Old 2nd April 2004, 20:58   #1
Digitalhigh

Project hAxOr - Graphic Geek Wanted

Let's try this once again, only this time, without the drama.

The attached image is a project I've had on the shelf for a while. The majority of the coding is done already, I just want somebody to create a few extra graphic elements for the shade mode, redo the standardframe, and possibly re-design the main window; as the source images used to create it were not my own (although what you see has been done by me). This is a very functional player, but between the extensive coding and Graphix editing, I just ran out of gas. If somebody wants to help make a killer modern skin, then drop me a line, and let's get crackin. If you want to see more, I have a working version available to those who PM me.
Attached Images
File Type: png shitpix.png (79.8 KB, 734 views)
Digitalhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2004, 11:28   #2
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

i have the feeling ive seen this skin before but not by you...and i have it on my hd sumwhere. ill go searching for a while til i find it.

-matt

matt_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2004, 17:35   #3
trailblazer

yeah, that's Microamp. hmmmm.
trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2004, 20:29   #4
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

It has somewhat of a dubious history around these parts as well...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=126009
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=118909

So which one are you Jimmy, digitalhigh or flipper?, or neither...

/never mind, answered my own question with an ip check, I do so hope we are not going to end up going back down the same road again.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2004, 00:55   #5
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

why does it seem that every time i see this skin that its looking more and more pixilated and the quality is really crap. see example below.

Original Image

Last Image Uploaded

interesting...

-matt

Old 4th April 2004, 20:01   #6
trailblazer

Wow, the original skin is sweet...
trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2004, 21:06   #7
Icegod

Quote:
Originally posted by matt_69
why does it seem that every time i see this skin that its looking more and more pixilated and the quality is really crap. see example below.
Desktopalpha?
Icegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2004, 22:05   #8
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Quote:

Original Image
[Image]

Last Image Uploaded
[Image]

interesting...

-matt
because the later pictures are ripped from the origional. They just stole the pic, and don't have the .pds and didn't make their own.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 05:15   #9
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
because the later pictures are ripped from the origional. They just stole the pic, and don't have the .pds and didn't make their own.

icegod its because as dlink said its just been ripped off the net so many times that the quility has been taken down many times.

don't know whether this should be done but me thinks that this thread should be closed...no point it going any further if its a rip.

-matt

Old 6th April 2004, 02:35   #10
VAG
Major Dude

Guys, it's obviously ripped BUT, the reason for pixelations is not that the ripper didn't had the PSD, it's because he crashed more the PNGs that were in the skin.

Other than that I see that in the screenshot don't has DesktopAlpha enabled, or he tried to rip the background PNG of this skin and to manualy delete the shadow under it with a magic wand in Photoshop.......

Ripping is a bad thing to do no matter what, and specialy from people that they have the will to create something unique but they are so lazy to do this and try to find "other ways" to steal someone's elses effort and time.

Be Unique and creative and fuck the rest, just be yourself and show your best side of yourself and not the bad, like this above I see......

LaterZzz
VAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 17:36   #11
Digitalhigh

Sorry, but no, it's not ripped. I used to be Digitalhigh, but got pissed and quit. You can call me a thief, and I'll admit that the grafix on the main were created by flipper, but if you read my original remarks the main is the part that I want to replace. The ss is crappy because I snapped one in paint quickly. Read Jones's comment again, and you'll understand that I'm not a thief/ripper. I don't want to start a fight, I just want somebody who will do the graphics for my skin, as opposed to me coding somebody elses skin. Thanks. Any comments outside of "Sure, I'd like to help." are most unwanted and unwelcome.
Old 7th April 2004, 06:28   #12
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

i wouldn't be looking for a graphic artist right now, the GUI Olympics are on so most decent skinners are quite busy.

-matt

Old 7th April 2004, 19:44   #13
Digitalhigh

Quote:
i wouldn't be looking for a graphic artist right now, the GUI Olympics are on so most decent skinners are quite busy.

-matt
Duly noted. And when, prey tell, are the Olympics over?
Old 8th April 2004, 07:17   #14
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

should be about the end of may if all goes well..if im not too tired i might do sum graphics after them.

-matt

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins