Old 3rd December 2005, 13:07   #1
AceSpace73

Multi-HotKey?

I've been searching for plug-ins that allow combining two hotkeys into one. I downloaded about 10 hot key plugins but unfortunately none of them allowed you to combine two hotkeys (in this case I want a hotkey to delete the current playing track and then skip to the next track).

If anybody knows if there is one that does that, that'd rock. I searched for a very long time and tried some kinda scripting stuff and looked at coding and being totally new to that stuff I wasn't able to work anything out. At this point it's pissing me off enough to keep searching out of principle, LOL!!

Thanks in advance and sorry if I wasted anybodys time if this is popularly available!
AceSpace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2005, 13:51   #2
DrO

install this (and before you start playback make sure you disable the preferences on the first of it's preference pages (just so you don't start having files moved to the recycle bin on end of playback).

the delete current hotkey action with the plugin advances to the next track automatically which should do what you need

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2005, 02:19   #3
AceSpace73

You rock, Doc! Works great. Installed other plugins you have, very nice work!

My only suggestion is to include a readme file upon install explaining everything, especially how to hotkey the actions because it took me a few minutes to figure out that the hotkey is now listed in the Global Hotkeys and that is where I needed to bind it (of course, it didn't help that Global Hotkeys disappeared upon saving hotkey settings lol!)

Anyways, awesome stuff...very useful for me because I usually throw a bunch of artists together and select the songs I'm in the mood for...much easier to delete the ones I dont like and move on Thanks very much!
AceSpace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2005, 02:37   #4
DrO

yeah, i agree totally it needs some documentation (i at least need to setup a proper page for it on my site once it's a 2.0 final since i may change some other parts around before it's finished) and not assuming that everyone follows where the hotkeys are set

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development