Old 15th June 2006, 01:03   #1
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

Can shy guys have a shot with pretty ladies

I just wonder...
Can we have a shot?

Or we have to break the fear and start talking to them until they say to us: "OH! I just want to be friends"

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 02:32   #2
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

If you're shy AND ugly, you may want to stick with Lefty.
Regardless, shyness isn't unlike any other fear. You have to conquer it and make it your bitch. Women like a guy with alot of confidence and being shy really hampers that ability to exude confidence. I was shy in high school and for a while afterwards but working in a darkroom around hot women broke that shit real quick. I fucked shy left, right and up the middle and never looked back.

In no way, shape or form is the "shy" in this post related to ShyShy
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 02:51   #3
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Quote:
In no way, shape or form is the "shy" in this post related to ShyShy
Argh! I log on SPECIFICALLY to make a comment about that, and what do I get? Nothing!
jerimiah40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 03:50   #4
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann

Looks like he'd be a big hit with the ladies

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 03:55   #5
Evil Lu
Forum Maitresse

Shyness is quite endearing whereas the stench of desperation is not. Too many people confuse the two.
Evil Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 05:11   #6
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
If you get 999 no's and one yes, you still got a yes.

Chances are you won't need that many tries though.

Easiest way to conquer shyness - although it's still not completely 'easy':

Make your move right away when you notice someone of interest, long before obsessing about the situation. That way a rejection doesn't really make much difference. If you wait till you have invested all sorts of time and emotion into someone, that's when it hurts if it doesn't work out your way.

If you get LJBF (lets just be friends), be friends if you're interested in it. Sometimes people don't want to date someone they don't know as a friend first anyway.

[edit]

Don't forget - better to regret something you DID than to regret something you DIDN'T DO

[/edit]

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 13:59   #7
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

I understand all that...

Maybe is the fear to be rejected
Yeah...I'm fat, ugly and shy =\

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Old 15th June 2006, 14:48   #8
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
Sounds like my senior prom all over again (which wasn't too long ago). I went with a girl that I really liked (and still do like). I spent a lot of money (around $400) on the prom all together. It turned out, that when we got there, she had a boyfriend, and she ditched me for most of the night. Which was really weird because she flirted with me the whole time until we got to the prom.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 14:58   #9
Evil Lu
Forum Maitresse

Quote:
Originally posted by ryan
Sounds like my senior prom all over again (which wasn't too long ago). I went with a girl that I really liked (and still do like). I spent a lot of money (around $400) on the prom all together. It turned out, that when we got there, she had a boyfriend, and she ditched me for most of the night. Which was really weird because she flirted with me the whole time until we got to the prom.

You still like someone who did that to you? You need your head read. Not all women are gold diggers but she certainly seems to be one with added 'what a bitch' to boot.
Evil Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 15:32   #10
duet maxwell
Major Dudette

As long as the shy guy is well groomed & has a healthy hobby...

Some friends of mine had painfully bad hygiene and spent more money on games and tech toys rather than invest on clothing. One wore the same sneakers every day for 2 years!!! – They where falling apart & his cloths where shabby, the thing is, he made good money.
If a cute girl does take interest in a shy guy, finding that he is a bad caretaker of himself can reflect on how he may treat her and their future. Plus, one’s bf or spouse is a reflection of his or her self.. Who would like to reflect a bad example?
duet maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 15:34   #11
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Quote:
Originally posted by duet maxwell
One wore the same sneakers every day for 2 years!!!
Duet, you may not realise it, but a man is considered "weird" by his peers for even OWNING more than 2 (two) pairs of shoes

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 15:39   #12
duet maxwell
Major Dudette

Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
Duet, you may not realise it, but a man is considered "weird" by his peers for even OWNING more than 2 (two) pairs of shoes
A guy owning one or two pair of shoes is fine with me, as long as the shoes are in good shape and don’t smell like dog poop
Old 15th June 2006, 15:40   #13
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
I have a pair of shoes I wear casually, a pair of dress shoes, and my "no slip, even though I almost break my neck wearing them every night" work shoes.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 15:41   #14
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

true, but i meant other men, by "peers" and well... about the dog poop....

i sprayed my boots with the garden hose!

Old 15th June 2006, 15:42   #15
Germ
rules all things

sex
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 15:45   #16
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

lol germ is to be ignored, as per normal...

does the phrase "i bring nothing to the table.... INTENTIONALLY!" ring a bell germ?

Old 15th June 2006, 16:25   #17
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
Some friends of mine had painfully bad hygiene and spent more money on games and tech toys rather than invest on clothing. One wore the same sneakers every day for 2 years!!!
Most of the geeks i know that are like that just dont care what other people think of them. They spend money on what they enjoy rather than trying to impress others. I actually respect them for it.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 16:36   #18
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
i used to have a pair of Vans that i had for more than 3 years. they were in good condition until i came back to california and i started walking everywhere.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 17:55   #19
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

Quote:
As long as the shy guy is well groomed & has a healthy hobby...

Some friends of mine had painfully bad hygiene and spent more money on games and tech toys rather than invest on clothing. One wore the same sneakers every day for 2 years!!! – They where falling apart & his cloths where shabby, the thing is, he made good money.
If a cute girl does take interest in a shy guy, finding that he is a bad caretaker of himself can reflect on how he may treat her and their future. Plus, one’s bf or spouse is a reflection of his or her self.. Who would like to reflect a bad example?
The thing is that the lady is very cute...
and I'm not

Well...I can still be his friend

/off
Are you the same Duet from AJs?

Old 15th June 2006, 18:39   #20
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

"Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

Or is that beholder?

More seriously,

I like what duet said about being well groomed with a healthy hobby. Fact is, we're all gunna be ugly and probably overweight in a few years anyway. Best to find someone that will still have additional attractive features, so that even if they do lose their young and hot body, they'll still be a great person to be with.

Old 15th June 2006, 19:28   #21
duet maxwell
Major Dudette

Quote:
Originally posted by Joel
The thing is that the lady is very cute...
and I'm not

Well...I can still be his friend

/off
Are you the same Duet from AJs?
"his" friend?

/off
yes

swingdjted, you read my mind.
Old 15th June 2006, 19:56   #22
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

Quote:
How can a man even get by on two pairs of shoes? Here are the essentials...

1 pair of good sneakers ... for most sports, and for the relaxed parts of your life.
1 pair of bad (old, torn up) sneakers ... for doing especially dirty work which might ruin your favorite sneakers.
1 or more pairs of boots ... e.g., Timberlands or Doc Martens, because a man's gotta have at least one pair of boots.
2 pairs of casual shoes (loafers, dock shoes, etc.) - one black and one brown ... for casual events that you don't want to wear sneakers to. One pair each of black and brown shoes covers most all clothing color combinations a man will wear.
2 pairs of dress shoes - one black and one brown ... because you're not going to wear sneakers or loafers with a business suit, and you're not going to wear brown shoes with your black pin-striped suit.
Optional: 1 or more pair of specialty shoes, depending on a particular hobby the guy has - biking, running, rock climbing, etc.

That's at least seven pairs of shoes needed by the average heterosexual* adult male, and that's if the guy has no hobbies that require special shoes. I've got eight or nine pairs, myself, and that's not anything outrageous. Maybe if a guy had more than a dozen or so pairs of shoes that he actually wore frequently, then that may seem odd to me.

* - Of ones I've known, homosexual males tend to have more shoes than heterosexual males because, in addition to the same types of shoes listed above, they tend to be more "fashion conscious" and therefore have more footwear variations than heterosexual males may consider necessary.

(This seems to diverge from the topic, but it's all related to the effect of men's fashion on shy men's abilities to "get women". Having gotten a few women and owned more than a few pairs of shoes in my life, I just thought I'd share.)

I'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash.
ScorLibran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 20:42   #23
rockouthippie
Banned

9 pairs of shoes just to get women?.

I guess if they buy them for you
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 20:51   #24
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

Quote:
Originally posted by ScorLibran
How can a man even get by on two pairs of shoes?
Good post. In addition, there's flip-flops, leather sandals, golf shoes, ski boots, cowboy boots, water shoes, etc. - all I have had or currently have.

But in most circumstances, yeah, I usually just wear the good sneakers and work boots.

And Joel, yes, confidence is everything. Most of us know what we can change about ourselves and that is where you've got to start. One of my friends isn't what I would call good looking, but he was honest and confident and wound up marrying my hawt cousin.
Razzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 21:17   #25
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by ScorLibran
How can a man even get by on two pairs of shoes? Here are the essentials...
This coming from a man that does better with nothing but a towel than he would with any shoes at all.

(see the post yer picture thread)

Last edited by swingdjted; 15th June 2006 at 22:42.
Old 15th June 2006, 22:07   #26
mysterious_w
Forum King

I am a 2 pairs person. One for when it's wet, and one for when it's not wet.

mysterious_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 00:08   #27
fastingaciu
Major Dude

Quote:
Well that must've sucked eh?

The worst thing that happend to me was: I've gone on a date with this girl and we kissed and the next day I see her with her ex kissing and touching.

Seeing that I asked her what happend to us and she's like are you talking about the kiss beacsue that was just a friendly kiss. Well I doono about you guys but I think that french kiss donesn't go with friendly in any way at all.

Those who can do, do; those who can't do, teach.
fastingaciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 00:17   #28
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I've got so many shoes, people think I walk on all fours
Old 16th June 2006, 00:21   #29
mark
Forum King

Quote:
I have a pair of shoes I wear casually, a pair of dress shoes, and my "no slip, even though I almost break my neck wearing them every night" work shoes.
1. wear normal shoes
2. learn to grease-skate
3. ???
4. quit pizza hut and go sell cameras!
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 03:24   #30
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by fastingaciu
Well that must've sucked eh?

The worst thing that happend to me was: I've gone on a date with this girl and we kissed and the next day I see her with her ex kissing and touching.

Seeing that I asked her what happend to us and she's like are you talking about the kiss beacsue that was just a friendly kiss. Well I doono about you guys but I think that french kiss donesn't go with friendly in any way at all.
...and the ladies say we're pigs...

Old 16th June 2006, 03:41   #31
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
"Pretty ladies" is irrelavent to whether a shy guy can get them or not...What's their social ego like? Are they shy too, or are they one of those holier-than-thou twinks (Peppy)?

I actually used to aim high a few years back...I told my friends that I had a crush on this one girl who was in the semi-prep class, and they never believed it (Though I don't know if it was because of her social status, or because it was just her )...I never bothered, because it was only just one of those middle school crushes; Passing dreams as we all hit puberty...

These days, I've tended to not care much at all whether I have a chance or not...Relationships never really mattered to me, as they all seemed like passing dreams still...It could have part to do that I'm shy myself when it comes to starting a relationship, although at the same time, I shy away from the idea itself in disgust at all the "2 weeks from make-up to break-up" that all my friends engage in...

But then, I came across this one girl...Only difference is that I actually care this time around...She's cute, and she's shy too...I don't necessarily see that as an advantage, or something that's bad either, but it makes things easier on me as a shy person as well (And I know she won't be one of those egotistical psycho bitches )...I can't say for sure if I have a shot or not, since we hardly communicated with each other, but since the last moment she saw of me before I graduated high school was me giving her a carnation, things might be able to move forward...Of course, I've run into the roadblock of a lack of ability in communications, but the confidence if I'm able to run again is pretty high...

Though I do use the word "cute" in my own personal definition, in a lower sense than what "pretty" may be, and at the same time, more "realistic" too... Don't know if your definition of "pretty" is along the lines of an AV idol, but I sure can't shoot that high...

Meh...I sure need a female buddy that can do shots of the drinking kind with me too...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 05:09   #32
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

so wait... scor and chev are gay?

Old 16th June 2006, 06:09   #33
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
so wait... scor and chev are gay?
You didn't know??

Thanks, Chev

Back on topic... I was the one to make the first move with jaz. People who don't know him really well would think that he was extremely shy. But, he's not really, he's just autistic, and therefore, at first, introverted. Long story short, mentally challenged ( ) / shy guys can have and get a shot with the gals.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 10:50   #34
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by ShyShy
shy guys can have and get a shot with the gals.
Yea, they're called rapists
Old 16th June 2006, 11:44   #35
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Shy guys definately have a shot with pretty girls. You just have to ask. You will get more nos than yeses but eventually you will get a home run.

Remember Babe Ruth struck out more times than he hit home runs. If he had based his career on every time he struck out he would not have been sucessful...........
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 14:57   #36
Mattress
Forum King

I'm shy and I married a hot babe.
She actually made the first move on me. I was going to ask her out on friday but she asked me out on wednesday. It's probably for the best as I probably would have wimped out.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 15:55   #37
mark
Forum King

when was the wedding? Its only friday today :O
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 17:10   #38
Mattress
Forum King

thursday I guess
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 18:25   #39