Old 8th April 2011, 06:51   #1
memoemc2

Crossfading Mixing Plugin Advise Windows 7 64 bits

Gooday mates:

First of all, I want to congratulate and thank the Winamp Team for such a great program; it's by far the best for enjoying and ripping music. I am an old Winamp user and I have not had a single problem. Its interface is easy to understand and its performance sets the benchmark.

Well, I need advise about a feature and/or plugin to mix and/or crossfade mp3 files. This is the situation:
  • I have been chosen to be a DJ in a party.
  • I have a Toshiba Laptop Win 7 Home Premium (fully updated) 64bits (4GB RAM, 1TB HHD) which is connected to an amplifier through a HDMI cable.
  • I have installed Winamp 5.61 Pro; default plugins in. The only plugin extra is "Classic Spectrum Analyzer" visualization.
  • As well, the amplifier connects through HDMI cables to a LCD TV and to a Blue-Ray unit.
  • All units and connections work perfectly (God bless digital ports)
  • All my music is in MP3 @ 256 bitrate and it is store in my hard drive and backed up in my portable Western Digital HDD. For me music CDs are obsolete so to DJ I don't need additional items such as turntables or CDs units. Even more, I got rid of my CDs long time ago. CDs are to be ripped.
  • I plan to DJ only from my laptop.

I know there are lots of programs to DJ but I'm not interested. I'm sure Winamp can handle it very easy.

I'm aware of the cross-fading feature built in Winamp. I know how to play 2 songs simultaneously opening two Winamp instances. I have read posts and the plugin section but these are to old and I am worried about the compatibility and reliability with Win 7 64 bits.

Therefore, my question is: which plugin I must install to make easier cross-fading/mixing songs having opened two Winamp 5.61 instances in Win 7 64 bits? I would like to have a third graphical interface to manage it.

I would really appreciate your comments and advise. Everyday we learn something new. Thank you all in advance.

See you lata from downunda !!

memoemc2
memoemc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
cross-fading, crossfading, mix, mixing, plugin