Old 7th July 2004, 15:37   #1
sigafoo

Send a message via AIM to sigafoo
Problems with profile

Quote:
1. Creating Profiles
First a profile to encode the video to needs to be set-up. Open the Profile Manager Tools > Profile Manager (Ctrl-M). Select the "(default)" profile or to make a new profile click the "Add New" button. Once a profile is selected hit the edit button to set the encoder settings. This brings up the "NSVate Profile Configuration." These options are the more advanced control options, which aren't covered, but feel free to play around with them. To set up the encoders click the "NSV Encoder Options" button to bring up the "NSV Encoder Options" box. Select the audio and video you want. If audio is included use "MP3 (Lame) encoder" and pick the desired encoding options (not discussed). For video choose "VP3 3.1 (proper)." Select a bit-rate to aim for (it won't be constant and may not even be near it). Hit "OK" then "Exit" from the Profile Manager to exit.
From the Intro to NSV thread. The problem is mine doesn't have a profile in the first place. So when i open profile manger there's nothing. I tried to import the default. Nothing happened. When ever I try to add one it crashes. What is going on?!
sigafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2004, 17:09   #2
ken52787
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to ken52787
Yes, that happens to certain machines (happened on my old one). There's nothing I could figure out, so I had to use the command line NSVENC

NSV downloads
An in-depth step by step guide for newbies, coming soon.
ken52787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video