Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 12th January 2011, 08:44   #1
BunkFace

Explorer Shell Context (Right-click) Menu in Playlist that works for Windows 7

Is there a plugin or software like this: "Explorer Context Menu - Puts the explorer shell context (right-click) menu into the playlist" http://www.winamp.com/plugin/explore...xt-menu/139313 that works for Windows 7?

I was using this plugin in the same PC back when it had Windows XP installed. When I installed Windows 7 and then tried this plugin with Winamp, the plugin didn't work (the explorer menu doesn't appear when you right-click in the playlist).

Edit: I am using 32-bit Windows 7.

Last edited by BunkFace; 12th January 2011 at 10:22.
BunkFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 10:04   #2
DrO

is probably a 32-bit / 64-bit incompatibility or the plug-in just doesn't like Win7. alas as the plug-in appears to be no longer developed i don't think there's much chance of getting a working solution and i'm not aware of any alternative plug-ins which do the same.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 12:45   #3
lozaria

It was working on Windows 7 64bits

I had this plugin working on Windows 7 64 bit. But now after reinstalling Windows it does not work and does not show up in General Purpose plugins.
I desperately need that feature and I don't know why it is not included by default in Winamp.
Any help will be very appreciated.
lozaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 23:07   #4
evolution76

Send a message via Yahoo to evolution76
I miss that plug in!!!! Maybe if prey to the winamp gods, there will be a another plugin like that.....heheheh
evolution76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:46   #5
liran2000

Yes, this plug in is very much needed on Winamp, or as built-in feature from Winamp.
liran2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:41   #6
BunkFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozaria View Post
I had this plugin working on Windows 7 64 bit. But now after reinstalling Windows it does not work and does not show up in General Purpose plugins.
You must remember what you did to make this work. I terribly miss this feature.

Old 5th August 2011, 01:05   #7
gudenuff

I too used this indispensable plug-in for many years and since upgrading to win7 64 it worked for a while and then on a reinstall I could install it but it never appeared when I right clicked in the play list. After searching for many, many hours I finally came across a new program that works even better "Find File on Disk v3.0.3" which can be downloaded separately or is included in the Winamp Essentials Pack v5.62. I'm sure this will help lots of folks that have felt the loss of this plug-in. Peace!
gudenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 09:44   #8
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudenuff View Post
After searching for many, many hours I finally came across a new program that works even better "Find File on Disk v3.0.3"
heh, that's funny since that plug-in pre-dates the one this thread is about.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 02:49   #9
gudenuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
heh, that's funny since that plug-in pre-dates the one this thread is about.

-daz
I think the latest ver of the context menu plug-in was .03 which was updated last in 2006 while the similar find file on disk plug-in, as you noted has been around just as long, it has a more recent win7 64 compatible update which will satisfy most users longing for that particular functionality.
gudenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 02:22   #10
BunkFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudenuff View Post
I too used this indispensable plug-in for many years and since upgrading to win7 64 it worked for a while and then on a reinstall I could install it but it never appeared when I right clicked in the play list. After searching for many, many hours I finally came across a new program that works even better "Find File on Disk v3.0.3" which can be downloaded separately or is included in the Winamp Essentials Pack v5.62. I'm sure this will help lots of folks that have felt the loss of this plug-in. Peace!
Forgot about this thread. Thanks for this! It's not exactly like Explorer Shell Context Menu (it opens the selected file's folder, which will then allow you to use Explorer's context menu), but is a very good alternative.

Link to the Find File on Disk plugin for the lazy: http://nunzioweb.com/daz/ffod.html

Old 22nd March 2012, 21:28   #11

an extremely useful feature that ive used for years, unfortunately doesnt work on win7 64bit.
missing this badly.
the ctrl+f (show in explorer/find on disk) only partially solves the problem because the plugin used to make it possible to quicky work file after file in playlist. one extra perk is quick access to the "open with" submenu, very useful when using winamp for file selection while working in different DAWs.

im not saying i know anything about programming but it seems to me this shouldnt be hard to accomplish as the right-click menu already contains the direct link to the physical file ("find files on disk"). so i guess the problem is with the re-made windows explorer?
956400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
context menu right click