Old 22nd January 2018, 21:42   #1
ElectricFox

ZDL famiy : how to restore color editor in Windows 10?

Hi

I have 6 Modern Skins (which take the shape of a classic skin) on my laptop running Windows7. On 4 of them (ZDL Analog Studio 523, ZDL Audiophile, ZDL Gold Stack, ZDL Gold Stack Reel-to-Reel), there's a colour editor which allows beautiful colour themes.
HOWEVER, the very same skins, either downloaded or copied with a USB flash drive, appear in Windows 10 WITHOUT the colour editor !!!!! Their basic colour is then metallic silver.

Could anyone explain this mystery and, if possible, give a solution to recover the colour editor in Windows 10 ??
These are very old skins, I know, but I just happen to like them, and although not very user friendly, they decorate a large screen quite well.

Thanks in advance to all who will try to help.
ElectricFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:40   #2
xmuzack

ElectricFox, the color editor is a stand alone plugin for Winamp. You'll need to reinstall it.

Can find the latest version in post #59 here.
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:53   #3
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Seems like you've got this trouble before.. but that time maybe I didn't replied properly (I should've link to the color editor installer, I think I was expecting you go and ask for it heh..).

So... the "version" xmuzack pointed out to you is actually a "Mod" or update which doesn't include the installer. The latest installer can be found here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....t=color+editor. It's version 2.2.1, install this first and then the version 2.3.

That said... if you are actually talking about Color themes.. reply back here and we can provide further assistance =).

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 14:19   #4
xmuzack

Thanks Victhor, I totally forgot about the installer that's needed.
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
modern, skins, winamp, zdl