Old 2nd March 2004, 14:46   #321
Benco

@DrO : I find your Extended PL project very exciting !!

Do you plan to release something like a sdk in order to allow one to code plugins that would controle the left pane ?
Old 2nd March 2004, 15:17   #322
Lazesharp

don't you mean the right pane?
Old 2nd March 2004, 15:24   #323
Benco

... yeah, ... of course I mean that. shame on me, I don't even know the difference between left and right.

thanks for pointing out...
Old 3rd March 2004, 01:35   #324
DrO

ok, been a bit side tracked on this one (work and stuff on JTFE has to take priority).

Benco: the aim is for some type of mini api (a bit like the media library does) but that really needs some thought on how best to eventually implement it i think (do i go for a c++ style interface or a winamp style subclass and send messages).
and for the placement, the preview builds can already be switched so it could be the left pane or even the bottom pane if you wanted

the explorer playlist piccy i posted has been changed somewhat so it will act more like the way that explorer works though i like a straight drive listing so i'll probably leave both in place

-daz
Old 3rd March 2004, 04:05   #325
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

I would say go with the c++ style interface, for the API, and have the API classes doing all the msg sending to winamp. That seems like the best Idea to me.

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 3rd March 2004, 09:05   #326
Benco

I personaly don't like C++, so I would prefer it to be implemented in C. But anyway, I'm not a great programer for windows (as a programer, I come from linux, and I just decided a few days ago to try windows programing, in C with win32), so my preferences are not the most important to consider...

So, anyone have ideas of plugins to take place into the side car ? the explorer one is a good idea, I already suggested one to show queue list from JTFE, but maybe DrO have other plans, or even just ideas ??
Old 3rd March 2004, 09:10   #327
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Looks like this plug-in has evolved to more than just the WA3-PL-lookalike that it started at, so allow me to ask a simple question...

Will it still be possible to set it just like the WA3 PL? That is, files on the left and playlists on the right and nothing else?

Old 3rd March 2004, 23:24   #328
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by YtseJam
Looks like this plug-in has evolved to more than just the WA3-PL-lookalike that it started at, so allow me to ask a simple question...

Will it still be possible to set it just like the WA3 PL? That is, files on the left and playlists on the right and nothing else?
yes, that's still the aim but i really want it to be as flexible as possible (as the Winamp3 playlist had the potential to be)

Benco: the queuelist and the explorer playlist are going to be core additions since i need them and make the most sense to have as for other ideas i'm quite tempted with having a mini text editor in there so i can make notes, etc just to prove that it can be done

as for other things, i really don't know, maybe a lyrics plugin, album cover, the options go on..

-daz
Old 4th March 2004, 00:30   #329
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

Lots of good ideas on this page .

If the right pane window were accessible to maki scripts(as the wa3 one was in later builds), I could embed my Enhanced Browser project in it (or at least parts of it), and EB made a pretty nifty lyric(guitar chord, etc.) plug, using IE and Google's "I'm feeling Lucky" feature...not to mention it's other features. I've been looking for an elegant solution for putting it in WA5. I'd guess giving it that kind of ability would be shooting kind of high though, seeing as how it'd require gen_ff and all . /derail.

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the next Extended Playlist release, and (even more eagerly awaiting) the undo option we talked about

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Old 4th March 2004, 14:27   #330
mark e
Major Dude

some winamp developer, good coder or a ex-wadeveloper should help you
then it'll be done faster
Old 5th March 2004, 15:23   #331
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

one thing i really like about the playlist extended is that i can have a playlist with the new songs to listen to then click on my main playlist and search if i have that song on there. i cant wait till this is done. i have one question how well is this gonna work for classic skins?
Old 5th March 2004, 18:34   #332
Benco

@DrO : and what about not display the enqueue list, but the full content of the JTFE dialog ? just an idea, but maybe it is good, since you would always have it under your eyes (I don't remember if JTFE dialog is modal, and here at my office, I'm under Linux so I can't test ...)

another question : do you plan to use PL-like scrollbar, or keep windows-like, with support for ML-like scrollbar skinning ? I would personally prefer the ML-like ones, because it would be more consistent (not sure about the word... ), but it is really is not a big issue...
Old 18th March 2004, 01:38   #333
Weirdal

I am getting impatient!
anyway, just wanted to check if everything is going good
someting i noticed while messing with it today, maybe it was my imagination, but i thought the time was cut off in the left pane :\ now it isnt, i think it fixed itself after i messed with the text size
maybe i'm mistaken though
Old 26th March 2004, 03:50   #334
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
5.03 bug

i was using the 5.03beta and dl your plugin from your site. I noticed when you open up the main dropdown menu, the ml link dissapears and is replaced by another equilizer link...i dunno if uve already noticed this or not

I also noticed weirdals problem and couldnt ever get it fixed
Old 26th March 2004, 13:58   #335
DrO

psycho_maniac: classic skin support is the easy one (that's what i develop it in most of the time) but recent work on jtfe means i shouldn't have many modern skin issues once i've updated the relevant code.

Benco: full skinning of all of the controls will be added in

Weirdal: yeah, that's a known issue with the drawing code, just before the last pre-release version i managed to break the code somehow will be fixed when i release the next build

billyvnilly: there are issues with the menu addition code (though the last version is only a preview release so it's not really meant to run). and Weirdal's problem is mentioned above

---------------------------------------

the internal version is still coming along, there's a fair bit of work to do still with the current work on speeding up playlist loading on init and then the subsequent update on the files in the playlist. also the flashing white backgrounds are gone now (basically i can't code was the reason for it )

-daz
Old 26th March 2004, 19:00   #336
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
KEEP UP TEH GOOD WORK!!!

cant wait till next release

your humble plugin user,
billy
Old 26th March 2004, 23:49   #337
D&B
Banned

I also highly await this plugin! Your the best Dr. O!
Old 7th April 2004, 02:58   #338
DrO

ok, it looks like i'll be putting out a preview 4 in the next day or so (mainly to test out some code) and since Dextro asked so nicely it still won't be a functional version - no linking of plex to the original playlist window yet but it's almost there now for an initial functional release i think.

the main aim is to test out the explorer playlist code and also the improved code for loading files into plex (it now takes 4 seconds to load winamp and for the the current playlist filepaths to appear in plex against however long it used to be - i could walk away from my desk and back and still have time to spare) so all you 'fast' machine users should be able to see a noticeable difference i hope

-daz
Old 7th April 2004, 03:50   #339
Weirdal

oooooooo!
I cant wait
Old 7th April 2004, 09:40   #340
WHEREamI
Major Dude

hmmmm??? Explorer Playlist code??
see if that helps... (it might not.. i dunno.)

~WHEREamI
Old 7th April 2004, 12:04   #341
Dextro

YEH! PLEX is going to be back to our little bug finding, testing hands, thx DrO

Can't wait to get my hands on preview four, this is a plugin I'm looking foward to even though I never caugh much use of the original Winamp3 playlist (ok so I ranted winamp3 and hated that bug impested thing but I only did it because the so called "final" version had more bugs than the alpha and beta builds ).

Old 20th April 2004, 10:02   #342
Erestor

Hi,
I have been using WA3 for a long time with the explorer playlist as an plugin to have a "folderview". Now I have downloaded WA5 and have tried to find some kind of explorer playlist for WA5 and the things that I have found are: gUSB, it works quite ok, but I haven't found any sort function so the order of the folders are quite insane. Extended playlist, preview 3, but haven't got it to work, as you can see in the picture attached. Is there some way to get it to work as psycho_maniac picture or DrO's picture. Have I done something wrong?

Also the MEXP but it is not for free so... =)

One other thing is that I would like to have the "folderview" in the playlist editor as it was in explorer playlist.

greet.. Mathias
Old 20th April 2004, 10:44   #343
Dextro

Erestor as far as I know there isn't any such plugin for winamp 5 yet.

DrO's PLEX is a Preview version, it doesn't have any funcionality other than to show it is possible to work on the playlist, nothing more.

If you realy do need that functionality download the latest wasabi.player build and download the latest explorer playlist version, their all at the Wasabi Development Forum if I'm not mistaken.

Old 20th April 2004, 11:49   #344
maxdido

where can i download this extended playlist plugin? perhaps i'm blind....?
Old 20th April 2004, 11:53   #345
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
here

dro is still putting lots of needed work into it.
Old 20th April 2004, 12:03   #346
maxdido

thanks, now i can check it out.
Old 20th April 2004, 12:14   #347
Erestor

ok...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dextro
Erestor as far as I know there isn't any such plugin for winamp 5 yet.

DrO's PLEX is a Preview version, it doesn't have any funcionality other than to show it is possible to work on the playlist, nothing more.

If you realy do need that functionality download the latest wasabi.player build and download the latest explorer playlist version, their all at the Wasabi Development Forum if I'm not mistaken.
Thanx...
I'll do that.

/Erestor
Old 20th April 2004, 16:35   #348
David_Aames

Is there any progress lately? I'm really waiting for this plugin for wa5 te be perfect
Old 20th April 2004, 16:49   #349
DrO

i'm trying to push out a newer version but other projects have been taking a higher priority. as soon as i've got a basic version i'm happy with i'll release it (currently re-designing parts of the code to improve speed and playlist caching)

-daz
Old 20th April 2004, 19:11   #350
David_Aames

great

Does the basic version include the Explorer playlist?
Old 20th April 2004, 21:38   #351
DrO

yes it does and it's due to explorer playlist that i'm re-designing a lot of the base code since the first level of design just isn't flexible enough i've found to be able to load playlist files on the fly as explorer playlist needs to do.

-daz
Old 21st April 2004, 09:36   #352
macaroon
Major Dude

DrO,
Would it include a search facility? I know you can "search" for files with Jump and Jump to File Extra, but ultimatly you'll either jump to or enque a track. What I was looking for is something that allow you to search (on a look and don't touch basis) including the playlist numbers. It's the kind of thing one would want in a seach facility.

Is this in the great playlist/JTFE pipeline of fun?

Winamp 5 updates Spilt_Milk
Old 30th April 2004, 14:33   #353
David_Aames

bump
Old 30th April 2004, 19:29   #354
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by macaroon
DrO,
Would it include a search facility? I know you can "search" for files with Jump and Jump to File Extra, but ultimatly you'll either jump to or enque a track. What I was looking for is something that allow you to search (on a look and don't touch basis) including the playlist numbers. It's the kind of thing one would want in a seach facility.

Is this in the great playlist/JTFE pipeline of fun?
Well, the last time I checked, JTFE did that, just dont click on them.

That OR, you can always use the ML.

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 4th May 2004, 09:18   #355
macaroon
Major Dude

Quote:
Well, the last time I checked, JTFE did that, just dont click on them.
This is true, but I was after the playlist numbers next to the title and artist!

Winamp 5 updates Spilt_Milk
Old 5th May 2004, 22:03   #356
David_Aames

sorry sorry sorry, but i just cant wait, is the next version still far from, ready?
Old 5th May 2004, 22:52   #357
EdgeOfEpsilon

Send a message via ICQ to EdgeOfEpsilon Send a message via AIM to EdgeOfEpsilon
Could an option be made to have the songs in playlist order, rather than alphabetical order? Might be easier than adding an extra column.

sfx
Old 15th May 2004, 00:03   #358
Mouser X

I've been looking for that feature as well. What I mean is, to be able to search the playlist (as JTF does) but also display the PL # of the results. Or, for that matter, to be able to search by PL #, meaning, put "3241" in the search field, and have a result of what file is at that location. I've been wanting this for years, and so far the only thing that I have seen do it correctly, mostly, is Wincue 1.1 and below (Wincue is now 3.4, or something like that, but it doesn't do it right anymore.) I was thinking a funtion like this could be added to the JTFE, but it would probably fit in the PLex just as well, and maybe better. If I need to explain myself more clearly, please let me know. I'd try and give an ex. of what I mean, but I don't have the time right now... Anyway, if that search funtion (search by PL #, and display PL #) were to be implemented, the only thing that would stop me from using this plugin would be 1) my entire computer goes nuclear and melts... 2) death itself. That funtion alone would be a dream come true!!! Okay, that's it for me. Mouser X over and out.

EDIT: P.S. If you wanted to, you would be able to configure PLex to look, and act, like the orginal Winamp PL, right? I realise that the idea here is to bring back the side-bar do-hicky from Winamp 3 (Never used 3.), but personaly, I didn't much like it. Of course it has its uses, and if it was there, I probably would use it occasionaly, but I like the look the PL has right now... As I said though, that's obviously my opinion on that matter. Anyway, you could make it look, and act, like the original PL (except I would definatly use the search funtion), if you wanted, right?

Last edited by Mouser X; 15th May 2004 at 00:19.
Old 15th May 2004, 01:25   #359
sinnema

Hi DrO, how is PLEX (& MLEX) progressing?
Old 15th May 2004, 04:24   #360
electricmime
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouser X
I've been looking for that feature as well. What I mean is, to be able to search the playlist (as JTF does) but also display the PL # of the results. Or, for that matter, to be able to search by PL #, meaning, put "3241" in the search field, and have a result of what file is at that location. I've been wanting this for years, and so far the only thing that I have seen do it correctly, mostly, is Wincue 1.1 and below (Wincue is now 3.4, or something like that, but it doesn't do it right anymore.) I was thinking a funtion like this could be added to the JTFE, but it would probably fit in the PLex just as well, and maybe better. If I need to explain myself more clearly, please let me know. I'd try and give an ex. of what I mean, but I don't have the time right now... Anyway, if that search funtion (search by PL #, and display PL #) were to be implemented, the only thing that would stop me from using this plugin would be 1) my entire computer goes nuclear and melts... 2) death itself. That funtion alone would be a dream come true!!! Okay, that's it for me. Mouser X over and out.

EDIT: P.S. If you wanted to, you would be able to configure PLex to look, and act, like the orginal Winamp PL, right? I realise that the idea here is to bring back the side-bar do-hicky from Winamp 3 (Never used 3.), but personaly, I didn't much like it. Of course it has its uses, and if it was there, I probably would use it occasionaly, but I like the look the PL has right now... As I said though, that's obviously my opinion on that matter. Anyway, you could make it look, and act, like the original PL (except I would definatly use the search funtion), if you wanted, right?

isnt that basically http://nunzioweb.com/daz/jtt.html ?

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion