Old 20th September 2007, 13:24   #361
synthetiq

@ martin.deimos

The mod for a big album art view is ok, but this will double the albums arts in the window
and maybe if we could resize the mod...

any chance to change the llama image in the albums art (when no cover art is found) with an image of a cd case ?
Old 20th September 2007, 13:41   #362
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg

@TheUniqueTiger
Sorry, but I can't reproduce either of your issues (Vorbis tags > DISCNUMBER / RG Values, or timer moving on 5 secs on Stop with a 5000ms buffer). Are you using the crossfader maybe?
I'm not using any extra crossfader plugin. Also I had turned off the crossfader time in EQ pane to zero. Also I'm using a clean install with the essentials pack. I don't know where the problem is but the playback skipping 5 secs on pausing was very obviously not there in 5.36b2 which I had also installed with the same essentials pack & nothing more. So its definitely to do something with this beta. Meanwhile try this if this could reproduce the problem...
1) Set buffer size to 2000ms
2) In the EQ pane, enable crossfade to 5 sec
3) Check whats the buffer size now under both buffering & status tabs of out_ds config.
4) Now set the buffer to 5000ms if its already not set.
Try the pause after every step.

I'll have to see more for the Ogg Disc# problem if its specific for some files & get back here...

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 20th September 2007, 13:58   #363
mynameisnobody

Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
@all: what do you think about this mod for a big album art view?
http://shup.com/Shup/4263/107820135250-Main-Window.png [/B]
Yes! Please!
Old 20th September 2007, 14:08   #364
Shpongled

Quote:
@Shpongled:
1) no way to disable them
2) perhaps i will add an option...
3) know what you're talking about - is it ok to have the resizer but if you doubleclick to switch to shade?
Wow, that was a quick reply!

1) OK, no big deal about #1.

2) That would be great if you can add an option to disable the "Browse Title," "Browse Artist" thing in #2, thanks!

3) Yes, that would be perfect.

Just letting you know that I've been using this Bento now for a few hours now and it has rekindled my excitement for Winamp. Thanks for making it!
Old 20th September 2007, 14:38   #365
jph6t
Major Dude

ML image for Album Art not foud

Quote:
Originally posted by synthetiq
any chance to change the llama image in the albums art
(when no cover art is found) with an image of a cd case ?
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....82#post2227382
Old 20th September 2007, 14:39   #366
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
will be integrated, since i have written this thing now

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 20th September 2007, 14:53   #367
jph6t
Major Dude

Songticker Won't Scroll

I know that there has been a lot of talk here about the Songticker
(spacing and what not), but has anyone logged this item ...

Using the Classic Skin, song titles that are short enough in length to fit in the Player along with the Song Length and Playlist Number (if option selected) without any text being cut off on the right side ... will NOT scroll horizontally.

Is this expected behavior?

If it is, can an option be added to make the Songticker scroll 100% of the time?

In a collection of 1000s of songs, I have only a handful that meet the above condition, and I'd rather the Player's Songticker behave the same way all the time.

Example:

Last edited by jph6t; 20th September 2007 at 15:38.
Old 20th September 2007, 14:57   #368
synthetiq

Re: ML image for Album Art not foud

Quote:
Originally posted by jph6t
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....82#post2227382

i knew already that, besides i've chaged mine (notfound.png) to a cd case in colour
but it's not a big deal mine, just for fun!

i guess a good cd case in color would be simply better than the llama.
its just an opinion

thankx

ps: how about preview 2 ? or even final version of 5.5 ?

Old 20th September 2007, 15:04   #369
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@jph6t
I still can't reproduce the weird font issue.
Maybe there's a step / certain setting that we're missing?

@TheUniqueTiger
Hmm, strange. The only way I can reproduce that behaviour is if 'fade on end of song' setting in out_ds config is enabled (and eg. set to 5000 ms). The crossfader settings ('fade on end of song') don't affect fade on pause, and therefore pausing should stop instantly (it does for me anyway).
Old 20th September 2007, 15:08   #370
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Font problem

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@jph6t
I still can't reproduce the weird font issue.
Maybe there's a step / certain setting that we're missing?
djpete1959? kostelo? PatrickNeil? Any ideas?

Let's see if we can't come up with more for DJ Egg to go on.
Old 20th September 2007, 15:09   #371
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Re: ML image for Album Art not foud

Quote:
i guess a good cd case in color would be simply better than the llama.
its just an opinion
But going to DrO's early point, that's subjective. Each user is going to have their own preference. For example, personally, I rather like the llama.

The method is there to change it, appreciate that. The Winamp DEVs have always been great about giving the end-user the ability to customize.

Would an option to select the 'not found' Album Art from a number of choices
(similar to option for choosing system tray icon) be nice? Of course it would.
But not at the expense of bug fixes, and the development of the many great new
feature requests that users have thunk up and logged throughout the forum.
Quote:
Chill. Let the DEVs work.
Old 20th September 2007, 15:15   #372
DrO

Re: Re: ML image for Album Art not foud

Quote:
there's info on the web which states when final will be shipping so i'll leave you to find that out.

with the not-found image, i think it's specified in the skin files (so can be altered from there) though i also think it's implemented as a resource in one or two of the plugins (can't check that now). the main issue is that a default image is provided so that we know when showing it that it will work correctly with the winamp code, the option of a third party image just leads to the potential of more issues from how i see things

-daz
Old 20th September 2007, 15:39   #373
TheUniqueTiger

This one's not really a bug but just a display problem when switching skins...

In the Bento skin, set the Vis setting to open in Big Content view. Also have the Bento interface to be in the normal mode... (not maximized)
Then when you are in the Winamp Modern skin, open ML and Vis windows... Now switch to Bento skin... the ML is painted a little away from its normal position & the vis is shown in the Big content view. (As in the big content view, there can be either ML or Vis but not both at the same time... I hope you can reproduce this small glitch.)

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 20th September 2007, 15:47   #374
PC Gamer
Banned

Quote:
@PC Gamer: what skin are you using?
Default skin: Winamp Modern...
Old 20th September 2007, 16:04   #375
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
Re: Re: Re: ML image for Album Art not foud

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
there's info on the web which states when final will be shipping so i'll leave you to find that out.

with the not-found image, i think it's specified in the skin files (so can be altered from there) though i also think it's implemented as a resource in one or two of the plugins (can't check that now). the main issue is that a default image is provided so that we know when showing it that it will work correctly with the winamp code, the option of a third party image just leads to the potential of more issues from how i see things

-daz
Find notfound.png in winamp\plugins\freeform\xml\winamp\cover.
Change this img in order to change the default image if the skin does not define it (wa modern, classic, etc.)

Old 20th September 2007, 16:20   #376
djhouska

Close Winamp with double click

In all previous versions this work, but in Winamp 5.5beta doesn't. Can you fix it?
Old 20th September 2007, 16:25   #377
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Re: Close Winamp with double click

Quote:
Originally posted by djhouska
In all previous versions this work, but in Winamp 5.5beta doesn't. Can you fix it?
Double-click where exactly?
Old 20th September 2007, 16:32   #378
synthetiq

"The next scheduled release is Winamp 5.5: 10th Anniversary Edition, due for release in October 2007 to mark the tenth year since the first release of Winamp."

I love you wikipedia!!!!
Old 20th September 2007, 17:22   #379
Mecha25

Uh oh

Quote:
"The next scheduled release is Winamp 5.5: 10th Anniversary Edition, due for release in October 2007 to mark the tenth year since the first release of Winamp."

I love you wikipedia!!!!
PLEASE don't go straight to full from this beta, unless you guys have fixed ALL the bugs, including the "Mysterious Vista Crashes." Not saying you'd release a buggy version (which you have yet to do), but give it enough time as 5.5 for all the kinks to be fully worked out. I don't mind waiting another month or so if it means a more stable release.

Speaking of which! I've found the cause and solution to the Vista Crashes:
Cause: Winamp Bento.
Solution: Use another skin.

All the comp-fatal crashes go away when using Winamp Modern, Classic, or any other third party skin. Vis's still require switching from AVS to Milkdrop back and forth twice for them to show up, but fullscreen now works like a charm. However, just about every time I close winamp, or try to maximize the songs pane of a Aritst/Albums/Songs view, it crashes, but at least with these the whole computer doesn't go with it. Not only that, but the one time the Error Reporter came up, the Error Reporter itself had an error, so it didn't send the report.

Martin.Deimos, please take a look at Bento on a Vista machine, it's a wonderful skin and I'd hate to see it rendered useless by errors.

This is why I hope there will either be very extensive testing, or a second 5.5 beta before the final, because I use Winamp to DJ at parties, and having the music suddenly stop because of a bug is about the worst thing that can happen to a DJ, besides an unintended mosh-pit.

Thanks for listening, I don't mean to complain if I come off that way, I just want a better Winamp.
Old 20th September 2007, 17:45   #380
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Re: Uh oh

Quote:
Originally posted by Mecha25
PLEASE don't go straight to full from this beta, unless you guys have fixed ALL the bugs, including the "Mysterious Vista Crashes." Not saying you'd release a buggy version (which you have yet to do), but give it enough time as 5.5 for all the kinks to be fully worked out. I don't mind waiting another month or so if it means a more stable release.

Speaking of which! I've found the cause and solution to the Vista Crashes:
Cause: Winamp Bento.
Solution: Use another skin.

All the comp-fatal crashes go away when using Winamp Modern, Classic, or any other third party skin. Vis's still require switching from AVS to Milkdrop back and forth twice for them to show up, but fullscreen now works like a charm. However, just about every time I close winamp, or try to maximize the songs pane of a Aritst/Albums/Songs view, it crashes, but at least with these the whole computer doesn't go with it. Not only that, but the one time the Error Reporter came up, the Error Reporter itself had an error, so it didn't send the report.

Martin.Deimos, please take a look at Bento on a Vista machine, it's a wonderful skin and I'd hate to see it rendered useless by errors.

This is why I hope there will either be very extensive testing, or a second 5.5 beta before the final, because I use Winamp to DJ at parties, and having the music suddenly stop because of a bug is about the worst thing that can happen to a DJ, besides an unintended mosh-pit.

Thanks for listening, I don't mean to complain if I come off that way, I just want a better Winamp.
I'm sure we will fix this.
but i have aero enabled and had no crash w/ milkdrop yet.
can you test if winamp freezes for you if you open 2 instances?
the bug itself causes a total freeze of windows right?
can you please again sum up when this happens - i need to reassure everything.

if it helps i will give you a bunch of bento modifications for you to test.

Old 20th September 2007, 19:26   #381
Mecha25

Re: Re: Uh oh

Quote:
I'm sure we will fix this.
but i have aero enabled and had no crash w/ milkdrop yet.
can you test if winamp freezes for you if you open 2 instances?
the bug itself causes a total freeze of windows right?
can you please again sum up when this happens - i need to reassure everything.

if it helps i will give you a bunch of bento modifications for you to test.
Ok, here's a list of when the skin has crashed. Once when switching from Bento to Modern skins; twice when trying to maximize Milkdrop (What graphics card do you have BTW, it might make a difference?); and twice while simply closing the skin. I'm pretty sure it's a grapics based error, because that's where most of the problems with Vista occur, also because that's the only thing that maximizing milkdrop, changing skins, and closing the skin have in common, they all require resizing or removing the Bento grapics. Check the SUI window manager, I've noticed that Winamp has similar problems to this when using another skin that accidentally attempts to make one of the component windows have a negative size. Although that time it gave a "Out of Video Memory" error, and didn't close the player.

I'm about to try the two instances thing, I want to get this post out there before I do anything that could cause me to force-boot.

The bug itslf makes EVERYTHING on the comp freeze, the only thing that moves is the mouse. It changes cursors depending on what's below it, but clicking or typing evokes no response, and Alt+Ctrl+Del (which normally solves all problems) will not come up. I have yet to have this problem occur while looking at the Task Manager, although I'm gonna do that when I try the double instances thing.

Also, I'd be more than happy to try Bento modifications, and report the bugs back. PM me or e-mail me those, I've always wanted to be a beta tester
Old 20th September 2007, 19:27   #382
dkordik

Quote:
When I click "Title" and "Album" and "Artist" in the top middle pane of Bento it tries to "Browse Title," "Browse Album," and "Browse Artist." Is there a way to turn this off? Sometimes I misclick and it ends up opening the browser -- something I have absolutely no interest in.
Or instead, can we have clicking these things take us to them in the Media Library? From what I remember, it just opens a web browser with them (can't check, Vista crashy). It would be nice if clicking the artist brought you to the Media Library with that artist selected, and the same for the other fields.

@album art lower right: yes! or even better, could we get a way to display album art huge in the main window? The lower corner iTunes style implementation is still pretty darn small.
Old 20th September 2007, 19:43   #383
Ojay

Re: Uh oh

Quote:
Originally posted by Mecha25
PLEASE don't go straight to full from this beta, unless you guys have fixed ALL the bugs, including the "Mysterious Vista Crashes."
Build 1550 was more or less alpha quality. I am waiting for the first serious beta now. I don't think that Winamp 5.50 will improve fast enough to be released in October.
Old 20th September 2007, 19:54   #384
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 2 (Build 1568) Now Available
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=277645
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion