Old 9th October 2007, 04:21   #321
Mecha25

Re: More customizable options for Bento skin please

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Bytes
It would be nice if we can move the panels around within Bento skin. Like a simple drag and drop can move the actual Player form being left most, to center, to right most. Also I like to have my play list on the bottom of the player itself (so have everything movable will be awesome. Which such feature, no one can complain that they don't like the position of their things as they can move everything the way they want it, it's like a personalized program. OR have Bento skin as the detachable as well, but make sure that the caption bars are not thicker then the current modern skin, as else it will be way to beefy.

Also it would be nice to be able to be able to remove tabs or create or own tab (so that we have the equalizer in it, and not have it scale down in size where it's totally invisible and unreadable like it is now.

Also have the ability to remove the photo album window.

@GoodBytes: this might be a tad bulky for you, but it'll do all that and a sack of fish. Shout out here for my personal favorite skin, works like a charm under 5.5 betas and 5.35. Doesn't use the new album art, but its older method still works acceptably.

http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/147874

Enjoy!

EDIT:
*looks at homepage...*
*sees timer...*
*BACKFLIPS!!!*

woohoo!
Old 9th October 2007, 04:21   #322
Good_Bytes

In Bento skin, it would be nice to have the test scroll in Winamp player smoothly, like in the old modern skin. Because now it's really hard to read as it jumps pixels.
Old 9th October 2007, 04:31   #323
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Bytes
In Bento skin, it would be nice to have the test scroll in Winamp player smoothly, like in the old modern skin. Because now it's really hard to read as it jumps pixels.
I suggest the same thing... Btw, as said in an earlier post by myself, the playlist editor in Winshade scrolls very smoothly but not the main window (in modern skin) !!! Even many other skins do scroll smooth!

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 9th October 2007, 05:24   #324
Zero2FiftyIn4

I've finally gotten around to using the auto-tagger. I must say I love this feature. Years of downloading files and not keeping up on correcting the tags was driving me insane. Now I can get everything titled correctly as I very OCD all of a sudden about correct names.

"It is, in the end, whatever the Hell I want it to be,
And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole,
This wide, straight through the worlds own idea of itself.
They're throwing bottles at your house.
Come on, lets go break their arms."
Old 9th October 2007, 05:38   #325
shozawog

I didn't get an answer to my previous question, it's been many years and there is still no option to "sort playlist by date modified of file"

Will this be included in the final 5.5?

Cheers
Old 9th October 2007, 11:54   #326
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
I suggest the same thing... Btw, as said in an earlier post by myself, the playlist editor in Winshade scrolls very smoothly but not the main window (in modern skin) !!! Even many other skins do scroll smooth!
Hmn, other skins do scroll smooth because it is the old version/code of the songticker (which has no "Classic" scroller style). In Winamp 5.5 it is a new code (as I understand). I like the new songticker.. It is the same as in classic skins..
If you set it at "Classic" scroller style, it will be the same as in classic skins (2x & 5x..)..
It would have been fine if it has been scrolling smooth, but I like it as it is now..
I love the songticker in the classic skins, therefore I love the one in the new modern skin.
It is only one thing who remains, and that is that the new songticker would be implemented in winshade mode too (so we can use classic scroller style there too - and we would get the same options as in the main window)..

I want to say thank you to the DEVs, since you have done alot for the songticker in WA 5.5.. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@ soulstace & Kn0tte
There is no default EQ preset, you have to save one first.
Yeah, I know it's a bit funky, but it's always been like that.
eg. if you reset the EQ to flat, then go to: presets > save > default,
that is what will load when you go to: presets > load > default.

@Kn0tte
As stated in my (edited) previous post, I can't reproduce either of your two issues on a clean install of the latest internal build, so am assuming that they are both already fixed. We shall see...

Re: build 1600
I don't think I ever even installed it, tbph ;-)
Heh, ok... Thank you for clearing up that EQ-thing.. But an option to "Reset to default" would be nice (if we want it as when we do a clean install).. Now we have to click on each slider and set them to the middle (which can be hard).. Note this one down for a future release

As for build 1600... OK... I was just a little bit afraid since you have tried it before with build 1600, and you did not get the problems... But I hope they are gone when FINAL will be released..

Last edited by Kn0tte; 9th October 2007 at 12:10.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:54   #327
Znyper2

Would this be possible to incorporate in any future versions?

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....02#post2241102

That is: The possibility write & add additional "multi content view" views? I.e. to use that space for a plugins's "settings" GUI?
Old 9th October 2007, 14:59   #328
logaen

I'm testing the new 5.5 build 1600 beta...
The most part of my album cover art 80%(embeed in ID3v1 & ID3v2.3) dosen't work. What can I do?
Old 9th October 2007, 15:59   #329
djathlon

I think the Media library is much too dominant. I cant really get it out of view.
How about displaying only the play-window and the playlist, without media library and browser and video window (-tabs)? I cant manage doing this.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:13   #330
Barisko

Sort of 'bug', but more a suggestion for improvement:

During install I choose NOT to install Winamp Agent.
After install, the 'first time setup' appears. On step 2 (setting file associations) on the bottom I can choose to run Winamp Agent at startup even though it is not installed.
I think this option should be grayed out when Winamp Agent is not installed.

Barisko
Old 9th October 2007, 16:37   #331
taber
Winamp Team

Quote:
Originally posted by djathlon
I think the Media library is much too dominant. I cant really get it out of view.
How about displaying only the play-window and the playlist, without media library and browser and video window (-tabs)? I cant manage doing this.
all you have to do is click the little "up arrow" button in the bottom right of the skin, next to the resizer! woo!

WINAMP
Old 9th October 2007, 16:40   #332
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Kn0tte
Ohhh, I assumed you already knew that to reset the EQ to flat, you just click the '0'.
Load default is just for loading whatever you save as your own personal default.

@logaen
Please see Known Bugs/Issues section of first post

All other posts/comments noted
Old 9th October 2007, 16:50   #333
logaen

Quote:
Please see Known Bugs/Issues section of first post
Ok maybe it will be fixed in the final version! Thanx man ...

This version of Winamp is so beautiful and useful!
Old 9th October 2007, 17:06   #334
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
@Kn0tte
Ohhh, I assumed you already knew that to reset the EQ to flat, you just click the '0'.
Load default is just for loading whatever you save as your own personal default.
Hehe, ops... Nice, then I can set what I want to default.. Cool But a "Reset EQ" in that Presets menu would be nice. People may not know about that "0" (I know it now... :P)..

Looking forward to 5.5 Final (I see the timer on the home page) =)
Old 9th October 2007, 17:37   #335
soulstace

I had forgot about that "0" trick too. Thanks for the reminder DJ!

One thing I noticed about it however, is that on clean install, the EQ isn't set to 0 flat in Bento (at least it doesn't appear to be). You can do the "0" trick and all the sliders appear to go down slightly. This could probably go in the list of minor cosmetic things to fix if you have some spare time.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:07   #336
TheUniqueTiger

Even I'm surprised how I never figured out how to simply set the EQ by the '0' trick! Thanks!

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 9th October 2007, 20:43   #337
jph6t
Major Dude

Winamp 5.5 is Coming!

Interesting counter on Winamp's home page ...

Last edited by jph6t; 9th October 2007 at 21:26.
Old 9th October 2007, 22:53   #338
DrO

you can never trust clocks/counters since someone always sets the time wrong to begin with

-daz
Old 9th October 2007, 23:14   #339
Good_Bytes

15hours...so I guess the feature I suggested won't be there... I guess maybe Winamp 6 will have it. Until then I'm still with good old Winamp 2 (free too without ads!)
Old 9th October 2007, 23:19   #340
Znyper2

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Bytes:
I'm still with good old Winamp 2 (free too without ads!)
So you're telling us you ask for features and don't even pay the $19.95 to support the development? Come on...
Old 9th October 2007, 23:42   #341
Good_Bytes

I support stuff I like... I don't like -> I don't pay, I don't click on ads as a support, I don't use.

Winamp 2 is the only player I like. As me clicking on ads and stuff doesn't go in developmental of Winamp 2 . I don't do it.

Currently the only thing I likes about this new Winamp, is:
- slighter faster startup compared to Winamp 5 and Winamp 3 (still not as fast as Winamp 2 but its now at a reasonable speed)
- The new skin look. Which has a lot of potential, but I think it lacks of major customizability. That is why I like Winamp 2 you can moves and scales things around. I know I can use older Winamp skin... but the player is slower to startup and moreover it offers me nothing that I'm interested in. They both run under Vista, they play MP3's. They both offer the same audio output quality (with or without hardware acceleration with my X-fi) nor offer any reduction in CPU usage from one or another.

So why upgrade?

MAYBE if someone does a Bento skin for the detachable window I'll be much more interested specially if it's very well done and offer the same features of the modern skin as the current Bento skin. Yea, I might even buy Winamp 5.5 per computer I have.

But for now, as it is not the case, I'll try Winamp 5.5 just to make sure that it's not in or have a bigger customizability rate with this new design, and has nothing else that I might be interest in. I'm currently 80% sure I'm not going to buy it. Maybe support (by clicking on ads every now and then) as it has... let's say potential.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:47   #342
Mecha25

dude, are you blind? I just posted this thing today: http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/147874
It's called Kameleon DUI, and it fixes all your complaints. At least try it out before you complain
Old 9th October 2007, 23:55   #343
Good_Bytes

WOOOOOW, sorry dude I didn't think the skin would be sooo cool!
I just had a bad experience with nice preview but having bad skin design.

My apologies!
Old 10th October 2007, 00:09   #344
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Good Bytes
I think you'll find that if the same list of equivalent plugins are in the Winamp5.5\Plugins folder as are in the Winamp2\Plugins folder, then Winamp 5.5 starts even faster than Winamp 2 did.
Old 10th October 2007, 00:10   #345
kagekonjou

Is it possible with the Final (or next release) to get more Bento tab functionality, that is, the tabs (Media Library, Video, etc.) can be edited (or rather, custom tabs can be added). I'd like to have the Local Media > Audio, Artist/Album Art view in one big tab, among other things.
Old 10th October 2007, 00:38   #346
DrO

the 'tabs' are just drawn buttons with fixed placement in the skin - they're really not even what a real tab is in the sense of other apps which use tabs in my opinion. i don't even know if something like that is currently possible with the modern skinning engine (all/any of it's component parts) as it stands. and really we've got more important issues related to the drawn buttons that will be seen with final to worry about

@Znyper2: the pro stuff doesn't really go towards development, is basically to cover licensing on a per user basis for things (and i remember when it was only $14.95, heh)

-daz
Old 10th October 2007, 03:46   #347
elfin

bug or feature?

i didn't install v5.5 at all, so i can't test it
but now i remember [bug?] that in v5.35 don't work Ctrl+B (end of list) hotkey when EQ is active in 'classic skin' mode. but Ctrl+Z work fine. i'm not sure this bug is present in 5.5

BIG THX 4 JOB TO DEV TEAM!

exuse me for bad english, plz
Old 10th October 2007, 03:48   #348
Mecha25

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
@Znyper2: the pro stuff doesn't really go towards development, is basically to cover licensing on a per user basis for things (and i remember when it was only $14.95, heh)

-daz
Then where can I send some money to pay the developers? You guys work hard and have to put up with all of us demanding crazy features all the time. I think you deserve some form of payment for that (btw, do you guys get paid for this stuff at all? Or is Winamp completely a volunteer project?
Old 10th October 2007, 04:10   #349
elfin

ha ha! i will never believe that hard work on Winamp is "volunteer project" (just devs hobby, which is unpayed at all). devs, plz, don't insult! coz anyway this team make great job! THX again!

and sorry for meddling in discussion
Old 10th October 2007, 05:00   #350
Good_Bytes

Waaait a second...

20$ US for Pro, but 27$ Canadian? Its supposed to be the same price The Canadian currency has equal value than the US $.
Old 10th October 2007, 07:04   #351
Pyros9

Questions & Praise

Question first....Installed ver 5.5 beta yeasterday and sometime during the install (I think) it moved about 10% of my music from the MyDocuments/MyMusic folder to C:\My Music. Anyone know why it did this?

Praise: Love the new look of the Bento skin. The operation of the program is much easier now.

Love the new way it searches for album art. Is there a way to have it search for ALL album art for every music file/album I have?

Another question: Some of the screen shots I saw over in the 5.5 colors thread show an "Album Art" selection in the Media Library section. Mine does not have this, is it a plugin? Or is it supposed to be part of 5.5?
Old 10th October 2007, 07:20   #352
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Pyros9

Winamp doesn't move any files, so I'm not sure what caused that. Sorry.
It's usually one of Windows Media Player or iTunes that does sneaky things like that, not Winamp.

Right-click the Local media tree item, and select "Add smart view".
You can create an 'Abum Art' view there, either by selecting 'Simple Album' from the presets, or by choosing a 2 or 3 pane filter, and selecting 'Album Art' for one of the panes (usually the 2nd or 3rd one, where the first one is 'Artist' or 'Album Artist').

Re: search for all art in one
Not if it needs to download them from the online database server.
If your art is stored locally as eg. cover.jpg, folder.jpg, %album%.jpg in the same folder as the album, then the 'Album Art' view you create in the ml will show them all...
Old 10th October 2007, 07:36   #353
Znyper2

Quote:
Originally posted by Mecha25:
Then where can I send some money to pay the developers? You guys work hard and have to put up with all of us demanding crazy features all the time. I think you deserve some form of payment for that (btw, do you guys get paid for this stuff at all? Or is Winamp completely a volunteer project?
I also want to know...

This is without a doubt a superb app to say the least. Not many other applications even have the possibility to request or even bug report and get the bugs fixed in a reasonable amount of time. I have tested numerous (yes, more than 10-15) applications to do the work I want done regarding finding/playing my music, and WinAmp has like 98% of those built-in!! I thought it was really cheap at $20, so I "bought" it. At least I thought so.

If I could send you (the Dev Team) a little something to make you happier, I would!
Old 10th October 2007, 07:44   #354
Znyper2

Re: Questions & Praise

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyros9
Question first....Installed ver 5.5 beta yeasterday and sometime during the install (I think) it moved about 10% of my music from the MyDocuments/MyMusic folder to C:\My Music. Anyone know why it did this?
1. WinAmp doesn't move files, just as DJ Egg replied.
2. It does put things _by default_ in C:\My Music (if I remember correctly) if you either rip a CD or use the format converter. This output path is changable in the rip settings and the directory will contains the NEW files. The original file(s) are still where they are supposed to!
Old 10th October 2007, 07:52   #355
wesderby

Send a message via Yahoo to wesderby
Trouble With Winamp Pro Beta

Hi All.

First, thanks to DJ Egg for moving my last error reports to Stashbox...Couldn't quite make that site work with my screenreader.

Here's the new problem. To see if it would solve the crashing problems, I uninstalled and reinstalled Winamp. Oddly, even though I picked Pro, it didn't ask me for my key, though when I select "Winamp Pro" from "Preferences", it shows that I have a valid 5.0 key and all is well. However, when I get down to the CD Ripping settings, all my encoders, except for WAV and WMA are gone. I've even tried re-entering my registration key, and they're still gone from both the CD ripping options and the transcoder options.

So, what I'm wondering is, how do I restore all the codecs? In the old installer, it offered that as an option, saying it would download any encoders you didn't already have...I didn't hear/see this in the new installer, and am wondering if it was left out, or if my screenreader didn't "see" it, or what I need to do to get the various encoders restored so I can take full advantage of Pro.

Thanks.
Old 10th October 2007, 08:03   #356
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

<-------------------- cut here ------------------->

And here ends the beta testing phase....

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed and helped us quash bugs.

Winamp 5.5 Final Released
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=278538

I suggest you go get a good dose of Milkdrop 2 :-)
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion