Old 5th April 2015, 11:48   #1
abides

Build 256 issue

I will start to use new build 256 but when i test it the client is goes "buffering stage" and stop at 2.nd second of the stream. There is nothing related in the server logs. Its just client is not continue to stream. (Client is Winamp)

Is there anyone else have similar issue with this new build?
abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 20:28   #2
DrO

email a DNAS log with full debug logging enabled which shows the issue happening as well as a link to the DNAS server and also the version of all players which are having issues to support @ shoutcast dot com and it'll be looked into next week (am technically meant to be on holiday as of this reply).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2015, 12:01   #3
neralex
Major Dude

Same here and it's happen only in winamp while listening the stream. All other mediaplayers are working fine, also the embedded audio tags, flashplayers etc. Switched back to SHOUTcast Server v2.4.2.167/posix(linux x64).
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 14:37   #4
DrO

still haven't seen any log from abides, whereas I've seen one from neralex but don't have much to go on in it. so as per my comment here, will be looking into this more thoroughly over the next few days.
Old 7th April 2015, 19:56   #5
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
Been testing in winamp for a while. Is your stream aac or mp3? I got a stream up here on the latest build. Test it in winamp and see if you get the same issues:

AAC: http://server.hitzconnect.com:8563/hitzcmobile
MP3: http://server.hitzconnect.com:8563/hitzchd

Ramon
ram130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 20:32   #6
neralex
Major Dude

ram130, your installation works fine on my end. Which kind of source connection type you are using, v1 or v2? I will play again now a new round with this build. Maybe i can found more details.

Edit: Ok i have tested again with the same issue. I tried to play the stream with windows mediaplayer, VLC and the HTML5 audio player on the DNAS summary page without this issue. Only in winamp (latest version) it will stop the stream. As source i'm using the Transcoder/posix(linux x64) v2.0.0.64 with outprotocol=3 to get Ultravox/2.1 Source connection type: v2.

In the logfile of sc_serv aren't errors reported - tested with all enabled DEBUG options.

Last edited by neralex; 7th April 2015 at 21:54.
Old 7th April 2015, 22:39   #7
DrO

i've now reproduced the Winamp-specific playback issue with test streams neralex has provided me earlier this evening. ram130's streams work fine in Winamp as matches with neralex's observation.

so my initial thought is that it's likely to be a source specific issue (especially with a beta sc_trans being used) which is triggering the issue. whether it's then the DNAS at fault or not I cannot say for certain until further debugging is done.

but as it's affecting the only listener client I'm aware off that supports the 2.x listener protocol and the stream is being fed with a beta source running in 2.x mode, this may be a setup specific issue (based on a specific source, DNAS and client chain).

and it would be handy if abides could provide some more information on the setup being used so we can help determine if my postulation above is correct or not.
Old 8th April 2015, 12:34   #8
DrO

for those following this (as I've replied to neralex directly with more information), when the test stream which is showing the issue is relayed and the relayed version is then played by Winamp it works without issue. so we might be a bit closer to finding the cause of the issue...
Old 8th April 2015, 18:13   #9
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
Quote:
Originally Posted by neralex View Post
ram130, your installation works fine on my end. Which kind of source connection type you are using, v1 or v2? I will play again now a new round with this build. Maybe i can found more details.

Edit: Ok i have tested again with the same issue. I tried to play the stream with windows mediaplayer, VLC and the HTML5 audio player on the DNAS summary page without this issue. Only in winamp (latest version) it will stop the stream. As source i'm using the Transcoder/posix(linux x64) v2.0.0.64 with outprotocol=3 to get Ultravox/2.1 Source connection type: v2.

In the logfile of sc_serv aren't errors reported - tested with all enabled DEBUG options.
Yes my source is V2. It seems your source is the issue. Maybe try V1.

Ramon
ram130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 20:09   #10
electroradio

Same Problem, i use the source v1, now works!
electroradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2015, 09:39   #11
neralex
Major Dude

electroradio, you are using also the transcoder or another source? Also based on linux?
Old 9th April 2015, 12:23   #12
electroradio

I use SAM Broadcaster with v1 source, works fine. but v2 source has this issue
electroradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 15:26   #13
DrO

the known issues has been updated regarding this issue as it has now been fixed internally.

the recommended workaround until a newer DNAS is released is to connect a source in v1 mode instead of v2 mode if the issue is being experienced. if not experienced then there is nothing needing to be changed.
Old 28th April 2015, 09:03   #14
moucina

Hello Guys,

I am experiencing the same issue on rpi dnas server . I am using sc_trans on linux 64 bit as remote encoder on another machine . However when I try to set outprotocol to 1 in sc_trans I can not get sc_serv to sc_trans connectivity . Only when outprotocol is 3 the two apps are happy with each other .

mo
moucina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015, 09:46   #15
DrO

you most likely need to adjust the source password so the stream connection on anything other than stream #1 will work when sc_trans is running in 1.x mode (as per http://wiki.shoutcast.com/wiki/SHOUT...Source_Support). there should also be error messages in both of the logs if that doesn't help as to the reason of the connection refusal.
Old 5th May 2015, 02:12   #16
moucina

Thanks DrO,

The extra debug pointed in the right direction . It ended up being the firewall, I had originally only opened up port 8000 , which worked with v2 , for years . But for v1 also 8001 is needed , after opening that all is good .

However now I notice that my song/artist text has lost its special iso 8859-2 characters . All was fine under v2 protocol , now I get strange bits wherever these special letters were . Is there anything that I could do to fix that . All my config is exactly the same that I used under v2 , just the outprotocol is now set to 1 .

Best Regards
Mo
Old 5th May 2015, 02:17   #17
DrO

the 1.x protocol doesn't properly define how such characters are handled and so anything can basically happen (as you're seeing). until a fixed DNAS is released so the 2.x protocol can be used again, there's little else to suggest other than scripting the title updates to the DNAS via the xml title update option (as sc_trans has a number of known issues which make it drop a lot of extended characters in 1.x mode).
Old 6th May 2015, 13:52   #18
moucina

Understood,

I have been doing a little bit of digging , and it seems so far that the special chars leave the source Ok , but are seen in the dnas logs mangled . I have two machines one for dnas and other is the remote source . The four chars that I have caught in the logs go like this :
Sent utf-8 char: Received at dnas:
h'c5a1 last byte is 1010 0001 h'61 0110 0001 displayed as : a
h'c5be 1011 1110 h'7e 0111 1110 ~
h'c5a0 1010 0000 h'60 0110 0000 `
h'c5bd 1011 1101 h'7d 0111 1101 }

Looks like one bit is being shifted on reception . I guess in the mean time it may be the only chance to use the xml method . Do you have a small perl script snippet to start me off , which I can use to send the song/artist metadata from the source and into dnas ?

Best Regards
Mo
Old 7th May 2015, 10:47   #19
moucina

Had a bit of a better look with wireshark , on the input into the dnas server , and I can see that the server is being fed with mangled metadata . So the problem lies with the source software . The server is fine , its is the source wich is stuffing things up . I can see that the original character in the metadata which is h'c48d is being sent in ASCII as 25 63 34 25 38 which is %c4%8 . It has lost the last half a byte and gained a % .

Regards

Mo
Old 7th May 2015, 10:51   #20
DrO

all of which is covered in my prior reply in that sc_trans in 1.x mode doesn't send such titles correctly.
Old 10th May 2015, 06:18   #21
moucina

Hello Guys,
Just a quick update : By following DrO's advice and implementing xml method for artist and title update , all is good again . Even though the old v1 protocol is a bit rough around the edges , there is still a bit of life left in it . Much thanks.
Mo
Old 30th July 2015, 13:42   #22
PsychoPhreak

It's been a few months, and I signed up just to ask, is there any chance of an update with this fix being released soon? I'm just a casual user who likes to be able to listen to my home library out and about, but I have this exact issue. Windows 7 64 bit using 64 bit dnas. Is there a registry or config hack that could be used or the fix trickier than that? If not is there a way to download an older version without the issue?
PsychoPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 13:48   #23
DrO

(tentatively) it'll be released at some point in August (as long as there's no further development delays).
Old 12th September 2015, 04:45   #24
PsychoPhreak

Darn, went on vacation and came back with hope, but nothing
Old 12th September 2015, 11:43   #25
DrO

things have been delayed and if its that much of an issue it's already been detailed in the known issues link how to work around the issue with #256.
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:56   #26
PsychoPhreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it's already been detailed in the known issues link how to work around the issue with #256.
That's what I couldn't find, thanks!

Edit: Oh I think you mean just set to version 1.X instead... I've been doing that, thought there might be a workaround specific to the 2 second timeout issue to be able to use version 2.X. I'll be patient, and stop pestering.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support