Old 28th December 2011, 20:04   #1
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Iran, iran so far away!

Anyone else see the dogs of war breaking their leashes?
Scary times with everyone nuked up.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 18:03   #2
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
the only time i really pay attention to the news is when i can't possibly avoid doing so, iran.... once a third world muddy shithole with nothing but sand, always a... you get the idea.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 20:36   #3
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^@Chev...Yes!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 22:08   #4
rockouthippie
Banned

Iran isn't anything to worry much about. They are crazy, not stupid. The conservative business class is the real power in Iran. It has it's puppets for the public... The Ayatollah and Ahmadinejad. They get to act crazy, but it's more or less just a show.

It's sort of like if the business class in the US got Montel Williams elected President... The Iranians just happen to be more Jerry Springer.

You could more or less count on the Iranians to do what is profitable. That will include trying to gain political advantage by supporting anti-western insurgency, but it won't include general war. If it did, it certainly wouldn't include nuclear war. Hillary Clinton said it. If Iran fires nukes at anyone, the US will blow it off the planet.

Iran is a yapping little ankle biter dog. Look at Ahmadinejad. The guy fairly screams "I'm an obnoxious little pussy" and tries to hump Americas leg.

Bark Bark....
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 04:37   #5
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
They are telling us not to row our boats... even fired a missile.

I'm sick of oil wars.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 07:03   #6
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

i'm sick of having a president who doesn't have the balls to blow the whole sand nigger country to a single sheet of glass too ted.

the only actual reason it hasn't happened, you'd be ruining the oil under the ground.

Old 4th January 2012, 07:40   #7
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too-DAMN-Much View Post
i'm sick of having a president who doesn't have the balls to blow the whole sand nigger country to a single sheet of glass too ted.

the only actual reason it hasn't happened, you'd be ruining the oil under the ground.
your view on politics is a bit rusty.
It's not just the oil.

Knowing your enemy and knowing what they can and might do is more important.

Iran isn't a real problem, as some already stated, it's just showing of.
If it was a real problem and world peace was at stake it would have been taken care of years ago.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 09:12   #8
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

if that's the propaganda pill you're happy to swallow...

Old 4th January 2012, 23:40   #9
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
It really is nothing but oil. Iran wouldn't give a shit if it had nothing to do with oil. We wouldn't give a shit if it had nothing to do with oil.

If there were no oil, no one would care if they said that we couldn't send boats through.

Please don't use the term "sand nigger". Racism has no place here, there, or anywhere for that matter. It reduces credibility and makes someone sound like they hate everyone from a region when really it's a much smaller bundle of asshats.

I have a lot of issues with our president, but he certainly isn't sackless. He showed some serious sack just running for office knowing he could easily be shot in the process. Now, he's the most safeguarded person in the world, regardless of what happens; he could nuke dozens of countries and be the last to die from it.

Going back to the asshat topic; if we kill innocent or harmless Iranian civilians that have no active role in said asshat-ism, then we become the asshats.

Lucily, Iran doesn't have a lot of international support, but the oil industry does. The people that say we can't do some boating are at best bluffing, because they know they're up against far more than they can handle. If they want to shoot a cap gun to scare people, let them. It will only serve to embarrass them when the world continues business as usual, knowing they don't have the strength to hurt us.

The missile I mentioned was intentionally aimed away from any real target, because they knew if it hit one of us, the entire oil-dependent world would have reacted against them.

Now, that said, it bothers me that our people will take that pussified display seriously, and it will cost countless hard-earned tax dollars to react.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 06:16   #10
rockouthippie
Banned

You shouldn't call anybody a "sand nigger", because you might hurt their feelings or more likely offend college educated liberal white people.

No really... some Arab or Persian guy shows up and it isn't Mr. 007 or Achmed Ahmadinejad. He might be that radical expatriate Iranian that sells smokes and gas about a mile from here. Nice enough guy. Usually gives me a free lighter and dog cookies for BB.

What did you want to piss him off for?

Iran acts all tough, but it's basically just their governments engaging in counting coup. Sometimes they get carried away. It seems like sometimes people get carried away. Go figure.

It's politically expedient, Hating the west is a good talking point whether you are an Islamic cleric or an underpants waving American liberal.

It's war that's the problem. These guys need a couple generations where half the women aren't widows. If we keep the peace, even at gunpoint, we'll do both of us a favor. I think the peace realistically needs to be kept at gunpoint.

War screws things up, but for the last 30 years or so, the violence level... even in the middle east is way down. There isn't a shaky finger in Moscow on a button to launch a nuclear weapon at my house evaporating me, my salt and pepper slacks and 4 color bic pen.

Things are getting better.

Now all you kids can have a PB&J and watch this film about how you'll protect yourself when the Russians fire a hydrogen bomb at you.

There is a generation gap.

I predict that if you can get people to not kill each other for a couple generations, they kind of lose interest. When people aren't getting starved out, gassed. bombed and murderered by the secret police they come out a lot less weird. Ask around in Canada. You wouldn't find many takers for suicide bomber school.

That's because we live in a place where half the women aren't widows. Iran and Iraq wasted a million people in their war. We can't even conceive a million people.

Oh. Oil has nothing to do with Iran except as a source of Irans internal wealth which they seem to want to spend irritating the west. Nobody is gonna restore 40 year old oil leases that the Iranians basically stole after selling. They have customers for their oil. Whatever Iran would ever pump for us, Opec would probably choke off. No oil advantage.

What this is about is Irans testing whether it could employ some manifest destiny. Their clerics would like a united Islamic state encompassing the whole middle east. They will test us. They won't provoke a war.

It's not like the United States is immune from seeking advantage in it's dealings. I think you just have to keep some big guns pointed at Iran and wait a couple generations for them to mellow out. Eventually they'll get tired of the trade sanctions, but it doesn't matter. Iran isn't the worst place for a standard of living. A couple generations without people getting wasted right and left....

They'll chill out. It screws up your society when a bunch of you get killed. Iran took out some millions since the revolution. Lately, it's not so bad.

It sure didn't do the United States any good. We lost a million people in the last century and we got off easy.

People who haven't been brutalized don't usually end up being brutal. War, hunger, lack of medical care, job insecurity.... all brutalizing factors...

50 years of my life has seemed to me like it's giving me a bit of an ass kicking. But hell, my country didn't see hundreds of thousands of people killed by war. There were no secret police. There was no draft. Hell... a million soldiers bought it last century, but in my adult lifetime more soldiers got killed in drunk driving accidents than died in a war.

It isn't like when I was a kid and the evening news was them planting 20,000 guys. The fresh dead from Vietnam. That footage could be pre-empted by a race war when so required.

It's getting a whole lot better kids.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 5th January 2012 at 08:36.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions