Old 19th January 2001, 20:10   #1
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Former NFL player Rae Carruth, accused of arranging the killing of his pregnant girlfriend, was acquitted Friday of first-degree murder but found guilty of conspiracy and two other charges in her death.

The jurors took about 20 hours to reach the verdict, which came a day after they told the judge they were deadlocked.

Carruth, 26, could be sentenced to as much as 20 years in prison on the conspiracy conviction. He was also found guilty of shooting into an occupied vehicle and using an instrument to destroy an unborn child.
HOW in the fekk are you found guilty of firing into an occupied vehicle, using an instrument to destroy an unborn child, conspiring to commit murder then NOT found guilty of murder???

I hate the justice system in this fekkin country!!!

The last thing Cherica Adams said before she died was Rae did it.

Quote:
Moaning in pain, Adams said Carruth had stopped his Ford Expedition in front of her car when "somebody pulled up beside me and did this. ... I think he did it. I don't know what to think."
NO SHIT, maybe he just happened to stop in front of her to chat with his homeys who were about to whack her.

Then you have this from his buddy, who apparently hates women anyways since he'll be someone's BITCH for the rest of his life.

Quote:
"He hired me as a hit man," Watkins testified. "He hired me to kill Cherica Adams and the baby. ... If he would kill his own girl and their baby, what would he do to me?"
Rae "OJ" Carruth? At least you'll get a bigger cell than that trunk you were planning on living in!
Quote:
After his release on $3 million bond in late 1999, Carruth was expected to turn himself in to police if Adams died. But when she did die, he fled. FBI agents found him the next day hiding in the trunk of a car outside a motel in Tennessee.
Not even the victim's word on who did it means shit.
Quote:
Perhaps the most damning testimony came from Adams herself, as prosecutors played a recording of her call to a 911 operator moments after she was shot.
Dumbshit couldn't face being a father, a responsible father even though he was making 650,000 a year. Coward needs a mortal departure similar to Jeffrey Dahmer's.

ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2001, 21:26   #2
That funny lookin guy

Yeah, capital punishment's the way of the future. Ga-hyuck. I'm gonna go home now and smack my wife in the eye, yessir.

Did you vote for Bush by any chance?

I"m not saying that some fucknuts don't deserve whateever they get, but taking the risk of lethally injecting an innocent man along with 1000 guilty men is too great a risk to take. I heard somewhere that something like 20% of all death row prisoners executed have later been found to be innocent, and that is fucking ridiculous.

Keep 'em in jail for the rest of their days, until they get gangraped and killed by fifteen men, all named Bubba.

$0.02
Old 19th January 2001, 21:31   #3
Tracking Rulez

Huh? Why'd ya change your name from "Hugh" to "That funny lookin guy", Jaz?
(And feel free to delete this post if you think it violates the conditions of your enrollment in the Witness Protection Program.)
Tracking Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2001, 22:05   #4
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
ElChevelle, you know its a constitutional amendment that Football Players are above the law?

Now is the time for all good Americans to come to the aid of their Country
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2001, 22:52   #5
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
Quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes
ElChevelle, you know its a constitutional amendment that Football Players are above the law?

...grrr... ...so are mods...

eh, heh.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2001, 22:55   #6
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by phisherman
Hm, what prompted that?
Winsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2001, 23:09   #7
rm'
Banned

The fact that being in the precence of a mod is such an awe-inspiring experience.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2001, 23:17   #8
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
i'm humbled

eh, heh.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2001, 23:35   #9
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
if you will all excuse me, i'm on my way back to Mt. Sinai

Now is the time for all good Americans to come to the aid of their Country
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2001, 05:00   #10
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

...a.k.a. Backstage?
Winsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2001, 13:43   #11
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Apparently so.
Old 20th January 2001, 13:44   #12
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by phisherman
Quote:

Can you tell me what prompted that?
Old 20th January 2001, 14:34   #13
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Gotta get the weekend and OJ,errrrr RAE off!

Quote:
We do not know what the vote had been when the jury appeared to be hung, but it seems pretty clear now that the vote was strongly in favor of finding him guilty on all counts. Presumably, the jurors in the minority consented to the three guilty counts on condition that Carruth be found not guilty of first degree murder, so that the holdouts would be able to rest assured that they would not be responsible for his death.

The jury may have felt pressured to reach a verdict because the judge told them to keep deliberating after the impasse, because they had deliberated for 20 hours and because the weekend was upon them.

Old 21st January 2001, 04:38   #14
numberone

Hey, That funny lookin guy:

Gore is also for capital punishment, and I would back up your hearsay statistics with real facts if I were you. If your "20%" statistic is actually true (and I highly doubt it), then it would be ridiculous, but if it isn't then it makes YOU ridiculous. The justice system was set up to favor the innocent, and that is good, but there are too many loopholes and frankly too many not-so-intelligent jurors that screw up too many violent criminal cases right now.
numberone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2001, 05:11   #15
That funny lookin guy

If Gore were governer of wherever the hell he's from, and that state allowed the death penalty, would he have as high a rate of executions as George Junior? I think not.

As for the 20%, it's a figure I caught from a documentary about Texas' Death Row prisoners a couple of years ago. I mean christ, even if the figure is less than one percent, it's still too fucking high.

The "lawful" killing of a prisoner will never be foolproof or without loopholes, and no-one should die as a result of the fact that the system relies on humans to NOT be affected by human error. That's fucked up.

There is no way of being 100% sure of any given person's actions, and taking away their life on the basis of a year long trial, or even a decade long trial, can never be justified in my opinion.

Jeffrey Dahmer, Timothy McVeigh, Ted Kosinski (sp?)... PROVE to me that they did it. I'm not talking about eliminating "reasonable doubt", I mean REAL UNDENIABLE PROOF. It does not exist.

Keep the fuckers in jail. I hear it's not the nicest place in the world. Oh, even better, send them to Sierra Leone. But do not take away a person's life.

Sidenote: I'm not American, and I'm FUCKING glad we don't have the death penalty here. Our population, not unlike yours, is largely fucking stupid.
Old 25th January 2001, 06:50   #16
Jericho

Send a message via ICQ to Jericho
That was a very unsatisfying read I must say. More God damn anti-Bush crap that us Canadians don't really care much about. Although I do occasionally enjoy a good joke on the subject, this was not one of those times. Blech. Note that is not the sound of cat puking on leather jacket, which was yet another thread that wasted a lot of my time.

And another thing, WHY THE HELL IS THAT IN THE WINAMP BITCH LIST? It's nothing to do with Winamp, it's about the friggin justice system and Bush/Gore politics! That's kinda off topic to me, but so is my thread about this damn keyboard problem I keep having, so maybe I should shut up.
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2001, 07:13   #17
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Whoa there horsey. Read the description of the Winamp Bitchlist..
Quote:
Need a place to rant, vent, spew? Something happening within the Winamp universe you don't like? This is your place to bitch at the injustice and general unfairness of the World.
We bitch about everythin here, valid or otherwise.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2001, 16:27   #18
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Jericho
WHY THE HELL IS THAT IN THE WINAMP BITCH LIST?
Respect your moderators, Y2J, heh....pfft.
And like Jaz says, read the forum description before you start a bitch about non winamp bitchin, makes you a hypocrite.
Old 27th January 2001, 04:37   #19
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Doesn't anyone have an opinion about what I said regarding the actual topic? Oh, umm.. "That funny lookin guy" and "Hugh" are both usernames of mine I was using because I wanted to take a break from "moderating", but still post to the boards. Now that my secret idemenies have been revealed, they've been re-relocated by the Witness Protection Program (aka. the Mods Taking Breaks Program) to somewhere else, and will never post again.

I actually posted that to try to clear thigns up, but I don't think it worked, seeing as it confused me when I went back over it just now.

At any rate, what are your (yes, YOUR) views on capital punishment?

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2001, 18:03   #20
Jericho

Y2J??? You think I am some kind of little WWF bitch or something? The name Jericho comes from one of my all time favorite songs, Jericho by Prodigy. Track 1 on their first real album...

Sorry if I come off as an irritable little bastard some times, but that WWF remark was really uncalled for. Most of the time I am on the forums is late at night, and I can get cranky. So sue me. Actually, please don't, I'm broke enough as it is.
Old 29th January 2001, 18:06   #21
Jericho

Capital punishment is ok, as long as it is used in the most dire situations. The penal system is designed for rehabilitation, so only the real nut-jobs that will never be safe to be around should get fried/ hung/ shot whatever.
Old 29th January 2001, 18:39   #22
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Jericho
So sue me. Actually, please don't, I'm broke enough as it is.
LMAO, that's ok. I can't afford Johnnie CocKrane anyway.
Sorry bout the Y2J comment, wrasslin' does that to a guy(by the way WWF RAW is on tonight! Chill the beer Ma!)
Old 29th January 2001, 18:48   #23
rm'
Banned

Made Up Word: Draconistic

Kill 'em all. If they decide to steal a loaf of bread, they deserve to get their head chopped off.

I guess wrasslin' does that to you as well
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist