Old 7th August 2006, 22:35   #161
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
*Fixed: [ml_pmp] copy playlist to local media now works*

What a cool feature! This is one that I did not expect. But I have a question. Was there reasoning to put the playlist in the Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\ml folder? I would think that it would be more universal to put the playlist in the folder where the music is copied to. (Much like in the rip settings)

Thats the way that I would like it anyway.
Old 7th August 2006, 22:39   #162
DJ.Maca

I think that shouldn't be separate version playlist with unicode supporting (m3u8). Why don't you create auto detect method for detection unicode chars in m3u playlist? Two format for same thing?

m3u - ansi chars
m3u8 - unicode chars

Can you be only one format?
Old 7th August 2006, 22:48   #163
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Juanus: It creates the playlist the same as the rest of the playlists in the media library "Playlists" section.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 7th August 2006, 22:54   #164
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Will, I am sorry, I didn't even notice that!! Thank You! Is it possible to also create a playlist in the actual folder?

*caugh* sync all button *cough*
Old 7th August 2006, 22:56   #165
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@DJ.Maca
winamp.m3u still needs to be there for backwards compatibilty (mainly because many 3rd-party plugins use it). We were actually going to do away with winamp.m3u at one point, and just use winamp.m3u8, heh.

@niktheguru
there's no emusic/bundle stuff in the betas, it's for the commercial/main releases.

@lord_ah
Sorry, but 3rd-party plugins aren't supported here.

@darkdragon3
The crash log says you're still using build 787, not 801, and that you're also using 3rd-party plugins (evil lyrics, etc). I can't personally reproduce any crash with avi playback (mainly with xvid/divx & mp3 content) & latest ffdshow...

As the all-important Notes say in the 1st post in the thread, reports are only vaild for clean installs with no 3rd-party plugins.
Old 7th August 2006, 22:58   #166
bemymonkey

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@darkdragon3
The crash log says you're still using build 787, not 801, and that you're also using 3rd-party plugins (evil lyrics, etc). I can't personally reproduce any crash with avi playback (mainly with xvid/divx & mp3 content) & latest ffdshow...
I've been watching videos for the past two hours as well - works fine over here... all divx with ac3 or mp3...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 7th August 2006, 23:20   #167
F_L_C

System:

Board: Abit AN7
Audio: Nvidia SoundStorm (driver v4.62 / mixer v4.51)
Speakers: Logitech Z-5500
Audio connection: Optical
Winamp output: DirectSound

I'm trying out this Beta specifically for 24bit output support and noticed that when enabled, the DS "Status" tab shows software mixing. Switching back to 16bit goes back to hardware mixing. "Allow hardware acceleration" is enabled at all times in DS settings.

I'm pretty sure SoundStorm is a 24bit-capable onboard audio card. Is this a bug or is the DS plugin telling me my card is not 24bit-capable?
Old 8th August 2006, 00:01   #168
A Crazy German

I found alittle thing thats been bugging me sense I got the Beta when ever I hit play when I have things loading and it goes slow the song breaks and scrabbles when before it would just stop and not play untill it had enough free memory.
Old 8th August 2006, 00:58   #169
DJ.Maca

@DJ Egg
I see. I have a lot m3u playlist in unicode coding, my tagger know this. I think should have Winamp at least ability read unicode char in m3u playlist. Not write. Very thanks for this feature
Old 8th August 2006, 03:28   #170
SamLab

Send a message via ICQ to SamLab
But russian language of the installation all as before same terrible...
Old 8th August 2006, 03:55   #171
STanger

Send a message via AIM to STanger Send a message via Yahoo to STanger
Quote:
Originally posted by F_L_C
System:

I'm trying out this Beta specifically for 24bit output support and noticed that when enabled, the DS "Status" tab shows software mixing. Switching back to 16bit goes back to hardware mixing. "Allow hardware acceleration" is enabled at all times in DS settings.

I'm pretty sure SoundStorm is a 24bit-capable onboard audio card. Is this a bug or is the DS plugin telling me my card is not 24bit-capable?
Have you tried upgrading your audio drivers? I'd like to hear what happens after you do that, but you're already using the latest drivers then the only thing else I can think of is to switch to analog out if you can then that might allow you to enable 24bit hardware acceleration......maybe
Old 8th August 2006, 08:19   #172
bemymonkey

Quote:
Originally posted by A Crazy German
I found alittle thing thats been bugging me sense I got the Beta when ever I hit play when I have things loading and it goes slow the song breaks and scrabbles when before it would just stop and not play untill it had enough free memory.
Yeah, 5.25 seems a lot more sensitive to the amount of CPU time available - Encoding DivX video at while listening to music, for instance, makes the GUI sluggish, and the media library views take ages to load... This was far less of a problem in previous versions...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 8th August 2006, 10:03   #173
F_L_C

Quote:
Originally posted by STanger
but you're already using the latest drivers
Yeah, v4.62 is the latest official driver...at least for NF2 boards. There is a v4.64 available at MSFT Update but that version lowers the number of available sound buffers by default and is also meant more for Vista compatibility. So, I'm staying away from that.

Quote:
switch to analog out if you can
I really don't see how that would make a difference. Besides, I got the analog cables for the Z-5500 packed away in the attic.

What did make a difference was installing the ATsurround plugin and enabling 32bit output in its settings. This somehow reenabled hardware acceleration in the DS status tab. If I switch to 24bit, then back to software. So, I have to conclude that the problem is either the in_mp3.dll or out_ds.dll plugins.
Old 8th August 2006, 10:47   #174
kr4zy

I just noticed a bug or whatever in 801 build..

Playcount resets

Just try to play any song that has 1+ playcount and play it again you'll see it resets to 0 again. Pretty easy for me to notice cus I have a custom script for displaying playcount/rating in playlist

[edit]

I just noticed rating resets also, damn, think I'll have to go back to 787, 'cus I have like 3000+ songs customized by rating/playcount, don't want to lose everything
Old 8th August 2006, 11:03   #175
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Something that has always bugged me with Winamp's installer, is that there is no way to not-run Winamp after install...

Please add that option to the installer...

Old 8th August 2006, 11:22   #176
bemymonkey

Quote:
Originally posted by kr4zy
I just noticed a bug or whatever in 801 build..

Playcount resets

Just try to play any song that has 1+ playcount and play it again you'll see it resets to 0 again. Pretty easy for me to notice cus I have a custom script for displaying playcount/rating in playlist

[edit]

I just noticed rating resets also, damn, think I'll have to go back to 787, 'cus I have like 3000+ songs customized by rating/playcount, don't want to lose everything
Oh craps, thanks for the warning!...

-edit-...

I just tested this, and the ratings do not reset over here... As for playcounts, I can't check because I'm using the alternate playcount plugin...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 8th August 2006, 11:30   #177
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by kr4zy
Make a backup of your ml folder, just in case...

That folder resides in C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins, or if you're using multi-user support, here:
C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Application Data\Winamp\Plugins

I can't reproduce the issue though... Using 3rd-party plugins?

What kind of script are we talking about? ActiveWinamp?

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 8th August 2006, 11:38   #178
kr4zy

Nah, just advanced title formatting in Winamp Preferences...

Not using any 3rd party plugins..

I noticed it only happens sometimes, and on songs that have been in the media library for a long time, not new ones :s
Old 8th August 2006, 11:46   #179
amano
Major Dude

This is was Menno Bakker postet over at hydrogenaudio.com:
Quote:
Previous beta crashes when calling

c:\blah\winamp.exe /UNREG

Which is done in the uninstaller

And in the new Beta that "accurate information" is still default for the MP4 HE AAC encoder.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
Old 8th August 2006, 12:19   #180
kr4zy

I also noticed winamp just freezes when playing a stream like
mms://32.stream.interia.pl/rmffm32 .. Plays for like 20-30 seconds than winamp freezes and you have to kill winamp.exe process :s
Old 8th August 2006, 14:06   #181
djtaylor

1. Surround sound no longer works (build 801, I didn't try build 787), even with 'Allow surround sound' selected in General Prefs -> Playback. Sound comes from the front 2 speakers only. (I've restarted playback and even Winamp itself, before anyone suggests that). Reverted to 5.24 and it's working again.

2. Whenever I close Winamp Prefs, it creates registry keys (in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT) for ALL the file types that it (and its installed input plugins) supports, but only sets the default values for the ones I want associated. For example, I want MP3, AAC, OGG and M3U files associated with Winamp, but I do not want any other file types associated with Winamp and so have deselected these (in prefs -> file types), but Winamp STILL creates keys for them (but does not set the default value)! This means that these files' extensions do not show in Explorer (and no, I don't want to turn 'show all extensions' on, before anyone suggests that!). Please can you prevent Winamp from doing this and only have it create keys for file types that are actually selected. The deselected file types should be left alone.

3. When you install Winamp, the installer changes the cwd value in the [Winamp] section of winamp.ini (i.e. the last directory used for open/add) back to the installation directory. This means I have to browse to my MP3 directory every time I update Winamp! Please can you change the installer to leave this alone.

4. Please can you change the installer to close Winamp and Winamp Agent when installation is actually started (i.e. when you click on 'Install' in the last step of the installer), rather than as soon as you run the installer? If you run it by mistake and so cancel, you're left without the agent.
Old 8th August 2006, 14:32   #182
ujay
Forum King

@ amano - See earlier post re installer/uninstaller bug.

@ kr4zy - Confirmed. The stream itself is broken, but Winamp should not freeze up.

@ djtaylor - (4) agreed, this has always bugged me too

UJ
Old 8th August 2006, 14:37   #183
Moitah

Build 801, seeing some strange behavior with the indicator for items on the playlist where the file no longer exists (the blue background color). The blue highlight always stays in the same place even if the file is removed from the playlist or moved around on the playlist.
Old 8th August 2006, 14:43   #184
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by djtaylor
1. Surround sound no longer works (build 801, I didn't try build 787), even with 'Allow surround sound' selected in General Prefs -> Playback. Sound comes from the front 2 speakers only. (I've restarted playback and even Winamp itself, before anyone suggests that). Reverted to 5.24 and it's working again.
What file type?
Old 8th August 2006, 14:53   #185
Serpher

Crash

Little buggy

- Winamp crashed when i was edited File Info

PS. When "Use dither" will be working with mp3? On the next build?

PS2. "No fix for the EAX playback bug, yet, sorry (EAX effects alternating on & off in 24bit mode)"
Thats mean the EAX doesn't support 24bit mode or what?
(i'm useing Audigy SE with EAX on and i don't see any problem with playing mp3 files in winamp when "Allow 24bit" is on)

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 8th August 2006, 15:40   #186
djtaylor

Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
What file type?
Sorry, MP3 (2 channel).
Old 8th August 2006, 16:04   #187
Kado

CUE player and the latest Winamp betas

I have noticed that the Cue Player plugin v0.5b does not work properlly with the latest betas of Winamp v5.25. It builds the playlist but just skips the tracks without playback. The plugin works properlly with Winamp v5.24.

Old 8th August 2006, 17:41   #188
DrO

due to the unicode implementation (which relies on unicows) it's very likely that a number of plugins which uses some of the weird and wonderful ways to do their things will be broken (even gen_jumpex was broken by the changes just before the first public beta was released). alas it's down to the plugin author to find another work around or wait for whenever the devs implement cue support (it's been talked about but not thoroughly i believe). also as a little note, cue player from my own experience when testing with it is pretty imbalanced and would consistantly crash out on a number of test installs i did a few months back so i'm not too surprised at the issues 5.25 will cause it.

-daz
Old 8th August 2006, 19:09   #189
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Moitah
Build 801, seeing some strange behavior with the indicator for items on the playlist where the file no longer exists (the blue background color). The blue highlight always stays in the same place even if the file is removed from the playlist or moved around on the playlist.
it's sort of what is expected with the feature (confusing i will admit) but unless the updater is enabled (prefs > jump to file > missing files > updater) then it won't correctly track things. i'll have a look as time allows to make it update the missing file status when the order of playlist entries is altered around (not sure if it'll make it into the final 5.25 build since i've other commitments over the 5.25 release cycle at the moment).

-daz
Old 8th August 2006, 19:18   #190
kearnemj

Quote:
System:

Then would mean you are using the z5500's with only 2 speakers enabled? Whenever 5.1 speakers are hookied up via digital output (i.e. optical or digital coax)only 2 speakers function. To get all 5 to work you need a digital passthrough such as the creative dts-610, unless you are using a different external decoder. Read here and here
This might explain some of the problem hopefully, if not sorry.

ok i just realized you are using onboard audio so disregard the creative links (i thought you had an soundblaster). however if you can't do it with a dedicated soundcard i'd be pretty sure onboard audio can't do it either. sounds like a hardware limitation

Old 8th August 2006, 20:47   #191
losta

What about 64-bit version of Winamp 5.25? Did authors ever consider that some users want to use 64-bit version for Win XP 64-bit?

And, second question is: when you will update CT AAC+ codec with newest version?

Live long and prosper
Old 8th August 2006, 20:52   #192
Zulithe

I'm having problems getting winamp agent to stay disabled... I uncheck "enable winamp agent", but every so often it returns on its own... this happened in the previous beta as well.

It may take a reboot or several starts of winamp to make it recheck... I haven't done thurough enough testing to find out exactly WHEN it comes back, but it does.
Old 8th August 2006, 21:10   #193
DrO

losta: the only real issue with winamp under XP64 is related to the sonic burning engine and certain OS patches recently i believe. a native 64-bit version won't help out a media player on any real level (if i could be bothered i'd find some of the posts made on the foobar forum which explain why doing it is pretty much pointless and can be applied to winamp as well).

as for the CT AAC+ encoder, i thought it already had the latest version (or near enough) in it already. from my understanding the version bundled in winamp is updated when a new version is made available to the team (or so is how i believe it has been) but really that's something only the devs could comment on (assuming legal allowed it, heh)

-daz
Old 8th August 2006, 21:37   #194
losta

Thank you, but I still want to use native 64-bit Winamp with all libraries, and 64-bit encoders.

Does CT AAC+ have 64-bit encoder or not?

Live long and prosper
Old 8th August 2006, 21:39   #195
F_L_C

Quote:
Originally posted by kearnemj
however if you can't do it with a dedicated soundcard i'd be pretty sure onboard audio can't do it either. sounds like a hardware limitation
Nvidia SoundStorm is not your average onboard audio

Anyways, if it can do hardware 32bit output (via ATSurround -> out_ds.dll), then why not 24bit? Doesn't make sense to me. It's gotta be some type of software bug (either the Soundstorm driver or the Winamp MPEG/DS plugins).
Old 8th August 2006, 21:41   #196
amano
Major Dude

Better ask them at their forum. Or write them a mail. That is one of the things that probably even the winamp devs do not know.

If there is nothing on the CT site to read about it, then probably not.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
Old 8th August 2006, 21:48   #197
kearnemj

Quote:
Nvidia SoundStorm is not your average onboard audio

Anyways, if it can do hardware 32bit output (via ATSurround -> out_ds.dll), then why not 24bit? Doesn't make sense to me. It's gotta be some type of software bug (either the Soundstorm driver or the Winamp MPEG/DS plugins).
i think that might be because the 32bit is floating point logic, not as in the sense of true 24bit

Old 8th August 2006, 21:52   #198
F_L_C

Quote:
Originally posted by djtaylor
Sorry, MP3 (2 channel).
Regular MP3s are stereo sources. How were you getting surround with stereo sources on WA v5.24 (w/out a surround plugin)?
Old 8th August 2006, 21:56   #199
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

soundstorm is NOT 24 bit compatable.
Old 8th August 2006, 21:58   #200
F_L_C

Quote:
Originally posted by kearnemj
i think that might be because the 32bit is floating point logic, not as in the sense of true 24bit
Trying to decipher that and I come up with...24bit is fixed and therein lies the problem? I'm more confused then ever. I think I'll just wait for 5.25 final and see what happens.

Quote:
soundstorm is NOT 24 bit compatable.
Ok, mod. I'll take your word for it. Will be sticking with 16bit, then, for the foreseeable future. Thanks for everyones' help.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion