Old 14th September 2007, 18:26   #121
Kn0tte
Major Dude

WINAMP DEVELOPERS - Songticker fixed!

!! Attention - WINAMP DEVELOPERS !!
I have fixed the songticker spacing, and I even fixed the 1 seconds LAG on "Classic style"....
I set the left-and rightpadding to 0 and x="..." one number higher...

Attached file, try it out and let me know what you think.. The spacing when using "Modern"-style is perfect, and the lag/kick on "Classic"-style is gone...
Attached Files
File Type: xml player-normal-group.xml (26.6 KB, 218 views)
Old 14th September 2007, 18:33   #122
chriissis

i get this script error when i try to do "window settings -> scaling -> 75% or 50%, on the Windows Vista Ultimate.

Last edited by chriissis; 14th September 2007 at 18:50.
Old 14th September 2007, 18:35   #123
Nightyx

Quote:
Originally posted by ujay

quote:Originally posted by Nightyx
... is it possible to resize the player window (upper left corner) or the fileinfo section on right side of it ...

Exactly as you would for a modern skin
Winamp Menu > Window settings > Scaling.
Is that what you mean ?

[edit] A scale factor of 135% gives me a 6 item playlist(size 14 text)
i dont mean that scaling. abyz here understand it like i meant it. when i scale it, it looks awful it zooms the window, and my thought was increasing the x-axis not both (dont know how to explain it in excellent english)

Quote:
Originally posted by abyz
I have the same request as Nightyx though - is there a way to widen the player window (top-left) portion of the bento skin? The boundary between the file info pane and the playlist pane is draggable, but the boundary between the file info pane and player window pane is not, and the player window pane is awfully cramped.
possible stretch that player window so far till the file info section is complete away. i dont need this feature now, so i tried to kill it but i´m not a pro in creating themes so i try to ask here if the dev may change it, to make it more flexible

regards, olli
Old 14th September 2007, 18:41   #124
abyz

Another issue I noticed with album art view in the media library is that there is one entry for each album, for each artist, rather than just for each album. This means that for compilation discs, instead of seeing one album and being able to select it to see all the tracks, it will show one album entry for each artist on the disc, and clicking it will only show the tracks in that album which are by that artist. I couldn't find a way to fix this (tried sorting the album art view by album instead of artist, but it didn't fix the issue, though it did make the problem far more apparent).

Example:

--abyz
Old 14th September 2007, 18:55   #125
Daedala

@abyz
I had the same problem, I solved it by adding Various Artists in the Album Artist field, since I didn't have anything in there. That seemed to group them together in one album.

Is there another method?
Old 14th September 2007, 19:10   #126
TheUniqueTiger

A few more points...

I don't know why some albums are auto assigned album art from other albums, and cannot change it even if I have a proper album art cover named <Album>.jpg in the folder.

Changing file info for the playing file does not change the file info shown in the Multi purpose pane.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 14th September 2007, 19:23   #127
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by flocksoft
in classic skins, the playlist position scroller shows the position - 1
fixed as well, thanks (can't believe we never caught that one though the code for the number part was completely removed to match the modern skin mode before adding stuff back in against that classic skin option)

-daz
Old 14th September 2007, 19:35   #128
byblo

I like the bento skin, but cant I choose where I want to put the childs windows where I want ? Also, external plugins like enhancer cannot be integrated at all, and still flying behind the main window.

I've always using the classic skin, but always expected a main window to regroup all its childs. Too bad
Old 14th September 2007, 19:39   #129
DrO

a lot of the issue with external plugins is that they don't use the generic frames (like the gen_ml plugin does) which makes it nigh on impossible to do that sort of integration cleanly. even the jtf skinned window won't integrate since it's forced to a fixed size whereas any sizeable one should potentially be able to be integrated

-daz
Old 14th September 2007, 20:07   #130
makaveli0360

wheres my media library

So, I am using the beta with the bento skin, and nothing is showing in my media library tab. i don't if i'm missing something here or what, because when i right click and select Play->Playlist from Media Library->Local Media it has all my playlists and if i select one of them it brings it up in the playlist window and plays the music. So my media library is somewhere I just can't see it in the media library tab.

Thanks,
Brian

edit: never mind. reinstalled and now it works fine. I had originally installed it with a few of the media library options that i don't use unchecked, reinstalled it with all those and it works.

RE-EDIT: Following my last edit, I put the player into windowshade mode, and when i restored it, the media library was gone, and my ML tab was blank again. Tried reinstall again but still no library.

Last edited by makaveli0360; 14th September 2007 at 20:30.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:15   #131
PVTele

Bento is just wonderful - truly a whole leap beyond anything else out there. Nothing even comes close - once it reaches final, this will be the most usable as well as the most beautiful media player out there, period.

One little thing - using the 'old' Winamp Modern skin, I always unlink position and width, and put the winshade down at the bottom of my screen, on top of the taskbar. I know - I just like it there, and I've sort of become used to it all the time since 5.0. But Bento only lets me unlink width - and if I put the winshade on the taskbar, then the full window 'unfurls' off the bottom of my monitor, and falls on the desk. So I have to have it at the top. I'm getting a stiff neck.

Do I just have to get used to it? P'raps I can - but if there was a way to stick it to the bottom of the screen, I'd use it ;-)
Old 14th September 2007, 20:17   #132
Kn0tte
Major Dude

DJ Egg (or some of the DEVs), have you looked at my first post on page 4? I think I fixed some of the songticker issues... If it is, you can maybe mark the known songticker issues on the first page as fixed internally (*)? :P

Is it possible that this skin can be updated (or integrated into modern skin)? I understand if you dont want to, since it is 2 years old... :P
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/146704

I still have an issue with close/open..
Sometimes when I open Winamp, it will open in minimized mode... This is a WA 5.5 Beta 1550 specific issue.... It did not happen in WA 5.36 Beta 1504..
Old 14th September 2007, 20:31   #133
proove2613

It seems to me that ML doesn't rescan folders on startup, even with the option checked under ML Preferences -> Local Media... Anyone else have noticed this?
Old 14th September 2007, 20:32   #134
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@TheUniqueTiger
Re: Orig. Artist not saving in ID3v2 tag
Reproduced. Thanks.

Re: albumart
Not sure what's going on there....
Maybe it's seeing embedded art first (Winamp won't remove this, yet), or there's a hidden folder.jpg in those folders?
As ref'd in the first post, the order of retrieval (for now) is:
embedded in tags, %album%.jpg/gif/png, cover.*, folder.*
Does it still show the wrong cover after rt-click > Refresh Album Art?

@Ujay
Rumour has it that we're dumping the Station Info window...?

@chriissis
The "Scaling Bento to less than 100% crash" is listed in the Known Bugs/Issues section of the first post in this thread.

@abyz
Yup, unless I'm missing something here, as Daedala said, make sure your compilations have Various Artists (or similar) in the Album Artist field.

@PVTele
Yup, I also requested an 'unlink width AND position' option for Bento winshade, just like the Modern one. It especially bugs me when I come out of winshade and the main mode ends up being half off the screen somewhere, heh.

@Kn0tte
1) I think Benski's already fixed the songticker issues (not sure if he's used your fix or not), though there is still an issue with the Modern winshade songticker...
2) I don't think that skin's got anything to do with anyone here (maybe Taber and Maksim might know something about it, maybe not).
3) Can't reproduce.

@proove2613
Re: Rescan watch folders at startup = broken (again!)
Doh! Reproduced. Thanks
Old 14th September 2007, 20:42   #135
em3

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
I don't know why some albums are auto assigned album art from other albums, and cannot change it even if I have a proper album art cover named <Album>.jpg in the folder.
I have the same issue. Rightclick and refresh does nothing. Though if album art is placed in the right folder the wrong art will be corrected if I rt-click and refresh. But still, the question remain why albums get the wrong art in the first place.

Note. If I remove the correct art and refresh the wrong art comes back. :P
Old 14th September 2007, 20:56   #136
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@em3
The cover image needs to be in the same folder as the album.
eg. %album%.jpg if there's more than one album in the folder, or just cover.jpg or folder.jpg if there's only one album in the folder
(where %album% is the exact name of the album).
Old 14th September 2007, 21:10   #137
synthetiq

Quote:
Originally posted by abyz
This means that for compilation discs, instead of seeing one album and being able to select it to see all the tracks, it will show one album entry for each artist on the disc, and clicking it will only show the tracks in that album which are by that artist. I couldn't find a way to fix this (tried sorting the album art view by album instead of artist, but it didn't fix the issue, though it did make the problem far more apparent).

I have the same problem...
please implement something to simplify this, like an album smartview in the ML after a re-scan
and create a smartview to albums, by default after a winamp instalation, This will make our life easier.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:10   #138
proove2613

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@proove2613
Re: Rescan watch folders at startup = broken (again!)
Doh! Reproduced. Thanks
Same thing with Rescan every XX minutes...

Other problem: I have no image in the ID3v2 Art field, no folder/album/anything else.jpg/png/gif in the mp3 folder... but WA still shows me the image previously embedded in one of the .mp3 files... How do I remove it?
Old 14th September 2007, 21:30   #139
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@proove2613
Rt-click the cover -> Refresh
(at the moment, it'll still be showing the cached image)

@synthetiq
Do your compilation albums (not) have "Various Artists" (or "Various", "V/A", or similar) set in the Album Artist field in the tags?
Old 14th September 2007, 21:34   #140
TheUniqueTiger

@DJ Egg:

It would be better if it shows in the file info if the MP3 file has embedded album art. (like Embedded Art : Yes/No)

I'll need to look further into the cover art issue. Exactly the same problem as encountered by em3. I'll have to look further. Refresh album art doesn't work in this case although it works in most other cases, except the ones which I said have wrong album art.

Strangely enough, keeping Winamp open, I sought to Foobar2000 for this... Rewrote the File tags for these files. (Right click -> Tagging -> Rewrite File Tags). Then came back to Winamp and refreshed album art and Yes, now it shows the correct album art! Though my problem seems almost solved now regarding wrong album art, I really want an explanation as to whats happened here.

(I'll come back later with any more bugs I find.)

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 14th September 2007, 21:35   #141
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
@TheUniqueTiger

@Kn0tte
1) I think Benski's already fixed the songticker issues (not sure if he's used your fix or not), though there is still an issue with the Modern winshade songticker...
2) I don't think that skin's got anything to do with anyone here (maybe Taber and Maksim might know something about it, maybe not).
3) Can't reproduce.
1) Ok... Looking forward to test it in the next build...
But I hope Benski tried my file, since I fixed the lag (atleast the lag I wrote about), and the space thing (very perfect now)..
I was surprised when I also fixed the lag in "Classic Songticker"-style, since I were working on the space thing..
Have you tried my file?
EDIT: Can Benski say something about this? :P
If his fix fixes ALL the lag so it scrolls smooth, I would be glad.. But if it does, I would like to get my "codes" for the "spacing" copied over to his file (that means left-and rightpadding code, and X=....) But I like my own file though..

2) Ok... I thought that one of you were the one who made that skin, since it said "By: Nullsoft Skins"..

3) Ok.. It is very difficult to reproduce it, but I posted it anyway.. Remember that if you open your Winamp sometime, and it opens in minimized mode, you can think about this..

/Kn0tte
Old 14th September 2007, 21:44   #142
synthetiq

@DJ Egg

as a test i updated 3 compilations, the basic info tag with "V/A" in the Album Artist field and it works fine...

thankx

EDIT:
Sorry to bother dj Egg, but when i double click one of this compilations ( double clickin the album cover ) the files go to playlist (as usual) but winamp sorts the files in an alphabetical order, instead of sorting the files starting in number 1 track.
can we change this to sort the files in a "numerical order" ?
Old 14th September 2007, 21:52   #143
flocksoft
Major Dude

@proove2613
maybe the cover files (cover.jpg, folder.jpg or similar) are hidden; I've just tested it: Winamp it's able to shows also the covers wiht system and hidden attributes

to find hidden files, open a Command Prompt window and type
Quote:
dir /B /AH /S path_of_your_music_folder > temp.txt && find /v /i "thumbs.db" temp.txt
for the system files
Quote:
dir /B /AS /S path_of_your_music_folder > temp.txt && find /v /i "thumbs.db" temp.txt
Old 14th September 2007, 22:00   #144
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
1) Ok... Looking forward to test it in the next build...
But I hope Benski tried my file, since I fixed the lag (atleast the lag I wrote about), and the space thing (very perfect now)..
I was surprised when I also fixed the lag in "Classic Songticker"-style, since I were working on the space thing..
Have you tried my file?
EDIT: Can Benski say something about this? :P
If his fix fixes ALL the lag so it scrolls smooth, I would be glad.. But if it does, I would like to get my "codes" for the "spacing" copied over to his file (that means left-and rightpadding code, and X=....) But I like my own file though..

2) Ok... I thought that one of you were the one who made that skin, since it said "By: Nullsoft Skins"..

3) Ok.. It is very difficult to reproduce it, but I posted it anyway.. Remember that if you open your Winamp sometime, and it opens in minimized mode, you can think about this..

/Kn0tte
1) the new songticker 'classic' scroller code wasn't properly taking the padding into account when it was wrapping around. setting the padding to 0 just kind of masks the issue It'll be fixed in the next version

2) Taber Buhl (nullsoft employee) modified the modern skin to make that one. It shipped in a special bundle for a few weeks, but after that it was uploaded by our skin review team
Old 14th September 2007, 22:09   #145
ujay
Forum King

Quote:

@Ujay
Rumour has it that we're dumping the Station Info window...?
Never did get much love did it

To be honest the file info window does just as good a job.

UJ
Old 14th September 2007, 22:14   #146
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
1) the new songticker 'classic' scroller code wasn't properly taking the padding into account when it was wrapping around. setting the padding to 0 just kind of masks the issue It'll be fixed in the next version

2) Taber Buhl (nullsoft employee) modified the modern skin to make that one. It shipped in a special bundle for a few weeks, but after that it was uploaded by our skin review team
Ok... I set the padding to 0 and got it fixed
But as I said before, I also fixed the spacing in "Modern" style.. Look at my file...

<!-- Songticker -->
<Songticker
id="Songticker" showlen="1"
x="9.5" y="45"
relatw="1"
w="-18" h="21"
leftpadding="0"
rightpadding="-0"
/>

<Text
id="Infoticker"
x="9.5" y="45"
relatw="1"
w="-18" h="21"
leftpadding="0"
rightpadding="-0"
/>

I set the x= to 9,5 and w= to -18..
Leftpadding and rightpadding to 0 and -0...
Those four numbers fixed the spacing..
You can use my file (if you arent going to change other things)... I spent some hours to do this..
If you have to edit some other files to fix the lag also, thats okay- But use these number which fixes the spacing
(9,5...-18...0...-0)..

2) So that means that the skin will most likely not be updated? :P

Keep up the good work...

/Kn0tte
Attached Files
File Type: xml player-normal-group.xml (26.6 KB, 169 views)
Old 14th September 2007, 22:16   #147
synthetiq

Just a thought...
Will the default pack of AVS visualisations that come by default ever be updated with new ones ?

please refresh the pack, it's kind'a old...

thankx
Old 14th September 2007, 22:42   #148
jtmal0723

Found a bug, closing Winamp. I was using the new Winamp Bento theme if that has anything to do with it.

Quote:
---------------------------
Assertion failed
Expression: hdc != NULL
File: .\canvas\win\win32_canvas.cpp
Line: 1025

OK Cancel
Then this shows up afterwards:
Quote:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe

R6025

- pure virtual function call

OK
I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 with an AMD Athlon XP 1600+ with 640MB RAM if that helps/
Old 14th September 2007, 23:17   #149
em3

Quote:
@em3
The cover image needs to be in the same folder as the album.
eg. %album%.jpg if there's more than one album in the folder, or just cover.jpg or folder.jpg if there's only one album in the folder
(where %album% is the exact name of the album).
To remind you of the issue. It's about albums that doesn't have art getting the wrong art instead. See the image in my first post about this issue.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....36#post2234336

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Winamp will only see embedded art, or %album%.jpg/gif/png, cover.*, folder.* in the containing dir (and in that order). If Winamp shows an image, then one of ^those^ conditions MUST exist. Winamp has no way of knowing whether the existing image is the right or wrong one. If it's wrong, then it's up to you to get the right cover (try using Winamp's built-in art downloader, or go to www.discogs.com or www.allmusic.com).
Old 14th September 2007, 23:26   #150
soulstace

Quote:
Originally posted by em3
I have problems with the album art. None of my files have covers included in the tag (2 files did but I deleted these with Mp3Tag). But still after reinstall of Winamp and rescan of the music folders these covers are still there. And when I display album art in the Media Library these 2 covers are randomly (it seems) assigned to ~50% of albums. (see attached image)
I also mentioned this issue.

Winamp pulls any image within the directory. If you have cover art in the same directory as the mp3, but the cover art doesn't match, you can experience this issue.

The only workaround i've found is to delete the image(s), or move them somewhere else.
Old 14th September 2007, 23:48   #151
em3

Quote:
Winamp will only see embedded art, or %album%.jpg/gif/png, cover.*, folder.* in the containing dir (and in that order). If Winamp shows an image, then one of ^those^ conditions MUST exist. Winamp has no way of knowing whether the existing image is the right or wrong one. If it's wrong, then it's up to you to get the right cover (try using Winamp's built-in art downloader, or go to www.discogs.com or www.allmusic.com).
The cover that is displayed all over the place was embedded in an mp3, which I ended up deleting. But the cover still remains somehow in the winamp media library. I don't have any images in the same dir's as mp3s. And I've deleted all embedded covers as well with Mp3Tag. I've also tried to clear and rescan the library as well as deleting the art cache. Care to explain why I still see art in the library?
Old 14th September 2007, 23:56   #152
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@em3
Sure beats me.
Sorry, but I can't reproduce the problem.
Old 15th September 2007, 00:02   #153
soulstace

Quote:
Winamp has no way of knowing whether the existing image is the right or wrong one. If it's wrong, then it's up to you to get the right cover
I've got 200+ mp3s in my music directory (because I haven't reorganized them yet). Getting the right cover art for one album still results in the wrong cover art being displayed for every other album.

It is a minor issue, I know. For the final I just think it would be nice to have some adjustments for how winamp gathers the cover art.

Now I'm trying to figure out why winamp crashes sometimes when scrolling up and down my media library. Next time it happens I'll save the crash report.
Old 15th September 2007, 00:15   #154
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@soulstace
If the files are in one folder, then name the covers as %album%.jpg

eg. for Pink Floyd:
Dark Side Of The Moon.jpg, Animals.jpg, Wish You Were Here.jpg, The Wall.jpg, Meddle.jpg, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn.jpg, A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.jpg, etc.

Winamp will then see the individual covers for each album.

If the image is called cover.jpg or folder.jpg, and there's no %album%.jpg, then that is what Winamp will see instead.

Winamp's art downloader (rt-click cover icon in an albumart view in the ml -> Get Album Art) saves as %album%.jpg in the containing dir.

Since the order of retrieval is: embedded, %album%.*, cover.*, folder.*
then %album%.jpg will take precedence over cover.jpg and folder.jpg

I can't really explain things any better than that.
Old 15th September 2007, 00:37   #155
em3

Quote:
@em3
Sure beats me.
Sorry, but I can't reproduce the problem.
I figured out the problem. There were hidden covers in some folders. And apparently they had a system file attribute so I couldn't see them by default. Sorry for snapping at you DJ Egg.

Now I only wish that Winamp would be able to search an extra directory for album art since I have all mine collected in one folder with %album% as filename. :P
Old 15th September 2007, 01:24   #156
PC Gamer
Banned

This version is good, but I think U should replace FhG MP3 Surround Encoder instead of LAME...
Old 15th September 2007, 01:34   #157
A Crazy German

I found a bug I believe unless I am missing some thing. I have no playlist at all I mark it off to show it and I can't find it I uncheck it and recheck it and its still gone.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6762/noplaylistop3.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8564/playlister6.jpg

nothing changes even though as you can see one has playlist checked off one doesn't.
Old 15th September 2007, 01:40   #158
cato

Quote:
Originally posted by em3
All my album art is collected in a folder with the album name as filename. It would be great if there were settings for album art to look in an extra folder or something other than the folder where the mp3 is located.
I'd like to see this in some form. Either a local cache directory instead of saving jpg files in my folders or a local folder I can put tags in.
Old 15th September 2007, 01:56   #159
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@A Crazy German
Drag the vertical separator in from the right.
You've somehow managed to drag the Info Pane component all the way to the right, and it's covering the entire Playlist component (it's the first of the two edges on the right side).

@em3
Yeah, we'd already mentioned a few times in previous posts the fact that there could be a hidden folder.jpg in your folder(s) (maybe it wasn't directed at you personally, but it has been mentioned).

@cato
The config for albumart retrieval/saving/etc hasn't been implemented yet.
It is referenced in the notes in the first post, heh.
Old 15th September 2007, 02:00   #160
A Crazy German

<3 DJ Egg
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion