Old 31st January 2006, 08:59   #41
copykat

WIll we have photo support with the new iPod plugin??
copykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 10:42   #42
glop

Will : i try to translate little clip with adaptated format and resolution (320*240 MPEG) by the way of. It never match....Does it support it in the final release ..or not for the moment ?
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 22:06   #43
afruff23

If this thing gets added, it'll be funny that non-USC DAP's get better winamp support than USC DAP's. All I want Winamp to do is to sync my music files(with the same folder structure) to my UMS-compliant DAP and possibly automatically export smart playlists. The gUSB plugin is not a syncing plugin; it overwrites files even if they're the same.
afruff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 00:31   #44
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

mmm graphics-y http://stashbox.org/uploads/1138753212/portables.gif

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 00:45   #45
lifer

Hey, Will, I'm happy to hear that you are implementing the long-needed portable device suport in Winamp. Just a couple questions, if you have a few moments.

I did a clean install of 5.2 build 393 beta and don't quite understand the playlist functionality with portable devices, specifically my iPod. There does not seem to be a way to transfer existing playlists to my iPod or for generating smart playlists on it. Did I miss something or are these features still in planning?

Thanks again for all your great work!
lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 16:21   #46
DM.

I noticed there is a 0kb .ALB file which is being transfered, what is this file? My Dell DJ seems to work fine when its there and when its not. But does Winamp need it for any particular reason? Or is this just an overkill transfer to support the wide range of MTP players?
DM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 16:27   #47
will

Quote:
Originally posted by DM.
Or is this just an overkill transfer to support the wide range of MTP players?
Yeah pretty much. Some players need it, and as far as I can tell there is no way to know if a player needs it or not.

Old 2nd February 2006, 17:23   #48
DM.

Ok thanks for that...

And another question. Will there be support to export playlists from an MTP device to the computer? This seems to be a much requested feature, which so far, no MTP program can do...
Old 2nd February 2006, 23:47   #49
will

what other MTP programs are there? I looked and couldn't find any apart from windows media player.

Old 3rd February 2006, 12:47   #50
harkonen70

ok .. I know .. everyone is likely going to groan .. but any hope of having the PSP being supported?
harkonen70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 13:51   #51
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

I think the problem with sony is the same problem with all their devices, they like to go it out on their own rather than with the masses. makes life much more difficult.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 17:24   #52
harkonen70

understatement there, I am afraid ...
harkonen70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 18:26   #53
glop

for information
iriver U10, philips HDD 30 GB and from today Creative Zen: vision M

i test and :
-support for MP3 sending to the media but not for video
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 18:28   #54
DrO

it's not designed to properly work with video at the moment i believe

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 21:39   #55
JayBaddd

Hi all. I am using a SanDisk Sansa m230 mp3 player, which is Microsoft Plays for Sure compliant and is recognized on my 2.8 GHz P4 512 MB HP 7600 Desktop as an MTP Media Player. However, after I performed a clean install of Winamp 5.2 Beta build 393, the player is not recognized.

Is there anything else that could be done? Or is the m230 not compatible with Winamp? Thanks in advance.

Jay Bader
Orlando, FL
JayBaddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2006, 06:09   #56
DM.

Quote:
Originally posted by will
what other MTP programs are there? I looked and couldn't find any apart from windows media player.
Real Player 10.5 and Musicmatch 10 will work with any MTP players. IMO Real Player was the best free program to use for MTP players. It was the only program that allowed ID3 tag editing, and song 'streaming'. Both MM and RP allowed you to create, and edit, playlists on the player like you can now with Winamp. But none of them will export a playlist to the computer
But both programs were very slow at loading the data. RP will scan every file on your player and read the information, MM will do a similar thing as well.
I verifed this using the MTP Monitor program, supplied in the MTP Porting Kit which is available from Microsoft.com for free.

I'm only familiar with the Dell DJ's and the Creative Zen players, not sure what iRiver, Samsung, and others have out there.
Old 4th February 2006, 15:23   #57
JayBaddd

Let me kind of clarify my post. I actually do not mean that Windows XP SP2 does not recognize the Sansa m230 after Winamp 5.2 Beta build 393 is installed, but Winamp does not recognize it. Sorry for any confusion.

But hopefully some of you have suggestions. If not, at least you are aware that at least one Microsoft Plays for Sure-compliant MTP Media Player is not recognized by Winamp.

Thanks again!

Jay Bader
Orlando, FL
Old 5th February 2006, 17:57   #58
Kanpai

Send a message via AIM to Kanpai
Hey, i'm really kind of in a bad position right now. I recently got a 5G iPod, which never really seems to ever do what i want, but that's aside from the point. I had ml_iPod on winamp when i first got it because i hate itunes, but i thought it was screwing up how the ipod was playing videos so i switched to iTunes.

I downloaded 5.2 with portable support yesterday, and today i went to try out pmp_ipod by dragging and dropping a new song onto my iPod (which it detected no problem.) It transferred it, but the second it got to 100%, winamp had a runtime error and crashed. I checked my iPod and the song was NOT on there. I tried this several times and each time the bug replicated. I then instructed it to sync, and paused it so i could delete certain files from going on to the iPod. After pausing, when the next song finished transferring i got the same bug.

On top of that, when i headed back to itunes to try and put the song on that way, it refused to display any of my songs! I could play playlists and it would tell me the number of results when i searched, but no songs. I know this obviously isn't an iTunes support forum, but i can't help but feel tbat pmp_iPod did something to my iPod filesystem that's giving itunes trouble, because i definitely didn't have this problem before.
Kanpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 21:26   #59
lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by lifer
I did a clean install of 5.2 build 393 beta and don't quite understand the playlist functionality with portable devices, specifically my iPod. There does not seem to be a way to transfer existing playlists to my iPod or for generating smart playlists on it. Did I miss something or are these features still in planning?
Does anyone know what playlist functionality the new Portable Device Support plugins are supposed to provide? I'm just curious if I should start using the new iPod plugin or stick with the existing ml_ipod plugin because it seems to do more than the one in the current 5.2 beta. Thanks!
lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2006, 05:21   #60
The Absorbant

Streaming from PFS/MTP devices?

Hey!

Really cool that Winamp will now include portable device support by default but... All I really want to be able to do with my Creative Zen Xtra 60GB (MTP/PFS firmware) in Winamp is stream songs straight from the player like the Zen plugin does for the non-MTP players... Will this be implemented later? Pleeeeaaaaase?
The Absorbant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2006, 04:52   #61
boerner

what are the odds that winamp would/could support sony hi-md or minidisc players? I own a sony mz-dh710 hi-md player, and it is not recognized, obviosly, by the new ml_pmp plugin. From looking at the previous posts, it seems pretty hit and miss with which players are recognized and working properly.
boerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2006, 12:20   #62
will

It is not hit and miss. We support all iPods, Creative players and everything which has the Microsoft Plays For Sure logo on the packaging.

Unfortunatly, Sony players are not part of any of that. Blame sony, not us.

Old 9th February 2006, 13:43   #63
The Absorbant

Quote:
Originally posted by will
It is not hit and miss. We support all iPods, Creative players and everything which has the Microsoft Plays For Sure logo on the packaging.

Unfortunatly, Sony players are not part of any of that. Blame sony, not us.
What about my question, will streaming from PFS/MTP players be implemented later? Redchair's Notmad can stream from the Zen players with PFS/MTP firmware, so it should be big a problem...?
Old 9th February 2006, 23:03   #64
stuckinasquare3

I'm trying to use WinAmp (v 5.2.0.393?) to sync between my Zen Touch and my computer. It looks like it shoudl work really nicely, the only problem is, when I click sync or drag and drop files from my library it only adds like 15-30 songs to it and then claims it can't add anymore b/c the device is full even tho it reads the device as having like 37gbs of free space. It recommends I try autofill and whenever i try that it crashes. What do I do
stuckinasquare3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 11:43   #65
stuckinasquare3

i had to add all my songs to my zen manaully and now that they're all on there WinAmp only recognizes about half of them under Portables...
stuckinasquare3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 15:54   #66
will

stuckinasquare3: Ack, thanks for the bug report! This should be fixed for the next version.

Old 10th February 2006, 17:01   #67
JayBaddd

Update: with Winamp 5.2 Beta build 427, the Sansa m230 is now being recognized! Will check and see if there is full functionality and post results.

Keep up the great work!

Jay Bader
Orlando, FL
Old 10th February 2006, 17:09   #68
will

Awesome!

Old 11th February 2006, 17:05   #69
colorspace

Winamp build 427 > Media Library > Portables > My HP iPAQ rx3715 Pocket PC isn't being displayed. It should be Playsforsure compatible.

Quote:
HP will be offering an upgrade to Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for
the HP iPAQ RX3000 Series Mobile Media Companions in select languages.
Starting in mid-November, devices can, with this upgrade, become PlaysForSure-
compatible with music services. Customers should check
http://www.hp.com/support for availability for their particular model and
language.
I can synchro my iPaq (with 1GB storage card inserted) using WMP. screenshot
colorspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2006, 17:57   #70
will

colorspace: can you run this program and lemme know if it shows up in that.

Old 11th February 2006, 18:09   #71
colorspace

Yup, it shows up :-)
colorspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 00:56   #72
The Absorbant

But WHAT ABOUT STREAMING FROM PFS PLAYERS??!! Will it ever be implemented?
Old 12th February 2006, 05:19   #73
ridemylightning

Send a message via AIM to ridemylightning
Quick question:

When I transfer a song onto my Creative Zen Touch, it names the file using the following format.

Artist Folder\Album Folder\## - Track Title.mp3

ex: HIM\And Love Said No\06 - Right Here In My Arms.mp3

Now, is there anyway to change the naming format? I've looked through all the options, but I don't know if I'm just overlooking something, or if it's not doable.

Thanks.
ridemylightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 10:06   #74
shaneh
Major Dude

Will: This plugin is coming along nicely. Though I still regularly get runtime errors when transfers hit 100%. The file itself has been transferred over but not registered, so it basically just takes up space until I manually locate the file and remove it or format my nano.

Ive noticed that it only seems to happen for some files, and every time for that particular file. Renaming the file or having the file in or out of the media library doesn't seem to make a difference. Other files from the same directory can transfer fine. Updating the ID3 tags for the 'bad' files doesnt seem to make a difference either.

I can supply you with a file which causes this if you want, but the truth is its about 50%+ of all files seem to cause it. I notice a few people have been experiencing the same error, but you havent addressed it.

Also, has drag and drop support just been removed or has it never been there and Im just thinking of ml_ipod?
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 12:24   #75
will

I havn't had any problems like those you speak of shaneh, neither has anything like this been reported so far. Could you supply me with a problem file and the iPod_Control\iTunes\iTunesDB file on your iPod.

I've PM'd you with my email address.

Old 12th February 2006, 17:23   #76
SpaceBanana

Quote:
Though I still regularly get runtime errors when transfers hit 100%
Yep... got exactly the same problem. I did mention it further back up the thread but I guess it got flooded by all the other comments.

I too could supply you with one of the mp3's that causes the error if you want.

Apart from this, great plugin!
SpaceBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 18:21   #77
drGonzo

Quote:
Originally posted by SpaceBanana
Yep... got exactly the same problem. I did mention it further back up the thread but I guess it got flooded by all the other comments.

I too could supply you with one of the mp3's that causes the error if you want.

Apart from this, great plugin!

I've been having the same runtime error at the end of autofill, reported here:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....07#post1853907
&
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....27#post1854527

I've had to uninstall ml_pmp & reinstall ml_ipod, which continues to work fine.
drGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 23:27   #78
Hepcat

I also have been getting the runtime error at the end of file transfers to my iPod.

What I found was that songs that I've downloaded from Emusic, or ripped from CD using iTunes, are the ones giving me problems. Transfering just one of these songs will cause the runtime error consistently. Songs ripped from CD using EAC & Lame have not been causing problems for me.

I would be happy to provide any more info or files, if needed.
Hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 00:15   #79
Kanpai

Send a message via AIM to Kanpai
Don't mean to be redundant, but my post in here was about the runtime error as well.
Kanpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 08:19   #80
will

Ok, I think I've fixed this problem now. Thanks for the help guys

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion