Old 8th February 2017, 13:08   #1
RadioRookie

Non-HTTPS Stream Link Breaks SSL

There is a major issue with the https://listen.shoutcast.com/xxxxx listen links resolving to http://streaming.shoutcast.com/xxxx when triggered on an SSL site. This is breaking SSL and it is affecting playback through several platforms.

The Facebook in-app browser has strict policies on playing media over SSL encrypted website sites with mixed content. If it detects the site is HTTPS and the shoutcast media stream is non-SSL, it does not play the audio. It will only play the audio over SSL in that case.

The strangest thing I am seeing is that the streaming.shoutcast.com/xxx stream is encrypted by SSL only in the Chrome Beta mobile browser. However, it is non-SSL in all other desktop browsers and other mobile browsers including FB in-app.

Please look at the screenshots. One depicts a listen.shoutcast.com/ stream resolving to a HTTP://streaming.shoutcast.com/ link on a desktop browser and the other shows the exact same listen.shoutcast.com/ stream link resolves to HTTPS://streaming.shoutcast on Chrome Beta mobile. This same link does not play on FaceBook in-app browser because it is on an SSL site and when you click on play, it opens up as HTTP://streaming.shoutcast.com instead of HTTPS://streaming.shoustcast.com

Please fix!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170207-120131.png
Views:	173
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	52999   Click image for larger version

Name:	streaming.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	53000  
RadioRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 01:20   #2
RadioRookie

Can we get any help with this? Apparently, Facebook in-app browser will not play any of our streams because it is serving the audio over non-SSL.
Old 22nd February 2017, 13:02   #3
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Any better now?
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2017, 13:06   #4
RadioRookie

Ahh, YES! The stream is resolving to HTTPS. Our stream is finally playing on Facebook's in-app browser. Thanks DJ Egg.
Old 2nd August 2017, 10:20   #5
TheHosting4You

ssl

Hey,
I am a streaming provider can I do this myself too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
Any better now?
M.v.g.
TheHosting4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization