Old 29th September 2006, 13:53   #121
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by strawhatluffy
Oops, problem fixed. Had to do with the MP3pro thing. Sorry bout that. Somehow the settings for that plugin changed during the upgrade. Thanks for the great release again ^^
*cough*
Old 29th September 2006, 14:28   #122
COtto1984

Send a message via AIM to COtto1984
I reported this for the last beta and the problem is still occuring. I'm now using Winamp 5.3 and I have been using the sync feature with my iPod (new 30gb video iPod with software version 1.2). My iPod will sync with my media library just fine initally. However, when I remove a file from the media library and re-sync my iPod, it goes through the process of removing the file(s) on my iPod. When I eject my iPod, and reconnect it, the iPod's media library shows the files are still there when they are really not. The media files themselves are gone, but it still shows they are there. I can manually remove them and it works just fine. The sync feature is not removing the "tag" itself. I am running Windows XP SP2. I'm assuming this is some sort of bug.

COtto
Old 29th September 2006, 16:24   #123
MertcanKaya1991

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowtech
Anyone else getting a massive CPU spike when first opening Winamp? This wasn't happening in the last beta but now it is with the v5.3 release.
Yes it is true. When i done a clean install of winamp 5.3 in first opening of winamp it won't open and wheni look to CPU it shows 99 or 95.
Old 29th September 2006, 16:30   #124
MertcanKaya1991

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Maybe something to do with the new Dashboard homepage in the Media Library?
(assuming the ML is open at that page when you start Winamp) [/B]
No in my comp. it was happened in last 5.25 betas. It isn't Dashboards problem. But any way new winamp is amazing
Old 29th September 2006, 16:45   #125
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Strange. I can't reproduce the problem here.
I get maybe a couple of seconds where cpu goes up to 60/70% whilst Winamp is opening, but that's probably about the same for most programs.

Maybe one of the default plugins to blame? One of the pmp_*.dll's maybe?
(I only install pmp_njb & pmp_usb, not pmp_ipod or pmp_p4s, because I've got no use for the latter two, heh).
Old 29th September 2006, 17:07   #126
losta

I missed something. I don't know how to use replaygain on AAC and MP3 encoded files. Can someone tell me how?

Thanks.

Live long and prosper
Old 29th September 2006, 17:10   #127
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by losta
I missed something. I don't know how to use replaygain on AAC and MP3 encoded files. Can someone tell me how?

Thanks.
You can turn it on in Preferences->Playback. You'll have to analyze your tracks first! Right-click an album in the media library and choose Send To->Calculate Replay Gain. It takes about a minute to scan an album on a fast PC.
Turning it on tends to make most of your songs quieter - that's because turning up quiet tracks can cause annoying distortion. Just turn up your stereo to compensate. Unscanned songs are automatically turned down so they aren't blasting over your scanned songs.
Old 29th September 2006, 17:11   #128
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Right click the files in your library -> Send to: -> Calculate ReplayGain. Save as Album or Track.

To turn it on, open Winamp's preferences -> Playback -> Use Replay Gain.

(Note RG infos are written in the file tags/comments)

[Edit]too slow, I guess I'm too old for fast postings, heh
Old 29th September 2006, 17:14   #129
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
[Edit]too slow, I guess I'm too old for fast postings, heh
For some reason, I posted after you, yet my post showed up before yours. Strange
Old 29th September 2006, 17:24   #130
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Be honest, you've installed some kind of turtle filter in the forums, so that all of my threads are always shown under your threads.

Otherwise, it's really strange.
Old 29th September 2006, 17:35   #131
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Logy
in Winamp Essential why playlist separator not included, and also color editor... i thinks it essential!
adios!
because they were not deemed essentials by the dev team (and with the flux in playlist separator's state i wouldn't include it in the pack). that's all pack is for is to fulfil essential things that the dev team want to ship but aren't integrated into the core

-daz
Old 29th September 2006, 18:18   #132
MertcanKaya1991

Quote:
Strange. I can't reproduce the problem here.
I get maybe a couple of seconds where cpu goes up to 60/70% whilst Winamp is opening, but that's probably about the same for most programs.

Maybe one of the default plugins to blame? One of the pmp_*.dll's maybe?
(I only install pmp_njb & pmp_usb, not pmp_ipod or pmp_p4s, because I've got no use for the latter two, heh).
I mean in first opening where we write e-mail adress is won't open. I try Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Alt-Del and right click to winamp agent but they do nothing. after some minutes it opened but until it open winamp eat the CPU. But after first open every thing is normal. My english is bad maybe i can't tell you everything correctly but i wish you will undrestand. I use Windows XP SR2 Turkish.
Old 29th September 2006, 18:20   #133
mrym

Quote:
Fixed ml_local.dll attached (unzip to the Winamp\Plugins folder)

This fixes the bug where Track# shows as -1 for files with no Track# in tags (when using %track% in atf), and where unicode titles show as ?????? in the playlist after adding the files to the media library database and unchecking "use library title information for playlist item formatting" in Prefs.

First post in thread has been updated accordingly.
finaly fixed weird numbers!
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....77#post1867977
Old 29th September 2006, 18:37   #134
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yeah, the weird numbers showed when that option was unchecked and you were using $num(%track%,2) in atf (instead of -1 with just %track%).

@MertcanKaya1991
Hmm, strange. We still can't reproduce the problem. Though that kind of thing is usually caused by some external security app, maybe blocking access to the registry or internet, or something along those lines. You can workaround it by ending process for winamp.exe in Task Manager, then setting NeedReg=0 value under the [WinampReg] section of winamp.ini
Old 29th September 2006, 20:25   #135
MertcanKaya1991

thank you dj egg for your answers. Good work.
Old 29th September 2006, 20:51   #136
Cianca

There is a chance in future to replace Dashboard with another portal? for example to replace the default page with last.fm portal?

would be cool

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 29th September 2006, 22:26   #137
Desides

No replies to my possible bug? I'm guessing it's either known or a limitation with Windows, not Winamp, then.
Old 29th September 2006, 22:51   #138
DrO

i've no idea regarding the replaygain scanner (someone else who knows will have to reply about that).

Quote:
Also, a quick question: will future releases implement "Next" and "Previous" buttons (ala iTunes' Get Info menu) in the View File Info window? It's pretty handy for more quickly editing the ID3 tags of a group of mp3s, rather than having to individually select each one.
i'd say it's unlikely for the moment unless there was a change to the input plugin api since in general the relevant input plugin for selected file will just receive the playlist entry and no knowledge of where in the playlist editor it is (especially tricky when the same function is used in the media library for the same thing when in queries, etc). as such i'd say it's doubtful that would happen especially since you'd never be able to get it consistant with all of the other input plugins out there nowadays. but like normal i could be completely wrong, heh

-daz
Old 29th September 2006, 23:02   #139
alex_gamer

Downloaded 5.3, everything's ok, except for the fact that im just wondering if it is safe to install it over 5.25 beta (or any final over a beta build)?

the computer is never at fault for an error; a human is, though.
DO NOT PM me for tech support.
No matter what you're doing, use the right tool for the job!
Old 29th September 2006, 23:05   #140
DrO

it should be fine, i know i did and had no issues.

-daz
Old 29th September 2006, 23:50   #141
Moguta

Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
One of many reasons it didn't make the final cut
Does that mean the FLAC decoder is still being worked on?

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinSartori
I believe that MP3Gain is a fairly popular program. Will Winamp ever support ReplayGain info from APEv2 tags? I don't really want to scan all of my nearly 9000 mp3 files over again...
I concur, and hope that in_mp3.dll can at least be made to read ReplayGain values from APEv2 tags, if nothing else, considering the popularity of MP3Gain among those who have used ReplayGain on their audio prior to WinAmp's support of the standard.

Magnatune - A role model for ALL digital music stores!
Old 29th September 2006, 23:57   #142
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Moguta
Does that mean the FLAC decoder is still being worked on?
i'd probably be correct in saying yes (since the code wasn't changed to a lgpl license until very late in the 5.25/5.3 beta phase there wasn't enough time to finish in_flac to the high nullsoft requirements )

-daz
Old 30th September 2006, 01:28   #143
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Desides

Re: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....10#post2035510

The RG Results box isn't unicode. It just shows the dos 8.3 short filename equivalents (8-character) instead. Not a bug, just unimplemented (but hopefully will be, eventually). The main thing is that it works :-)

@Moguta

Yes, in_flac is still being worked on.
Apart from the couple of issues already mentioned, there's also this.

@KevinSartori / Moguta

Yes. The first thing will be to get in_mp3 to read rg values from apev2 tags.
Whether read support for any other fields will be implemented is a different/undecided matter. And it's unlikely that there'll ever be write support, heh. We shall see...
Old 30th September 2006, 08:27   #144
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
I don't mean to seem pessimistic but it seems that the ML has come to a crawl(on my system at least). Is there any way to make it run quicker(like it was in 5.23)?

There is no sig.
Old 30th September 2006, 08:47   #145
Shadowtech

DJ Egg: I'll try doing a clean install of 5.3 with no third party plugins or anything and see if Winamp still has a CPU spike.

For the record, my computer stats:

Processor: Intel Celeron @ 2.53GHz
RAM: 512mb
Old 30th September 2006, 13:09   #146
an Sealgair

I just noticed there's a new version while at majorgeeks.com but Winamp hasn't informed me as yet. I do have the 'check for new versions' option checked, but nary a whisper
Old 30th September 2006, 13:14   #147
DrO

sometimes they wait a few days before switching on the update flag (just incase there are any show-stopping bugs that can be rectfied just after releease)

-daz
Old 30th September 2006, 13:15   #148
an Sealgair

OK
Old 30th September 2006, 15:56   #149
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Updated in_mp3 now available
Old 30th September 2006, 20:14   #150
Psichmich

Cool thx...
lets c what it can do...
Old 30th September 2006, 20:30   #151
Shadowtech

DJ Egg: I've done a clean install of Winamp 5.3 (pro, if that makes a difference) now and there is no CPU spike at all. I then installed the "Winamp Essentials" pack, and again there's no CPU spike. So I'm guessing it must be a third-party plugin that I have installed and most likely not 5.3 itself. Odd thing is that during all the 5.25 beta tests (which included all my third-party plugins) I never had the spike. It wasn't until I upgraded to 5.3 that now there seems to be some kind of conflict.

I'll go through my third-party plugins one at a time and see which is the culprit, then post again.
Old 30th September 2006, 20:41   #152
sniggle

Gotta say, Winamp 5.3 is a very tight release. Lots of good new features. I just have one question (hope it wasn't mentioned):

Will the replay gain calculator eventually be multi threaded? Considering it's such a CPU intensive operation and not too hard on the hard disk I/O, it could easily be modified to do multiple tracks at once for those of us with SMP.

I appreciate all the hard work guys! You rock!
Old 30th September 2006, 20:59   #153
Shadowtech

[edited: thought i found the plugin causing the problem but was wrong... still testing]
Old 30th September 2006, 21:02   #154
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

It's up to the author of the plug-in to provide an 5.3 compatibility update. Some other plug-in needed updates too (a lot of DrO's plug-ins as well).

It's always possible, that a 3rd party plug-in is the reason for problems. This is the reason, why bug reports with installed 3rd party plug-ins are always invalid.
Old 30th September 2006, 21:15   #155
DrO

some of us have been silly and ended up making too many plugins which need little tweaks to better work directly with the new unicode facilities in the winamp core (though in general most of the existing winamp plugins should work ok as long as they don't do anything silly unlike mine at times )

-daz
Old 30th September 2006, 21:29   #156
Shadowtech

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
It's always possible, that a 3rd party plug-in is the reason for problems. This is the reason, why bug reports with installed 3rd party plug-ins are always invalid.
Well, whichever plugin it is/was causing the problem (still can't seem to pinpoint it), you're right: it's the 3rd party plugin causing the problem and definitely not Winamp itself.

Old 30th September 2006, 21:44   #157
sniggle

Looks like the 5.3 release changelog causes the entire changelog to go over the buffer limit in the Version history section of the About Winamp dialog. Whoopsie.
Old 30th September 2006, 21:46   #158
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sniggle
Looks like the 5.3 release changelog causes the entire changelog to go over the buffer limit in the Version history section of the About Winamp dialog. Whoopsie.
Yeah, someone already posted this in the forums.

You can always see the whole changelog in the installed whatsnew.txt, using your favorite text editor.
Old 30th September 2006, 21:49   #159
DrO

it's meant to have been fixed for the next release but you can use this in the mean time if you're really bored to fix the issue (was a test plugin to see if the api i thought would fix the issue in winamp.exe would work or not but it works fine in the mean while, hehe)

-daz
Old 1st October 2006, 01:52   #160
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by sniggle
Will the replay gain calculator eventually be multi threaded? Considering it's such a CPU intensive operation and not too hard on the hard disk I/O, it could easily be modified to do multiple tracks at once for those of us with SMP.
Just send half your tracks in the first batch and the second half in the other. They will run on separate threads.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion