Old 24th January 2009, 11:14   #41
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
Quote:
Originally posted by /usr/bin/Tux
Bug!

I don't think it is intended that I'll always have room for the album art in the top right corner when I actually turned it off...?
the AlbumArt isn't shown at all so there should be at least the info text shown. maybe attach some more screenshots of different window states showing your problem

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 24th January 2009, 11:30   #42
TheUniqueTiger

I think this is a small bug...

The ReplayGain setting is the reverse... When I uncheck ReplayGain under Playback settings, it actually applies ReplayGain, whereas when I enable that option, it actually turns off ReplayGain.

EDIT:
I just realized it always amplifies the sound with no regard to positive or negative gain.

Otherwise, loads far quicker than 5.541... I'll be sure to report any other bugs that I come across.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 24th January 2009, 11:36   #43
MrX_1980

Send a message via ICQ to MrX_1980
Hello

Winamp 5.55 build 2345

a) At the installation I always get "error loading" by the step "Online Service" (page 3/4)
Later in Winamp the Online Services loads.
(WinXP, WinVista and Windows 7)

b) msvcp71.dll missing
On Windows 7 beta 1 32-bit (build 7000) I get the following message with Winamp if I start some ShoutCast video streams like http://195.206.96.121:9303;stream.nsv
Winamp555_Error_001.jpg
If I click on OK the video plays well.

... to be continued
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp555_error_001.jpg (25.7 KB, 267 views)

MainPC: ASUS M4N82 Deluxe; AMD Phenom 1090T BE; 2x 2GB EX2-4800P2-SX; Gigabyte GT650 Ti, Samsung HD103SJ, SyncMaster 204BM und 225BW
TestPC: Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro; AMD Athlon 64 Venice 3200+; 2x 1GB MDT DDR-400-CL2; Club3D HD4670 AGP; Samsung HD103SJ, SyncMaster 204BM oder NEC VT48
Old 24th January 2009, 11:57   #44
Cianca

In WA 5.55beta Playlist Generator doesn't crash anymore!!!!

<3

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 24th January 2009, 13:31   #45
/usr/bin/Tux

Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
the AlbumArt isn't shown at all so there should be at least the info text shown. maybe attach some more screenshots of different window states showing your problem
I can drag the Playlist to a small line, so why can't I do the same with the Multi-View?

Winamp user since v1.something.
Old 24th January 2009, 14:43   #46
JonnyMac

Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus
How did you even find that?
As we both have nVidia cards at first I thought it was a nVidia option, but after not finding a relevant setting I then thought it might be one of Windows visual effects options. The 'Fade or slide menus into view' option seemed to be the most logical. That is if logic can be applied to a product from Microsoft.

However, this does seem to be a nVidia thing at this point. When I have some time, I will take a closer look at nVidia settings. It will be interesting to see mynameisnobody's results on Monday.
Old 24th January 2009, 17:02   #47
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@TheUniqueTiger

I can't reproduce that problem.
Are you sure it's not just applying whatever value you've got the "Adjustment for files without ReplayGain" slider set to?
Or have you maybe manually adjusted the (hidden) replaygain_preamp=0 setting in winamp.ini?

@MrX_1980

1. Usually suggests that Winamp/setup is being blocked by a firewall?
2. Hmm, can't reproduce... then again, Windows 7 isn't even supported yet.
I can't find any dependency on msvcp71.dll in winamp.exe, in_nsv.dll, nsvdec_*.dll or in_mp3.dll
Some 3rd-party plugin to blame maybe?
Old 24th January 2009, 18:15   #48
Cianca

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
Cianca: i hope you're trying to be funny since i can't see anything to justify that comment otherwise about the plugin.
mmm

- sorting elements by everything you want?
- possibility to select the tracks only dragging mouse?
- visual drag and drop?

Old 24th January 2009, 19:52   #49
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Drag and Drop is always visual, you just have a standard mouse icon instead of that large icon.

Oh my dear, the day, when the rest of Winamp will feel and look like DropBox, i'll stop using it, this is for sure.

Time to talk about undocumented features, me thinks.

CTRL+A now is working in the Library Playlists root view too.

The "F2" key display feature in MilkDrop now supports unicode too.

vis_nsfs display was tweaked to show file length as well as position
Old 24th January 2009, 20:20   #50
plexdude

I just installed this beta and have noticed that using the milkdrop visualization seems to toggle the "scroll lock" status on my keyboard for some reason. I'm using a basic PS/2 keyboard. Seems to occur anytime the plugin is activated, i.e. enabling it in the Multi-content viewer window or in the Visualization tab in the Media Library.

System Specs:

Intel Wolfdale Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz 1600MHz FSB
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev 1.1
G.Skill 4GB DDR2 RAM: F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B
Creative X-Fi Titanium
eVGA GeForce 260 GTX
Klipsch 4.1 THX speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Old 24th January 2009, 20:23   #51
osmosis
Major Dude

plexdude: that is expected. Scrolllock is the hotkey in the plugin for enabling or disabling random preset advancement (and always has been)

Minor asthetic bug: In the ML have a playlist with a name long enough to trigger a tooltip when you mouse-over it, then switch to Video (or any other tab) and back to the ML, the tooltip won't work. It will start to work again if all of Winamp loses and regains focus or if the Options menu is gone into and closed (which expect is pretty much the same thing). It occurs whether skinned menus is checked or not.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 24th January 2009, 20:33   #52
TheUniqueTiger

@ DJ Egg, indeed the problem was replaygain_preamp... Is it still hidden in 5.55, as I couldn't find anything for it in the Prefs?

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 24th January 2009, 20:39   #53
plexdude

Thanks for the info osmosis. I guess that's why you're a senior member and I'm just a junior. Anyways, I don't normally install any visualization plugins otherwise I probably would've noticed this a long time ago.

On another note, whenever I right-click on a shoutcast station in classic view, I get an undesired double context menu. Please refer to the attached pic for explaination.

I've seen this behavior many times in the past with various winamp versions. It seems to "fix itself" which suggests that it is a serverside issue. However, I was just using the previous final version and didn't notice this until I just installed 5.55 beta. Anyone care to elaborate? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: png winamp_dbl_contxt.png (23.3 KB, 260 views)

System Specs:

Intel Wolfdale Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz 1600MHz FSB
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev 1.1
G.Skill 4GB DDR2 RAM: F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B
Creative X-Fi Titanium
eVGA GeForce 260 GTX
Klipsch 4.1 THX speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Old 24th January 2009, 22:25   #54
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
@ DJ Egg, indeed the problem was replaygain_preamp... Is it still hidden in 5.55, as I couldn't find anything for it in the Prefs?
Yes, there is still no GUI for it this is the reason, why nothing is noted in the changelog.
Old 25th January 2009, 00:09   #55
clementj

So far it works fine. But unfortunately my favorite bug was not fixed. The pledit. functions in Maki do not work for long file names. The file name is at some point truncated. I was told that this is a Windows problem, but long filenames are not a problem otherwise. Perhaps this can be fixed in the next release. I realize that I generally go after obscure things, but it is nice when everything works.
Old 25th January 2009, 00:38   #56
Serpher

Winamp crashed after click on Open Playlist option when track was played and whats more weird that process is still on and didn't want to turn off.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 25th January 2009, 01:53   #57
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Re: Winamp 5.55 Beta Preview

Warning! Kn0tte is back.. Heh, just kidding :P

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Winamp 5.55
* New: [ml_impex] iTunes-compatible Media Library database import/export plugin
* Misc: More miscellaneous general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizationse][/B]
So the new ML database plugin means that we now can back up our Media Library without manually going into %AppData%\Winamp and copying, or using the separate imp/exp plugin? If thats true, OH YEAH! Just what I have been waiting for - well worth the wait. This is a good thing for Winamp. DEVS - Keep up the good work!

And thanks for the general tweaks and optimizations - its always good to get optimizations. Winamp feels somewhat faster now..

Last edited by Kn0tte; 25th January 2009 at 02:21.
Old 25th January 2009, 02:48   #58
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Kn0tte tested, mother approved!
Old 25th January 2009, 04:37   #59
clementj

Thanks for the diacritical independent search, I have been wanting that for quite a long time, but I had already kludged it.

I hit a curious bug. In a Maki script one of my features stopped working. To fix it I had to change the following line of code:
PauseTimer.setDelay(delay*100);

to:
delay=delay*100;
PauseTimer.setDelay(delay);

Hmmmmmmm!
So it is now kludged, but I wonder what else will fail.
Old 25th January 2009, 11:26   #60
Cianca

Quote:

Oh my dear, the day, when the rest of Winamp will feel and look like DropBox, i'll stop using it, this is for sure.
why??

Old 25th January 2009, 12:28   #61
kr4zy

Hey guys, congratulations on the new beta! It's really fast and nice

I just have 2 quick/small questions:

Where is the "Library button" located, so I can imp/exp my playlist to iTunes? (Bento skin)

Also, I have a multi-content view with the Bento skin, but when I choose to only display the player window (not ML and PL) and then select the new "Playlist tab" nothing happens? What is it supposed to look like?
Old 25th January 2009, 12:36   #62
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Re: Re: Winamp 5.55 Beta Preview

Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
So the new ML database plugin means that we now can back up our Media Library without manually going into %AppData%\Winamp and copying, or using the separate imp/exp plugin?
It is the "same" plugin as has always been available, this is just an updated one.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
Old 25th January 2009, 14:52   #63
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Re: Re: Re: Winamp 5.55 Beta Preview

Quote:
Originally posted by J_Darnley
It is the "same" plugin as has always been available, this is just an updated one.
Ok.. So now I can forget the manually copying-thing and doing this export to one file instead (which is much easier)?

And another question (never tried the old plugin before):
When doing this imp/export, it will backup ML playlists, ML library and so on? And what about ratings?

Quote:
Originally posted by kr4zy
Where is the "Library button" located, so I can imp/exp my playlist to iTunes? (Bento skin)
Its a white button located at the bottom of the categories in the ML (left side)..
Old 25th January 2009, 15:10   #64
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Kn0tte
ml_impex just backs up the Local Media database.
Well, to be more precise, it writes it to an xml file.
It doesn't backup anything else (playlists, history, etc).
The beauty of it being that you can also humanly edit the resulting xml file later and use the find+replace feature in any text editor to change the drive/paths if they've changed.

I still make a regular backup of my %appdata%\winamp\plugins\ml folder, especially main.dat/main.idx, and yes, you'll still need to manually backup your playlists (playlists.xml & *.m3u(8) files)

ps. Re: Library button
It's more of a silver/grey button than white
Old 25th January 2009, 15:12   #65
Serpher

Another Winamp crash. This time when I wanted to drag to left that bar on right of the Playlist when music is playing.

// Edit
This is serious bug.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern

Last edited by Serpher; 25th January 2009 at 18:06.
Old 25th January 2009, 17:36   #66
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by /usr/bin/Tux
I can drag the Playlist to a small line, so why can't I do the same with the Multi-View?
Maybe try ClassicPro

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 25th January 2009, 18:04   #67
/usr/bin/Tux

I would but I don't like this style... :s

Winamp user since v1.something.
Old 25th January 2009, 19:59   #68
jph6t
Major Dude

New 'Category' and 'Lossless' database fields

Quote:
Winamp 5.55 Beta, Build 2345

7. Re: Improved: [ml_local] New 'Category' and 'Lossless' database fields.
These fields are NOT currently available (or suppose to be available)
as columns within ML SmartViews ... correct?

Last edited by jph6t; 25th January 2009 at 20:21.
Old 25th January 2009, 20:09   #69
jph6t
Major Dude

Add New 'Category' and 'Lossless' DB fields to "Edit Smart View" window

Quote:
Winamp 5.55 Beta, Build 2345

7. Re: Improved: [ml_local] New 'Category' and 'Lossless' database fields.
I'm assuming there just wasn't time to get to it,
but just to ensure it's on a TO-DO list somewhere.

Can the "Category" & "Lossless" fields be added to the list of fields
in the ML Smart View window:

[EDIT] Specifically I'm talking about the "Advanced mode" (as opposed to the "Simple mode").

Last edited by jph6t; 25th January 2009 at 22:51.
Old 25th January 2009, 21:34   #70
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cianca
why??
- completely bloated, doesn't feel like Winamp
- It provides no real functionality, all I figured out, is that you can create playlists, but this is possible in other areas too
- doesn't fit with the rest of the prefs. And Winamp's powerful prefs were the main reason, why I'm using it for an age

If Winamp's prefs/GUI ever will look like this, I'll stop using it, because i love Winamp how it is now and i don't want a second RealPlayer or whatever.

Kn0tte:

Like J_Darnley said, ml_impex is really old, it was just updated in the past to work with latest builds, and we already shipped it in Essentials Pack for a while.

jph6t:

I think the lossless field is just available from the search box and in the query builder. Like Egg said in his first posting, there are no columns yet.

http://stashbox.org/375811/query.png

Last edited by Koopa; 25th January 2009 at 22:03.
Old 25th January 2009, 22:02   #71
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Serpher
// Edit
This is serious bug.
Serpher, you know you need to provide more information than just that since it saddens me to say this but i think you've already won the Lamest Bug Report Award for 2009.

-daz
Old 25th January 2009, 22:38   #72
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Add New 'Category' and 'Lossless' DB fields to "Edit Smart View" window

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
I think the lossless field is just available from the search box and in the query builder. Like Egg said in his first posting, there are no columns yet.
Thanks for confirming Koop!Yeah, I have the new fields in the drop downs in the "Simple mode".
Just thought that ideally, they should also be added to the list of fields in the "Advanced mode".
Old 25th January 2009, 22:41   #73
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Re: Re: Add New 'Category' and 'Lossless' DB fields to "Edit Smart View" window

Quote:
Originally posted by jph6t
Yeah, I have the new fields in the Querry Builder drop downs.
Just thought that ideally, it should also be added to the list of fields in the "Advanced Mode".
Ah, now I checked what you mean, yeah I agree with you this would make sense.
Old 26th January 2009, 06:14   #74
mynameisnobody

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyMac
@Juanus, mynameisnobody, DJ Egg & WA developers

The menu issue is apparently caused by the 'Fade or slide menus into view' option in WinXP's visual effects options

@Juanus & mynameisnobody

1. Control Panel (Category View) > Performance and Maintenance icon > System icon
-or-
1. Control Panel (Classic View) > System icon
2. Advanced Tab > Performace box > click Settings button
3. uncheck 'Fade or slide menus into view'
4. Apply button > click OK buttons to close out

Do you still get the same issue? If Winamp beta was previously running, you might have to restart Windows for changes to fully take effect.
That's it! Now it's OK!
BUT: on the other account, this option is enabled and its also OK!?

For me that's a bit unlogical
Old 26th January 2009, 06:42   #75
mynameisnobody

and here's the hijackthis-log
Attached Files
File Type: 7z hijackthis.7z (2.6 KB, 199 views)
Old 26th January 2009, 11:27   #76
niktheguru

Thanks for the new build guys. great work. winamp starts at a good speed now. tho now leoslyrics plugin is defunct. will have to beg them to update it!

Nikhil
Old 26th January 2009, 12:31   #77
Serpher

@DrO
Wow, thanks for a award :P
But what can I say more? Winamp crashes after dragging that bar on the right of the playlist. Some window shows up:

//EDIT
Addtionally after Winamp crash the process that is still turned on causes BSOD with Creative driver ha20X2K.sys.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================

Last edited by Serpher; 26th January 2009 at 15:02.
Old 26th January 2009, 14:44   #78
homes32

Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus

[Bento skin] Playlist tab: When you enable the playlist tab (very cool), and click over to the playlist tab, the playlist goes away. But when you click back to the media library tab, the playlist does not come back automatically. You have to pull the divider back. I would think that you would want the playlist to come back automatically because many people would not know to pull the divider back.
I agree. when you turn on the playlist tab the playlist needs to be shown automatically. I can imageine the wave of support/bug request coming in because people don't realize they have to pull the splitter over.

@mynameisnobody

I have a GeForce 8800GTS with nView enabled, XP Pro and the latest nvidia drivers and have no problems with the skinned menus.

homes32
Old 26th January 2009, 18:23   #79
greqmaster

please added ASIO support
Old 26th January 2009, 19:28   #80
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by greqmaster
please added ASIO support
There should be a plugin for that.

Anywho, I noticed that Dropbox panes are Vista/Seven style while others are plane jane classic.

Is that an experiment or something?
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion