Old 26th July 2012, 21:07   #1
joebloggscity

Tracks appearing twice in Media Library

I've got a new Samsung Galaxy S3

All my tracks are on my SD Card

When I link Winamp to the Samsung it scans the SD Card and the problem is that all the tracks are showing twice in the media library when it's loaded up in Winamp.

why is this? Is this a bug?
joebloggscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 23:01   #2
DrO

because it deems the filepaths to be different and hence they are new items since the library pretty much determines everything by the filepath which would explain that behaviour. although not ideal, you could amend the queries of the views to to filter by the 'main' filepath so only they show up or something like that.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 08:37   #3
joebloggscity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
because it deems the filepaths to be different and hence they are new items since the library pretty much determines everything by the filepath which would explain that behaviour. although not ideal, you could amend the queries of the views to to filter by the 'main' filepath so only they show up or something like that.

-daz
Thx Dr O

But i don't get why you mean by the following:
"you could amend the queries of the views to to filter by the 'main' filepath "

How do I do that? I don't get you... sorry for my ignorance on this one, just would really love to solve this problem/headache...

Edit: Note that the media library lists that show for the songs in the phone don't show a filepath etc I've done right-clicks and checked the preferences etc see screenshot.

Old 30th July 2012, 15:52   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

You should be able to right click on any of the column headings and get a "Customize columns..." option. Click on that and select "File Path" from the hidden columns list on the right and add it to the visible columns list on the left. Now you can side scroll to that column and see which paths the duplicate files are from.

If you just want to see the files from one of the two paths, enter enough of the path name in the search bar at the top the library view to filter out the files that are not from that path. Once you know what the search term is that you want to use for filtering, you can use the customize columns option to remove the file path from the visible columns. The search term will still work when the file path column is hidden.

In the General Preferences - Media Library - Local Media - Options tab is an option to "Remember search filters in media and album views". Selecting this option will save the search term so that you don't have to keep typing it in after changing views.

Alternatively, you could use a search term to list files from the path you do not want to see. Then select all the files shown and remove them from the library (using the right click context menu options), and then delete the search term. Now the library will only list the files from the other path with no need for search term filtering.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 19:46   #5
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
it looks like the songs are on the SD card twice, if not, then clicking "library" -> "remove missing files..." should get rid of them.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:34   #6
joebloggscity

It's only on the SD Card once.

I've managed to find a way to fudge getting UMS connection instead of MTP, using "Easy UMS" apk found on the web.

Sorts out the problem, but ridiculous that Samsung have released a phone that doesn't easily work with Winamp (for ext SD Cards). Winamp is the rearguard to iTunes & WMP, and they should have better software.
Old 2nd August 2012, 14:18   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

Glad you found a solution. Thanx for the info on this device. It's weird that a single song would be reported twice.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support