Old 27th September 2007, 00:20   #281
Dipso

Media keys still don't work on vista...

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Old 27th September 2007, 01:29   #282
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by Dipso
Media keys still don't work on vista...
As in keyboard media keys?

If so, turn on the "Global Hotkeys" option. If its off, it won't work.
Old 27th September 2007, 01:42   #283
flocksoft
Major Dude

maybe is the expected behaviour, but Winamp (5.5 b1550 and the previous versions) deletes iPod's On the go playlist on connection

from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....postid=2244203
Old 27th September 2007, 03:47   #284
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@testify
You can actually hide the spectrum vis in Bento windowshade mode, if the player length is short enough. It only appears when you stretch it out far enough. Likewise for the songticker.

@Mecha25
Are you definitely using Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 2 (Build 1568) and not Beta 1 (1550). What does your Winamp Bento skin version # say in the top right corner?

@xamphear
Ooh, lovely. That's the notoriously buggy iTunes ID3v2.4 unsynchronization issue.
I won't go into any further great detail, but as you can see, Benski's already said above that it's fixed for the next build :-)

@flocksoft
Re: Winamp deletes "iPod's On the go" playlist on connection:
So it's also still happening in build 1568?
[Edit] See Will's reply in the thread you linked to.
Old 27th September 2007, 04:17   #285
Mecha25

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@Mecha25
Are you definitely using Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 2 (Build 1568) and not Beta 1 (1550). What does your Winamp Bento skin version # say in the top right corner?
Yep, 5.5B2 v1568,
Bento v0.7 #091

I don't mind it really, album art for me is more of a bonus, I'd rather be able to mod the panel to show visualizations, which would be more useful to my purposes.

Till then, Azenis2 will suffice.
Old 27th September 2007, 04:49   #286
DigiMike

Send a message via ICQ to DigiMike Send a message via AIM to DigiMike
I've got a skin i've been working a while. I've noticed some wierdness when effects are tossed at the album art window (setTargetA etc)

Using 5.5 beta 2, no plugins except for the color editor.

Interface is here. http://stashbox.org/39069/Vision_Beta86.wal

How to reproduce.

Open a playlist.

Click the "I" button next to the Vis.
Click back while attempting to change track.

The app will proceed to lockup until the main window is moved.

Also it seems large batch animations causes the app to lose focus. Click the EQ button to see what I mean.
Old 27th September 2007, 04:57   #287
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Mecha25
Yep, 5.5B2 v1568,
Bento v0.7 #091

I don't mind it really, album art for me is more of a bonus, I'd rather be able to mod the panel to show visualizations, which would be more useful to my purposes.

Till then, Azenis2 will suffice.
Bento version in build 1568 is v0.7 #096

The albumart feature for large playlist wasn't in #091
Bento #091 was the version included with 5.5 Beta Preview 1 (1550),
so I'm not sure what you've done wrong there....
Old 27th September 2007, 05:50   #288
Ecophreak

Auto-tagging

I started reading through this massive thread, and my eyes started going all blurry after the 2nd page, so sorry if this has been mentioned already:

When I mass auto-tag, it gives me the correct tags, but then doesn't apply them after clicking on apply changes, except for the album art. Also don't seem to be able to apply manual changes to tags?
Old 27th September 2007, 06:27   #289
Dipso

Quote:
Originally posted by Omega X
As in keyboard media keys?

If so, turn on the "Global Hotkeys" option. If its off, it won't work.
It doesn't work. It fails to register, Only know workaround is to kill itype(intellitype process) run winamp, go to settings and then start itype again.

This only works until next reboot.

Media keys work perfectly with other apps, like zoomplayer. so it has to be something with the way its implemented in winamp, in combination with changes done to the appcomands system in windows vista.

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Old 27th September 2007, 07:01   #290
dkordik

Quote:
Originally posted by DigiMike
I've got a skin i've been working a while. I've noticed some wierdness when effects are tossed at the album art window (setTargetA etc)

Using 5.5 beta 2, no plugins except for the color editor.

Interface is here. http://stashbox.org/39069/Vision_Beta86.wal

How to reproduce.

Open a playlist.

Click the "I" button next to the Vis.
Click back while attempting to change track.

The app will proceed to lockup until the main window is moved.

Also it seems large batch animations causes the app to lose focus. Click the EQ button to see what I mean.
Ah crud. My first Winamp Vista crash in 1568. Full on system crash with the music-silent-music-silent symptom that has been described before. It happened when I was attempting to change from your "Vision" skin to a Classic skin. I'd even been roughing it without my favorite third party plugins! I'm running Vista Ultimate, 1.25GB RAM. Unfortunately there is no relevant _crash.log because Winamp didn't crash, the whole system did. Devs, please lemme know if anything else will help.
Old 27th September 2007, 09:17   #291
Akdor 1154

There's a problem with all modern skins inc. Bento, and I think it's been around for a while (I've been using Classic so didn't really care) - I don't know much about how the modern skins are implemented, but the media library can become 'detached' from its container window, and if you have the container window open large enough to grab the bottom of the library it can be dragged around (it snaps to the top of the container but with blank space in between the container top and the library, making me think you guys have been lazy and just gone and hidden the title bar... )

Anyway here are screenshots:

Here is the first one, on switching to the Modern skin from Bento (switching from Classic gives the same effect; the library is in the same position it was in the first skin but the container has been moved without it).
http://i22.tinypic.com/xq9d7m.jpg

Now we see what happens if we drag the thing around and let it snap:
http://i20.tinypic.com/szwh8n.jpg

Switching from any skin to Bento gives an even worse symptom of this bug:
http://i20.tinypic.com/dpbd4h.jpg

But never fear, setting the playlist to Enlarged and resizing the divider will reset it and lock it to its container... hooray!... (this is the only way I have found that will work - merely resizing the Winamp window itself does not work and in fact leads to the problem appearing again)
http://i20.tinypic.com/or328i.jpg

Turning off the enlarged playlist, however, leads to this:
http://i24.tinypic.com/10fx7vb.gif

And we're back where we started:
http://i23.tinypic.com/213n9d.jpg

In getting screenshots for this bug, I also found another: resizing the englarged playlist divider and having the Winamp window lose focus (i.e. with Alt+Tab) will keep the divider in the "being resized" state - bringing Winamp back in focus and hovering the mouse over the divider will resize it, and the only way to stop this is by grabbing it and releasing it, which isn't as easy as it may seem as the grab point for some reason is a few pixels to the left of where the divider is held to the mouse.

Both of these bugs are reproducible easily.

I'm using Windows XP x64, (which is based on Windows Server 2003 for the uneducated). I'm at SP2, but my SP2 is again based on the Windows Server 03 SP2 (so I have MMC.exe v3 and other fun things); XP x64 comes prepatched with all the stupidity of the SP2 Windows Security Centre, Firewall, et al.

EDIT: Sorry about the page stretching, but if you're using a decent browser that supports basic CSS then it won't affect any layout bar my post. If on the other hand you're not then what can I say?

[edit - DrO]
img->url
it was just too much for anyone to have to look at

It seems strange to me, man, strange to me, don't it seem strange to you?
That a country founded on immigration is so damn racist too;
- John Butler Trio - Home Is Where the Heart Is

Last edited by Akdor 1154; 27th September 2007 at 09:35.
Old 27th September 2007, 11:09   #292
Auren

Send a message via ICQ to Auren
Couldn't you remove Russian strings from the installer, please? As a Russian user I should mention that the translation is awful.

You better leave it as it was. Standard familiar phrases. Understandable phrases.
Old 27th September 2007, 11:30   #293
flocksoft
Major Dude

@DJ Egg
Re: Winamp deletes "iPod's On the go" playlist on connection:

yes, also with b1568..
(yesterday I wrote always b1550 in place if b1568)

/edit: strange, now with same setup, the On-the-go playlist is not deleted...
more tests in progress

Last edited by flocksoft; 27th September 2007 at 14:29.
Old 27th September 2007, 13:18   #294
MaK77

a strange thing is happening in auto tagger, i have selected a bunch of MP3 (some hundred) in the ML and send to auto-tag.
For the majority of them there is no problem, but sometimes instead of showing the correct info it shows the nearest song info, so for example i have
artist - song1.mp3 => artist - song 2 (wrong)
artist - song2.mp3 => artist - song 2
the strange thing is that if i then open View file info on the wrong tagged file and call Auto-Tag it founds the correct infos (why it had not taken them on first sweep?) or says No Match Found (So where has it taken infos from?)...

Also i got a couple of crashes while using mass auto-tagging (Pure Virtual Call crashes, the program said "cannot create crash report" or something similar)
Old 27th September 2007, 14:30   #295
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Ecophreak
You're right-clicking album art icons and selecting 'Get Album Art', right?
To use the Auto-Tagger feature, right-click the titles (in the bottom Tracks pane or Playlist), not the icons, and select "Send To > Auto-Tag"

@dkordik
Probably related to new DWM Thumbnail support for Modern skins.
We've since removed that code internally, because it was causing too many problems/crashes.

@Akdor 1154
I'm pretty certain that all of those issues are related to the 2nd and 3rd entries in the Known Issues section of the first post.
Notice the red star after both entries (fixed internally).
Please let us know if you can still reproduce any of those issues with the next 5.5 public preview and/or final release (I know I can't with latest internal beta).

@Auren
If you can write up and send me a better Russian translation, we'll use that.

@flocksoft
See Will's reply in the thread you linked to further up the page.

@MaK77
Auto-Tag mismatches are referenced in the Known Bugs/Issues section of the first post, and are marked as fixed for the next build.
I'm not sure about the crashes. The crash logs (_crash.log & _crash.dmp) might have been created in your C:\ root folder (assuming you haven't changed the dir in the Error Feedback settings in Winamp Prefs). If there, please zip them up and attach to your next post here.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:37   #296
MaK77

Quote:

I'm not sure about the crashes. The crash logs (_crash.log & _crash.dmp) might have been created in your C:\ root folder (assuming you haven't changed the dir in the Error Feedback settings in Winamp Prefs).
No, sorry, i don't have any log file in my root, even if i have not touched error feedback config. However i got those crashes in a moment where the gracenot service was probably not available (i suppose it was unreachable at that moment since the same file got me results after some minutes). It crashed three times, doing the same thing (select a bunch of files and send to auto-tag). after some minutes everything came back to normal, without crash.
This is a different crash from that of DWM, i was able to restart winamp immediately and no problem on the OS itself.
Old 27th September 2007, 19:54   #297
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by Dipso
It doesn't work. It fails to register, Only know workaround is to kill itype(intellitype process) run winamp, go to settings and then start itype again.

This only works until next reboot.

Media keys work perfectly with other apps, like zoomplayer. so it has to be something with the way its implemented in winamp, in combination with changes done to the appcomands system in windows vista.
I don't have that issue in Vista. Turning on Global Hotkeys was all that was necessary. So it might be a conflict with the intellitype program.
Old 27th September 2007, 22:47   #298
xamphear

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be any way to build a view that hides compilations. There's no field in the dropdown list that represents the TCMP id3v2 field. I know it's not standard, but hey, lots of apps support it.

I then tried to outsmart things, by building a view where it listed all files except those where !(albumartist == artist) but you can't compare two fields, just a field against a value.

At any rate, I'd sure like a way to hide compilations from a view!
Old 27th September 2007, 22:58   #299
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
[Never mind, confused ATF with the querys]

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!

Last edited by Sawg; 27th September 2007 at 23:14.
Old 27th September 2007, 23:35   #300
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by xamphear
I then tried to outsmart things, by building a view where it listed all files except those where !(albumartist == artist) but you can't compare two fields, just a field against a value.
The abilty to compare fields in SmartView queries is on the wishlist and logged here.
Quote:
Originally posted by xamphear
At any rate, I'd sure like a way to hide compilations from a view!
Have you consistently tagged your compilations with a value of
"Various Artists" in the Album Artist field?

If so, you could use a query of where:
Album Artist does NOT equal "Various Artists"

Last edited by jph6t; 28th September 2007 at 01:35.
Old 28th September 2007, 03:55   #301
xamphear

Quote:
Originally posted by jph6t
Have you consistently tagged your compilations with a value of "Various Artists" in the Album Artist field?
I thought about it, but I rather like my method of using the Album title as the Album Artist. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Old 28th September 2007, 05:51   #302
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Then you've got no-one else but yourself to blame :-D

Album Artist = Album Artist
Artist = Track Artist
Album = Album Title

Album Artist is usually the same as Track Artist,
unless it's a compilation, where it becomes something like:
Various
Various Artists
V/A

Do it the right way, problem solved :-)
Old 28th September 2007, 10:02   #303
toology

There is an issue I've been having with auto tagger (which is amongst others a wonderful feature that made me switch from foobar2k).

When I send a whole album to auto tagger, sometimes it mixes up the tags. Example: on Tool's Salival album it marks Third Eye as You Lied and You lied as Pushit etc. In a nutshell it recognized the album but mixes up which song is which. Now this is probably a Gracenote problem but I hope that it can be fixed.

Thanks for a fantastic new Winamp!

PS: Will you enable the users to change the size of the player and playlist in bentoo skin? My monitor is at 1280x1024 so the controls and the playlist are too tiny and I'd like to control their size like I can with the media library.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:31   #304
soulstace

Re: Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 2 (Build 1568)

@toology

Please check the first post before reporting bugs.

Quote:

Known Bugs/Issues:

-Mass Auto-Tagger sometimes might come up with mismatched results (eg. titles are the same or mixed up for different tracks on same album) *

* = Fixed internally
FYI, the playlist can be enlarged in the Bento skin. While in full mode, use the Enlarge Playlist button in the bottom right corner of the playlist. You can also drag the separator to the left.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:56   #305
Franky_B

I have a lot of different songs in one directory. So it would be great if winamp could write albumcovers to the id tag. When saving it as folder.jpg, all songs (that don't have an own cover in the id tag) are shown with this cover.

This is not a bug report, but a wish!

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Wish granted. Save as %AlbumTitle%.jpg
Old 28th September 2007, 12:21   #306
Stone Free

Re: Re: Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 2 (Build 1568)

Quote:
Originally posted by soulstace
FYI, the playlist can be enlarged in the Bento skin. While in full mode, use the Enlarge Playlist button in the bottom right corner of the playlist. You can also drag the separator to the left. [/B]
What about the area with the Visualisations it seems such a pity to have a small horizontal area.
Old 28th September 2007, 15:22   #307
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
You can put the visulations in the bottom area where the Media Library is too.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 28th September 2007, 18:39   #308
vjacques

sorry if it was mentioned before, randomly getting this error:

Winamp client version: 5.5 build 1568 Beta
winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module in_cue.dll at 001b:00e1ed4e.

Exception handler called in Winamp.
Old 28th September 2007, 18:53   #309
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

vjacques: third party plugins are not supported here.

but maybe your in_cue is old and buggy.
try 0.57c
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=256908

who knows, maybe the plugin needs updating again.
Old 28th September 2007, 20:00   #310
pepanee

Hi, i'm wondering if this feature is implementable in this version before it comes out:
===
I'm wondering if you can somehow include an option in "Winamp Preferences -> General Preferences -> Playlist"
which would be a complex version of shuffling songs in a playlist. Let's take one of my playlists, for example my "Rap/Hip-Hop" playlist. Whenever I add songs to that playlist, i add the newest songs on top. But since the playlist gets bigger and bigger over time and I play this playlist using the shuffle option, i mostly start listening to my older stuff that are around ~500 songs down the list or what not.

So, i'm wondering if you can make a feature in which you may set a certain settable amount of songs (for example: 20) from the top of the playlist to play a settable percentage amount: (for example: 75% of the time), compared to the rest of the playlist.
So in simpler words, 3 songs from the first 20 songs, and 1 song from the rest of the playlist plays, at random.

Or you can check this out:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...e/playlist.jpg
I mean this would be one version out of many other 'designs' of how to play playlists. i mean, you can mess around with that image and come up with another way of playling songs.. for example, the reverse, where u can play the oldest more, and the newest less. but who's gonna do that

!!my playlists, though, depend on what's on top of the playlist list, since i erase most of the ID3 tags, REMOVING the year of the song's release date!!

---

i have more ideas of how to set up the way the shuffle songs would play too. i mean, personally, i think this is not a bad idea at all, and i bet a lot of people would probably agree as of today's logic and today's technology. its a lot of work for sure! but i mean, its worth it, simple, yet variable.

hope you consider this idea, and approve of it somehow in some way.

Im wondering if you can include this feature aside from having a 'smart playlist'.

===
if it has been implemented in this version, thanks!
Old 28th September 2007, 20:57   #311
Serophos

Autotagger / Replay Gain calculation

Is it possible to make the autotagger and replay-gain-calculation non-blocking to work in background, so I can continue to use Winamp while updating thousands of files with these tools? Would come in handy.
Old 28th September 2007, 21:21   #312
only_johhny

Sorry if this has been mentioned (didn't see it on the first page), but the ability to drag and drop from the playlist editor to a playlist would be really handy. It's kinda tedious having to right click and go through the menus.
Old 29th September 2007, 00:02   #313
ernstblaauw

Today I tried to convert a midi to wav. It is not enough to change the output to 'diskwriter'; also the internal renderer of the midi plugin should be changed. I think that's a little bit strange, as the 'input' part should have nothing to do with the 'output' part. (All input files should be treated according to the output setting.) Is it possible to change this?
Old 29th September 2007, 00:41   #314
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ernstblaauw
Hmm... are you referring to the "DirectMusic / Microsoft Synthesizer (with output)" device in in_midi config? If yes, then that is the recommended device/method for using with DiskWriter Output to do MIDI to WAV. Infact, it's probably the only method which (kinda) works, and has been like that for a few years now.

@only_johhny
Would be nice. But isn't going to happen for this release...
There's the Drag N Drop plugin (which alas, is shareware).

@Serophos
As far as I can tell, the RG Calc & Results dialogs are both already non-blocking.
I agree about the mass Auto-Tagger dialog though....

@pepanee
That looks more like a request for the Wishlist
Old 29th September 2007, 04:12   #315
ecereb

v5.5 build 1568 - Apple iPod Classic not playing songs that were dragged to playlist.

Apple iPod Classic Model: MB150LL

Problem is with both iPod software Version 1.0.0 PC and Version 1.0.1 PC

Computer Duo Core Pentium with Windows Vista 64 bit

I've had WinAmp for several years and…It kicks…

This past week, I took delivery on a 160G iPod Classic. After 5 minutes with iTunes, I downloaded WinAmp v5.5 build 1568 beta (x86 version). I read that I would need this to access the iPod Classic.

Note. I did not plug the iPod in with iTunes running.

The iPod worked with WinAmp right out of the box. No drives or nothing.

I loaded several songs on the iPod and the iPod played them. I then created a bunch of playlists on the iPod and loaded (transferred) a bunch of stuff.

All was well until I went to play the music on the iPod itself. The tunes I dragged from one of my WinAmp playlists like Classical under Local Media directly into the iPod under portables will play. But if I create a playlist on the iPod using WinAmp and then I drag songs to that playlist, they won’t play.

The songs show up both on the iPod and in the play list on WinAmp. I can even select them and play them with WinAmp, but not with the iPod. The iPod just sits there at the playing screen with the time bar and time not incrementing. This happens when I either select the song on the iPod from a playlist or from a menu such as album or artist.

I terminated WinAmp and started iTunes. I opened a file and included (imported) it into the library in iTunes. I then dragged that song to a playlist on the iPod. I ejected the iPod and found that I could play the song on the iPod. This works for either MP3s or WAV Files.

The file types on the iPod under J:\iPod_Control\Music\F.. folders are both WAV and MP3.

Another thing I noticed is that when I plug in the iPod into iTunes, certain playlists double up. These are Audoibooks, Movies, Music, and sometimes another playlist. I deleted them using WinAmp, but when I plug it back into iTunes, it puts the duplicates back.

Hope you can help. Because I have over 7400 songs on the iPod, if I have to load each song into the main Music Playlist, go and find them and then send them to their respective playlist, well this won’t be worth the effort.

Winamp, kep up the excellent work.

Thanks
eCereb
Old 29th September 2007, 08:38   #316
ernstblaauw

@DJ Egg:
Yes, I'm referring to that setting. It's possible it is already for quite some time like this, but I stumbled upon it yesterday. For me, it is counterintuitive and that's why I'm posting this here. (I understand it's maybe not a (top) priority.)
Old 29th September 2007, 13:40   #317
Stone Free

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Free
What about the area with the Visualisations it seems such a pity to have a small horizontal area.[/B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Sawg
You can put the visulations in the bottom area where the Media Library is too.
Thanks, thats good. It would still be good however to be able to expand the top section, as the playlist is still quite small, when using visulisations where the media library goes and expanding the playlist the area, the playlist is too long.

No pleasing some people is there
Old 29th September 2007, 13:46   #318
Ojay

Quote:
Please let us know if you can still reproduce any of those issues with the next 5.5 public preview and/or final release (I know I can't with latest internal beta).
a last beta please - most of the bug reports come within the first two days after each release (and build 1568 is now very old) and you do not want to celebrate "10 years of Winamp crashes" - do you?
Old 29th September 2007, 13:48   #319
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Hey.. Time for me again :P

1. "-Winamp Modern winshade songticker: padding & shadow on first/last char issues *"

Does this mean the songticker in the normal window to? The padding and SPACING issue I have told you about? Is it fixed?

2. Will there be another beta (preview 3), or will we get the 5.5 Final next time?
I think it would be great if we could test it before final release.. :P And soon, it is october...
Old 29th September 2007, 14:01   #320
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Kn0tte

1. Hmm. What's wrong with the Winamp Modern songticker in Normal mode?
Can you post links to before (eg. v5.35) & after screenshots?

2. Maybe ;-)

@ernstblaauw
Correct, in_midi is not top priority right now.

@Ojay
The vorbis editor 'delete all' crash is fixed internally.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion