Old 22nd December 2003, 21:38   #1
Ikarus7

manual adjustment of "play count"

i love the play count, the recent items and the never played .... it's just great.

i use it as a better rating system, because ... the songs you hear often must be the best songs.

but some songs are often played, because they are on top of a playlist you execute, or on top of a folder.

could be a manual adjustment for the playcount of selected files ? that would improve the whole playcount system very much, in my opinion.
how do you think about that ?
Ikarus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2003, 22:02   #2
Ikarus7

thinking about that issue, i had another idea.

what about an option "shuffle on play multiple files" ?? i never use shuffle, but when i play multiple files like with a playlist or a folder, it's very useful, it would help my topic above, too....

i think that would give winamp much more fun, it's like random inside of a playlist ... i would like it.

i hope my ideas make sense, i can't rate them neutrally anymore, totally overtired. hope they're good.
ika
Ikarus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2004, 14:41   #3
njmorf

On top of this I'd like to be able to reset the playcount (globally and per-track) manually. I've posted a thread asking about this in the tech support forum but haven't as yet received a reply with a working solution.

When I first installed WA5 I spent some time rating all of my tracks. With new music I had to listen to it a few more times to make up my mind so their playcounts got artificially inflated. I'd like to be able to zero their counts without losing all of the other data in the library.

Neil.
njmorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2004, 20:16   #4
PaRaD0x

I also would love to be easily be able to manually edit the playcounts. I had recently renamed/changed/resorted/moved folders and had to rescan for them to show up in the library, and now each song has multiple and incorrect play counts.

PaRaD0x
PaRaD0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2004, 21:28   #5
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
for those of you who want to set the items in the playcount, go to this thread and download the newest version of shaneh's "sexplugs." ml_plcount.dll is the one you want, but the other plug-ins in the pack are awesome as well.

If you were a frequent reader of Winamp Unlimited, you would've seen the many times i've praised his plug-ins.
inthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist