http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=269928

Old 13th September 2007, 22:40   #42
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@flocksoft
Quote:
Known Issues:

-The thumbscroll button on the scrollbar might not automatically move when you scroll down an albumart pane using the mousewheel. This issue seems to affect enhanced-mode dualwheel/5-button+ mice, eg. A4Tech *

* = Fixed internally
Old 13th September 2007, 22:43   #43
flocksoft
Major Dude

@DJ Egg

sorry, I've missed it

@CraigF

thank you, but yesterday stashbox for some time was unaccesible (from my location, at least)
Old 13th September 2007, 23:09   #44
Kn0tte
Major Dude

I think I found a bug..
Winamp 5.5 Beta Build 1550:
An hour ago, I were using Winamp. Then I closed it and were away from the PC for a while (1 hour or so)..
Then I came back an hour later and started Winamp. Winamp started in minimized mode... It were not minimized when I closed Winamp, so there is something weird there..
I think I got this problem earlier today also...

I cant reproduce it right now, but I will see later..
Old 13th September 2007, 23:14   #45
Desides

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
Desides: it should be stabler than the previous 5.36 betas (which this is a version bump on from). and you've been able to change the look for ages
I'm sticking with 5.35 for now, even though I really, really want that updated FLAC plugin. When 5.5 hits final or near-final, I'll gladly download and use it.

As for the skins... yeah, Winamp has some great skins. I'm just saying, the default look deserves an update, especially now that Vista is out. (Though I'm using a skin that duplicates the look of iTunes' mini mode.)

Winamp constantly amazes me, and I'm a proud user. Remember back when the Interwebs considered it dead?
Old 13th September 2007, 23:16   #46
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Wow, Bento is slick....default is a little too dark but slick. Luckily the color theme option is always there.
Old 13th September 2007, 23:37   #47
flocksoft
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Desides
I'm sticking with 5.35 for now, even though I really, really want that updated FLAC plugin.
please read here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....55#post2215755
Old 14th September 2007, 00:05   #48
ctkatz8086

hey y'all. i wanted to report my podcast problem, and maybe the information i get here will help me with it.

in the last beta thread i said that in this new beta i could not update my podcast streams. the big egg asked if i had used good links and a clean install. the answers to those questions in order are yes and no.

so what i have done with this beta is install it over the old beta and tried to add a feed (didn't work) and installed clean and added a feed (DID work). as a final test, i copied my media library files over to the new install, deleted the plugins and reinstalled so the plugins are clean and media library with my old feeds were there and tried to add a feed (did NOT work).

i don't necessarily care too much about the library or the feeds because i'm running the betas on my notebook which doesn't have anything of importance on it so that can be erased. but if i like these betas enough to put on my other computer with libraries i want to preserve, what would i need to change on the old stable winamp feeds to get it to work on the new betas so that the new feeds are accepted?

(if i need to be clearer on a section, let me know)

Old 14th September 2007, 00:05   #49
niktheguru

Great update guys. Really impressed.

One thing, i love the notifier in the bento skin. (showing the album art, a la toaster) but can this be added to the normal modern skin too?

Also, is there any way of customising the bento skin so you can expand the width of the actual "main" winamp window (with the scrollbar and song title, spec analyser etc) cos at the moment it just looks a bit too narrow. with the scrollbar being too small.

Also, is it confirmed that the album art isn't gonna be amalgamated to the modern skin (and it will just be an extra window?) I'd really love the option of album art included in the modern skin without being an external module.

Keep up the good work guys, expecting more greatness.

Nikhil
Old 14th September 2007, 00:26   #50
flocksoft
Major Dude

CMYK jpg

I've only one image crashing Winamp (5.5 1550 too and without error reporting)

it's CMYK color space jpg file (http://stashbox.org/36915/cover.jpg)

the original file (copy of cover.jpg) has also EXIF, IPTC, XMP and thumbnail metadata, but after stripping all of them losslessly with ImageMagick (cover.jpg), no change, so I think the problem should be the CMYK colorspace

of course I could convert this image to a standard truecolor jpg (already done, folder.jpg with EXIF, IPTC and thumbnail metadata), this report is just for information
Attached Images
File Type: png cmyk.png (71.5 KB, 344 views)

Last edited by flocksoft; 14th September 2007 at 00:53.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:16   #51
synthetiq

@ martin.deimos

please make a new "sidecar" with album art to modern skin playlist in WA 5.5

thankx
Old 14th September 2007, 01:21   #52
losta

Please don't rush, publish final version when devs correct bugs.

What can you tell me about updated AAC+ encoder from Coding Technologies? Can Coding Technologies AAC+ beat newest Nero AAC 1.1.234 in quality?

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Please read the AAC+ Encoder notes from the beta changelog in the 2nd post of this thread.

Live long and prosper
Old 14th September 2007, 01:26   #53
losta

Still no 64-bit version, too bad. Pretty bad, you know, Benski and other devs.

Live long and prosper
Old 14th September 2007, 01:43   #54
dkordik

wowowowowow
I love how bento has love for the pixel art while still being all new. Why doesn't the community ever come out with skins this hot?
You guys seriously are afraid of the number 4. I don't blame you, that thing looks like it could put an eye out.
And a little Songbird for good measure, hey why not.
I'll have to play with this thing, I hope there is a view where album art is giant with Bento.
Thanks!
Old 14th September 2007, 02:31   #55
Daedala

When selecting multiple songs in the ML for mass tagging, the old tag window shows up. Is it possible to use the new one for it?
It would great to be able to change the albumart for multiple files at once.

When searching for albumart, can we add the option to have winamp search for *.jpg/png/etc or search the filename for key words such as front, back, inside, etc?
Old 14th September 2007, 03:40   #56
Kanpai

Send a message via AIM to Kanpai
I use the skin font mapper in the modern skin and have a specific setting for shade.songticker.font which doesn't seem to work in this beta. The time counter changes, but the file information stays the same, which is very annoying, because the font i use needs to be resized to look right.

It's possible i might be missing a setting somewhere though, i can't seem to quite get the hang of the whole unicode thing.
Old 14th September 2007, 03:45   #57
Koogle

finally winamp brings bundles its own SUI skin.. still credit to previous SUI winamp authors for doing it first in winamp.... I think I still prefere original SUI and Azeniz2 - which although doesn't look as slick atm..its probably more of what I'd want in terms of layout and features... and I think in the end will probably be much better than this skin.

Back to Bento.... why earth did the skin author included and built in the fugly looking winamp classic area into this modern skin I don't know.. thats probably the only area that realy fails this skin.. having that tiny winamp2 track bar. when most SUI skins have the song tracking bar strechted along the skins width.. much nicer

On the plus side this skins brings in some better icon graphics, and the scrollbars don't suck hurray. Also this skins maximizes on utilizing the space available .. Azenis 2 IMO has a lot of wasted space that could be improved upon.

there should be in "File Info Components" another option to display "File Location" ..and have that displayed on the screen.. +when you click it it opens the explorer folder at that file location.

Title/Artist/Album being clickable and taking you to some website should be disable as its caused 2 crashes now and its pointless imo.

The built in browser is definetly an area winamp could go into improving, if you could add power browsing features like tabs etc or just everything Maxthon2 has built in.. you'd have a killer internet browsing music playing power app, but at the moment its just too flimsy to be of any use.

Overall i think this SUI raises the bar in some areas for SUI skins... but completly fails with its choice to try and keep that ugly looking winamp classic look. Perhaps others will like that look(shudders) but at least this will bring them upto speed.

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Old 14th September 2007, 03:45   #58
Desides

Quote:
Originally posted by flocksoft
please read here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....55#post2215755
Whoa. Thank you very much!
Old 14th September 2007, 05:36   #59
northern_skyy

amazing.What a job the developers done with the 5.x versions. Now winamp is back as the default player on my system.
Old 14th September 2007, 07:21   #60
lordsky

Send a message via AIM to lordsky
ID3 tagging

Clean install of 5.5 beta
Bento skin
WinXP SP2

1) "View File Info" an mp3 file with an empty ID3 tag.

Under Basic View
BUG #1: Genre defaults to "Blues"
2) Enter 1111 in the track number.
3) Fill in the title.
4) Click ok
5) go back to View File Info

BUG #2(??): Under ID3v1 - Track number is 87
BUG #3: Under ID3v2 - Title field is empty

Old 14th September 2007, 08:27   #61
kafkef

wow.. i love the new skin. great job guys.
Old 14th September 2007, 08:39   #62
mynameisnobody

Great! The biggest update since 5.0!

about Bento: fine skin with nice ideas!
would it be possible to ad a option for the Multi Content View with a Fileinfo or only the normal ATF in bigger Textsize?
With a high resolution(1680x1050, the infos are a bit small

Also an Albumart View under the playlist as option for fullscreen would be nice.
Old 14th September 2007, 08:42   #63
niktheguru

Another thing guys. Could we please have the option to tag the album art to the IDv3 tags through winamp (at the moment you can only tag to the image file in the folder)

Thanks!!

Nikhil
Old 14th September 2007, 08:50   #64
dkordik

Is there a way to set the order in which Winamp chooses album art? I have some lower res covers in my tags but I have super high res images in each album directory that I use for album art instead. Obviously, I'd prefer the copies in the folder. This wasn't an issue until this version when I guess the priority order has changed.

Or can we get an Artwork field in the ML>"Edit Selected Items" dialog so I can at least mass remove the embedded artwork I don't want?

Last edited by dkordik; 14th September 2007 at 09:23.
Old 14th September 2007, 09:00   #65
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
Huh? First letter ->faded? Im did not say that... I was saying that the songticker had some lag/kick problems, which I think can be fixed.. Because I love the new options, it just need some adjustments for lag, etc...

The other thing i mention`ed was space on the right side (we were discussing this in 5.36 Beta2, and I made an example file)... But that file was made WHEN the playlist item number was shown in the songticker..
In WA 5.5 it is removed, so my adjustments is not quite correct...
But, I can try to fix that... But I havent got a reply from the DEVs yet, if they want me to do it, so Im waiting a little bit...

As I have told you before, WA 5.5 is hot - The new features are hot - I just told you some ideas to fix the lag/kick (a weird thing)...
go on and fix it

for all who requested bento features in wa modern skin (notifier), this will be done when there is time for it - first bento needs to run stable (hm, running stable for me - but you never know where the bugs are)

album art in wa modern: we most likely keep it as is, i will prepare the poppler replacement so you can have it in the pl - but that will be an optional installer.

@koogle: exploring the item folder - doubleclick on the albumart but i can add the info line if you want
if you have crashes with web search from file info - please give me the script name that crashed, and the guru code (last line at plugins/freeform/guru.log)

@mynameisnobody: 1) don't think i might add a bigger text, the fileinfo maki is now ~26kb and if i add this i need new switches which will slow all down. perhaps try the fontmapper for a bigger font
2)this is an good idea, will hopefully be allowed to include

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 14th September 2007, 09:23   #66
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
yay!
I hope you like the new skin.
There is lots of new stuff to check out:
[..]
-build in playlist sidecar for wa3 freaks
[..]
I can't see the sidecar you wrote about.
anyway I love the new betno skin, I would thank the winamp team so much for the new improvments, especially for the album art features.

and now to the bugreport:
the viz-options in skin preferences are a little bit buggy, they only work if the big viz window is activated and if I enable the multi component view (mini). And then activate the big viz window the option is gone and doesn't com back if I switch to a other component (i.e. ML)

and some suggestions:
I also think the main area is a little bit to small mainly in fullscreen-mode. a sidecar to resize tis area would be a good improvment. I still dislike the new scrollbar behavior (not the skin) I would really embrace it if the scollbars works like in windows (the scrollbars should become longer if there are less item in the list and goes shorter if there are many items in the list). And at least it would be good to add an option to re- and attach the playlist, because if I press the collaps window button at the bottom of the skin the skin layout makes no sense for me. so there it would be cool if the playlist could be rettached and the fileinfo area could be resize as far as possible to the left that there you can only see the album art or nothing and dock the playlist to the bottom of this new small view ;-)

ok, that was my very first impression of the new felicitous build.

o_0
Old 14th September 2007, 09:51   #67
mynameisnobody

Quote:
Originally posted by VooDoo`
I would really embrace it if the scollbars works like in windows (the scrollbars should become longer if there are less item in the list and goes shorter if there are many items in the list)
In the Library options you can disable "Use freeform scrollbars when available"
Old 14th September 2007, 09:54   #68
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Re: CMYK jpg

Quote:
Originally posted by flocksoft
I've only one image crashing Winamp (5.5 1550 too and without error reporting)

it's CMYK color space jpg file (http://stashbox.org/36915/cover.jpg)

the original file (copy of cover.jpg) has also EXIF, IPTC, XMP and thumbnail metadata, but after stripping all of them losslessly with ImageMagick (cover.jpg), no change, so I think the problem should be the CMYK colorspace

of course I could convert this image to a standard truecolor jpg (already done, folder.jpg with EXIF, IPTC and thumbnail metadata), this report is just for information
Ah. It looks like our jpeg decoding library can't do CMYK. But i've fixed it now to handle the error properly rather than closing winamp.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 14th September 2007, 09:54   #69
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
for the sidecar i meant the option 'stored playlists' for MCV (which actually is sth like the wa3 sidecar)

(deleted the post )

does the bug occur when you stop the vis plugin?

Old 14th September 2007, 10:00   #70
will

Re: ID3 tagging

Quote:
Originally posted by lordsky
Clean install of 5.5 beta
Bento skin
WinXP SP2

1) "View File Info" an mp3 file with an empty ID3 tag.

Under Basic View
BUG #1: Genre defaults to "Blues"
2) Enter 1111 in the track number.
3) Fill in the title.
4) Click ok
5) go back to View File Info

BUG #2(??): Under ID3v1 - Track number is 87
BUG #3: Under ID3v2 - Title field is empty

fixed 1 and 2, can't reproduce 3
thanks for the report!

Old 14th September 2007, 10:00   #71
Serpher

Text Scroll Speed in this new version is a bit strange :? It looks like there wasn't enough much fraps...

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 14th September 2007, 10:04   #72
will

Quote:
Originally posted by Daedala
When selecting multiple songs in the ML for mass tagging, the old tag window shows up. Is it possible to use the new one for it?
It would great to be able to change the albumart for multiple files at once.
Hm, nope. This window isn't indended for mass tagging. However, if you to select multiple items and use the "View File Info" the new file info box will show up for each file in turn.
Quote:
When searching for albumart, can we add the option to have winamp search for *.jpg/png/etc or search the filename for key words such as front, back, inside, etc?
Hopefully for the final release.

Old 14th September 2007, 10:08   #73
mynameisnobody

about Bento:
I also think, that the MainWindow(Player) is a bit to small.
A horizontal resize function would be cool.

Is it possible to ad installed plugins to the tabs?
Think that would increase the usability.
Old 14th September 2007, 10:12   #74
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

adding this plugins is atm not possible

Old 14th September 2007, 10:19   #75
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by mynameisnobody
In the Library options you can disable "Use freeform scrollbars when available"
thanks thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos

does the bug occur when you stop the vis plugin?
yes but it starts automatically if I open the vis again, I can only set an option if the big vis window is open

found another bug:
in ML: If I edit my album filder view with the filter-view option: "two" to a "Simple album" view I get a view with simple album at the top and a songlist at the bottom wich isn't resizeable.

o_0
Old 14th September 2007, 10:30   #76
Hanschke

nice work thx!
Old 14th September 2007, 10:48   #77
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

For the wa modern sidecar lovers:
http://shup.com/Shup/3763/wa_modern_sidecar.exe
took the time to create an installer - hope it works...

@VooDoo`
What is the problem? You run a vis (let's say in big sui, then you close it via ctrl+caps+k, and you switch to ml and back ti vis. here it is intended to open the vis again. the bug is that after the vis is hidden it should switch back to the previous component.

Old 14th September 2007, 11:01   #78
kostelo

Font problem

I think I ve also found a bug. When I change from bookmarks to local media in classic skin, the font size changes by itself to a larger one. Even if I change it back in prefs->playlist->use font, it only gets fixed until I click Local media. Check the screens below.

I dont know why the screens aren't showing up. I used imagevenue.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
We can't reproduce this. At a guess, this wan't a clean install, and you've still got an ml plugin from an older version of Winamp present, or some 3rd-party ml plugin...?
Old 14th September 2007, 11:54   #79
miguel_montes

Excellent improvements! My god, this kicks every other mp3 player's butt!

Just a few suggestions, though:

- Is it possible to add album art to the song notifier in the modern skin? Like the Bento one has...

- Is it also possible to vertically resize the main window player on the bento skin?

- Is it also possible to toggle the windowshade mode button between windowshade mode and another skin or some kind of mini-mode, with just main window player with included album art (like the modern skin but with integrated album art?
Old 14th September 2007, 12:11   #80
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

1) perhaps when there is time in the end

2) no

3) perhpas try to collapse the sui area and hide the playlist.

for the browser guru - i have reproduced this now - strange bug, seems to occur only with web search and no other one...

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion