Old 27th January 2006, 20:28   #121
Hanschke

i think we have got a playlist bug. i want to load a playliste and nothing happens. if i drop it from the explorer to a emty winam playliste it work but the funktion load playliste not for me.

have make a clear install. win xp pro with sp2 and all patches. creative auditgy 2 zs latest drivers.
Old 27th January 2006, 21:13   #122
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
Great release so far

Not a huge issue, but I noticed that the handling of unknown file extensions is a bit different than in previous versions.
Say that the assumed file extension is set to mp3 (under Prefs > Playlist). If you then load a file named song.huh which is actuallly just a renamed mp3 file, metadata is not read and the line in the playlist editor becomes empty.
In earlier versions, ATF would not work either, but then the input plugin specific formatting would jump in.
Something similar happens when you set the assumed file ext to ogg and you load a renamed ogg file. I guess this issue arrises for all input plugins which had their own title formatting removed?

When I did the same with a wma file, info was displayed fine (I don't recall if ATF actually worked or if the filename was used; I don't have Winamp on this computer to check now...).
Fixed in_mp3 blankness. Still gotta fix in_vorbis.
Old 27th January 2006, 21:47   #123
Rfire

Not sure if this has been reported already.

When I first play certain mp3s the length displayed in the main window is all messed up (like it'll say 30 minutes, then jump to saying 15 minutes, then 10, then eventually display the true length) and the bitrate jumps around (even though I have show average bitrate for VBR files checked). It does this until about halfway through the song. This behavior does not occur in Winamp 5.12.

Something in common with these mp3s that had this occur: They were encoded with either LAME 3.90.2 or LAME 3.90.3 with --alt-preset standard or extreme switches, and the files have CRCs in them. It doesn't seem to have this problem with mp3s that do not have CRCs.
Old 27th January 2006, 21:51   #124
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm... any chance of a link to a zipped sample mp3?
Old 27th January 2006, 22:08   #125
Rfire

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Hmm... any chance of a link to a zipped sample mp3?

I zipped up the smallest one I had of the offending mp3s.

Had to put it on yousendit because it exceeds forum attachment limit. It's 5.2MB.

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...00N8XNKICYOBB2
Old 27th January 2006, 22:43   #126
slavas
Major Dude

atached nsv file crashes 359 build... dont remember any settings, it was laying for too long on hdd...

btw any chances or why not on
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=235694
at least Q1?
Attached Files
File Type: zip _cutted_sweetbox-read_my_mind.zip (9.7 KB, 406 views)
Old 28th January 2006, 01:22   #127
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
I listen to a lot of music by dragging links to the playlist. And that is working because I hear the music just fine, however the time of the track is reported as 0:00.
Screenshot attached.

Thanks guys. Great work. I am so excited for 5.2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pastedimage2.jpg (17.2 KB, 527 views)
Old 28th January 2006, 01:43   #128
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Rfire
Thanks. Reproduced.
Although it didn't happen after fixing the mp3 with vbrfix, it still shouldn't be happening to all mp3's with CRCs, and it certainly didn't happen in 5.0-5.12. I also couldn't repro the problem with wmp, vlc, or mpc. Only with 5.2beta.

@slavas
Yup, that nsv crashed winamp 5.2b here too. Then again, I also tested it in 5.08 & 5.09, and it also crashed in those (faulting module: in_mp3.dll)

@Juanus
Sorry, but we can't reproduce your problem. It almost sounds to me like you probably didn't do a clean install and you've got the evil in_mp3pro plugin installed.
Old 28th January 2006, 02:02   #129
hawke

Winamp 5.2 Beta - build 365 or 359 can't play Wave Files,please fix it,thanks.
My OS is Win98 SE.
Old Version Winamp 5.12 can play wave files.

I already clean install winamp 5.2 Beta,but it still can't
play WAVE files.
Have anybody the same problem?I think maybe in_wave 3.0
have bug,right?

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't repro this at the moment. I'm yet to find a WAV it can't play!
But yeah, I'll test it on Win98 later today, just to make sure.

[Edit #2 --> DJ Egg]
All WAVs play ok under Win98 for me. Make sure that Winamp\libsndfile.dll and Winamp\Plugins\in_wave.dll are both present. Other than that, please define "can't play" and/or provide a link to a zipped sample file.

Last edited by hawke; 28th January 2006 at 03:02.
Old 28th January 2006, 02:04   #130
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

hawke, works fine here, I guess it's no Winamp 5.2 Bug. Try clean install.
Old 28th January 2006, 03:00   #131
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by hawke
My OS is Win98 SE.

play WAVE files.
Have anybody the same problem?
Thanks for the heads-up. It's quite likely that it's because you are on Win98. We havn't gone through our normal "make-it-work-on-win98" round of testing yet
Old 28th January 2006, 03:48   #132
dhead998

Quote:
Originally posted by hawke
My OS is Win98 SE.

play WAVE files.
Have anybody the same problem?I think maybe in_wave 3.0
have bug,right?
When I set in the wavein configuration output to 32 bit winamp dont play wave files, when i cahnge back to 16 bit it plays without problem..

But I dont know, maybe is my soundcard

98SE

Thnx to fix the library bug (?), winamp 5.2 will be a great release!!
Old 28th January 2006, 04:17   #133
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
@Juanus
Sorry, but we can't reproduce your problem. It almost sounds to me like you probably didn't do a clean install and you've got the evil in_mp3pro plugin installed. [/B]
Clean install, no plugins.
Beta 365 XP Home SP2
I tried it on two different machines (work and home) and it does the same thing. Maybe it is the links that I am trying?
Interesting fact, if I click on the link and the "open save" dialog box comes up, if I choose open and winamp plays it because MP3s are associated with winamp, then the track time shows up, but If I add the URLs manually by clicking Add . Add URL, I get the same problem.
Here are a few URLS where I have the problem.
http://www.lordsofacid.com/sounds/vo...t/VooDoo-U.mp3
http://www.lordsofacid.com/sounds/vo..._Crablouse.mp3

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Ahh! D'oh. You didn't say first time that it was happening just when dragging/playing streamed mp3's. Ok, reproduced. Thanks.
Old 28th January 2006, 04:42   #134
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rfire
Not sure if this has been reported already.

When I first play certain mp3s the length displayed in the main window is all messed up (like it'll say 30 minutes, then jump to saying 15 minutes, then 10, then eventually display the true length) and the bitrate jumps around (even though I have show average bitrate for VBR files checked). It does this until about halfway through the song. This behavior does not occur in Winamp 5.12.

Something in common with these mp3s that had this occur: They were encoded with either LAME 3.90.2 or LAME 3.90.3 with --alt-preset standard or extreme switches, and the files have CRCs in them. It doesn't seem to have this problem with mp3s that do not have CRCs.
Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus
I listen to a lot of music by dragging links to the playlist. And that is working because I hear the music just fine, however the time of the track is reported as 0:00.
Screenshot attached.

Thanks guys. Great work. I am so excited for 5.2
Both fixed. Thanks for reporting
Old 28th January 2006, 08:10   #135
slavas
Major Dude

Quote:

@slavas
Yup, that nsv crashed winamp 5.2b here too. Then again, I also tested it in 5.08 & 5.09, and it also crashed in those (faulting module: in_mp3.dll)
haven't tested and no longer have old winamp version, but demuxed audio plays fine
edit: just tested demuxed and remuxed audio with my nsvcutter and it plays fine...

anothor bug (at least here) ML wont add files with cyrilic names, my regional settings are Lithuanian if that matters
Old 28th January 2006, 09:29   #136
crazee

I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, but i'm having problems with Winamp crashing whenever it detects that my iPod is connected (at startup or if connected when already open), the only way to fix it is to uninstall the ml_pmp plugin completely. It crashes after it displays all the main windows and the windows can still be moved around, and music can be played while the crash dump is being generated.

I sent the crash email that popped up, but i'll attach the crash log here as well.

I'm using an iPod photo with disk-mode enabled, and did a fresh install of winamp if that's any help. I also tried that modified pmp plugin rar posted earlier with no change.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (24.9 KB, 416 views)
Old 28th January 2006, 09:53   #137
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

crazee: could you email me the J:\iPod_Control\iTunes\iTunesDB file on your ipod? You may need to show hidden files/folders. My email address is will dot fisher at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 28th January 2006, 10:01   #138
crazee

File sent, ignore the first email if you received it, I didn't realise that the file was 4mb and had to RAR and resend for my ISP to allow it.

Oh, also the content of the error report that winamp automatically put into the email was:
code:
Winamp client version: 5020
winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module pmp_ipod.dll at 001b:01f3be93.

Exception handler called in Winamp.

Old 28th January 2006, 12:06   #139
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

There have been a number of fixes to the devices support. If you are having issues, try this latest version.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 28th January 2006, 12:48   #140
Cianca

Quote:
Originally posted by Cianca
strange bug founded now

winamp 5.2 build 365 full devices

instruction:

-open winamp
-rip a track with default options (aacplus 1.2, 64 kbps, stereo, mpeg-2)
-drag and drop that song in winamp
-double click it
-the songticker show incorrect lenght (4:00) instead of 3:56... after a few second change automatically to exact lenght of 3:56

the song is the follow: LINK

mmm the bug exist also in WA 5.12

bye
nobody?

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 28th January 2006, 15:33   #141
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

No, it displayed as 3:56 for me straight away, heh.
Old 28th January 2006, 16:16   #142
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cianca
nobody?
Try removing the file from your media library, then re-adding it. The media library provides "cached" metadata, so if the song was added to the media library in an older (buggy) version of Winamp, it may have cached an incorrect length value.
Old 28th January 2006, 17:19   #143
Cianca

really strange.... i follow your steps (remove from library)and the bugs reproduce only the first time after i start winamp... re-play the song all is correct

maybe the problem is that i ripped that song with WA 5.2 b365

can you try to close/restart WA to verify this?

edit: you must enlarge the songticker first... the problem occur in the first second

Old 28th January 2006, 21:34   #144
ujay
Forum King

@ Cianca - reproduced. Also confirm the problem is 'one shot' only but reappears with a restart.

I have a few .aac files, all ripped by Winamp, and the problem seems to effect then all.

UJ
Old 28th January 2006, 22:03   #145
Cianca

thanx

however the bug occur also in precedent version

Old 28th January 2006, 22:37   #146
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Ahh, yeah, I noticed it with that .aac file from your link when I put the main window (modern skin) in maximized mode. Hmm, strange. In the first couple of seconds in the songticker, it first showed 3:49 then 3:53 then finally 3:56, but only on first play.
Old 28th January 2006, 22:48   #147
Cianca

:doh: ... i haven't more info for help you ... i've simply ripped with default options (as also said)

my spec: P4 1.5 Ghz, 512 mb, WinXP SP2, WA 52 b.365 full devices without 3rd part plugins

Old 28th January 2006, 22:58   #148
pinterpeti

OK, you said that now every tag-displaying happens through ATF and if ATF turned off, nothing shows up in the PlayList Editor. That's very bad because ATF does NOT support mp3 files with Lyrics3 v2.00 tags (length(title or artist or album)>30) so my files with such tags shows up with trimmed info. That was the reason why I haven't used ATF for ages. But now I have to, and it behaves like it not should. Now what? Do I need to re-tag my files with ID3v2 tags which I HATE because of the double filesize it needs and it copies my hard drive apart for nothing when I change one letter... Or is there a chance that sometime it gets supported by WinAMP finally (fully). PLZ I beg you add (at least) reading capability of such tags. Thanks for your support.
Old 28th January 2006, 23:00   #149
shaneh
Major Dude

$greater
$and
$decode
$IfStrEqual2
$IfStrEqual
$lpad
$fill
$replace
$systime_second
$systime_minute
$systime_hour
$systime_day
$systime_month
$systime_year
$null
$puts
$put
$get
$max
$min
$filename
$mod
$div
$mul
$sub
$add
$len
$substr
$strstr
$strrchr
$strlchr
$strchr
$hex
$dec
$num
$ifgreater
$iflonger
$shortest
$longest
$caps2
$caps
$fileext
$filepart
$abbr
$padcut
$cut
$pad
$lower
$upper
$if2
$if

Any chance of getting $left and $right and some of the other stuff from http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....28a.2Cb.2Cc.29 ? Also using the same names such as $repeat instead of $fill might be a good idea. Ive more or less cross posted this from the dev forum, sorry.
Old 28th January 2006, 23:26   #150
colorspace

The e-mail to bug@winamp.com could not be delivered.

Anyway, Winamp crashed when I tried to close the program (MusicMagic was still processing for the first time).

Winamp client version: 5020
winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module ml_xpdxs.dll at 001b:03d9da4a.

Exception handler called in Winamp.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (30.1 KB, 421 views)
Old 29th January 2006, 02:15   #151
loomchild

Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
Winamp 5.2 will read all 3, but will save in UTF-16
Hi,

would it be possible to implement an option in the preferences to switch between unicode an non-unicode tagging(and even ID3 v2.3 or ID3 v2.4)? Many (cheap) IC based DAPs can't read unicode tags properly and wouldn't support ID3 v2.4.

thank you.
Old 29th January 2006, 04:40   #152
shaneh
Major Dude

I've added a bunch of ATF stuff to a quick Wiki Ive done up (note theres a few omissions, but most of it is there):
http://www.myplugins.info/winamp-wik...tle_formatting

If you play around with the new ATF functions in 5.2+ and have the time to describe how they work, itd be nice if you updated the page with your findings. I can clean it up later if your not sure exactly how to write it.
Old 29th January 2006, 09:04   #153
SamLab

Send a message via ICQ to SamLab
Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
Will in installation Winamp is corrected russian language, containing ensemble mistake? I am much years translated Winamp on russian language and can help
Old 29th January 2006, 11:09   #154
djsolidsnake86

other bug with japanese language: i have the soundtrack of howl's moving castle (naturally i have the language japanese installed in my computer) and i see only ???? in the title name in the playlist of winamp!
Old 29th January 2006, 12:59   #155
doodle2

Quote:
Originally posted by doodle2
Now that I see how a lot of internationaliztion problems get fixed (the winshade font support, playlist direction, unicode support...), I hate to see an issue that's left not taken care of.

I'm speaking of the "Jump to File" dialog. It doesn't support titles that are not in English. Think that can be fixed, Benski? Make it work more like the "search" bar in the Media Library, which behaves perfectly with every language.
Did anyone see me post this message? :X
Can something be done in order to fix the issue?
Old 29th January 2006, 13:02   #156
DrO

yes and i posted this since that should be part of the way there and should be complete for shipping with 5.2 final...

-daz
Old 29th January 2006, 13:08   #157
mrym

Quote:
Originally posted by djsolidsnake86
other bug with japanese language: i have the soundtrack of howl's moving castle (naturally i have the language japanese installed in my computer) and i see only ???? in the title name in the playlist of winamp!
what is your os?
is it clean installed build 365?
what is the skin are you using? (modern/classic)

benski has already explained like this...
Quote:
The ID3v2 specs says that text must either be encoded in Unicode (which Winamp 5.2 uses), or ISO-8859-1 (commonly called Latin-1). In your case, the tags are probably stored in ISO-8859-8 (Hebrew) which is your system default. There are is no encoding identification stored in ID3 other than "unicode" or "not unicode".

The fix that I'm proposing would read non-Unicode tags with your system default, but store new/updated tags in Unicode, so the probably doesn't have to keep re-occuring
my system is japanese and i can see japanese correctly both non unicode(shift-jis) and unicode id3v2 tags.
so it's not a bug.
may be you should try 'veiw file info... > id3v2 > copy from id3v1 > update'.
or use external tagger that can change shift-jis encoded id3v2 tags into unicode.
Old 29th January 2006, 13:18   #158
AMDude

well, this may be a bug or not, but anyways, i didnt got this "problem" with prior versions.

When i double-click on a file in the playlist, its title disapears completly (just the track number and the time remains there) IF i dont have the "advanced title formating" option activated in the preferences.
Didnt have to use this feature until now. I dont mind using this feature if i have to but i thought i let ya know about it.
It IS possible to be some kind of plugin incompatibility of something like that, because i installed it OVER my v5.12 with all my plugins and stuff > yeah i know but im sooo lazy :P so if ya cant reproduce this than its me who has a bug...
Thanks for reading
Old 29th January 2006, 14:03   #159
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

All that is explained in my main post in this thread, ie. the 3rd post on page 1.
To be a valid beta tester it means that you must be prepared to do a clean install.
ATF is enabled on clean installs, and needs to be enabled for any kind of title formatting to work. If you disable it, then there will be no title formatting whatsoever, which will result in blank entries. And that's just the way that it is.

I suppose the checkbox could be removed...

[Edit]

Hmm, I can't actually reproduce the problem with the latest internal beta, so it's quite possible that Benski's made it hardcoded to use the default string even if ATF is disabled.
Old 29th January 2006, 15:41   #160
AMDude

Outch
Ok, i got it thanks for your quick answer
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion