Old 25th April 2004, 15:17   #241
chris_d_smith

I've checked in my current development source in the "core" module in sourceforge. As mentioned above, it doesn't compile or run or anything at the mo but that should be fixed in the next few days.

I've also created sourceforge items for as many of the suggestions and bug reports from the winamp forums as i could find. If anyone's waiting on features/bugfixes, can you check to make sure i've added your desired feature/bug to the lists of bugs/requested features?

Note: sourceforge project is here
chris_d_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2004, 16:36   #242
skinme!
Forum King

Nice to see you've encorporated my comments into the feature suggestion tool. Thanks.

He had decided to live forever, or die in the attempt
In America - a must see film
skinme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2004, 20:52   #243
D&B
Banned

Looks good to me Chris, keep up the good work!
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2004, 00:58   #244
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

I'm confused as to which version I should get?

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2004, 07:42   #245
chris_d_smith

@whiteflip

The latest version is listed on the sourceforge page:

www.sf.net/projects/mlwww

It's ml_www044u
Old 26th April 2004, 09:39   #246
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Cool this thing is most awesome
Its far from perfect though. Would this be the thread I post possible bugs and possible improvements or do I go through sourceforge for that kind of thing?

I'm Back?
Old 26th April 2004, 18:22   #247
D&B
Banned

I think we are still talking about it here whiteflip....

Whats the problem?
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2004, 21:03   #248
Kickboy12

Send a message via ICQ to Kickboy12 Send a message via AIM to Kickboy12 Send a message via Yahoo to Kickboy12
Quote:
Originally posted by unfletch
That's because it's not Strict, hence the Transitional doctype. =)
I was referring this this:

Quote:
(For web people: it validates as XHTML 1.0 Strict, but I left the doctype as Transitional because of img-in-td vertical alignment quirks.)
I was pointing out it doesn't fully Validate as Strict, althought I wouldn't expect it too. I was merely testing to see how close to Strict you were able to get it. 8 or so errors is damn good considering how the HTML was written.
Kickboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2004, 00:43   #249
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

When I was testing it out I tryed to enqueue a file and it crashed winamp. I don't know how to get more specific than that. I was using firefox on the same system that winamp is on.

I'm Back?
Old 27th April 2004, 01:17   #250
chris_d_smith

@whiteflip

can you let me know what OS your running? Does the crash happen every time or just sometimes?

Do you have "Load Track Lengths" set to something other than 1 in the preferences?

If so, can you set it to one and try again?

(there's a known bug where "Load Track Lengths" set to values other than one can cause it to crash - this could happen on enqueue if you had 0 or 1 songs in your playlist when you pressed enqueue.
Old 27th April 2004, 03:15   #251
unfletch

@Kickboy12

Ohhhh yeah. Sorry, forgot I wrote that. I guess I made more changes than I remember after validating it.
unfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2004, 03:05   #252
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Windows XP Pro Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp1.020828-1920: Service Pack 1
Load track lengths is set to 0. What does this do?
The playlist is large, 576.
I was able to enqueue songs this time but when I was clicking on enqueue and jump to rather quickly Winamp crashed. Maybe I'm doing things to fast for the plugin?

I'm Back?
Old 28th April 2004, 04:09   #253
chris_d_smith

hmmm... shouldn't be the load tracks thing if your running XP... "Load Track Lengths" changes whether track lengths are displayed on songs in the playlist. If you have it set to 0 then it'll load track lengths for all songs in the playlist, 1 = just the current playing song, other number = for that many songs including the current playing one.

It's probably still worth setting "Load Track Lengths" to 1 and seeing whether that helps out at all.
Old 28th April 2004, 07:06   #254
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

wow that will speed things up at most. thanks for the tip. ill let you know if it solves the problem.

I'm Back?
Old 29th April 2004, 12:32   #255
ameneon

Setup of proxy server

Hi,

This plugin is just great. Finally I can access my music from everywhere :)

I am having one small problem though.

I have my own domain and apache is running on port 80 and therefore I cannot use that port for ml_www. Instead I am using port 81. Since that is blocked by the company firewall, I've set up a reverse proxy on apache which works for the webpages (i.e. they are server through port 80). But when I click a link to stream a file (the link being http://mp3.xxx.com/stream.m3u?idx=914_1803196785) it opens open in winamp http://user:password@xxx.com:81/fetc...fn=tittel.mp3, i.e. through port 81.

This comes from the m3u file which contains :
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:373, Title and some other stuff
http://user:password@xxx.com:81/fetc...food%20-%20the
%20crow.mp3

I would be eternally gratefull if someone could make an extra option with servername to stream from , or found a method to resolve this.
ameneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2004, 15:09   #256
monkeyfromx

Max Query Results

Is there a reason why Max Query Results isn't sticky? If I set the max query results to 600, everything works great. If I shut down Winamp, then relaunch, it is back to the default 200.

Also- what are the differences between the two available versions?
monkeyfromx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2004, 21:03   #257
Kickboy12

Send a message via ICQ to Kickboy12 Send a message via AIM to Kickboy12 Send a message via Yahoo to Kickboy12
Re: Setup of proxy server

Quote:
Originally posted by ameneon
Hi,

This plugin is just great. Finally I can access my music from everywhere

I am having one small problem though.

I have my own domain and apache is running on port 80 and therefore I cannot use that port for ml_www. Instead I am using port 81. Since that is blocked by the company firewall, I've set up a reverse proxy on apache which works for the webpages (i.e. they are server through port 80). But when I click a link to stream a file (the link being http://mp3.xxx.com/stream.m3u?idx=914_1803196785) it opens open in winamp http://user:password@xxx.com:81/fetc...fn=tittel.mp3, i.e. through port 81.

This comes from the m3u file which contains :
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:373, Title and some other stuff
http://user:password@xxx.com:81/fetc...food%20-%20the
%20crow.mp3

I would be eternally gratefull if someone could make an extra option with servername to stream from , or found a method to resolve this.
If your running it through a proxy via apache on port 80, then can't you set the Winamp setting back to 80, instead of 81? The file is using the point defined in your ml_www settings, so if you have it set to 81 all streams/downloads will try to use port 81.

Quote:
Originally posted by monkeyfromx
Is there a reason why Max Query Results isn't sticky? If I set the max query results to 600, everything works great. If I shut down Winamp, then relaunch, it is back to the default 200.

I believe Max Query Results has a 200 limit. So if you set it higher than 200, It goes back down on-launch... I think. I'll look more into that.
Old 30th April 2004, 02:19   #258
chris_d_smith

Quote:
Hm... could probably do this...

At the moment, it builds the server address from the location that you clicked (including the port) so if the request comes from localhost:81 then the reply will always point to that (eg: the port configured in the preferences is not used for this but it can only come from one of the configured ones because that's all we're listening to)

Can you put a SourceForge feature request in?

Quote:
I'm not sure... i haven't really looked at that code much, it could just be a bug...

Can you put a SourceForge bug in about that?

SourceForge: www.sf.net/projects/mlwww

Quote:
The only differences are in the way that the skins work. 0.44b uses a long winded format whereas 0.44u (or 0.44b_unfletch, they're the same thing) uses a less verbose format (and therefore is probably faster).
Old 30th April 2004, 02:37   #259
monkeyfromx

Quote:
Quote:
quote:
I'm not sure... i haven't really looked at that code much, it could just be a bug...

Can you put a SourceForge bug in about that?

SourceForge: www.sf.net/projects/mlwww
Done.
monkeyfromx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2004, 11:14   #260
Master-of-Metal

I have done all the things required for the plug-in, but i see no change to my winamp.

I was wondering if someone could take a screenshot of what i should be seeing
Master-of-Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2004, 11:17   #261
theknub
Major Dude

there is no change in winamp... it gives you the ability to access your ML over the web and stream and/or download music from it.

When you take a hand and chop the fingers off... what do u get?

That would be the knub.
theknub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2004, 12:24   #262
Master-of-Metal

and how do i get the url for my ML?
Old 1st May 2004, 12:29   #263
Master-of-Metal

ah nm, i found out...but ill say how just incase anyone else is wondering...

Find out your current I.P address, and the port number you have in the www_ml plug-in settings (default is 80)

The url will be: http://(IP Address):(Port)
Old 1st May 2004, 13:47   #264
Dextro

our, if using it in the same computer as winamp, http://localhost:port ;)

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2004, 21:31   #265
Kickboy12

Another suggestion:

It would be nice if the passwords were encoded in some way, and the boxes that contain passwords in the plugin options were censored (Similar to password boxes on web forums). Many people use my computer, and it would be nice if they had no way of getting my admin password as it can be used in other programs I have.

I'd do it myself except I have almost no C++ experience; although I am learning.

[@imho] man
[@imho] I had dreams about unit testing last night :-(
[@sim`a] i have nightmares about syntax errors, whats your point
Old 4th May 2004, 00:53   #266
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

you could always pick a unique password for the admin password given its high insecurity.

I'm Back?
Old 4th May 2004, 02:14   #267
Kickboy12

Still would be redundant if other people can get the password from within winamp without even trying.

[@imho] man
[@imho] I had dreams about unit testing last night :-(
[@sim`a] i have nightmares about syntax errors, whats your point
Old 4th May 2004, 02:15   #268
chris_d_smith

@Kickboy12

Yep, good suggestion, i've added it in sourceforge

Anyone have oppinions on which of the three options i listed as implementations is preferred? (i guess the 3rd one :/ )
Old 4th May 2004, 06:14   #269
ameneon

Re: Re: Setup of proxy server

Quote:
Originally posted by Kickboy12
[B]If your running it through a proxy via apache on port 80, then can't you set the Winamp setting back to 80, instead of 81? The file is using the point defined in your ml_www settings, so if you have it set to 81 all streams/downloads will try to use port 81.
No I can't use the same for apache(which I use for proxy and webserver) and ml_www as they open up a listener on the port configured. It is not possible to have to applications listening on the same port (how should handle the request). The only thing I might do is to do some dynamic rewriting on the m3u files from apache. Hmmm, maybe I'll try that
Old 4th May 2004, 16:12   #270
meku

WOW!

I have tried BrowseAmp2, Halo8WWWinamp, and Wawi and this plugin blows them all away!

Praise aside the advanced search doesn't appear to work... i type a search and it just returns to 'Browse Artist' page.
Is this a known issue?

ml_www 044u
winamp 5.03
various browsers
meku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2004, 02:32   #271
chris_d_smith

@meku

Hmm should work... works for me in ml_www 044b...

just checked 044u, doesnt work there

Maybe just go back to 044b at the mo? it's all the same functionality but a bit slower :/
Old 5th May 2004, 03:51   #272
meku

chris_d_smith:

Thanks, 044b infact does work for the advanced search, but loading the /ctrl page (frameset) crashes winamp...

I guess I can't have my cake and eat it
Old 5th May 2004, 04:40   #273
chris_d_smith

try setting "Load Track Lengths" to 1 in the preferences - that may fix it (known bug)

can you tell me what OS you are running?
Old 5th May 2004, 04:57   #274
meku

Quote:
Originally posted by chris_d_smith
try setting "Load Track Lengths" to 1 in the preferences - that may fix it (known bug)
Yes, setting that prevents 044b from crashing, but I'll stick to 044u. Advanced search isnt all that useful for me, I was just wondering why it wasn't working (Browse by album would be much more useful *hint hint*)

Quote:

can you tell me what OS you are running?
XP PRO SP1, winamp 5.03
Old 7th May 2004, 02:28   #275
PokySharpy

Crash!

This plugin rocks! Thank you so much for creating it, it's the perfect way to control my Shoutcast stream from work. However, I am also getting the infamous Load Track Lengths bug.

50-track playlist is loaded. I fire up the browser remote control. If I click on any control buttons (play, next, stop, etc) Winamp immediately crashes. Actually, if I press play, it plays a split second of the first song THEN quits.

If I set Load Track Lengths to 1, everything is perfect.

Both computers (Winamp host and controlling computer) are WinXP Pro SP1, IE 6, Winamp 5.03.

But I DON'T CARE, THIS THING KICKS ARSE! Just thought you'd like to know that the bug definitely still exists on XP machines.

Edit: Forgot to include that I'm running v0.44b-fletch that I picked up today from the SourceForge project page.
PokySharpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2004, 10:18   #276
chris_d_smith

Yay! code for the next version finally compiled and linked today who knows if it actually works or anything but hey, that's for fixing tomorrow
Old 7th May 2004, 13:43   #277
ameneon

change log

Is there a changelog for the new version ?

Keep up the good work !
Old 7th May 2004, 14:27   #278
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
new version? sf page shows last uploaded version was 04-15
inthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2004, 04:45   #279
chris_d_smith

umm at the moment the next version has no new functionality, it's just basically a rewrite of many parts and splitting the source up into smaller files so it's easier to work on via sourceforge.

Once it all works without too many bugs, i'll start working on bugs/feature requests.

hehe i guess that's a long winded way of saying "no change log yet"
Old 8th May 2004, 05:00   #280
mondo shaking

503 Service Unavailable Error

I just found out about this plug-in and it seems pretty cool... Kinda just what I wanted. Anyway, I tested out the streaming function, and it works fine on Windows Media player. But for some reason, I get a 503 error when I try streaming to Winamp. Why is that?

Normally, I'd blame my set up since I'm on a college network, but if it works fine in WMP and not fine in Winamp, then I get confused. I've tried searching for this topic on Google and in the forums, but that was a no go. Any ideas?
mondo shaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion