Old 14th June 2004, 14:48   #201
Joonas
Forum King

* Resolved some issues when column size was 0, made them appear even though they shouldn't!
* Empty folders now state that they are empty.
* Loading of files is now announced so it doesn't just seem to hang
* Fixed that double click counted as a drag in drag n' drop
* If random is activated in Winamp, DL will play a random song when Play or Enqueue and play too

I know I said I was gonna add playlist support...but I got caught in all this other stuff, that was much more fun

A quick poll: Do you want playlists in DL?

/Joonas
Old 14th June 2004, 15:14   #202
fullfilth

Send a message via Yahoo to fullfilth
Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
* Resolved some issues when column size was 0, made them appear even though they shouldn't!
* Empty folders now state that they are empty.
* Loading of files is now announced so it doesn't just seem to hang
* Fixed that double click counted as a drag in drag n' drop
* If random is activated in Winamp, DL will play a random song when Play or Enqueue and play too

I know I said I was gonna add playlist support...but I got caught in all this other stuff, that was much more fun

/Joonas

sounds good to put playlist in dl. if it can be choose (optional) is better.
Old 14th June 2004, 15:19   #203
fullfilth

can you make _Restore,Ontrack,Recycled and System Volume Information folder invisible?
Old 14th June 2004, 15:38   #204
Joonas
Forum King

* Bug fix when removing a root folder
* Don't know what all those folders do...OnTrack? But all system folders are now hidden from the tree

/Joonas
Old 14th June 2004, 18:07   #205
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
???
now if i drag a column to zero length, there is no way to recover it...
would it be possible to make it act as in explorer/media library?
Quote:
cool!
for 'play' it works great
though for 'enqueue and play' weird things:
first it would be logical to play one of the files added...
second: how random is random? I mean, for me, always a song in the beginning of the playlist is played...
say, i have a 2500 songs playlist, after that I right-click a 20 files folder and select 'enqueue and play'
then the 20 songs are added and a song somewhere in the first hundred of the playlist is started...
[edit]btw, i don't really care about playing a random song on 'enqueue and play'...
on 'play' i think it's great (and it works great), but if it's too complicated for 'enqueue and play', let it be (well, that's how I feel about it, maybe someone else wants that feature...)[/edit]
Quote:

yeah!

another thing:
when you drag a file/folder and you decide to cancel it, you just stop dragging (ie release mouse button)
though after that, hovering the playlist and clicking the playlist will still add the selected files...
ie: the drag&drop is still active while it shouldn't

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 15th June 2004, 09:22   #206
hniu

DL remembers the order of the columns, when I change it, but it doesn't remember the width of each column.

Cheers,
Old 15th June 2004, 13:02   #207
Joonas
Forum King

* Column widths properly saved.
* Columns will now reset to 1 pixel in size if you drag them to zero size. This to prevent that they

disappear...
* Fixed "random" issues. I think...
* Fixed drag n' drop issue.
* Added playlist support.

The playlists aren't however fine-tuned yet, try them and complain! It also meant that the file size is once again over 100 kb. Perhaps not something that matters?

[edit]Although a playlist is saved as a .m3u file I should point out that a playlist saved in Winamp isn't compatible with DL right now. This is because a Winamp playlist is full of relative-paths and shit that I must parse. On the todo-list but no promises except in case of riots To sump up: you must create the playlist from inside DL[/edit]

Last edited by Joonas; 15th June 2004 at 13:19.
Old 15th June 2004, 13:34   #208
Paparazzi

When on the search mode, the defined Root folder does not appear in the expanded form with all subfolders below it. On clicking the + sign beside the Root folder, it all expands fine. Then, when I switch to the browse mode and get back to the search mode, DL seems to have forgotten that I had expanded the Root Folder, cause its back to the minimized setting with the + on its side.
Old 15th June 2004, 13:44   #209
Joonas
Forum King

Well...that was a request really. That the folders stay un-expanded....?

/Joonas
Old 15th June 2004, 14:17   #210
hniu

Quote:
* Column widths properly saved.
Yes! Thanx for that!

Quote:
* Columns will now reset to 1 pixel in size if you drag them to zero size. This to prevent that they disappear...
Doesn't really work When I draged a column to zero size it started behaving really strange... Do you want a screenshot? (I am using a modern skin, btw)

Quote:
* Added playlist support.
Sorry, didn't get this one... what did you added?

One more question: the "Display warning when about to perform..." tick box in the options. I didn't see any warnings so far. When I am supposed to get one ?
Old 15th June 2004, 15:16   #211
Joonas
Forum King

* Improved playlist -> now Winamp created playlists works too.

Playlist can be added just like roots and works a bit like playlists in Winamp's own playlist editor. You can have multiple playlists in DL though. You can pull files or folders from within DL to the playlist node to add files. Later on I will add a menu option, Create root playlist, when clicking a m3u file in a "real folder" as well as Send to playlist for any file + Drag from actual Windows. Hope this will be appreciated!

Quote:
Originally posted by hniu
Yes! Thanx for that!

Welcome
Quote:
Doesn't really work When I draged a column to zero size it started behaving really strange... Do you want a screenshot? (I am using a modern skin, btw)
Really? It works for me in both classic and modern so yes please a screenshot
[edit]Just noticed that the left-most column will indeed act strange...if that's what you mean?[/edit]

Quote:
One more question: the "Display warning when about to perform..." tick box in the options. I didn't see any warnings so far. When I am supposed to get one ?
Quote:
This is when you pull more than 500 songs to a specific position in hte playlist editor. Apparently Winamp doesn't add them so quickly when I say put it at index that and that...so it warn before doing that

/Joonas
Old 15th June 2004, 17:08   #212
Paparazzi

But.... I could have sworn that it remained unexpanded before the smell of the playlist caught up with it Well... If I'm mistaken, could you take it as a request...
Old 15th June 2004, 17:15   #213
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Paparazzi
When on the search mode, the defined Root folder does not appear in the expanded form with all subfolders below it. On clicking the + sign beside the Root folder, it all expands fine. Then, when I switch to the browse mode and get back to the search mode, DL seems to have forgotten that I had expanded the Root Folder, cause its back to the minimized setting with the + on its side.
Maybe I am getting this all wrong then?

"When on the search mode..." you mean browse mode?
There root folders used to appear expanded but someone (forgot who) requested that they stay closed so I changed it.
When switching back and forth between modes (Search vs Browse) it returns to closed. This is also expected behaviour since when you switch back it just resets the tree really...should it remember all expanded folders?

/Joonas
Old 15th June 2004, 19:28   #214
siebe83
Forum King

i LOVE it!!!!!!!

off course i realize you aren't finished with it, though some remarks:
- will it be possible to use 'go to folder'?
- also possiblity to remove?
- what about the order in playlists?
as it is now, just the filename (including path) order?
is that also the order in the m3u file itself?

hey, even dragging one playlist root to another works

Old 15th June 2004, 19:58   #215
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
- will it be possible to use 'go to folder'?
You mean in the same sense as Explore folder? Since go to folder actually means more "Go to root"
Or do you mean in playlists? I dunno if Go to folder will ever work there as files doesn't have to be in any root to still be in the playlist.

Quote:
- also possiblity to remove?
Remove actually is implemented...just no menu. Might not work in your release but in mine
Quote:
- what about the order in playlists?
as it is now, just the filename (including path) order?
is that also the order in the m3u file itself?
The order is alphabetical...could make it m3u file itself though...

/Joonas
Old 15th June 2004, 22:32   #216
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
You mean in the same sense as Explore folder? Since go to folder actually means more "Go to root"
Or do you mean in playlists? I dunno if Go to folder will ever work there as files doesn't have to be in any root to still be in the playlist.
i meant, just the same behaviour as with a song in the listview
(so the the folder which the file is in would be selected)
though you are right this wouldn't work if a song isn't listed in one of the rooted folders...
Quote:
Remove actually is implemented...just no menu. Might not work in your release but in mine
so my request was unnnecessary...
Quote:
The order is alphabetical...could make it m3u file itself though...
well, it's just my feeling that the idea of a playlist is that it's a sorted list of songs you want to play
so, if the order is automatically made to alphabetize the songs on filename, that idea is lost...
that would also mean that when you add files to the playlist, they should be added at the end of the playlist...
but, actually, i like your way of sorting the playlist on filename
it shouldn't take the path into account though, i think...

Old 16th June 2004, 09:07   #217
Joonas
Forum King

* Drag n' drop from Windows to LISTVIEW is now possible when a playlist is selected and shown.
* Increased "rebounding column" to 2 pixels so that modern skins also work...goddamn those modern skins
* Delete files from playlists implemented. Just Delete button so far though

[edit]btw, forgot that I changed it to sort only by filename and not path now. perhaps this should reflect path? I dunno...feedback![/edit]

/Joonas
Old 16th June 2004, 10:08   #218
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
* Drag n' drop from Windows to LISTVIEW is now possible when a playlist is selected and shown.
nice!
Quote:
[edit]btw, forgot that I changed it to sort only by filename and not path now. perhaps this should reflect path? I dunno...feedback![/edit]
you mean, reflect the path column?
would be better, I think

when selecting a folder, (and also in search mode) i like to see the files sorted by path and filename
in playlist only filename
(or does that not make sense )
ok, i'm not really convinced sorting on filename only is the best thing myself
though reflecting the path column might be good, since that way it is an option...

also, in search mode, the icon in the root list should be different (as in browse mode)
btw, now the files that are in a folder AND in a playlist are listed twice
but there's no way to see which one is in a playlist and which one in a folder...
so if you select go to folder (note the terminology btw, folder != playlist) you don't know where you will be going: the playlist or the folder...

ok, another thing:
as you know it looks weird when selecting a song with title not being the first column
wouldn't it be possible just to handle the title column the same as the other columns?
do you really need to handle title differently?

[edit]forgot to say: maybe some way of showing the number of songs in the playlist would be nice...
maybe a bar at the bottom which would show some information, like the number of songs (could be nice for folders as well...)
if you would consider making such a bar, maybe also add buttons 'play', 'enqueue', 'play&enqueue'? ;p

Old 16th June 2004, 19:07   #219
Joonas
Forum King

* Some bug fixes concerning delete files from playlists.
* Send to playlist menu option added in listview.
* Added an extra column with # (that is index of song in list)

Quote:
as you know it looks weird when selecting a song with title not being the first column
wouldn't it be possible just to handle the title column the same as the other columns?
do you really need to handle title differently?
I'm not! It's just the first being added...don't know why it looks like that But now I've added # column and it should always be put first I think..to be useful. if you don't like it just remove it and the other columns will look okay

[edit]btw...I iddn't hear anything about the increased file size, can't really do much about it either so I guess it's okay? [/edit]

/Joonas
Old 17th June 2004, 10:14   #220
siebe83
Forum King

- When a folder/playlist is empty, it'll say 'No files of the selected filetype found.' Though, when scrolling to the right, and back again, the words look weird.
- Double-click playlist should make it P, E or P&E (according to settings).
- increased filesize doesn't bother me (as long as the quality of the plugin increases as well )
- lots of issues with folder/playlist terminology (not going to mention them here all)
also 'explore this folder' (on right-click playlist) doesn't work for playlists off course
- did you enable 'add root -> playlist' in the search mode on purpose?
- is it me, or are shortcuts not working in the listview? (ie (Shift/Ctrl)+Enter, Alt+3, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+G)
- i don't manage to be able to have two root playlists...
i get the same files listed in both playlists (if i add an empty playlist, it will list the files from the other...)

When it's all sorted out, this is gonna be great!

Old 17th June 2004, 14:14   #221
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
- When a folder/playlist is empty, it'll say 'No files of the selected filetype found.' Though, when

scrolling to the right, and back again, the words look weird.
Fixed, although some flicker now. Will see if I can fix that later.
Quote:
- Double-click playlist should make it P, E or P&E (according to settings).
I am kinda torn if double-click should do anything on folders, since I double-click them to open

them...seldom use the [+] sign.
[QUOTE
- increased filesize doesn't bother me (as long as the quality of the plugin increases as well )
[/QUOTE]
Well is it?
Quote:
- lots of issues with folder/playlist terminology (not going to mention them here all)
Ah...please do. Not quite sure what you mean...you mean DL is referring to folders when it should

say playlist and vice versa? Like play whole folder should be play whole playlist? Changed it all to

just Play all, Enqueue all etc. It still makes sense I think
Quote:
also 'explore this folder' (on right-click playlist) doesn't work for playlists off course
Fixed.
Quote:
- did you enable 'add root -> playlist' in the search mode on purpose?
Nope, fixed.
Quote:
- is it me, or are shortcuts not working in the listview? (ie (Shift/Ctrl)+Enter, Alt+3, Ctrl+A,

Ctrl+G)
It's you and me and the rest of us...but not anymore!
Quote:
- i don't manage to be able to have two root playlists...
i get the same files listed in both playlists (if i add an empty playlist, it will list the files

from the other...)
Does it work now?

A friend of mine wants playlist items to be saved relative to the actual playlist so I have my work

cut out for me

/Joonas
Old 17th June 2004, 15:57   #222
hniu

Quote:
I am kinda torn if double-click should do anything on folders, since I double-click them to open

them...seldom use the [+] sign.

Sorry, for going through it again, but I would prefer if double click on folder "E & Play" in browse mode and "Go to the folder" in search mode. But then everyone have his own way of organising his music collection... Maybe make it into a drop-menu in options?...
Old 17th June 2004, 16:02   #223
Joonas
Forum King

Well it will probably never be Go to folder in Search mode. This is not to be mean but because it screws up the tree...a double click is transferred to the browse tree and if you double-click a folder high in the list in Search mode you will expand/close a folder that will end up in that very position in Browse mode.

Follow? :/

/Joonas
Old 17th June 2004, 19:50   #224
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
you mean DL is referring to folders when it should say playlist and vice versa?
yes, that's what i meant

I don't think 'go to root' is clear enough
first, it isn't always a root you're going to
second, you won't be able to see the distinction between playlist and folder entries in search mode

I would change 'Search for file in selected root:' to 'Search for file in selected folder/playlist:'
(the same for in search mode...)

also, why change 'explore this folder' to 'explore this'? it's always a folder, right?

'play all' still makes sense, though i think 'play folder' and 'play playlist' will be more clear for simple users

summarizing: I would make the distinction between folder/playlist as clear as possible
if not possible, i'd prefer 'folder/playlist', instead of 'root'
use 'root' only when it's really a root (ie in 'Add/change/remove root')
well, off course, this is how I think would me most clear...

----------
would it be possible to search for a playlist in search mode and have the songs in that playlist listed? (ie, a playlist is called 'evening.m3u'; when searching for 'evening' the songs in that playlist will be listed as search result)
don't think i'd use it, but it'd be more logical

-----------
another thing: when right-clicking a playlist -> change root, it would be nice if you'd start in the folder the playlist is in.
as it is now, there's no way to find out where a playlist is stored (only through regedit or searching your harddrive...)

-----------
sometimes, a playlist is listed twice in the 'send to playlist' menu
haven't figured out yet when exactly it happens...

-----------
well, maybe make p/e/p&e on double-click folder/playlist an option?

generally speaking, i don't think it will suffice having one options page
maybe make tabs 'General' and 'Search mode'
On the tab 'Search mode' there could also be an option like:
"Search:
- folders only
- playlists only
- folders and playlists"
That would be nice, since many users will get double results for having files in both a folder and a playlist, I think.
I think I would select 'folders only'...

Old 17th June 2004, 23:55   #225
hniu

Quote:
Well it will probably never be Go to folder in Search mode. This is not to be mean but because it screws up the tree...a double click is transferred to the browse tree and if you double-click a folder high in the list in Search mode you will expand/close a folder that will end up in that very position in Browse mode.

Follow? :/

/Joonas
I am afraid not sorry... can you explain this again please...

just to clarify again what I meant (in case there is misunderstanding) :

when you doubleclick folder in search mode it behaves the same as if I was selecting the folder and switching to browse (switches to browse mode and goes to selected folder on the tree). on the other hand double clicking the folder in browse mode just E or P (preferebly both ).

One small request related to this: when you "go to root" (through Alt+G or by switching to browse or maybe by double clicking, doesn't metter), can you expend the result folder by one level, please?

Cheers,
Old 18th June 2004, 16:44   #226
Joonas
Forum King

* Made sure DL is active window when using global hotkeys
* Fixed so delete only works on playlists (not that it worked before either, but it said it did )
* Tried to clear up the terminology...
* Actually removed playlists totally from Search mode, might feel unlogical but those files aren't really in DL anyway...they just happen to show up when you browse. I will probably put them back later but for now I really hate them
* Fixed Set root for playlists. Now the window come up on top and the directory is set correctly.
* Don't think playlists show up twice in "Send to" menu anymore

Quote:
One small request related to this: when you "go to root" (through Alt+G or by switching to browse or

maybe by double clicking, doesn't metter), can you expend the result folder by one level, please?
I don't follow...

To further explain the problem in Search mode for double-clicks...:
When you double-click a folder (No 1) the program switch to Browse mode. The double-click however is stored (or it might be one of the single-clicks that make up the double-click) and transfer over to

Browse mode. There it hit the folder (no 2) that occupy the spot where the first folder (No 1) used to be...so it either closes or expands that folder depending on its current state. I can't explain

it any better than this...its a strange behaviour from the program and it took some time until I realized what was going on in the beginning...

/Joonas
Old 19th June 2004, 11:20   #227
fullfilth

Great job Joonas!
Old 19th June 2004, 15:25   #228
siebe83
Forum King

- dragging folder1 to folder2 works, while it shoudn't (even though it shows the O/ sign)
clicking folder2 will list the songs in folder1 as well...
(also happens when dragging playlist or individual songs to a folder)
- sometimes, my playlists are erased
the playlists are still there, but empty
don't know when it happens exactly...
Quote:
* Fixed so delete only works on playlists (not that it worked before either, but it said it did )
where did it say it did?
never SAW a remove option... (?)
Quote:
* Actually removed playlists totally from Search mode, might feel unlogical but those files aren't really in DL anyway...they just happen to show up when you browse. I will probably put them back later but for now I really hate them
still show up for me... (?)

another thing:
suppose you have a playlist 'qwer' which is stored in folder 'asdf'. The folder 'asdf' is also part of the root structure. When I select that folder, the files that are in playlist 'qwer' will also be listed. I think that's weird...

It would be nice to have an option 'remove missing links' (for in playlists).

Old 19th June 2004, 22:10   #229
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
- dragging folder1 to folder2 works, while it shoudn't (even though it shows the O/ sign)
clicking folder2 will list the songs in folder1 as well...
(also happens when dragging playlist or individual songs to a folder)
I don't get it...dragging folder1 to folder2? and dragging playlist to a folder? from where?

Quote:
- sometimes, my playlists are erased
the playlists are still there, but empty
don't know when it happens exactly...
I've noticed it too...but I don't know exactly when either...
Quote:
where did it say it did?
never SAW a remove option... (?)
If you where in a regular folder, not a playlist, and pressed Delete it used to ask if you wanted to delete the file. Answering yes meant nothing as the file was kept intact...now it only asks when in a playlist (as it should be)

Quote:
It would be nice to have an option 'remove missing links' (for in playlists).
Yah, agree.

The other stuff you mentioned I will look into tomorrow.

/Joonas
Old 19th June 2004, 22:30   #230
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
I don't get it...dragging folder1 to folder2? and dragging playlist to a folder? from where?
dragging a folder/playlist (which is in the root structure) to another folder (which is in the root structure as well)

*rootA
-subfolderA1
-subfolderA2
*rootB
-subfolderB1
*rootC(playlist)

try to drag rootC to for instance subfolderA2
after that, select subfolderA2
all songs in subfolderA2 will be listed in the listview AND all songs from rootC as well (as if they are stored in subfolderA2...)

if you drag subfolderB1 to subfolderA2, the songs of subfolderB1 will be listed in subfolderA2...

(dragging individual songs the same...)

Old 20th June 2004, 11:31   #231
Joonas
Forum King

* Played around with the filter system. Rooted out some bugs in Browse mode-search.
* Fixed dragging to folders, DL now checks that it really is a playlist you're dragging to. (Doh! ) Didn't get this as I don't have that many roots.

Quote:
another thing:
suppose you have a playlist 'qwer' which is stored in folder 'asdf'. The folder 'asdf' is also part of the root structure. When I select that folder, the files that are in playlist 'qwer' will also be listed. I think that's weird...
What's weird is that it doesn't for me...I only see the m3u file...

Quote:
would it be possible to search for a playlist in search mode and have the songs in that playlist listed? (ie, a playlist is called 'evening.m3u'; when searching for 'evening' the songs in that playlist will be listed as search result) don't think i'd use it, but it'd be more logical
Don't know if it would be very logical...we'll see okay?

/Joonas
Old 20th June 2004, 12:01   #232
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Quote:
another thing:
What's weird is that it doesn't for me...I only see the m3u file...
well, i forgot to say: this only is the case when playlist 'qwer' is added as root
[edit]^_^ topic closed: I think it's solved with the latest release [/edit]

Quote:
Quote:
would it be possible to search for a playlist in search mode and have the songs in that playlist listed? (ie, a playlist is called 'evening.m3u'; when searching for 'evening' the songs in that playlist will be listed as search result) don't think i'd use it, but it'd be more logical
Don't know if it would be very logical...we'll see okay?
when you search for a folder name, the songs in that folder will be listed
so, that's why i think it would be logical to have it work for playlists as well
(but again, i don't care much about this... )

Old 20th June 2004, 12:16   #233
Paparazzi

A lil typo... In the browse mode, right click a folder and you'll see 2 "Enqueue whold folder" once with the shortcut Shift + Enter and another Ctrl + Enter.
Old 20th June 2004, 12:28   #234
Joonas
Forum King

I still don't see it..

as you can see on the attached picture: "Mix.m3u" is a root, as is "Klassiskt". Mix.m3u resides in the "Klassiskt" folder but is only shown as "Mix.m3u" even though Mix.m3u actually contains a few songs as well.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

/Joonas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dl.jpg (49.3 KB, 314 views)
Old 20th June 2004, 12:35   #235
siebe83
Forum King

ok, sorry, should have posted the edit seperately (see previous post)
i think it has been solved with the latest release: it doesn't do so anymore
sorry for wasting your time on this... :/

Old 20th June 2004, 12:40   #236
Joonas
Forum King

Not a problem! Was just confused!

Again: thanks a LOT for your help bugtesting this

/Joonas
Old 21st June 2004, 05:50   #237
Paparazzi

With the volume of comments and suggestions having dropped drastically in the recent past, it seems that the DL is more or less perfect to a normal user. Personally, I think that it is now about the perfect time to start on the ML integration. Furthur delay may cause you to lose interest as the feedback is getting less by the day!

Just my opinion...
Cheers
Old 21st June 2004, 06:16   #238
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
small thing, on right click of things in left column, it says "enqueue whole folder" 2x instead of "enqueue and play whole folder" is this a typo?

as for paparazzis statement, it is certainly up to you joonas. I know 100% ppl would be thrilled with a ml plugin. But is it ready?

• 1. Windows ME compatibility ?is this still not gonna happen? (or still a problem?)
    2. I'm sure youll still want to naildown the playlist behavior before you move on
    3. if you release a ml-plugin, the same requests for listing by/clicking columns will pop-up
    4. will size go up? not that this is a biggy.
    5. How will dl load-time afftect ml load-time?
    6. how drastic of a code change are we asking of you?
    7. will you continue to dev gen plugin or will you make a break and stick with ml plugin only?

I'm sure there are other questions before the ml plugin gets started, if it does.

Last edited by billyvnilly; 21st June 2004 at 06:34.
Old 21st June 2004, 08:23   #239
Joonas
Forum King

* Fixed typo
* Fixed some problem with playlists being deleted. Only happened if DL hadn't been opened when Winamp closed.

Quote:
when you search for a folder name, the songs in that folder will be listed
so, that's why i think it would be logical to have it work for playlists as well
(but again, i don't care much about this... )
It's possible that's the problem...that it shouldn't search for the filepath but only the filename? What do you guys think?

As for the ML-discussion...geez, I guess I will look at it later, but this has taken a lot more time than I anticipated, but I must say the plugin has become so much more than I had ever hoped for. Thanks guys for making this fun!
However...ML-plugin is something that I will not start developing before this plugin is finished and "shipped" (read: submitted)
The code changes is probably somewhat drastic as I as of yet have no idea how ML works
And ME compability...I will look at it in the next few days. Is it possible I will make it work, otherwise I guess it's time for everyone to move on to 2k and XP *blink*

My $0.02...

/Joonas
Old 21st June 2004, 10:31   #240
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
5. How will dl load-time afftect ml load-time?
that's an important one, i think

implementing dl in the ml, should not result in a worse dl or a worse ml
in that case, i really prefer a 'stand-alone' DL

Quote:
It's possible that's the problem...that it shouldn't search for the filepath but only the filename? What do you guys think?
that's the opposite of what i want
i really like the fact, that the songs in a folder are listed when searching for a folder name (or filepath...)
it's just that i don't care that much about searching playlists...
(it was purely a logical issue, but if that results in less features, let it be )
so, again, forget about it...

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development