Old 31st December 2019, 20:41   #1
mjh8905

Shoutcast stations won't play

I've used Winamp and Shoutcast on many computers over the years and never had any trouble. However, I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad S340 laptop and now have a problem. Normally, when you click on the triangle to the left of a Shoutcast station you want to hear, it connects and begins to play. However, when I do that on my Lenovo, it tries to download a file called "tunein-station.pls" It asks me if I want to open or save the file. I've tried both choices but the station I select does not play. I've tried various searchs on the Winamp forums but can find nothing which seems relevant. I had version 5.8 installed. I uninstalled it and installed version 5.666 but it had no effect. Still won't load or play any station I try. I can copy and paste a Shoutcast station URL and Winamp works fine. Would appreciate any suggestions you might have.
Mike
mjh8905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2019, 20:46   #2
LStratmann

Hey,
Do I understand that you are trying to listen to your station through the SHOUTcast directory?

The .pls is normally only downloaded if it is AAC and therefore the stream cannot be played or if you click on the download icon.
LStratmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2019, 20:53   #3
mjh8905

I use the Shoutcast directory to locate new stations or refresh old ones that have changed their URL. When I find a new one I like or refresh an old one that has changed, I bookmark it and use the bookmark to play later. I just tried stations that use ACC and MP3. Both types gave the same message "Do you want to open or save this file? (tunein-station.pls)"
Old 31st December 2019, 20:58   #4
LStratmann

So you want to hear the stream on your SHOUTcast page?
Old 31st December 2019, 21:13   #5
mjh8905

I'm not sure I understand your question. When I open Winamp, it displays three windows: Winamp, Playlist Editor and Media Library. The Shoutcast stations are listed in the Media Library window. When I successfully select a station that plays, it shows up on the Winamp and Playlist Editor windows. I do not have a Shoutcast station or page.
Old 31st December 2019, 21:17   #6
LStratmann

You have set up a SHOUTcast server, haven't you? I mean the URL of the SHOUTcast Station.
Old 31st December 2019, 22:13   #7
mjh8905

It sounds as if you think I have my own Shoutcast streaming station. I have not set up a Shoutcast server because I do not have a station. I am merely a Winamp user that is trying to get other Shoutcast stations to play.
Old 31st December 2019, 22:53   #8
LStratmann

Then you are in the wrong place. You need to go to the Winamp category.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions