Old 31st July 2007, 11:44   #1
empezar

Enable cancel button during install?

Hello.

I have an installer that extracts files during the installer, and while the plugin (nsisunz) is extracting, the cancel button is grayed out.

How do I enable this button, because if not possible, my users will be unable to cancel the installation until the installation is complete.

EDIT: I am not sure nsisunz is doing this (disabling the cancel button) since I just put a "sleep 5000" after the extraction and the cancel button remains disabled.

Last edited by empezar; 31st July 2007 at 12:16.
empezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 13:42   #2
Afrow UK

Are you speaking of the NSIS cancel button?
If so then enabling it won't do anything anyway. You'd need to modify nsisunz to use an asynchronous thread and include a cancel flag.

Stu
Afrow UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 15:04   #3
empezar

well shouldn't the cancel button become available when nsisunz isn't doing anything (e.g. during a sleep)?

Bored with the real world? Try QuakeWorld!
empezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 18:54   #4
123mobile

Afrow I am not able to understand your answer

Hi,
I also have the same problem, you talked about nsisunz, but that for zip files, How it is related with this problem. your answer will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Prabhat.
123mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 07:17   #5
Madhusudhanan

Any updates on this,i think this feature is essential "enable the cancel button" else the user need to wait for a long time for the installation to complete.
Madhusudhanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 13:37   #6
aidengrandfield

I wrote an installer for the company I work for which addresses the cancel problem using a modified version of NSISUNZ which keeps checking the stack for a cancel flag flag.

I have organized each section of an installer to have an extract (which enables the cancel button), finish (critical section, not cancellation) and remove, which also allows for roll back during the install.

We will most likely be releasing this source once the quality is high enough. I just want to put this out there to gauge the level on interest.
aidengrandfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:03   #7
Madhusudhanan

Can you please give the source for this feature.I need to see how you have did it.

Quote:
Originally posted by aidengrandfield
I wrote an installer for the company I work for which addresses the cancel problem using a modified version of NSISUNZ which keeps checking the stack for a cancel flag flag.

I have organized each section of an installer to have an extract (which enables the cancel button), finish (critical section, not cancellation) and remove, which also allows for roll back during the install.

We will most likely be releasing this source once the quality is high enough. I just want to put this out there to gauge the level on interest.
Madhusudhanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion