Old 11th October 2007, 19:29   #81
Xezzy

Seriously, its the best version since 2.xx. Great media library, better than in iTunes, fast media browsing, auto-tagging, great look and feel, customizable and intuitive interface. Its way better than crappy wmp or fat iTunes.

Off course there are few BIG bugs like completly useless web browser, dashboard (for now), also i had 2 crashes (in first day of using lol), caused by badly tagged mp3s (wmp has no problem with it). But now i fixed this and everything works perfectly, if u wont use browser off course

Waiting for 6.0 and using 5.5 for now cause there are no other alternatives.
Old 11th October 2007, 19:47   #82
soulstace

Just because you think the browser is useless, it doesn't count as a "BIG bug". There has to be something wrong with it programmatically. If there is, you need to elaborate more to help the developers.

@DJ Egg

Thanks for your reply. So I take it we may need to wait until 5.51 for icons fix?
Old 11th October 2007, 20:13   #83
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
You can choose to not install the Dashboard.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 11th October 2007, 21:00   #84
Xezzy

Yeah, but the price was the same.
Old 11th October 2007, 22:20   #85
konan

i think i found what caused strange cpu usage - netlimiter 1.29
after i shut it down, the cpu usage is stable at 0%. yay!
Old 11th October 2007, 22:34   #86
soulstace

Quote:
Originally posted by Xezzy
Yeah, but the price was the same.
Just because your box of Lucky Charms comes with a free toy inside does not mean you actually have to play with it.
Old 11th October 2007, 22:36   #87
Stone Free

Still cannot see Album art in AAC files that is present when viewing via iTunes/5.5 iPod.

The "Format Info" section of the file info's Basic Info tab says:

Track Type Info
1 MPEG-4 AAC LC
2 od Object Descriptors
3 scene BIFS

P.S Has anyone else found that ever since running the beta versions that the sound quality seems to have improved immeasurably?
Old 11th October 2007, 23:09   #88
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Did you ever provide us with a link to a sample file during beta stage?
Old 11th October 2007, 23:38   #89
synthetiq

i guess i found a small bug in final version:
using big bento (and bento too, i guess) do
right click over winamp; options; playlist; the ("v") behind "show album art if playlist is enlarged" is always checked, and i cant uncheck it.

2) also with the ML collapsed, click "collapse playlist and it flickers. i had already said this for preview 3.
Old 11th October 2007, 23:42   #90
Stone Free

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Did you ever provide us with a link to a sample file during beta stage?
Nope, when I asked the question in the beta you said that it might work correctly in the final version
Old 12th October 2007, 00:02   #91
soulstace

@synthetiq

I haven't been able to reproduce the Playlist problem with either version of Bento. :\

I don't think #2 is a bug, but rather just a minor cosmetic issue with the skin.
Old 12th October 2007, 01:19   #92
vjacques

can the "silence remover" settings affect the audioscrobbler? looking at the log it seems like it's having troubles detecting the gap between some of the tracks. any more experimental versions we can try, DrO? again, it was working perfectly in beta 2...
Old 12th October 2007, 04:43   #93
Zero2FiftyIn4

Quote:
Originally posted by vjacques
can the "silence remover" settings affect the audioscrobbler? looking at the log it seems like it's having troubles detecting the gap between some of the tracks. any more experimental versions we can try, DrO? again, it was working perfectly in beta 2...
After it worked perfectly for 12 songs the scrobbler broke on me again. I thought along the same lines as you and tried the silence remover setting and even the buffer. It still won't detect the song. This is frustrating. I even tried the stand alone last.fm client to see if that would work and it wont even work with that.

"It is, in the end, whatever the Hell I want it to be,
And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole,
This wide, straight through the worlds own idea of itself.
They're throwing bottles at your house.
Come on, lets go break their arms."
Old 12th October 2007, 05:20   #94
TheUniqueTiger

@soulstace: Oops, sorry, I meant to reply to Kn0tte... (1st page, last post)

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 12th October 2007, 07:16   #95
PC Gamer
Banned

This final version is good, but the modern skin timers resolution is slow
@ 15ms & I set text scroll speed slider to faster, but it very slow, 5.35 was very faster.
But classic skin spectrum analyzer speed is great.
What's wrong, huh?
Old 12th October 2007, 08:38   #96
hugo25

Bug in french version, the media library (mediatheque) is always load on the view local media.
In standard version, the media library is load on the last view used.

Another little bug, when I choose french language, i must change manually language in the plugin 'Jump to file', and choose 'auto' to have winamp totally in french.
Old 12th October 2007, 09:00   #97
DrO

i'll check out the first one (though that really shouldn't be happening otherwise i'm sure others would have flagged it up by now). is it just the local media item that's reselected or is it local media\audio?

the second is not a bug as that is intended design. before 5.5 there is no 'auto' mode and it was a custom set option, with 5.5 'auto' is now available but you have to set it to that manually since it was safer to do that than mess up with peoples existing settings. the only thing is that on clean installs it should be setting the option to auto but with the time i had to get that build of the jtfe plugin sorted, just having anything working is better than nothing, heh

-daz
Old 12th October 2007, 09:18   #98
hugo25

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i'll check out the first one (though that really shouldn't be happening otherwise i'm sure others would have flagged it up by now). is it just the local media item that's reselected or is it local media\audio?
-daz
When winamp in french start, local media item is reselected instead of last view.
If I selected the view local media\audio and I restart winamp, local media is selected.
Old 12th October 2007, 10:47   #99
DrO

hmm, well i'm not in a position to check it out at the moment but will post back once i can.

one thing, does the order of the items in the media library tree stay the same if you change languages (bar any of the online media related ones) - just trying to work out if it's related to some last minute changes i did to the code or not.

-daz
Old 12th October 2007, 10:59   #100
hugo25

Quote:
Originally posted by hugo25
When winamp in french start, local media item is reselected instead of last view.
If I selected the view local media\audio and I restart winamp, local media is selected.
And if I selected English in the same version, bug doesn't appear.
Old 12th October 2007, 12:27   #101
Wizard of OS

Send a message via ICQ to Wizard of OS
Just wanted to say a HUGE THX to all guys who code Winamp.
I use it since pre version 1 and Winamp 5.5 is better THAN ever.

Thank you guys so much. Keep doing this great job!

Btw, I can't hide the file info pane just like the ML or PL :-(
Old 12th October 2007, 16:50   #102
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Not sure where to post this, but...

Using the Bento skin, when I click the Browser Tab, is there any way to set the browser to default to the Homepage I have set instead of this:

Bento Browser 1

I can click the Homepage button and bring up the one I have set (SHOUTcast),
but the url address box goes back to: http://cdn.atwola.com/_media/uac/tcode.html

Bento Browser 2

For DrO...
With the Bento skin, Alt-I brings down the "View" menu
instead of the Edit Bookmark Category dialog box.
But if you go to File > Play Bookmark > it shows "Add current as bookmark (Alt + I)"
Following that path, it brings up the Edit Bookmark Category box to add a bookmark.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Wow, that photobucket site is slow. Changed links to stashbox instead :-)

[Edit: Thanks DJ Egg :-)]

And...I'm now getting a "JPEG Error - Premature end of JPEG file".
Never saw that before.

Last edited by papadoc; 12th October 2007 at 18:29.
Old 12th October 2007, 19:14   #103
synthetiq

Please update the AVS visualisations pack, include new visualisations in next upgrade of winamp.
Bento deserves better visualisations.
Old 12th October 2007, 19:24   #104
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
I am not sure if this is a bug or a "feature" But I thought I would report it anyway.

Start with an album that has an album artist of Various Artist (or whatever naming convention you are using) and different Track Artists
I am using the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack as an example.
In the built in Audio view...
If you click on the album art it will play the album in Track# order.

Now...
Right click "Local Media" select "New Smart View", choose the "Simple Album" preset, click ok.
Click the right toolbar button (just to the left of search) and choose Album Art -> Large Icon
If you click on the album art it will play the album in TrackArtist alphebetical order.

Thanks for this awesome new version of Winamp. This has been awesome with all of the new features.
Old 12th October 2007, 19:47   #105
DrO

@hugo25: i've repro'd the issue now tho i'm not 100% on it's cause still since it's saving out and reading in the correct information (since the polish, dutch, italian & german langpacks have the same information to be saved and re-read for the lastview). will be looked at for 5.51

@synthetiq: that's why there's milkdrop2 (though that needs more presets since it was only finished just before the 5.5 release went out of the door). and it's down to avs'ers to come up with new presets to go in (but since most are complaining avs is dead, etc i doubt we'll see enough - the new forum pack has taken long enough and it's still not done *shrugs* )

@papadoc: i'll have to have a check of things for that since the main window menu shortcuts by design will override everything else (the same happens with the modern skin main window and the alt+i shortcut) but it is working a bit too well with the pledit (it should really only be handling shortcuts not already defined/processed). 1+ on the todo checkout list i guess, heh

-daz
Old 12th October 2007, 21:02   #106
danburd

timer bug?

I have the timer set to count down to zero rather than starting from zero at the beginning of each song. When the song nears the end, the timer goes blank when it should say -0:01. Then it comes back to display 0:00. This happens only with the bento skin but it happens each and every time. Can anyone else reproduce this?
Old 12th October 2007, 21:36   #107
soulstace

Happens here too danburd.

@Wizard of OS.

You should be able to hide both the Playlist and Media library. Right-click on Winamp and uncheck them in the context menu. (Maybe you already know this but thought I'd mention it again for those who don't)

BTW, I just noticed "Media Library" in the context menu isn't checked sometimes, even when it is indeed open. Toggle Media Library in the context menu, until you see Bento in small mode (mode between Full and Windowshade). Then click the "Expand Window" button at the bottom of Bento. Now look in the context menu again and "Media Library" won't be checked.

Also, from the context menu, try selecting both Equalizer and Skin Settings. Now uncheck one of them. The other one will still be checked even though it isn't being shown, but rather File Info is.

Last edited by soulstace; 12th October 2007 at 21:58.
Old 12th October 2007, 21:51   #108
DrO

i think it's always done that (winamp modern does it as well) and i think it's a long standing quirk of the modern skin engine - classic skins aren't affected so is probably a delay or something with the querying of the current playback position. will have a look when possible since i can see it as being annoying though i think with the way that the gapless playback works is the cause of this so it may even have to be one of those things to just live with but will see...

-daz
Old 12th October 2007, 22:28   #109
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Small design flaw in Bento & Bento Big Windowshade.

When having the "old" Modern Skin in winshade mode as a docked toolbar to the top of the screen and with "Auto Hide" function enabled, I coud simply move my mouse to the upper right pixel of the screen and click to close the currently active Window (e.g., a Browser etc.). Winamp did NOT come up.

Now with Bento & Bento Big, when doing so, it doesn't close the Window but instead focuses the (still hidden) Winamp Windowshade toolbar.

This is because in the "Winamp modern" skin, the corners were rounded and the upper right pixel was not in the window region, therefore one could easily close the underlying window.

Please, could you find a way to do this also in Bento? Because I want to close maximized Browserwindows etc. by just moving the mouse to upper right corner and clicking, not having to aim at the window's close button and not to touch the upper screen border - because Winamp would pop up!

Best regards,
kzuse

PS: There are many many mistakes in the German translations. There are even fantasy words that do not exist; or they mixed up things ("Left to right" was translated as "right to left"), even "EasyMove" was translated to a term that, back in English, would read "Edit Title Info". Weird. Well, if I find some time I could make a list with mistakes or even fix them myself, but
1. I don't know if that has not already been done,
2. I don't know if people want that, and where to post it?,
3. Currently... I don't *have* time
Old 12th October 2007, 22:44   #110
MrX_1980

Send a message via ICQ to MrX_1980
Media Library -> Now Playing

MainPC: ASUS M4N82 Deluxe; AMD Phenom 1090T BE; 2x 2GB EX2-4800P2-SX; Gigabyte GT650 Ti, Samsung HD103SJ, SyncMaster 204BM und 225BW
TestPC: Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro; AMD Athlon 64 Venice 3200+; 2x 1GB MDT DDR-400-CL2; Club3D HD4670 AGP; Samsung HD103SJ, SyncMaster 204BM oder NEC VT48
Old 12th October 2007, 22:54   #111
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by kzuse
PS: There are many many mistakes in the German translations. There are even fantasy words that do not exist; or they mixed up things ("Left to right" was translated as "right to left"), even "EasyMove" was translated to a term that, back in English, would read "Edit Title Info". Weird. Well, if I find some time I could make a list with mistakes or even fix them myself, but
1. I don't know if that has not already been done,
2. I don't know if people want that, and where to post it?,
3. Currently... I don't *have* time
see this for reporting lang pack issues, etc (is like no one is paying any attention to my posts... runs around slapping everyone if they can't see me ). basically yes we know and i'm really starting to wonder how it was allowed through since i was under the impression that the german lang pack was one of the better tested ones *shrugs*

-daz
Old 12th October 2007, 23:46   #112
Wizard of OS

Send a message via ICQ to Wizard of OS
soulstace,

I don't want to toggle neither ML nor PL. I want to toggle the file info pane
Old 12th October 2007, 23:47   #113
synthetiq

please someone try this in big bento skin (final WA 5.5):
right click over WA; options; songthicker...and the "modern songthicker scrooling" is always checked in my system, even if i change to classic songticker the "modern songthicker scrooling" is allways checked ( i mean with a "v" behind )

thankx

ps: by the way, i LIKE BOTH bento skins...
Old 12th October 2007, 23:58   #114
soulstace

synthetiq,

Tried it. For me, it is not always checked.

Vista Ultimate (32bit), WA 5.5 build 1640 (English), Big Bento skin

Wizard of OS,

Gotcha. I tried that before as well, but it doesn't seem to be possible atm.
Old 13th October 2007, 02:08   #115
only_johhny

Easymove doesn't seem to work with the Bento skin. You can only move the window by dragging the titlebar. There's a whole long section at the bottom that could have been used to move the window also. Also, this has been posted already but detachable and resizable windows are really needed. Skin looks great though.

Do you guys have a lot of admiration for the Japanese culture? Because you like to name parts of Winamp that are related to it--Wasabi and Bento and Bukkake. Ok I made that last one up.
Old 13th October 2007, 02:10   #116
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Bento is a Single User Interface skin, the keyword being "Single"
If you want detachable windows, try the normal Modern Skin, or one of the hundreds of other skins.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 13th October 2007, 13:35   #117
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Winamp Essentials Pack v5.5a Final released:

Downloads: | Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 | Mirror 3

Full Changelog

Changelog:

* New: Timerestore & Autoplay plug-in from Darren Owen
* New: Winamp3 Playlist Sidecar for Winamp's Modern Skin from martin.deimos
* New: [Installer] PortugueseBR translation from Cleiton
* New: [Installer] Portuguese translation by synthetiq
* Removed: ml_lite_n from the installer (this functionallity is now part of Winamp)
* Improved: [Installer] installer will delete ml_lite_n.dll, to keep your installation folder clean
* Improved: [Installer] simplified the section descriptions system again
* Improved: [Installer] installer shows compile date and time at bottom
* Improved: [Installer] improved some parts of the German, Spanish and Turkish translations
* Improved: [Installer] removed credits from the section descriptions
* Fixed: [Installer] small typo in English Welcome Page (5.5 Beta related issue)
* Updated: Lite-n (gen_nopro) to v1.4 (info)
* Updated: Nullsoft Waveform Wrapper to v1.01 (info)
* Updated: Skins In Submenu to v1.9.1
* Updated: [enc_vorbis] to fit with the new Winamp translation system
* Updated: [Installer] Polish, Spanish, Turkish, Russian, French and German translations to v1.06
* Updated: [Installer] to NSIS v2.31

Guys, I'm so sorry for the delay.

I'm still looking for Essentials Pack translations, if you're able to translate the installer in your language, take a look at this thread:

Looking for Essentials Pack translations

Enjoy,
Chris

[Edit]Recompiled with NSIS 2.31 to make DrO happy. :P

Last edited by Koopa; 13th October 2007 at 15:11.
Old 13th October 2007, 14:50   #118
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by hugo25
finally found the problem after an hour trying to follow the ml tree item code, the problem is in the wlz itself... ml_local.lng->string id 60 has an extra space on the end of the audio string (giving 'audio ') which messes up the restore comparison (though this shouldn't have happened if i'd remembered to set the invariant text on all of the ml tree items). the fix will be pushed to the next update of the french wlz (or you can edit the resource string of the ml_local.lng file to remove the extra space in the meanwhile)

@Koopatrooper: cool thanks (i won't mention there's a newer nsis )

-daz
Old 13th October 2007, 15:07   #119
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Just recompiled the installer to make you happy. :P
Old 13th October 2007, 15:20   #120
DrO

hahahaha

-daz
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion