Old 14th July 2017, 00:43   #1
keijo

Question Ads and Top Of The Hour chimes

Hi.

I have a 5-beeps TOTH chime configured in my stream: it lowers the volume of the currently airing deck, fires up the chime from aux, and restores volume/ejects the chime when done, so My Stream Will Go on (and on).

For what I've seen (actually heard), when an ad slots pop into a monetized client, if there's a TOTH event while the ad is in place, it doesn't play over the allocated ad, but it's actually heard if the advert slot is empty, that is, if no ads are allocated in it and the default sound goes live.

Currently my workaround was to set ad triggers to avoid overlapping TOTH events, but in some DJ'ing sessions they collide and the ad always wins over the TOTH; but in air stations where TOTHs are in place, the trend is and has always been to play the chime over whatever it's playing, overriding music, ads, speech, even silence. Gosh, they even mute everything to wait for the beeps, then tell the beeps were off accompanying it with news, service broadcasts, weather forecasts, et cetera. Can *we* do this, too?

Gracias,
Keijo!
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization