X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heathcliff
    • Apr 2018

Requesting FAQ Update - Monetization/Payment

I decided to monetize my radio. After 60 days I received no revenue on my PayPal so I decided to reach out Shoutcast.

Their feedback:

"We'd like to inform you that revenue from ads 60 days after receiving our advertisers and agencies payments. As a result, credits to Broadcaster’s account will be made 90-120 days following end of corresponding month according to payment policy."

No problem, but please update the FAQ to avoid disappointments.

I must confess, I find it vague because I am unable to find this information and my inner voice tells me now they are not going to pay. I hope that voice is terrible wrong.

Thanks
  • heathcliff
    • Apr 2018

I will come back and update this thread end May. Then I should have received my payment generated in January.

Comment

• heathcliff
      • Apr 2018

As promised I will come back on this when I received a payment. I have not received any payments yet. Meanwhile I've requested for a copy of the policy Shoutcast is referring to. I've made it available on my Google Drive because every publisher should own a copy (see link below).

Page 13 says: "TargetSpot will make a balance sheet every month and, subject to (i) the credit balance threshold conditions described below and (ii) the Payment Activation Conditions, a payment will be made to the PayPal account of the relevant Publisher sixty (60) days after the end of the month. Any Paypal costs related to this transaction will be borne by the Publisher. This payment will be made under the condition that the Publisher's account (visible in the Section “revenue” of Your SHOUTcast account in the SHOUTcast Radio Manager) reaches a credit balance threshold of at least 25EUR/$25 during that month. If not, the amounts existing on the Publisher's account will be cumulated during the calendar year. In the event that the Publisher does never reach the credit balance threshold of 25EUR/$25 during the calendar year, the amounts existing in his Publisher’s account will be lost definitively"

While Shoutcast says : "We'd like to inform you that revenue from ads 60 days after receiving our advertisers and agencies payments. As a result, credits to Broadcaster’s account will be made 90-120 days following end of corresponding month according to payment policy."

Again, wait and see if they are going to pay end next month(May).

Download policy here : http://marketing.shoutcast.com/SHOUT..._EN_271117.pdf

Copy (if it becomes unavailable): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ys...xE0V50P5BA6qIj

Comment

• heathcliff
        • Apr 2018

As promised I will come back on this.
        It's now June 1st, and no payment has been received. I give them two business days.

Comment

• PiRD
          • May 2016

oh no,
          i create a new stream for my webradio to leave Radionoly because they didn't pay us among other things.
          But if you say that is the same here...

Comment

• heathcliff
            • Apr 2018

Originally Posted by PiRD View Post
            oh no,
            i create a new stream for my webradio to leave Radionoly because they didn't pay us among other things.
            But if you say that is the same here...
            Well, bad news. Shoutcast is owned by Radionomy Group. The party in question that pays out is Targetspot which is owned by the same company Radionomy Group. But that makes it for me very easy because my uncle is lawyer and he advised me to wait a bit longer and mail them before he is going to take action.

So, they mailed me last week for partnership. We've meet on Hangouts. But I'm not interested in becoming partnered with someone who is doing difficult paying out a revenue of a lousy 35 euros.

Comment

• heathcliff
              • Apr 2018

But the situation can change. I'll be back on this on Tuesday.

Comment

• PiRD
                • May 2016

Originally Posted by heathcliff View Post
                Well, bad news. Shoutcast is owned by Radionomy Group. The party in question that pays out is Targetspot which is owned by the same company Radionomy Group. But that makes it for me very easy because my uncle is lawyer and he advised me to wait a bit longer and mail them before he is going to take action.

So, they mailed me last week for partnership. We've meet on Hangouts. But I'm not interested in becoming partnered with someone who is doing difficult paying out a revenue of a lousy 35 euros.
                Yes, I know, with a webradio created with Radionomy it is Radionomy wich pays, not Targetspot but they didn't do it since november and it was for november 2015 ! (yes you read well, i was paid 2 years after)

I hope Targetspot will find a solution.

Comment

• heathcliff
                  • Apr 2018

Yes, I know, with a webradio created with Radionomy it is Radionomy wich pays, not Targetspot but they didn't do it since november and it was for november 2015 ! (yes you read well, i was paid 2 years after)

Why did you wait 2 years? You can easily send a money collector "no cure no pay".

Comment

• heathcliff
                    • Apr 2018

Oh I suddenly a drop in CPM on from 0.90 to 0.02. Such a coincidence especially this drop is only on the country that provides me the most listeners

Just saying, such a coincidence.

Comment

• LapTop
                      • Apr 2018

Oh I suddenly a drop in CPM on from 0.90 to 0.02. Such a coincidence especially this drop is only on the country that provides me the most listeners

Just saying, such a coincidence.
                      the same with me, too, that no longer makes sense. I have disabled the ads until a payment

Comment

• PiRD
                        • May 2016

Why did you wait 2 years? You can easily send a money collector "no cure no pay".
                        We don't have choice to wait, if we want to fight we have to take a lawyer but we don't have money...
                        Rdy was a good solutions when i created my webradio but it became shit.

Comment

• heathcliff
                          • Apr 2018

Originally Posted by LapTop View Post
                          the same with me, too, that no longer makes sense. I have disabled the ads until a payment
                          We don't have choice to wait, if we want to fight we have to take a lawyer but we don't have money...
                          They received today an official mail. They get an ultimatum of 7 days to do their service in return. If they fail step 2.

Comment

• heathcliff
                            • Apr 2018

Originally Posted by LapTop View Post
                            I received the following feedback:

"I would like to apologize for the delay, indeed our accounting department just announced me all payments will be processed by the end of next week. Make sure I'll do my best to avoid this kind of inconvenience in the future"

So, between June 14th - 16th they start to pay.

Comment

• jcnyct
                              • Dec 2016

too many people are stressing about payments.. they sent an email update months ago on payments moving fwd... you need to read it.

We received payment this week just like the email said we would

Comment

Working...
                              X