 17th December 2003, 17:43   #193
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

@Aside, you need to read this entire thread b4 you post. it has been mentioned in here that this plugin is VERY early alpha stage. Therefore it doesn't do much at all.

Old 17th December 2003, 18:37   #194
DrO

@aside: the current two releases have been to show it can be done and to work on getting skinning issues fixed.

more will come, just it takes time

@Ikarus7: soon there will be something there

-daz
Old 19th December 2003, 05:22   #195
StAnGeR04

edited by me
Old 19th December 2003, 06:18   #196
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by aside
Also, DrO, how about a (sticky) closed thread in which you post currently working features, to-do's and known issues? It'd make it a lot easier on enthusiasts trying to follow your progresses.
It's already there. Most of DrO's plugins are already listed and linked to in the
Most Requested Features / Plug-ins Sticky thread. And DJ Egg or myself always update it as needed, as DrO adds to his fantastic accomplishments.

*Note: there will be a newer version of DrO's Autoplay and Time Restore Plugin v1.52 soon - newer than the one offered here at the forums in the Sticky and it will be available soon at his site. Autoplay and Time Restore Plugin v1.58 will be available soon there. Here is part of the changelog for v1.58...
Quote:
Version info:

v1.58 16-12-2003 @23:31

* adjusted handling so now if the playlist is empty then autoplay options are ignored
* fixed an incorrect logic check for the above that caused Win98 installs to fail
* added in an option to control the above behaviour (default is above now!)
* altered when the plugin name string is set - now shows up if prefs is opened for the above option
* included a simple piece of debug code to see if the value i convert is the same as that in the file initially for IceGod's issue

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 21st December 2003, 09:43   #197
urfage

Send a message via AIM to urfage
I've read through most of this thread a few days ago and I don't remember anyone suggesting a "follow cursor" behavior for this plugin. For those of you fimiliar with foobar you will know what I'm talking about. Foobar will play the song highlited in the playlist after the current song. Follow cursor has a lower priority than "enque" so the follow cursor rule would only be enforced when the queue is empty. It should also be allowed to be disabled of course. Hope you all agree this would be a great feature for the plugin. Dr O keep up the great work, without your plugins winamp feels naked.

-urfage
Old 21st December 2003, 12:54   #198
DrO

@urfage: i wanted to keep that idea quiet

Quote:
without your plugins winamp feels naked
oh er

note: jtfe is on the top priority at the moment but i'm quietly working on this one when i have a litte freetime. not forgotten, just not as well loved

-daz
Old 22nd December 2003, 04:51   #199
skywalker6705

Send a message via AIM to skywalker6705 Send a message via Yahoo to skywalker6705
sweet plugin

Sadly, the plug-in crashes my winamp right after loading. But honestly the sidecar is the feature I miss the most from winamp3, so I'm heavily supporting this plugin. I'm currently running a bunch of other plugins though. I'm wondering if they confilict with this one, becuase this is the only plugin that won't run.

Great job so-far though, it's only been a few days. Can't wait for a later release
Old 22nd December 2003, 09:09   #200
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

You should do DrO the favour of posting a list of all the plugins you are running, that way he can test to see which ones do/dont work with his plugins.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion