Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 16th March 2005, 21:02   #121
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
but so that does not have to be done, maybe Darren will look at it and then correct it.
confirmed and already fixed bug in the build i'm putting together. i'll try and bundle up some of the files i've been testing with in a bit

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 21:10   #122
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@NetCruizer
That issue is fixed - or will be in the next public build

@Nunzio
What version of WMP do you have? Does Win95 support any higher than v7/v8?
If v6/v7, then I don't think there's an option to save to .wpl

btw, me and DrO have already done extensive testing of asx wax etc playlists - mainly by using the hundreds of them linked to in the forums from over the years - though the toughest part was finding the ones that don't contain dead links, heh.

Try testing associations.
eg. make winamp the default for .asx
Make sure "restore associations on startup" is checked.
Try some online asx files
Then close Winamp
Open WMP and make it the default asx handler.
Close WMP
Reopen Winamp
Confirm it's now the default asx handler again
etc

afaict, everything's working properly

Just the issue with asx, wax, etc not showing up in the OFD under "All supported Files" (only showing under "Playlist Files" or "All Files" at the moment).

[Edit]

Confirmed that it's Windows OFD 260-character limit to blame, not winamp or the plugin, heh.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 21:23   #123
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
@Nunzio
What version of WMP do you have? Does Win95 support any higher than v7/v8?
If v6/v7, then I don't think there's an option to save to .wpl
Actually, Microsoft claims that Win95 can't handle anything past v6.4 but I tweaked the system to install and run v7.01. Anyway, I just checked and the .wpl format is not supported in this version of WiMP.

Okay... as much as I hate using WiMP, I'll test those online asx files you mentioned (by digging through some of those threads), in WiMP and in Winamp, and switch associations back and forth between the 2 but I'd still like to test other formats directly in Winamp, regardless of whether WiMP v7 handles them or not.
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 23:31   #124
DrO

Playlist Loader v0.9.7.0 Mk II (formerly known as B4S Playlist Loader)
  • Added in external open/enqueue file handling even when Winamp was not running
  • Added in Bookmark handling support (from library and menus)
  • Added in Advanced ASX file - Protocol rollover support
  • Added in wmx handling (is an asx based format)
  • Fixed the code to enumerate any of the asx based playlists and not just asx as in older builds
  • Implemented file association support for the playlist formats provided by the plugin (set via the filetypes dialog and matches Winamp's own registry handling)
  • Fixed a potential crash on load when the playlist was empty
  • Added in putting the supported urls into the recent url list (on the Open/Add URL dialog(s))
  • Fixed the Open Playlist dialog in the playlist editor not matching Winamp's handling for the added formats
  • Few other code tweaks, etc that i forgot
  • Fixed bookmark loading from the menu to load correctly and not inverted
  • Fixed crash issue on Win9x systems when open Winamp's 'File Types' preference page
  • Added a small test feature used when opening any of the open/add file dialogs and F7 is held down to output to ofd_listing.txt the strings making up the file extension drop down list
get v0.9.7.0 Mk II

Well let's see how this build goes for people (and with the download link this time)

-daz
Old 16th March 2005, 23:44   #125
ujay
Forum King

O.k. Sorry I couldn't get back earlier, I've dug into the 'All supported types' and I think it's the Window's filter string is too long problem.
Not entirely sure though. I started by disabling in_wave, which should have been enough (6 in, 6 out) but that didn't fix it, so I dissabled Tara (12 types) and that didn't fix it, so then tried in_mod (18 types) and that finally fixed it. Seems odd that it needed 18 file types removed to accommodate 6 additions.
Also, it seems that deselcting the new types does not function, the ASX types always open with Winamp whether they are selected or not.

As mentioned earlier the protocol rollover type will not work from a local file unless they are renamed to ASX. It seems they will load and play from a webpage but I'm also getting a second file appearing in the playlist, 'C:/.wma'. Need to look at this closer as it doesn't always happen.

The Shoutcast in ASX files can be found at http://www.liveireland.com use the liveIreland 1 link and you get a popup with two sets of three buttons. I think I mentioned earlier that this type will work if it contains a .pls file but not if it contains the stream itself.

May have some more time later so I'll go out on the web and check links from there, will report back when I get the time.

Just seen the Mark II so I'll check that now.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 00:01   #126
DrO

With the 'All supported types' issue, it's down to the OS and the length of the supported file extensions to check going over 260 characters in the list (use F7 in the new build to create the text file - stored in the Winamp directory - and then see what extensions come after the 260th character for the full extension list). As such i can't do anything without messing things up for all of the other extensions which isn't worth the problems i think (if you can understand where i'm coming from).

All the internal checks are based on file extensions so if there's no file extension then then it's unlikely to work. If you can give me a link, etc to some of these rollover files then that'd be useful.

Ah, i see what you mean about the shoutcast one, which i think you said before. if so then i think i just forgot to note it down. I'll be fixing that in the next version hopefully

-daz
Old 17th March 2005, 00:17   #127
G the K

Send a message via Yahoo to G the K
Is this ready for Win 9x now? Because I reinstalled 0.9.7.0, backed up the b4s2m3u.dll file, and reinstalled those in the attachment. I then got more errors and a crash.What do I do now?
G the K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 00:22   #128
DrO

make sure it's the newest 0.9.7.0 Mk II build (http://nunzioweb.com/daz/files/Playl..._7_0_Mk_II.exe) that you've installed. then i need to know if it crashes system specs and also what the crash message is, especially what the type and if need be the offset is

-daz
Old 17th March 2005, 00:22   #129
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
get v0.9.7.0 Mk II
Old 17th March 2005, 00:31   #130
ujay
Forum King

Here are the ofd files, No. 1 is with in_mod enabled, No, 2 is with in_mod disabled.
ASX always opens with Winamp regardless of setting.
ASX playlists are loading upside down.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ofd_listing.zip (1.3 KB, 201 views)
Old 17th March 2005, 00:51   #131
DrO

with the first file, the total length of the supported extensions line is 380 chars with the extra playlist formats (344 before). so for the first file it should as a result ignore *.stm;*.stz;*.s3m;*.s3z;*.it;*.itz;*.xm;*.xmz;*.mtm;*.ult;*.669;*.far;*.amf;
*.okt;*.ptm;*.b4s;*.asx;*.wvx;*.wax;*.wmx;*.wpl

with the second file it's 274 chars so you should just be losing *.wax;*.wmx;*.wpl

so for it to be added, you're possibly going to need to look into reducing the mod extension list and even some of the real media ones. otherwise you're stuck with a OS limitation of 260 chars as the max supported length of the extension list be item in the drop down list.

-daz
Old 17th March 2005, 01:06   #132
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@UJ

For in_mod, in_midi, in_wave, in_mp3
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....1328#openfiles

For Tara, try editing tara.ini (root winamp dir)
You could remove rarer extensions like rnx, rv, rmx, rt, rmm

[File Types]
; Real Audio and Video Files
;1=RAM;RMM;RA;RNX;RMX;RV;RM;RMJ;RPM;RT;SMI;SMIL:Real Audio Files
1=RAM;RA;RM;RPM;SMIL;SMI:Real Audio and Video Files

(the lines preceded by ";" are ignored)

As DrO says, there's not much else that can be done, thanks to the Windows 260 character limitation. Sure, DrO could add the extensions to the beginning of the list, but then you'd only lose whatever is at the end.
Old 17th March 2005, 02:25   #133
G the K

Send a message via Yahoo to G the K
Great! Did a good job! Except I'd like it if more than one url didn't open up when I click on this .asx file I've got saved. But I guess that can't be fixed.

I'm sorry if this is "off-topic", but what about the .wma files at www.paulharvey.com being associated with Winamp? (In the sense that it's the default player)?
G the K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 02:30   #134
JonnyMac

It works (v0.9.7.0 , v0.9.7.0Mk II) except for one oddity, I can only stream from Firefox. If a click on .asx link from Mozilla 1.7.x or the horrible MSIE, the playlist editor is not populated with the links within the .asx file. Just the file name of the .asx file is displayed.

I have the day off from work tomorrow, so I will spend some time changing some settings, associations etc. Perhaps it is just something at my end. However, I wanted to post this issue on the chance I am not the only one who is experiencing it

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 02:35   #135
ujay
Forum King

Can you clear something up Egg.

The first thing I tried was deselecting extentions in File Types but it had no effect at all on what showed up under Open File(s). In fact I deselected all of them and then turned on only the dozen or so types I actually use.

The only way to disable them is to disable the in_xxx.dll itself.

Is that right ?

Guess I've always had this problem then, and it's only shown up because the missing file types have been ones I don't have until now

Anything on why .ASX will not unassociated.

UJ
Old 17th March 2005, 02:44   #136
noonan

.9.7 works great on my w98se box.

I did notice that firebird 1.0.1 will not spawn winamp correctly for

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live...903_030903.asx

It fails when I use the default .asx association which I have set to winamp. If I uncheck the .asx association in the options/download/plugins dialog, enter the url and select 'open with winamp', it will open correctly with the 4 url's embedded in the .asx.

This is a real strange situation and I only mention it in the name of completeness. It is just something I noticed.

Thanks,

Noonan
noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 04:11   #137
ujay
Forum King

The problem with protocol rollover is still there.

Go to http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/ WMP section and click a few links until you find one without an extention, load that and I get the stream and a rogue C:/.wma showing up. Sometimes the .wma is before the stream, sometimes after.

Anything on getting the asx playlists the right way up. If it's any help it looks like only the <entry> blocks are being loaded the wrong way up, the files inside individual <entry> blocks are loaded the right way.

UJ
Old 17th March 2005, 06:21   #138
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@g the k
The links at www.paulharvey.com have got nothing to do with the Playlist Loader plugin.
That's an entirely different issue. They're not even playlist links.
They're direct links to .wma files, but more importantly, they use the Microsoft Media Server (MMS) protocol (ie. the stream url starts with mms:// prefix) and alas, Windows Media Player is hard-coded to be the default mms:// protocol handler.
All you can do there is either drag+drop the url into winamp, or copy+paste it.

@JM & noonan
works fine here :/

@UJ
Hmm, I see what you're saying.
Not sure where that 2nd "C:/.wma" link is coming from.
However, those extensionless streams are actually direct links to the stream, ie. you can copy & paste (or drag+drop) them straight into winamp and just add ?.wma to the end and they play fine, without having to save to an intermediary .asx

Re: extensions/associations
Did you see my previous post and check that link?
You can still have all of in_mp3, in_midi, in_mod and in_wave enabled, but unassociate all supported file extensions from within the respective plugin's config - and then winamp will no longer support said extensions - and naturally they'll no longer show up in Prefs > File Types, nor anywhere in the Open File Dialog.
And the only way to unassociate specific file extensions from Tara is to edit tara.ini

[Edit #25]

Oh, and I can't reproduce the "asx can't unassociate" issue either.
Is Winamp Agent enabled or something?
What happens when you unselect asx in Winamp Prefs, close Winamp, and go to WiMP Options and reassociate asx there? Are you saying that when you reopen winamp it's become the default asx handler again?
Old 17th March 2005, 08:13   #139
ujay
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Hmm, I see what you're saying.
Not sure where that 2nd "C:/.wma" link is coming from.
However, those extensionless streams are actually direct links to the stream, ie. you can copy & paste (or drag+drop) them straight into winamp and just add ?.wma to the end and they play fine, without having to save to an intermediary .asx
Yeah, got that. I found that some are plain .asx which launch just fine, some are http:// links which launch fine apart from the C/.wma thing and some are mms:// links that can be dragged and dropped and then fixed up.
Quote:
Re: extensions/associations
Did you see my previous post and check that link?
Yeah got that now thanks. I guess I'd always assumed that deselecting the file type removed it from the supported types as well. Never been a problem until now as the only types I was loosing were the ones I never used anyway.
Quote:
Oh, and I can't reproduce the "asx can't unassociate" issue either.
Is Winamp Agent enabled or something?
What happens when you unselect asx in Winamp Prefs, close Winamp, and go to WiMP Options and reassociate asx there? Are you saying that when you reopen winamp it's become the default asx handler again?
What happens is - say I deselect .mp3, then double click an .mp3 file Windows comes up and asks what program I want to open it with.
If I deselect .asx and double click an .asx file then it still opens in Winamp.

Turning the agent on/off makes no difference.
Associating .asf in WMP makes no difference.

Thanks for all the help here.

UJ
Old 17th March 2005, 09:26   #140
DrO

ujay: with the unassociate issue, can you look at what keys are in the registry for the file association (HKCR -> .asx) and look at what's listed. it could be that the default/backup handler has been messed up somehow since without this plugin it should normally be ASXFile in the default entry.

any FF issues, i'm not sure on and will have to take the info, etc i get from Egg on the matter since i'm still a IE only advocate

-daz
Old 17th March 2005, 10:07   #141
ujay
Forum King

This is what I have with asx selected :
code:

.asx
(default) REG_SZ Winamp.Playlist
Content Type REG_SZ video/x-ms-asf
MP2Last REG_SZ Default
PerceivedType REG_SZ video
Winamp_Back2 REG_SZ ASXFile

.asx\OpenWithList
(default) REG_SZ (value not set)

.asx\OpenWithList\wmplayer.exe

.asx\OpenWithProglds
ASXFile REG_NONE (zero-length binary value)

.asx\Persistent-Handler
(default) REG_SZ {098f2470-bae0-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}

.asx\ShellEx

.asx\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}
(default) REG_SZ {c5a40261-cd64-4ccf-84cb-c394da41d590}

*Additional*
This is what I have with asx deselected :
code:

.asx
(default) REG_SZ ASXFile
Content Type REG_SZ video/x-ms-asf
MP2Last REG_SZ Default
PerceivedType REG_SZ video

Rest as before

UJ
Old 17th March 2005, 10:49   #142
DrO

that's strange since that's what i get with my setup if i've done a forced restore in wmp but all the associations work correctly in both cases. hmm, not too sure what's going on then

-daz
Old 17th March 2005, 11:10   #143
ujay
Forum King

Looks like something messed up in Explorer > File Types > .ASX
A click on the Restore button fixes it.

I get the same thing occaisionally with not being able to check/uncheck 'Launch Winamp for audio CDs'

UJ
Old 17th March 2005, 12:03   #144
DrO

heh, that's strange indeed. my guess is there's some issue with the OS on your system since if the handler is restored back correctly by the plugin as it's doing from what you posted then it's happening somewhere else. got to love Windows at times

-daz
Old 17th March 2005, 12:52   #145
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

UJ...

LOL. Your system's messed up. None of what you are saying is happening on my old Win95 box.

btw... you mentioned a problem with http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/ where a few links without extensions stream with a rogue C:/.wma showing up, and that sometimes the .wma is before the stream, sometimes after. I haven't found any where that happens but in case you do have other problem with that website, do what I just did...

They've decided to include a "disable right-click" script (borrowed from Dynamic Drive) at their site, which totally sucks. I mean it sucks - royally. But it's easily circumvented. Go to the site. In your browser, "View Page Source". Open the source code in Notepad or Editpad.

Eliminate/delete this bullshit code...

<script language=JavaScript>
<!--

//Disable right mouse click Script
//By Maximus (maximus@nsimail.com)
//For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

<!-- var message="Function Disabled!"; -->
///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {alert(message);return false;}}
function clickNS(e) {if
(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {alert(message);return false;}}}
if (document.layers)
{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}
else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}
document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
// -->
</script>

After deleting the above code, insert this immediately after the beginning <HTML> tag...

<base href="http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/">

Resave the new HTML document locally on your puter and reference it instead of the actual site. Same as visiting the site but now you can right-click on certain streams that give you trouble and open them in Winamp that way. In the future just check for updates to the site and repeat the above procedure.
Old 17th March 2005, 13:15   #146
ujay
Forum King

Quote:
UJ...
LOL. Your system's messed up. None of what you are saying is happening on my old Win95 box.
I should never have bought a PC, I was perfectly happy with my Cray Super X5000

Not really a problem with the site, I can always get what I need out of it. Firefox has this handy Page info > Links that shows up all you need to know.

I'll try what you said later and see if that's what causes the C:/.wma thing.

UJ
Old 17th March 2005, 13:25   #147
noonan

Quote:

@JM & noonan
works fine here :/
It works on my winxp box too. No big deal.

Thanks, it works great!

noonan
noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 14:54   #148
DrO

i'm going to try and make a 0.9.7.1 tonight which fixes the http://127.0.0.1:8080 handling and also need to fix it so that the temp playlist when adding to the playlist part of the ml is removed and then as long as people are ok, i'll submit it to winamp.com to spread it around a bit

-daz
Old 17th March 2005, 16:33   #149
Walter66

I installed Playlist Loader 0.9.7.0 Mk II and couldn't get the file association to work. When I tried to open any asx file Winamp would pop open but no file would load. This is one of the files I tried to load by association--

<ASX version="3.0"><Entry><ref HREF="mms://sr-wm.qbrick.com/02038_p2-musik-wm-High"/></Entry></ASX>

I checked Preferences>File Types and asx and the other files were highlighted.

I don't know if I'm adding anything or not. V. 9.6.0. works just great with drag and drop.

Walter66
Walter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 22:13   #150
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

1. Technical issues?

Supply the following info:
Windows OS
Browser and version
Winamp version (eg. 5.08d Full)
List of any other extra 3rd-party winamp plugins installed
url of site hosting the .asx
Stream url / asx sample
Description of problem.

2. Shoutcast streams in asx playlists

For sites which offer alternative formats for shoutcast streams, like liveireland,
Winamp users should use the provided MP3 stream (.pls playlist).
The .asx stream is intended for Windows Media Player only!
If trying to use the asx in Winamp, then the plugin will add /.wma to the end of the url's and it won't work. In other words, use the wrong format at your own risk :/

[edit - DrO]

Just to add to things, both myself and Egg have worked closely on this and are aware of certain limitations with how the plugin handles things like the Shoutcast streams in asx (which can be worked around but it then breaks a load of normal extensionless streams, which outweighs the benefit of having this check in place).

Please follow the guidelines Egg has posted, since we both agreed and came up with them to make our lives easier when fixing potential issues (if they actually are or not).

The plugin will do the best that it can do, but considering there's not much information in these playlists, trying to second guess on certain entries especially extensionless urls is nigh on impossible to be right 100% of the time. Until it's done, either manually edit the urls if they don't work and save to a new playlist file for later use, or wait for the url handler which will allow you to specify how it's handled by the plugin.

-daz (turned into a bit more than a quick 'i agree with Egg edit' as this was meant to be )
Old 18th March 2005, 00:00   #151
DrO

Playlist Loader v0.9.7.1 (formerly known as B4S Playlist Loader)
  • Fixed a bug in the asx rollover handling where a blank entry (converted to C:\.wma) was incorrectly being added to the playlist
  • Fixed code handling for the 'import playlist from file' under the playlist entry in the ML to now remove the temp playlist file created
get v0.9.7.1

It's late now but the webpage for the plugin will be going up tomorrow now as i've got to edit in Egg's instructions on how to fix the Firefox association issues (basically you need to manually associate Winamp to the relevant extensions from within the browser). Also see Egg's post above and my edit to it regarding things with the plugin and how some of the reported issues with certain asx files need to be handled.

-daz
Old 18th March 2005, 02:27   #152
ujay
Forum King

Great piece of work

Working extremely well here so far.

The upside down playlist only looks like a problem with drag and drop.
Double-click or Right-click > Play/Enqueue are o.k.

UJ
Old 18th March 2005, 03:02   #153
DrO

damn, hadn't seen that mentioned before (should read every post twice most of the time). right i've internally fixed d&d to the main window. the playlist needs a bit more time since it's a bit fiddly at the best of times. expect a 0.9.7.2 tomorrow night (uk time ). sleep now as it's gone 3am here and i need to be up a bit after 7am :/

-daz
Old 18th March 2005, 23:41   #154
DrO

Playlist Loader v0.9.7.2 (formerly known as B4S Playlist Loader)
  • Fixed the Drag and Drop handling issues
get v0.9.7.2

As promised, there's a new page up for the plugin (which should cover and explain any of the issues,etc). The plugin's page is http://www.daz.ne1.net/playlist_loader.html

-daz
Old 19th March 2005, 00:28   #155
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Hey! Nice! I like the new licence agreement in the installer.
Description of the plugin, links to the plugin page at your site and this thread.
Very cool and also professionally done.
3 thumbs up

Okay. Now do a super-quick review and submit it!
I wanna see this listed in the Winamp.com plugins database tonight!

Newbie Question:
Is there any way I can get this radio station to work in Winamp?

Our "pat" Answer:
Yes. Install DrO's Playlist Loader plugin.

Old 19th March 2005, 02:00   #156
ujay
Forum King

Just checking over the bookmarking now (one crasher so far, Offset 00004481) but as I can't for the life of me imagine how the situation has arisen in the first place I'll leave it for now.

Only other left over is the file with the multiple pre rolls and multiple streams that I mentioned earlier. Winamp never has handled this sort of thing very elegantly now I come to think of it so maybe there's nothing that can be done about it anyway.

UJ
Old 19th March 2005, 02:56   #157
DrO

ujay: hmm, that crash offset is in the memory clearing code for part of jnetlib. if it's a one off then there's not much since it could have been due to something with the connection, etc, dunno.

yeah, those multiple rollovers are a pain and to be honest without a lot of work and hassle i doubt a proper wmp style handling would be possible considering how Winamp works.

--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=144564 that's the plugin once the servers catch up and it appears!

-daz
Old 19th March 2005, 16:01   #158
DrO

right, plugin is now live and listed on Winamp.com. not sure what the issue with the second review is though and would hope that he posts/contacts me about it so we can try and fix it (unless it's that mms:// streams as indicated on the plugin's webpage)

unless anything major comes up with the plugin i'm gonna put a hold on development for this for a bit (been working on it for a month now so a bit of a break from it is needed). thanks to those of you who helped test/report/making me fix bugs, etc

-daz
Old 19th March 2005, 16:26   #159
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Good to see that it's included now along with your other published plugins.
Actually, you should really publish a hell of a lot more of them.

Hmmm. I don't know who this Brian Morrison is but rather than "trash" a great plugin with an unfavorable review that could disuade others from downloading the plugin, all he had to do was post here first instead, and perhaps his problem (which may or may not be due to something he may or may not be doing wrong) could have been addressed right here in this forum. Then perhaps he could have posted a good review, which is what this plugin deserves IMHO.

Ya know, I really do wish that somehow the review system at Winamp.com can be changed to allow for comments/replies/edits by a Staff reviewer and/or the plugin author, perhaps similarly to how I do that very thing with my guestbook.

Can't something along those lines be done about that?
Who can we contact? Wen maybe? Who's in charge of the scripting in use for the review system at Winamp.com? It really pisses me off how a lot of plugins receive bullshit reviews and then how those reviews stay there as they were posted, spoiling shit and possibly disuading newbies from downloading/using otherwise good plugins.
Old 19th March 2005, 16:33   #160
DrO

Quote:
Good to see that it's included now along with your other published plugins.
Actually, you should really publish a hell of a lot more of them.
yeah, well i'm actually planning on just publishing a full plugin pack once i've updated a few i'm currently working on at the moment (just because i've not seen a plugin pack done before and if the avs'ers can do it, why can't i )

as for the comment, it's just the general thing for things like that (look at the comments about the UK Lang Pack for a similar sort of thing )

afaik, changes to it, i think it'd need more time put in than's available (but i could be wrong) but i agree, an edit feature would be good for it.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion