Old 5th August 2014, 21:36   #1
DJboutit

Send a message via AIM to DJboutit
Shoutcast Stuck Show Same Track How Do I fix This??

Shoutcast is stuck showing the same track it will not change with the next track how do I fix this??

I am using

Newest version of winamp
server 1.9.8
dsp 1.9.0

I have already tried the newest version of shoutcast could not get it to work so I down graded
DJboutit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 21:47   #2
DrO

well you're somewhat in a tricky place as we don't support either of those versions of the DNAS or the Source DSP.

if you have a working v1.x DNAS configuration, then you should just be able to replace the sc_serv program file and it work (as long as the source is correctly setup so auto-authhash generation will work, otherwise you'll need to create an authhash for the stream which is a simple process).

as for the Source DSP, that has so many bugs i don't even know where to start and can only say that you really need to be using a current Winamp release (as from my signature) and Source DSP.

also what didn't work when trying to use the current v2.x DNAS ? it crashed or something else ? either way i can try to help if there are setup issues, etc (as you appear to manage the DNAS yourself).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 22:04   #3
DJboutit

v2 It was pain in the rear to get running in the first place and it would not list currently track
Old 5th August 2014, 22:11   #4
DrO

saying it's a pain doesn't really help us to work out what was the problem in getting things setup, though i don't know what you actually did (using an existing setup or using setup mode or manually making a config file) to try to help further.

i am willing to help you to update / get things working, but if that's not wanted, then there's nothing else i can offer to help with your issue with those unsupported versions as i can only provide you help with the current DNAS and Source DSP versions.
Old 5th August 2014, 22:18   #5
DJboutit

I was able to get it working after like 45min but I could not get it to listen current track playing. One thing I do not like is the server now opens a command prompt and not the the little icon in the task bar
Old 5th August 2014, 22:45   #6
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
but I could not get it to listen current track playing.
that isn't making any sense to me in normal english. do you mean you could not play the stream or it just didn't show the current playing title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
One thing I do not like is the server now opens a command prompt and not the the little icon in the task bar
the information and workings are the same, it's just the GUI frame around it which is different (and it's been years since i last heard someone state that as a reason for not liking the v2.x DNAS. there is a 3rd party GUI which adds a Windows program window frame around things if you absolutely need that (but it does not add any true functionality to how the DNAS works).

so do you want me to help you update to the current supported version of the tools or not ? if yes i will do what i can to help you and if no then you'll need to find a solution to your issue yourself (as we have no way of dealing with 7+ year old versions of software as both of those things are).
Old 5th August 2014, 22:48   #7
DJboutit

I could not get it to list the current track playing
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support