Old 11th April 2006, 12:40   #201
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Patch for bug with audiobooks (playback position lost)

Hi, Will,
I just patched ml_ipod (1.30) so that it can handle "bookmarkable" files (audiobooks), see the attached patch. I hope you can incorporate these changes into pmp_ipod. Up to now, ml_ipod and the new pmp_ipod both deleted the current playback position on the iPod. That means, whenever I connect my iPod to WinAmp to add one or two songs, all my playback positions are gone.

Basically it is necessary to read the current playback position from the "Play Counts" file during connect (as with the ratings etc.), and then update the corresponding field in the iTunesDB. Important is to set two extra bits in the "mhit" to make the track bookmarkable. I did this according to the genre, whenever genre is "Audiobook", "Speech" or "Hörbuch" (German for audiobook), the bits are set. It would be nicer to have this configurable on the options page, but for me this was enough.

Audiobooks work like a charm now.
And I'm sure there are more people out there who use their iPods for audiobooks.

Would be great to see this in one of the next releases of ml_pmp.

Regards,
Achim

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2006, 12:59   #202
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by abu
I just patched ml_ipod (1.30) so that it can handle "bookmarkable" files (audiobooks), see the attached patch.
Somehow, the attachment got lost. Here it is...
Attached Files
File Type: txt ml_ipod_playpos.patch.txt (14.9 KB, 851 views)

ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Old 11th April 2006, 23:27   #203
kenwoods

I've got a problem,
each time I choose a song ( or several songs ) from a search I made within the Media Library, and right click and choose "send to portable device",
the view changes to the portable device view.
Is there anyway to stay in the search window ?
it's pretty annoying, since it clears up your search...
kenwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 15:03   #204
cmachine

transcode

The new portable device feature (i use an ipod) does not work together with the transcode plugin.
so i can't get my flacs on the ipod. will this be fixed?

the old ipod-plugin worked well together with the transcode plugin. incopatible file formats were automatically transformed when transferring to the ipod

will this be supported in future again or did I do a mistake in operating?

thanx
olaf
cmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 18:42   #205
unger76

iAudio x5

I understand how annoying these "what about sync for [insert your portable device here]" must be and I am now ending up writing one my own *sorry*

I'm considering buying an iAudio x5, the only thing I'm utterly unhappy with is that it won't be recognised by Winamp as it's not Play For Sure.
I have just tried Mediamonkey instead of Winamp as the Sync seems to work fine MM but it's just not the same as Winamp and I'd hate to switch...

Does anybody know a way around this problem or can you (Will perhaps?) tell me whether the iAudio will be included in a future Winamp/ml_pmp release?
If a little donation or me going from Winamp Basic to Pro would help then that would be fine as well (hey, I know it's not much but still...).

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
markus
unger76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 07:56   #206
jay armstrong

Re: iAudio x5

Quote:
Originally posted by unger76
I understand how annoying these "what about sync for [insert your portable device here]" must be and I am now ending up writing one my own *sorry*
I'm with unger, I'd love to see the 'Portables' pick up my iaudio player (not the x5). As I understand, all iaudio players show up as removable (flash) drives, which is great for dragging and dropping folders/files without running any software and staying independent of the platform. However, it would be nice to manage a couple of playlists for the device and keep them saved in winamp.

Right, so what might it take to add support for this type of player? Perhaps winamp could recognize such drives by their name (winxp) upon autoplay/insert?

I'm trying out the gUSB plugin, which works well but has no options (such as being able to copy music into folders on the drive instead of the root dir). Of course, real winamp support looks more fun.

Once you open up ml_pmp for outside tinkering, we might get the iaudio crew to write a plugin for it. Regardless, thx to will and everyone else who's made this Media Library so useful.
jay armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 10:36   #207
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

afaik, pmp_usb would be what you need. but its not out yet.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 11:09   #208
jbond23

Here's another heart felt plea for Direct Playback or a fudged, buffered version of direct playback for PTS/MTP machines and Creative NJB machines. It's the one thing I'm really missing. I don't particularly want sync via winamp or file transfer but I do desperately want to play tracks on my Zen Xtra through Winamp and hence reported to Last.fm via Audioscrobbler.

I'm slightly worried that the ml_pmp is now tied to main releases. I do hope this won't slow up enhancements and bug fixes
jbond23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 13:39   #209
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

ml_pmp is tied to main releases. And, well, I'm a contactor. So either AOL specifically contracts me to do something, or I do it for free.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2006, 05:22   #210
skywalker6705

Send a message via AIM to skywalker6705 Send a message via Yahoo to skywalker6705
I think it's safe to say that everyone apreciates a re-code with more stable support and official integration into Winamp.

But it's been a few months now, and it still doesn't have the features of the older non-official plug-in. (which was never unstable in my case, didn't crash, and worked fine). ml_pmp should have been delayed until it was on-par or better than. I still can't update winamp because of it.
skywalker6705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2006, 12:59   #211
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

two totally seperate applications.

Old 4th May 2006, 22:10   #212
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker6705
... I still can't update winamp because of it.
ml_ipod 1.32 is out. And it works perfectly well with Winamp 5.21. I use it every day. So no need to hesitate, update to the new Winamp AND the new ml_ipod (see signature)

Old 6th May 2006, 16:10   #213
RoxorFuxor

Send a message via AIM to RoxorFuxor
Please disregard this post, I solved the problem already.

Last edited by RoxorFuxor; 6th May 2006 at 16:46.
RoxorFuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2006, 13:05   #214
Icegod

I just recently bought an iPod (5G 30gb) asn it isn't recognized by winamp as long a iTunes is installed on the system. iTunes on the other had does recognize it.
Once I remove iTunes winamp sees it and there's no problem.

I switched of the automatich start up of iTunes when an iPod is connected and I also tried with the service set to manual. But as long as iTunes is on there winamp doesn't see my iPod.

Is there something I'm missing here?
And what could I do, except leave iTunes off the system of course, to fix this.
Icegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2006, 16:03   #215
will

IceGod: if you searched you would have found the answer: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=246012

Old 19th May 2006, 12:55   #216
Icegod

Ok I wasn't all that clear in my previous post.
But I did try that and well that had no effect for me.
I will try again if I get home though.

Also my problem is just that winamp doesn't recognize my iPod at all. Not that winamp doesn't see my iPod when I start iTunes.

I will also look to see if any other iTunes related proces/program is loaded at sartup.

Will let you know how it going
thx
Old 20th May 2006, 09:34   #217
Icegod

As I said starting or stopping the iPod service didn't do much.
The iPod still isn't recognized by winamp.
Old 26th May 2006, 13:42   #218
vanbregt

Winamp 5.22 should have added playlist transfer support (according to the release notes). But I can't seem to find out what exactly is supported. I use an iPod.

@Will: can you please inform us what's supported?
vanbregt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 16:57   #219
ManGz

will, could you tell me when you plan to add support for copying music to hard drive? would be nice to know, think i stick to mlipod until you add that feature.
ManGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 17:29   #220
will

ManGz: It's on the wishlist, so as soon as possible.

vanbregt: Right click a playlist in the media library tree, and use "Send To" -> "iPod"

Old 26th May 2006, 19:37   #221
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
Originally posted by will
ManGz: It's on the wishlist, so as soon as possible.

vanbregt: Right click a playlist in the media library tree, and use "Send To" -> "iPod"
Is it in the plans to get a "sync all" button? I have a bit more than 400 playlists and when you go to "send to" you have to scroll down the whole list before you get to your Ipod.

It would be really cool just to click a button and then walk away instead of having to drag things over. That method seems kind of "ITunes-ish"
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 05:27   #222
vanbregt

Quote:
Originally posted by will
I have tried that and that works. But should the playlist be synced from that moment? I can't tell.

Smart views are not transfered, I have noticed. That's a pity.

And yet another question: if I play music on my iPod, will these played tracks be submitted to Last.fm?
vanbregt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 21:15   #223
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Hi Devs, Thanks for implementing Playlist support for the ml_pmp, especcially on IPods. However, it seems that I can only move the playlists to my IPod one by one. Am I missing something or is there a way I can mass select the playlists and move them over?

So I tried ML_Ipod to transfer my playlists and it seems that with the new architecture that playlist support is now "broken". Is this correct also?

I have over 400 playlists and I cant imagine that there would not be a way to select them all and put them on my device.
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2006, 09:10   #224
Icegod

I just dropped by to say that with the new winamp 5.22.
My iPod is finally recognized by winamp.
Old 1st June 2006, 14:52   #225
fffizzz

Im using winamp 5.22, and i didnt load the ml_ipod plugin after like some people have.

What i generally do, i make a playlist called iPod and copy all my music to that playlist that i want to copy over. Well, i never used the "portables" support until this version, fresh install of windows, as i had older version of winamp previously, and ml_ipod worked flawlessly for me.

The problem is i highlight everything in playlist, right click, and send to "ipod".

It then goes to the queue screen, copies the first song, and then just stops. No errors, no nothing. Ive tried moving things in groups of 10's and some times it works flawlessly, but it appears that maybe certain id info on a track might cause problems?

here is a screen cap of what im referring to
[Image]

Any help on this would be sweet..
thanks

*edit* also, just want to clearify that some of the enigma rip tracks with the ascii chars copies fine if thats what you might be thinking
fffizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2006, 09:52   #226
rh2600

Creative Nomad Zen Direct Playback Solution

Just thought I would re-install ionic's good old Winamp Zen Plugin and it still works with 5.23.

So whilst we wait for Nullsoft to pick up their game we can use this little driver which apart from giving you direct playblack, also allows your nomad to be accessed over the web etc etc etc

http://winampzenplugin.sourceforge.net/
rh2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2006, 10:23   #227
jbond23

Creative Nomad Zen Direct Playback Solution
Yes, But, this doesn't work with the MTP-PFS firmware only with the old Creative jukebox firmware.

So yet again, here's the plea. Can we please have direct playback in winamp from MTP devices. Please. Pretty please. It's the one thing I want from the Portable Device plugin.
Old 12th June 2006, 17:20   #228
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Jeez, I'm pretty sure its already been stated that its coming in a future update.

Old 12th June 2006, 20:51   #229
will

It's already on the wishlist! It will be here soon, calm down.

Old 12th June 2006, 22:38   #230
pixeladdict

Copy2HD

Sigh.. 5.23 and still no Copy to harddrive.. seems I have to wait a little longer

will, I know it's on the wishlist and I really don't want to annoy you, but it would be great to have this in your new plugin because one could discard the older plugin (by now I always reinstall the older plugin after upgrading Winamp).

If this finds its way into 5.24 it would be like xmas

But anyway, your work is very much appreciated.

There is one thing that confuses me in the new plugin.
I use an ipod shuffle and I can't see the list of mp3s sorted in order of its original transfer order i.e. I can only sort the list alphabetically or by legth, rating etc. ..or did I just miss anything? This is very uncomfortable for ipod shuffle users.

Anyway, keep up the good work
pixeladdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 03:24   #231
winamp_nation

Fffizzz is right...

I'm using 5.23, and I'm having the exact same error as ffiizzz. It started appearing after 5.21, so I'm wondering if I need to do a clean install, or if this is a known bug...because it's happening to several other people.

Thanks.
winamp_nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 07:17   #232
jbond23

Will, sorry bout that. I really should read the wishlist occasionally. http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....threadid=64975
"Playback for MTP and creative devices"
Old 15th June 2006, 17:12   #233
c014

Hello
I have an Iriver U10 and it's not recognized by winamp at all.

It shows up as a device and is found everywhere else, but not by winamp.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled winamp it still doesnt work.

Uninstalled itunes also, still don't work.

I run xp sp2 media center edition.

Please help. I read that some one else have got this particular player to work.
c014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 19:29   #234
rjageman

winamp reads itunesdb, ipod does not

I'm using winamp 5.24 with a 20gb ipod. Winamp recognizes my ipod and transfers music, but the ipod doesn't seem to recognize the itunesDB after winamp touches it--it shows no music, albums, songs, etc.

The first time I had this problem, I reformatted the ipod, connected to itunes on a different computer to seed the itunesdb. I then connected it back to winamp and transferred music. For a few transfers everything was fine. After a large transfer, however, the same behavior occured--ipod stopped recognizing the db, but winamp continues to show the the intact library (even on different computers). It seems like winamp has does something to the db which it can tolerate but my ipod can't.

I've tried resetting the ipod. Still can't recognize the db. It has the latest firmware installed.

I've also tried restoring the backup itunesdb. The backup, however, has the same problem--understood by winamp but not by the ipod itself. Strangely, my backup itunesdb is named iTunesDB.old_mlpmp--something I haven't come across in the forums.

I can also rebuild the itunesdb with anapod (seperate machine). It finds all the music transferred via winamp and rebuilds itunesdb to where the ipod can read it. However, once this is done winamp no longer recognizes the ipod! This seems to be a seperate and mirror image bug--an itunesdb which the ipod recognizes but winamp doesn't tolerate.

I have zipped up the various itunesdb, but can't post them due to file size constraints. I've put them on my web server and would be glad to email or pm the link to anyone who can help.

Thanks,

Bob

sorry for the double-posting; this post was meant for this thread.
rjageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2006, 13:46   #235
Beau Kemp

Achim - Thanks for your hard work! The new winamp portable support is just not up to snuff, but ml_ipod gets better and better! I'm still using winamp 5.13 and it's working great.
Beau Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 15:44   #236
garetheld

I've tried a ZEN sleek photo on winamp 5.24 and 5.21 on 2 win2k PCs, but no success. I've also tried ionic's zen plugin(http://winampzenplugin.sourceforge.net/), but it just crashes winamp on startup. Can winamp handle the sleek photo yet?
garetheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2006, 15:47   #237
mrsamitk

Will did you get a chance to read my thread about this plugin?

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=259841
mrsamitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 10:58   #238
jbond23

Slow startup and cacheing

The initial load of the portables media library on starting winamp is pretty slow. But then I am trying to load 70Gb.

In a future release, perhaps you could look at caching this?

Creative Zen Xtra using MTP with winamp 5.3
Old 25th November 2006, 21:02   #239
caa100

Track Order: SanDisk Digital Audio Player SDMX1

Winamp 5.32 recognizes this player as a USB device.

This player has an annoying "feature." Within a folder, it plays songs in the order they were copied to the player. (Even if file names have numeric prefixes.)

In ML, if you click an album and send to the drive, the files are added to the "transfer queue" in alphabetic order by the track name (not the file name). So you wind up with an alphabetic playback order.

To work around it, create a playlist and send the playlist to the player. When done this way, files are added to the transfer queue in playlist order.

-caa

ps: I am not asking this to be changed, this is just an FYI. I move files to this puppy by dragging folders in Windows Explorer.
caa100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 00:56   #240
Hayden_54

How likely is it that the ipod plugin will support adding album covers and photos.

Also it would be great to have playcounts from the ipod added to those from the media libary

Are these currently on the wishlist and what sort of priorities do they have?
Hayden_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion