Old 19th November 2005, 00:24   #1
aceman118

some help with FindWindow()

Sorry, I am extreamly new at this. I've been trying to get the hwnd of the AIM away message window so I can send it a message to click the "I'm Back" button but I am having problems finding the hwnd. Using spy++ the class of both the aim windows are "#32770 (Dialog)" which I know can't be right cause thats windows' default popup window class name. I have tried just using the hwnd given by spy++ as well but nothing seems to be working. Thanks in advance.
aceman118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2005, 15:20   #2
mydiz

Send a message via ICQ to mydiz Send a message via Yahoo to mydiz
did u try to find it with windows title?
mydiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2005, 21:26   #3
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

in another words, try different window finders, like FindWindowEx, EnumWindows, EnumChildWindows, GetNextWindow, etc...

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 00:42   #4
aceman118

Yeah. I kinda figured it out. It is just kind of strange because in AIM both the away message window and the buddy list window have the same class hex value as well. I cant use the title because AIM has the user's screen name in the title and I don't want to have to get that from the user. As of now it works as long as the away message was active last. I'm still looking for a way to distinguish between the two windows.
aceman118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development