Old 10th March 2007, 15:30   #1
HTID

Jump to file feature

Does the jump to file feature have a problem with searching for words of 2 characters or below?

If I try searching for "Dance Me" it brings up anything with just "Dance" in the title.
HTID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 16:05   #2
abhijeet

Quote:
originally quoted by HTID
Does the jump to file feature have a problem with searching for words of 2 characters or below?
If I try searching for "Dance Me" it brings up anything with just "Dance" in the title.
It will find all files having "Dance" and/or "Me" words in the title.
abhijeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 16:07   #3
MasterViVi

I just tried with "live in" and it worked for me, it didn't show stuff with just "live". Do note that JTFE searches for "me" in everything, be it the artist or album (AFAIK).

What I did just notice is that JTFE is unable to display Unicode characters. It is however able to search for them... weird.
MasterViVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 16:16   #4
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

There was a working unicode hack for the older Winamp versions, but one of the new Winamp versions breaked it, if I can remember correctly.

I'm sure DrO will work on a fix, when he has time for doing it.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 16:17   #5
HTID

Quote:
Originally posted by abhijeet
It will find all files having "Dance" and/or "Me" words in the title.
Do you know if there's a way to change that behaviour? I would rather it search for exactly what I specify.
Old 10th March 2007, 16:24   #6
abhijeet

Quote:
Originally quoted by HTID
Do you know if there's a way to change that behaviour? I would rather it search for exactly what I specify.
DrO can clarify this. you want result having all files with "Dance Me" string in title and not "Dance" and "Me".
abhijeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 16:39   #7
HTID

Quote:
Originally posted by abhijeet
DrO can clarify this. you want result having all files with "Dance Me" string in title and not "Dance" and "Me".
I've sent him a PM, thanks
Old 10th March 2007, 18:06   #8
DrO

the search is based on the playlist file entry and the title that is associated with that entry - is how the mode has always been even before the jtfe plugin was able to override the mode (as is pumped to the plugin)

as such if there is any occurrance of 'dance' and 'me' then it will show as a valid result as has been found. it might be possible to add the ability to search based on "dance me" to do a complete string search but i've other aspects of the plugin to work on (just finishing the internal changes to get a new public build) before i look at the search implementation again.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 19:56   #9
HTID

I've just checked again, and it is definitely showing things that only have 'dance' in them:

Old 10th March 2007, 20:03   #10
DrO

can you attach a copy of those search results please (right-click on the list and use the 'save current search' option) just so i can see where it might be pulling those results from

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 22:31   #11
HTID

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
can you attach a copy of those search results please (right-click on the list and use the 'save current search' option) just so i can see where it might be pulling those results from

-daz
It seems to be finding the 'me' in the directory the files are stored in (c:\documents and settings\tye\my documents\my music\albums\)

Here's the search:

Quote:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:274,Andy Whitby - The Last Dance (Flyin' & Sparky Remix)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Nation 2\Disc 2\18-Andy Whitby-The Last Dance (Flyin' & Sparky Remix).mp3
#EXTINF:248,Andy Whitby - The Last Dance Vocal Club Mix
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Frantic Residents 05\10-Andy Whitby-The Last Dance Vocal Club Mix.mp3
#EXTINF:274,Apollo - Dance (Re-Con Remix)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Clubland X-Treme Hardcore\Disc 1\13-Apollo-Dance (Re-Con Remix).mp3
#EXTINF:271,Asa & S1 - Makin Me Wanna Dance (Sy & Unknown Remix)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Classics\Disc 3\16-Asa & S1-Makin Me Wanna Dance (Sy & Unknown Remix).mp3
#EXTINF:345,Asa & S1 Feat. Lou Lou - Makin' Me Wanna Dance (VIP Mix)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Heaven\Disc 1\01-Asa & S1 Feat. Lou Lou-Makin' Me Wanna Dance (VIP Mix).mp3
#EXTINF:203,Ã…sa, Lou Lou & S1 - Makin' Me Wanna Dance (Sy & Unknown Remix)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Bonkers 13\Disc 4\10-Ã…sa, Lou Lou & S1-Makin' Me Wanna Dance (Sy & Unknown Remix).mp3
#EXTINF:159,BK & Andy Farley/Tom Neville/DJ Millo/Visa - The Last Dance
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Frantic Residents 05\17-BK & Andy Farley-Tom Neville-DJ Millo-Visa-The Last Dance.mp3
#EXTINF:177,Dancelords - Promises
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Heaven\Disc 3\03-Dancelords-Promises.mp3
#EXTINF:191,Dancelordz - Fly
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Heaven 2\Disc 3\04-Dancelordz-Fly.mp3
#EXTINF:227,Dancelordz - Promises (Kevin Energy Remix)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Heaven 2\Disc 3\02-Dancelordz-Promises (Kevin Energy Remix).mp3
#EXTINF:151,Dancelordz - Together
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Heaven 4\Disc 2\02-Dancelordz-Together.mp3
#EXTINF:175,Double Dutch - Dance & Spin
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Euphoria\Disc 3\15-Double Dutch-Dance & Spin.mp3
#EXTINF:321,Dougal & Gammer - Rock The Dance Floor
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\The No. 1 Hardcore Classics Album\Disc 3\02-Dougal & Gammer-Rock The Dance Floor.mp3
#EXTINF:221,Dougal & Gammer - Rock The Dancefloor
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Bonkers 15\Disc 4\02-Dougal & Gammer-Rock The Dancefloor.mp3
#EXTINF:256,Dreadhead - Dancefloor Tremor
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Heaven\Disc 2\17-Dreadhead-Dancefloor Tremor.mp3
#EXTINF:278,Flyin' & Sparky Feat. Charm - Just Gotta Dance (Stormtrooper Remix)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Nation 2\Disc 1\08-Flyin' & Sparky Feat. Charm-Just Gotta Dance (Stormtrooper Remix).mp3
#EXTINF:259,Heaven-7 - Dance Me
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Bonkers 15\Disc 1\03-Headtrippers-Dance Me.mp3
#EXTINF:282,Hixxy - Rok The Dance Floor (Dub Mix)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Clubland X-Treme Hardcore\Disc 3\12-Hixxy-Rok The Dance Floor (Dub Mix).mp3
#EXTINF:343,Innovate - Dance With Destiny
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Bonkers 7\Disc 2\01-Innovate-Dance With Destiny.mp3
#EXTINF:217,Interstate - We Can Dance
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Bonkers 12\Disc 3\16-Interstate-We Can Dance.mp3
#EXTINF:249,Jenna & United In Dance - Shining Down
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Bonkers 14\Disc 4\07-Jenna & United In Dance-Shining Down.mp3
#EXTINF:296,Lisa Marie & United In Dance - Lift Me Above
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Bonkers 14\Disc 4\10-Lisa Marie & United In Dance-Lift Me Above.mp3
#EXTINF:338,Lisa Marie & United In Dance - Still The One
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Bonkers 13\Disc 4\05-Lisa Marie & United In Dance-Still The One.mp3
#EXTINF:248,Mr Bishi/Andy Whitby/JoBabe - In My House/The Last Dance (Acappella)/Music Is Life (Acappella)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Frantic Residents 05\11-Mr Bishi-Andy Whitby-JoBabe-In My House-The Last Dance (Acappella)-Music Is Life (Acappella).mp3
#EXTINF:178,Peacemaker - Dance With Me
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore 2007\Disc 1\19-Peacemaker-Dance With Me.mp3
#EXTINF:341,Rhythm Warriors - Dance Sucker
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Bonkers 7\Disc 3\05-Rhythm Warriors-Dance Sucker.mp3
#EXTINF:185,Seduction & Billy 'Daniel' Bunter - Hop On The Dancefloor
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Classics\Disc 1\14-Seduction & Billy 'Daniel' Bunter-Hop On The Dancefloor.mp3
#EXTINF:350,Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer (Friday Night Posse Remix)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\The No. 1 Hardhouse Album\Disc 2\11-Snap!-Rhythm Is A Dancer (Friday Night Posse Remix).mp3
#EXTINF:274,Sy & Unknown - Dance With Me
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Heaven\Disc 1\05-Sy & Unknown-Dance With Me.mp3
#EXTINF:212,United In Dance - Boom Daka
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Euphoria\Disc 2\15-United In Dance-Boom Daka.mp3
#EXTINF:187,United In Dance - Rockin' With The Best
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Clubland X-Treme Hardcore 2\Disc 1\05-United In Dance-Rockin' With The Best.mp3
#EXTINF:232,United In Dance - Rocking With The Beat
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\United In Hardcore\Disc 1\17-United In Dance-Rocking With The Beat.mp3
#EXTINF:266,United In Dance - Still The One
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\United In Hardcore\Disc 1\13-United In Dance-Still The One.mp3
#EXTINF:291,United In Dance Feat. Jenna - Shining Down (Styles & Breeze Remix)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Clubland X-Treme Hardcore\Disc 1\15-United In Dance Feat. Jenna-Shining Down (Styles & Breeze Remix).mp3
#EXTINF:200,United In Dance Feat. Lisa Marie - Still The One (Re-Con Remix)
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Clubland X-Treme Hardcore\Disc 1\05-United In Dance Feat. Lisa Marie-Still The One (Re-Con Remix).mp3
#EXTINF:300,V.A.G.A.B.O.N.D - Dancefloor Innovators
C:\Documents and Settings\Tye\My Documents\My Music\Albums\Hardcore Heaven\Disc 2\14-V.A.G.A.B.O.N.D-Dancefloor Innovators.mp3
As a result, searching for 'me' results in every file in my playlist being found and searching for 'dance me' is the same as searching for just 'dance'

I know you said there's other things you have to work on for the plugin so there's no rush, but some options on how to search would be a great addition at some point in the future

For example - search in just artist name, just title, just filename, etc. Search for entire string, search for each of the words in title (current behaviour), search for any of the words listed.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion