Old 21st August 2013, 20:50   #1
LuizMiranda

Windows Phone 8 Sync (over MTP) causes Winamp Crashes

Before the flames start around Windows Phone here is a little history: Windows Phone 8 went a different direction with how you sync music to it, basically it no longer uses Zune (like Windows Phone 7 and 7.5 did) and instead uses the good (questionable haha) old MTP technology that older Windows Mobile devices used, meaning you can sync Windows Phone with anything that supports MTP such as windows media player, MusicBee, iTunes (yup it works in crapTunes), and yes even Winamp.. well, almost.

There seems to be a bug in Winamp that after sync'ing a few files to the phone it always crashes. It can sync a few songs fine but if it's much more it causes it to crash, almost like it's going too fast or who knows.

It would be great if someone could take a look at it, I bet it's something trivial (fingers crossed).

I'm currently using MusicBee to sync to Windows Phone over MTP and it works great, supports Auto Playlists and all that but I would REALLY love it if Winamp fixed whatever issue is causing MTP sync to crash since I've been using Winamp forever and just love it as a player.

Thanks!!
~ Luiz
LuizMiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 22:15   #2
DrO

can you follow the steps from http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...86&postcount=6 and attach a copy of the zipped dump file please. hopefully that will help to determine what is going on (or at least determine a starting point to try to resolve the issue).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 23:19   #3
LuizMiranda

Ugh I'm sorry, looks like you guys just fixed this with v5.64, I was still on v5.63 at the computer I was trying to sync with.. looking at the version history notes I see:

Fixed: [pmp_p4s] Crash/hang on exit after transferring files to MTP/P4S devices

I updated winamp, which in turn updated pmp_p4s to 0.98 and yes it doesn't crash anymore.. sweet

Of course though I just noticed the sync settings and options are extremely limited (ie: I need to sync "Smart Views") and also noticed "artist" isn't syncing correctly and neither are ratings.. so I guess there are some bugs left to iron out

thanks for at least getting the basics working though!
~ L
LuizMiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 23:30   #4
DrO

5.64? the current version is 5.65 at the time of this reply.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports