Old 21st June 2004, 10:25   #241
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
implementing dl in the ml, should not result in a worse dl or a worse ml
in that case, i really prefer a 'stand-alone' DL
I do prefer a stand-alone DL too...

Well now DL also finds the songs in a playlist when you search for the filename of the playlist in Search mode. I don't think this is very logical though since you can't see that it belongs to a playlist that easy...but try and see what you think.

/Joonas
Old 21st June 2004, 13:04   #242
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
is anyone running ME that is still reading this thread? The only reason i discovered this problem was when i was visiting parents and they have ME.
Old 21st June 2004, 17:45   #243
Joonas
Forum King

* Fixed some shortcut probs
* Added option to remove playlist items from Search mode. This can be used to prevent doubles.

/Joonas
Old 22nd June 2004, 14:03   #244
siebe83
Forum King

I run WinME on my old pc (which I hardly use). You're right, it isn't working.

@joonas:
and you added 'clear broken links'

would it be possible to use a different layout for playlist entries in search mode?
(can't think of anything atm, but something like italic font)

some terminology issues:
- 'matching folders:' (in search mode) should be 'matching folders/playlists:' (though, off course, it depends on prefs wether playlists are showed... )
- right-click playlist in search mode will show 'go to folder'; should be 'go to playlist' (ie in the left pane)
- 'Search for file(s) in selected folder/playlist:' is too long, I think

another thing
part of my root structure
*root1
-sub1
-sub2
~subsub1
~subsub2
~subsub3
~subsub4
~subsub5
.......etc. (a lot of subsubs, ie albums )

when in search mode you right-click a folder low in the structure (for instance subsub40) and click 'go to folder' dl will open that folder in browse mode but the selected folder isn't visible (ie, i think the folder pane should be scrolled down to the position of the selected folder)
possible?

[edit]
forgot to ask:
will you add a menu entry to delete songs from a playlist?

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 23rd June 2004, 08:53   #245
Joonas
Forum King

Strange...it scrolls down for me. Again I am cursing Windows different behaviour

Guess I could try and tweak it some...hard to test for me though.

/Joonas
Old 23rd June 2004, 17:32   #246
Ikarus7

hey Joonas.
I Like the plugin a lot, but there are two main reasons for me just to follow its development and testing it from time to time :

A) it uses its own window.
I would love to see the trees integrated into the ml.
(Main Reason)

B) Loading
My harddisk has to load the files.
Couldnt it be possible to read the file infos from the media library database ?

please answer.
Greetings, Ikarus
Old 23rd June 2004, 20:53   #247
Joonas
Forum King

Hi Ikarus!

My answers to your questions...
A) yes it uses its own window. That's the good thing I think I don't like ML...

B) Loading. Yes it has to scan the harddrive for the files...that's also good. That way it always reflects the actual songs on your harddrive and not at the time of your scanning...it also means I don't have to rescan if I add songs frequently (which I do ) Also I don't like ML so I don't use that database...

Don't get me wrong though...all you guys seem to love ML so I will see what I can do about integrating the plugin into ML at a later date...but again, I will finish this stand-alone plugin first

/Joonas
Old 25th June 2004, 12:27   #248
siebe83
Forum King

* Am I right that 'clear broken links' isn't working for playlists? I remember it working (? )...

* Would it be possible, when you searched for a song in the search bar that the found song(s) will be Ped, Eed or Ped&Eed on enter, shift+enter and ctrl+enter ? (something like in Jump to File box, but in this case with P, E and P&E)

-------
I think the finishing of DL is near... Or am i wrong? Do you have other plans with it? (apart from the might-be-possible ML-implementation)
I don't know wether you kept logs of the things mentioned in this thread, but if you want I could make a survey of things you did not implement/address at the time, so you'd know what issues are left...

Old 28th June 2004, 04:40   #249
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

alright, the thread has slown/slowed down, so ill ask for a feature.

1.Being able to import from the playlist into playlists created in dl. i.e. drag and drop, or rightclick>send to option would be nice.

2.does winamp read the playlist when you first create it, or do you have to close+reload winamp...cause its not in the folder until after reload correct?

3.i put up some code i found, for "send to" in windows explorer--dont know if its the same code for adding this perhaps to winamp right click "send to" menu. still i think being able to send music from playlist to dl playlist would be good. I posted the vbs, but noone took notice here is the linky

What i want is very similar to the media library's import playlist option.
Old 28th June 2004, 19:50   #250
hniu

I think that DL is almost perfect now, except just a few things, which I mentioned before, so sorry about going over the same thing again, but there no more issues left from my point of view:

1. When I play or enqueue a folder with m3u (or pls) file and also mp3 files. - mp3 files will appear twice on the playlist. I realise, that DL doesn't scan the whole folder before sending it to winamp playlist, so this one is not very easy to fix, but I think many people will have similar problem, so this issue should be addressed somehow...

2. This one is much easier, I think. When you "Go to folder", would it be possible to automatically "unfold" the destination folder in browse mode? This will just save an extra click and as I do it quite often, it will in fact save lots of clicks!

Cheers,
Old 29th June 2004, 16:19   #251
Joonas
Forum King

Jesus...have had so much to do I haven't had time do much work on DL for the past few days...but I started a bit today again...

Quote:
2.does winamp read the playlist when you first create it, or do you have to close+reload winamp...cause its not in the folder until after reload correct?
In the folder? Physically?
Quote:
1. When I play or enqueue a folder with m3u (or pls) file and also mp3 files. - mp3 files will appear twice on the playlist. I realise, that DL doesn't scan the whole folder before sending it to winamp playlist, so this one is not very easy to fix, but I think many people will have similar problem, so this issue should be addressed somehow...
Made an attempt at this...look in the next release, due soon...
Quote:
2. This one is much easier, I think. When you "Go to folder", would it be possible to automatically "unfold" the destination folder in browse mode? This will just save an extra click and as I do it quite often, it will in fact save lots of clicks!
I know we've talked about this before...and I think it's kinda strange behaviour if it switches to the selected folder automatically...I often use search mode just to access all nodes and don't want to mess up Browse mode...but that's just me perhaps?

/Joonas
Old 30th June 2004, 13:00   #252
artitumis

Send a message via AIM to artitumis Send a message via Yahoo to artitumis
Wow, I read the first few pages of this thread and I'm truely impressed with what I've read. I'm about to dl the plugin for my machine here at work and we'll see how goes.

Tonight when I get back to the room, I'll throw it on my PC there. I'm one of the what seems like millions of SHOUTcast DJs out there and this could really simplify the process of getting files in the playlist for play. I really dislike the built in library included with Winamp that I never use it.

I'll dl the plugin now and post on how it goes on the machine I'm using now. I'll also post again after I get it on my home PC.
Old 30th June 2004, 13:32   #253
artitumis

Whee! Working great. I don't have a lot of mp3s on the hd of this machine because it is at work but it should do real well on my PC. I do have one question. Since I don't have a lot of mp3s (actually, just one Dave Matthews CD) on this hd, how do I set up the multiple roots? I saw this mentioned earlier but can't find exactly how to do it.

Other than that, I love the plug-in. Great work!
Old 30th June 2004, 14:55   #254
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
how do I set up the multiple roots? I saw this mentioned earlier but can't find exactly how to do it.
Just right-click anywhere in the tree window and select Add root and then folder or playlist

Quote:
I really dislike the built in library included with Winamp that I never use it.
*cheer*

/Joonas
Old 30th June 2004, 15:31   #255
artitumis

Just got it on my PC and it rocks. Wow, I love that. No more having to use the add button on the playlist to make my radio playlist! Whee! Good stuff.
Old 1st July 2004, 20:22   #256
Joonas
Forum King

* Added so you have to confirm adding files to Winamp playlist.
* Fixed a bug adding files when you had a search text.
* Added Copy file(s) so you can copy selected files quickly to a mounted drive...or folder. Made it so I could add the files to my mp3-player that mounts as a drive in Windows.
Old 5th July 2004, 11:47   #257
Joonas
Forum King

* Fixed so that refreshes due to change in directory structure refreshes more smoothly (I hope...)
* Added ability to Delete file(s)
* Changed so that roots that are no longer valid are being watched if they reappear. This is good for example a mp3-player that mounts as a drive. This way you don't have to re-add it every time.

Much of these things has been implemented to help me make the most of my new mp3-player as you might've guessed

Other than that I think this thread has gone dry...is it vitally important the things you've mentioned recently? Like the various behaviour in switch between Search and Browse mode?
I kinda like it like it is...but it's not just me that should be happy...

Anything else someone has thought of? Else I think we begin to wrap this plugin up. I will take a peek at ML-plugins but as I have to work the next few weeks this will not be top priority.

If we're about to end this thread soon I just want to again thank everyone for their input and enthusiasm that really made this plugin really fun to develop

[edit]Fixed so that folders always are visible when selecting Go to folder[/edit]

/Joonas

Last edited by Joonas; 5th July 2004 at 12:27.
Old 5th July 2004, 12:40   #258
siebe83
Forum King

I like it the way it is, as well.
And thank YOU for developing it!
I love it

Only one small problem...
Since the latest update I get this message on startup of Winamp (and Winamp crashes...)
AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.0.0.3 ModName: gen_library.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000680e

What could it be?

Another thing: the horizontal scrollbar in the folder pane shows up too low (see attachment).
Maybe you fixed it already, but I cannot try since it's not working...

Apart from the crash, I think it's a perfect plugin!

i really hope you can fix it...

Old 5th July 2004, 12:41   #259
siebe83
Forum King

off course it's not possible to attach a screenshot after hitting submit

[edit]
about that crash: i'm not sure wether it's the latest update that caused it... I missed the previous one (1st of July)...
Attached Images
File Type: png scroll.png (2.2 KB, 372 views)

Last edited by siebe83; 5th July 2004 at 13:01.
Old 5th July 2004, 14:12   #260
Joonas
Forum King

Nah it is the last release...

I fixed it I think. Though there are still some bugs concerning drives that can be mounted/dismounted. If you don't have any of those it shouldn't be any problems. Try it and I will try to fix this ASAP

Oh and btw, I think I corrected that tree being slightly too large for the window. Don't see it that much since I use classic but at least it should be the same size as the listview now!

[edit]works much better now...if someone has a mp3-player they are very welcome to try and break this...likely it's easy Oh and I also added quick and dirty import from Winamp playlist now...remember someone wanted that and just noticed I did too and woooah it was quick [/edit]

/Joonas

Last edited by Joonas; 5th July 2004 at 14:43.
Old 5th July 2004, 14:50   #261
siebe83
Forum King

Yes! You fixed it

Don't have drives that can be mounted/unmounted (only had the cd drive rooted, but i disabled it through regedit and it still crashed. Now works perfectly)

btw, the screenshot i provided is a classic skin as well...

ok, i asked this before, but are you going to add a menu option to delete songs from a playlist (or do you have a reason not to?)

also, I think the 'clear broken links' function is not working (at least, it doesn't do what i expected it to do, i.e. delete non-existing songs from a playlist... am i wrong expecting that?)

(small issue: it's a little bit annoying that after deleting a file from a subfolder (through DL), that root will be folded up, so you have to refind the folder again)

[edit]
esthetically speaking, it'd be nice if the m3u extension would be hidden for rooted playlists (i.e. in the folder pane)
if you don't feel the same, please ignore...

Last edited by siebe83; 5th July 2004 at 15:10.
Old 5th July 2004, 18:38   #262
Joonas
Forum King

* Moved Broken links to tree-menu - Check it out!
* Fixed so that it says Remove file(s) from playlist when in playlist root and Delete file(s) in a folder root. You can't use Delete button anymore. That's life

Will look at the other stuff tomorrow or something.

/Joonas
Old 6th July 2004, 10:57   #263
siebe83
Forum King

cool
it's better in the tree-menu, you're right (was getting crowdy in the right-click-song-menu )

did you notice the bug after removing a file from a playlist?
the dialog box comes up and i clicked yes
the result is in the screenshot i attached (if that helps you...)
i.e. Winamp crashed
Attached Images
File Type: png error.png (16.4 KB, 331 views)

Old 7th July 2004, 07:12   #264
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

1.yes i am getting same runtime error in XP.

2.can "Import playlist from winamp" be updated automatically. i have to click something else in dl, then reopen playlist to get it to show songs.

3.request - whenever playlists are created, that they are created in both the dl as well under ml>playlists. (saved as #######.m3u under winamp\plugins\ml)

3b.-OR-setup a directory for saved playlists (will show up as playlist roots, not folder root with playlists in it)

4. whenever you remove a root playlist, could it be deleted from computer? send to recycle bin?
Old 7th July 2004, 13:02   #265
siebe83
Forum King

While fastly minimizing/deminimizing Winamp to systray with DL opened, this happened:
AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.0.0.3 ModName: gen_library.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000dff4

Hope it's of any use...

Some other points:
- right-click a playlist in the left pane of search mode, it should say 'go to playlist'
- right-click a playlist entry in the listview of search mode, it should show the option 'remove file(s) from playlist' instead of 'remove file(s)' (which will indeed remove the file)
or is that expected behaviour?

Old 7th July 2004, 16:33   #266
siebe83
Forum King

sorry to bother you again; it's too late to edit my previous post

DL isn't listed in the right-click-main-window-menu when DL is opened (in classic skins) :/

Old 8th July 2004, 20:48   #267
Joonas
Forum King

* Fixed import instant update.
* Think I fixed missing menu item...try it!
* Added so that DL asks if you want to delete the playlist-file when you remove it from root.
* Think I've fixed so you can remove items from playlists too...

Quote:
- right-click a playlist in the left pane of search mode, it should say 'go to playlist'
- right-click a playlist entry in the listview of search mode, it should show the option 'remove file(s) from playlist' instead of 'remove file(s)' (which will indeed remove the file)
or is that expected behaviour?
These issues is something I have to ponder...I still don't think playlists should be in search mode...since those files aren't actually in the library...

As for billyvnilly's suggestions about playlists...ML isn't something I think I should mess with right now...must say the information on how to use it is kinda bad too ;(
The other suggestion about a playlist folder...well there's nothing stopping you from making it yourself...I kinda think it's better like it is now that you can have the file anywhere you'd like...for those who don't like and don't use ML (like me )
Old 8th July 2004, 21:00   #268
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

THis is awesome! thankyou. yeah the ml wish would interfere too much with others...but thankyou again for everything else...

[edit]i was using "import playlist" and it displays the playlist 2x once something is imported[/edit]
Old 8th July 2004, 21:22   #269
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
* Fixed import instant update.
* Think I fixed missing menu item...try it!
* Added so that DL asks if you want to delete the playlist-file when you remove it from root.
* Think I've fixed so you can remove items from playlists too...

Quote:
These issues is something I have to ponder...I still don't think playlists should be in search mode...since those files aren't actually in the library...
ok: it's your decision then
though now it says 'remove file(s) from playlist' for ALL files in search mode (?!)
well, think about it, but don't forget to decide

btw: all my playlist were erased after the latest update
weird it's suddenly all gone...

I can't think of any issues anymore, i'd say it's finished
(if I notice any bugs, I'll post back)

Many, many thanks for making this great plugin!

Old 9th July 2004, 04:58   #270
Joonas
Forum King

* Some general fixes...

I know there are some issues about playlists...changed some. Not all. Have to go to work now

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
ok: it's your decision then
though now it says 'remove file(s) from playlist' for ALL files in search mode (?!)
well, think about it, but don't forget to decide
Well yes it is my decision but what do you think? Should the playlists items be considered files just as much as any other?

/Joonas

Last edited by Joonas; 9th July 2004 at 05:27.
Old 9th July 2004, 12:53   #271
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Yes

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 9th July 2004, 19:04   #272
jojo 544
Major Dude

Hi ,

I just came across this thread, but i see the last post is from 27/5/2004, so i was wondering has there been any further developement since then?

More specific intrest:

Quote:
I got one week of school left and then lots of free time. I will evaluate my own interest in this after that. I might just decide to make a ML-plugin myself. If not, I'll share the source with you. Fair enough?

/Jonas
Old 9th July 2004, 19:05   #273
jojo 544
Major Dude

oeps, forgot to browse next pages... sorry

*sigh (still) under construction*
Old 9th July 2004, 19:28   #274
Carno

Just wanto cast a vote for _not_ integrating dl with the ml. I use dl for different files and folders than ml to prevent ml_ipod smart playlists from having duplicates. I like having 2 different libraries.
Old 9th July 2004, 20:45   #275
jojo 544
Major Dude

Ok, i've been reading the whole 7 pages now (quickly), as i see there are people who prefer ml, others who prefere dl and some more who use both. Both ml and dl have features the other doesn't, so i guess i'll be on the last category (using both).., doing so i would like to be able to do this in the same window, but as i've read it's not a priority so i'll just wait and see what happens
I like this plugin and the way it's been developed very much, keep up the good workx
I might send some more feedback after i used it for a while but so far it seems to be cool.

BTW, when u're finished working on this one i have a suggestion for a next project to work on. It's been asked for many times on these forums, but still no one made it yet, and i think it's not so hard to do. I don't know about coding at all, but i see you did a great job on this one so i thought it was worth to mention:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=179079

(just one of the threats about this item, i'm still desperately waiting for to be realized)

*sigh (still) under construction*
Old 10th July 2004, 09:22   #276
Joonas
Forum King

* You can't delete or remove files in Search mode anymore. That was just plain stupid on my part...it's hard to see what file it really is and thus it should be kept safe
* Fixed some playlist vs root menus.
* Don't think any playlists should disappear anymore

I think that other plugin would be very cool I think I will start look into that!
Old 10th July 2004, 15:03   #277
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:

I think that other plugin would be very cool I think I will start look into that!
Great! already looking foreward to it !

As i promised before some more feedback (forgive me for some of it might be asked or said before)

1) click on search field select the search term, but how i can put my cursor somewhere between two characters with nothing selected wthout using the arows? (i remember reading something about double click but that dont work)

2) Enqueue after current would be a nice option in rightclick menu

3) Sorting collums by clicking on headers

4) Show total time of all displayed files

5) How 'bout this (see screenshot)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dl.jpg (95.7 KB, 338 views)
Old 10th July 2004, 18:34   #278
siebe83
Forum King

did you increase startup time or something?
it's much fast now
(or is it just me?)

on jojo 544's first point:
maybe after all the best behaviour would be this:
-one click will place the cursor at the spot you clicked
-double-click will select whole search term
(this has been discussed before, though I think jojo 544 is right...)

your 3rd and 4th points will cause serious delays in loading time, since to do that DL would have to scan all files in that specific folder and their id tags
that'd take minutes for a folder with 2000 songs in it

the point is DL works in 'real-time'
it shows whatever is in a folder at that time
DL doesn't use a database to store file info for fast accessing ID3-info

Old 11th July 2004, 13:16   #279
Joonas
Forum King

* Fixed some bugs concerning first time use. Never noticed them until I reinstalled Windows and I couldn't get DL to work
* Double-click in search field now selects all
* Alt+Enter and Enqueue after current menu item is now available.

Quote:
your 3rd and 4th points will cause serious delays in loading time, since to do that DL would have to scan all files in that specific folder and their id tags
that'd take minutes for a folder with 2000 songs in it

the point is DL works in 'real-time'
it shows whatever is in a folder at that time
DL doesn't use a database to store file info for fast accessing ID3-info
I've taught you well

/Joonas
Old 11th July 2004, 15:05   #280
siebe83
Forum King

That's great!
Maybe it'd be nice to implement it in right-click folder/playlist menu as well?
(if you think in that case the lines would get to long (i.e. 'enqueue whole folder after current'), maybe just leave 'whole folder' out: it's rather obvious that it affects the whole folder, right? or leave it in: who cares about long lines )

Btw, when I used the 'enqueue after current' for >500 files, I got that warning message. So I decided to cancel, and I clicked No, but the files were added nevertheless!

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development