Old 5th September 2004, 01:26   #1
jkoebel

Send a message via AIM to jkoebel Send a message via Yahoo to jkoebel
Repair Playlist... feature

I'd like to see a feature that will repair links in a playlist.

I moved a lot of files around in my 5k-song+ library, and I'm not quite sure which files I broke links on and which I didn't.

I'd like some kind of tool that will search for the missing files on every physical drive connected to the system. Searching based on exact filename only would work well enough -- I don't need the system to be smart enough to find songs with different names but the same content, that's a whole different problem -- just to locate that, say, "_CD_TRACK3-SongTitle.mp3" on d:\media\music is the same filename as where it used to be in C:\My Music, and give the user the option to update, update all, don't update, don't update any.

Probably not too difficult but I'm not a programmer.

Alternatively, if someone has the URI of a standalone program that will operate on an M3U or PLS playlist, and do this, I'd appreciate it.
jkoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2004, 01:36   #2
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
auto update file here is the thread you should read...

you can manually do it, i dont know of plugin/program, yet(Soon,just wait). but in the playlist, right click a broken link>and goto playlist entry (ctrl+E) you can change it there

or, if youve moved all files from one folder to say another you can use notepad and edit playlist.

Ex:

C:\mp3\music.mp3 moved to D:\music\music.mp3....you can find/replace "D:\music" for "C:\mp3" if your moves are more complex or if you ddint move all of it, im sorry.

Dont bug him, but DrO is going to eventually release something that will highlight broken links in the playlist. this will make it easy for you to use the built in file replacer in winamp.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2004, 01:48   #3
jkoebel

Send a message via AIM to jkoebel Send a message via Yahoo to jkoebel
When you're doing update paths for 1000+ songs...doing it per-file is going to be tedius.

Thanks for the links.
jkoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist