Old 30th July 2014, 20:06   #1
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Questions

Signed up and got approved and activated and while I am able to stream to the server and listen there seems to be many things not working at the moment.

I did set up the Advert: file and gave it a few test runs at the appropriate times but didn't notice anything happening on the listener end.

No statistics are working and I don't seem to be able to pull them from the shoutcast server either.

The station is not showing up in the Shoutcast directory.

Metadata does not seem to be making it to the server. While song title information is being parsed it does not seem that station name or genre are.

Are things still being developed or are these known issues at the time?

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 22:10   #2
DrO

will get someone to answer your questions.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 05:32   #3
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Thx Dr O.

I suspect it's still being built because it sure looks like they are using the radionomy infrastructure to run the streaming program for SC so I'm sure it's a work in progress.

Looks promising as hell though.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 21:33   #4
ulysse31

I have began to stream last monday to the new streaming service and the stream of my station has been listed 2 or 3 days later on shoutcast.com ; and so the stats began . They are very impressive by the way !

At this time I haven't heard any ads but it can take a few time I guess...

Unfortunately, the new stream is not listed where it should be : Classic R&B whereas my station is Classical and Soundtracks and it is a big problem : I can't stop my old servers because these ones are correctly listed and people can find them easily !!

DrO, could you correct the problem of the genre ? There was a post about this a few months ago… I hope it's possible !

My station is CINEMIX and its genre is soundtracks (primary genre). Thank you !!

Chris
ulysse31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 21:47   #5
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse31 View Post
Unfortunately, the new stream is not listed where it should be : Classic R&B whereas my station is Classical and Soundtracks and it is a big problem : I can't stop my old servers because these ones are correctly listed and people can find them easily !!

DrO, could you correct the problem of the genre ? There was a post about this a few months ago… I hope it's possible !
it's because you've got 4 different genres specified and in what i'm able to see 'Soundtracks' is the last of the 4 (which currently implies the least important genre to pick from the ones provided after it's been matched up to the SHOUTcast genres).

we have to finish determine what will be done about SHOUTcast and genre support as it's the biggest point of mis-match between the Radionomy and SHOUTcast platforms as they support up to 5 genres and 1 genre only respectively (at the time of this reply).

either way, i've now changed the genre on the SHOUTcast hosted stream and it should be showing by the time i finish this reply. for your existing servers, the only way with that old version of the DNAS is to only have the genre specified as 'Soundtracks' in the source connected / feeding the streams.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2014, 08:52   #6
ulysse31

Yes ! great ! Thanks a lot DrO, have a nice week-end !
Chris
ulysse31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2014, 22:39   #7
renaudsn
Radionomy Team

Hello,

We are indeed integrating everything in the Radionomy RMO for everyone.
The Radiomanager is the one place for every people using Radionomy related software.
@MegaRock, don't hesitate to get back to us with your issues (at least the ones that aren't resolved) so that we can improve the service and correct bugs if necessary.

About the ads, we're going to inspect this aspect.

Kind regards,

Renaud

Radionomy - IT
renaudsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 08:05   #8
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
So I signed up. Having the following issues:

1. Now have the same issue as the OP. No stats, no ads working, no auth hash per the control panel even though I signed up with one

2. Can't add my second, mobile stream, says flux not allowed. I created a another new station for it. Of course I'm confused.

Should I just create my own thread? This has been giving me a headache. Help.

Ramon
ram130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 17:40   #9
SHOUTcast JW
Administrator Alumni

Ramon,

Thanks for applying for SHOUTcast Streaming and/or Monetization. Please contact us directly for your specific SHOUTcast support issues, since the forum is for general discussions regarding the platform. Thanks.

- SHOUTcast Support
SHOUTcast JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast For Business & Monetization