Old 15th July 2017, 01:10   #1
Chip Mosley

Help Trying To Get Into Shoutcast Monetization Program

I'm a newby and I am off to a terrible start. I have set up my radio station and can't for the life of me figure out how to get it on line for the Shoutcast Monetization program. I have a profile that shows up. I guess I'm not sure how to set up the DNAS program. I'm using Radio DJ as my programming source, and I am streaming on listen2myradio right now.

My station listen link is: http://listen.shoutcast.com/jukebox927wepq. The profile says I'm active, so where have I gone wrong? What's my next (or first) step? Is there a place where I can find a step-by-step walk-through for this stuff?

I'm actually a 40 year veteran of on air broadcasting and have worked with program automation, but this on line stuff is totally new to me.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Chip Mosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 08:23   #2
keijo

Hey, Chip, welcome to the forums.
I've been down that path too, so let's get to it step-by-step.

First things first: make sure that your listen2myradio account is on a SHOUTcast Server v2.5.1.724 to be eligible for monetization. This is primary for everything else to work out.

Second, when you signed up to RMO, it made you choose between these two options:
SHOUTcast Streaming Service --- blue square on the left
or
SHOUTcast (DNAS) -- green square on the right <-- correct choice for you.

Third, fill in all the details about your streaming (everything as accurate as possible is a plus), and you'll find yourself with a welcome page like this:

Welcome to the SHOUTcast DNAS Radio Manager Online (RMO)

(some text)

Your DNAS station's Authhash is "20GArbLedChaRACterS". <--- some *PRIVATE* "nonsense" like this is what you need to have in your sc_serv.conf instance. Use the L2MR control panel (or open a ticket to L2MR staff asking how to do it) to put it in.

(immediately after)

Update your stream URL >>>here<<<. <--- click that and fill in your server's URL (serverort/mountpoint) to access the stream directly.

For the "tech" part, if you did these steps correctly, this should cover it.

Last but not least: produce "ads" of exactly 2 minutes long and edit their Artist/Song tags to be "Advert:" without the quotes. Rotating any Advert song from 2 to 5 times per hour, and having enough audience (they require 500 hours/day, roughly 20 concurrent listeners) will make you eligible for Monetization (green $ sign in your server's admin panel). Once you get there, you'll need to fill your PayPal details to go get those bucks :-)

Feel free to PM me if you get stuck anywhere in the path. After much fiddling myself with this v2 stuff I finally got it up, running and earning. Still "gotsa get paid" but that's another tale for another forum xD

Hope it helps!
keijo.-

PS- These are some really helpful links. Make sure you read them to get a more thorough guide:

Shoutcast Monetization Agreement: http://shoutcast.com/ProviderAgreement/DNASMonetization

DNAS+ Monetization FAQ (sticky post by DJ Egg)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=380774
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 01:39   #3
Chip Mosley

Hi Keijo!
Thanks for your help, which I need again. When I try to run the program, I either get a message telling me that there is no source connected, or that I can't connect to port 8000 because it's being used by another source. What do I need to do?
Thanks again!
Chip
Chip Mosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 16:15   #4
keijo

Hi, Chip.

This goes beyond the monetization topic, but it's your thread.

Check that your stream credentials are correct. If it's L2MR hosting, it's very unlikely that you get a port 8000 right away. Double check that data.

The server part is either a 'hostname' (somewhere.somedomain.com) or an IP address (12.34.56.78) followed by a colon and port number (:8774). For example:
jukebox927.l2mrstreaming.com:9270

Next you have to specify the stream ID, which is normally 1, but it's better to check with your provider.

Feel free to send me a PM if things still go south...

Best regards,
keijo.-
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization