Old 12th August 2016, 15:21   #1
fulton1009

Artifacts on Roku boxes

I am running into an issue with my ShoutCast stream having artifacts on every app I can get onto within a Roku box. My App, Shoutcast App, and TuneIn all have artifacts when running through Roku but it's clear on anything else like a PC or iPhone. As I've worked through it, Roku is playing the metadata as sound bytes. I use WaveStreaming as my provider, shoutcast v2. Roku says that it's the way the stream is configured. Is anyone else having this issue? I see it happening on a few stations in the Shoutcast App on Roku but not many. How can I get ShoutCast to take a look at my stream and advise me? I cannot find a way to enter a trouble ticket.

Thank you
Dan Fulton

stereo.wavestreamer.com:2735/Live
fulton1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2016, 15:50   #2
Bryon Stout

The shoutcast app on roku sucks. It always has sucked. Im surprised its still active and available since shoutcast was sold.
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 00:38   #3
fulton1009

Well, all right, but the same issue it happening with TuneIn and my custom channel. It also appears to be isolated only to the way that Roku interprets (or doesn't) the metadata in the shoutcast stream. Would love to get a develop to work with me on this one.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I do appreciate it.
fulton1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
app, artifacts, roku