Old 25th May 2000, 22:44   #1
MP3J ToyZ

Maybe I'm jumping the gun but It has been 0 for the last couple of hours! How do i know if there isnt any problems on the client side? The music sounds great on my side, so...? I'm jumping the gun?
Old 26th May 2000, 03:47   #2
physrat

Hi, I just started this myself (my summer vacation toy) and have been running a server with classic rock and metal. My pattern of listeners usually goes something like this: I'll go maybe 30 minutes with no one, then 1, then 2, then 3, then it'll fluctuate up and down (my max is 5, i've only been at this for 2 days), but I've been holding pretty constant at 2 mostly. I suppose it depends on what sort of music you're playing too.
Old 26th May 2000, 03:51   #3
physrat

I just realized I didn't completely answer your question: I made sure everything was OK on my end by having a friend tune in. If you don't know anyone who has winamp and can help you out, there may be people around here that might.
Old 26th May 2000, 04:52   #4
BJJ

Hmm..It does sound like your jumping the gun! Usually,as a starter..you should be getting 2-3 listeners..if your lucky..more! You also need to play music that people in your Genre will want to hear..and the most important part..skipping! Skipping is the most provedent problem with most broadcasters..if you are using a Dial up modem to a 56k,try using a low bit-rate like an 8 by 11,which would be great for a low speed modem! If you guys have anymore questions..visit the forum on my webpage..www.oceancityradio.com..you'll be able to have more comprehensive help there!
Old 27th May 2000, 01:29   #5
pr0ject

See post:
http://forums.winamp.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000028.html
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions