Old 2nd March 2017, 13:19   #1
DarrylSSY

Streaming mp3 files on linux, broadcast audio on windows?

Hello, so I currently have a Linux (non-gui) server and a Windows computer.
I am hosting ShoutCast DNAS on the Linux, with Winamp and ShoutCast DSP installed on my Windows.

However, I can only stream music and my microphone audio through the Windows computer, and if I was to turn off my computer, the stream will be silent.

Is there anyway so that I can have the stream to be on the Linux server itself? On top of which, I would also like to be able to stream my voice.
DarrylSSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 14:08   #2
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

you kind of answered your own question - you need to have the source tools on the linux box that can do what you want to free up your windows pc - without a gui, you'll be limited in your options. the linux box also needs the hardware (and drivers, etc) to properly source voice and music together. source creation is far easier with winamp and windows, so it really depends on how much hacking you want to do to get winamp functionality on a linux box.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 15:11   #3
DJ-Garybaldy
Forum King

If you're looking for rock solid automation on the Windows box then you really need to install RadioDJ on your windows machine.

Or alternatively I use Linux and have Windows in a Virtual box environment and I get great performance using a VB.

http://radiodj.ro
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support