Old 16th July 2006, 06:13   #1
Fataldelay

QTFM Radio Fraud?

There is a radio station named QTFM from

This online radio station goes around messengers like paltalk claiming they stream to FM radio stations of people who sing karaoke songs. They claim also to stream to live audiences that are located in UK and Canada, to real live radio stations. My question is, if this is so are they not in violation of Copyright Infringements if they are so are streaming to Real Life Radio Stations or are they liars?

The go around telling everyone they stream to 60k thousand listeners on FM radio., Though thier website does not even show that even being a possibility.

again my question is how is this legal? and If they are doing this, what action can be taken?
Fataldelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2006, 19:37   #2
Germ
rules all things

it's such a poorly designed site, i wouldn't trust anything they say.
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2006, 21:12   #3
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Quote:
it's such a poorly designed site

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 10:53   #4
Germ
rules all things

I've just had two new members who have never posted before complain about this post.

smiles34 says:
this post is very detrimental to qt fm

and

QTG says:
Not happy about this posting, as it looks like qtfm.net is part of the of which we are not.

Please remove ASAP
Regards,
Mike

In response to both of these complaints, I'm going to go ahead and keep this post up. This post is breaking no rules and this user makes it quite clear he's just asking a question about this shitty site's questionable services. Interesting enough, the site doesn't even seem to be accessible at this time.
Old 19th July 2006, 18:06   #5
QTG

Send a message via AIM to QTG
Thank you for your professional response on this matter! You obviously judge a book by its cover, which I think, is a bit shallow, but that’s your opinion I guess?

The statement you made and I quote: -
[It's such a poorly designed site, i wouldn't trust anything they say]

Any slanderous comments from a moderator are unprofessional!

To clear things up qtfm.co.uk and qtfm.net are not related in any form what so ever, looks like cross wires somewhere along the way and I’m sure qtfm.co.uk will like the free advertisement which goes against your forum rules.

Kind Regards,
Mike
-------
QTG Retro & Comedy Music
Independent Internet Radio
www.qtfm.net
QTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 18:33   #6
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

well hopefully the rest of us can comment on the quality of the site ...

IT IS CRAP

laugh, I havent laughed so much in a long time ...

QTG get you head out of your arse and concentrate on your own stuff ... otherwise we will just taunt you for all you are worth ... which looks to work quite well ...

BW

Without open minds the world will die. Open yours and correct the mistakes you are making right now.
bored_womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 18:39   #7
QTG

Point taken, case closed.
Old 19th July 2006, 21:24   #8
tuckerm
Forum Emo

My eyes! My eyes! So much stuff flashing! AGHHHHHHH!
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 01:08   #9
Fataldelay

well again I really wanted some clarifications of the legallity of what these people claim to do.

I have always thought that it was against the terms of service to use shoutcast to gain or earn some sort of money. Unless of course it was paid software.

Also I thought it was against the RIAA to stream to a "company" "radio station" specially copyright material.
The Internet is not sanctioned under these laws as far as I know but maybe they are and not taking action.

I have ran a few shoutcast servers myself and well since this topic is brought up. I just want to again clarify from EXPERIENCED shoutcast owners, what they know.

I agree the website is horrible, and since the aboved website was badgering me on what they can and cant do.. I wanted clarification before I made any moves.

Thank you for all your responses.
Old 20th July 2006, 06:39   #10
QTG

I don’t know where you are based in the world? The UK Laws ref Internet streaming is very grey area indeed! I can’t speak for CO.UK guys, as I don’t know what they have in place etc.

At .NET we are licensed through a Media company that claims we can advertise through their commercial servers etc. Their services are similar to Live 365, Loud City etc but based in the UK their web site is http://www.jkcmedia.co.uk

I guessing that if you were to stream to a Live FM station across the world it would have to be on a private SHOUTcast server or another type of server? But as we are Internet station only I’m in the dark like you on this matter.

One thing I could say if you wanted to do this, you could do all the voice over / links and get the remote FM station to play the Music on their side, then you would be covered and no copyrights would be broken. (using your own voice and not recorded media)

I think you would need to talk to a Licensed Media outfit i.e. Live 365, Loud City etc. for the clarifications of the legality you are looking for.

Let me know if I can help you anymore.

Kind Regards,
Mike
Old 20th July 2006, 10:52   #11
Germ
rules all things

If you're not with this .co.uk station then why did you get so upset about this post? He didn't mention your .net website at all... also I don't see anything about streaming to FM on either of these sites...

By the way, saying that the .co.uk site is poorly designed and shitty looking isn't slanderous, it's honest. The .net site is pretty ugly too but not quite as bad as that .co.uk site.

I'm just trying to figure out why you people thought you had the right to sign up on these forums then complain about this post that has nothing to do with your site/stream. Can you clear that up for me?
Old 20th July 2006, 12:27   #12
QTG

Ref PM from Fataldelay

"Hate to tell you this buddy.. but your qtfm is going around saying they are affliated with you.. and is going around paltalk getting people to sing over their airways.. stating you as one company is streaming illegal copyrighted music to FM station"

Had to make sure that my station qtfm.net was not part of that in any shape or form.

I was only trying to help Fataldelay, but looks like we read it wrong from the start? Ref bored_womble comment & mine “Point taken, case closed”

But I’m happy to help Fataldelay on Q. related to streaming.

Ref ugly site that’s the point a lot of retro stuff is lol.
Hope that clears the air.

Kind regards,
Mike
Old 20th July 2006, 12:38   #13
Fataldelay

QTG, my question was answered by you, which again still not very believeable. From what I understand copyrighted material infringement is laws all around the world.

Also when I made this post it was minutes you had PM'd me in a Defense. Not once did I ever mention your Net site. I speaking of a totally different site that had really nothing to do with you. You came on the post with a flurry in a huge defense.

Yes I do like to inquire information before I do make a claim about anyone thats makes a rather large boast specially with someone with a poorly designed site. It made me wonder about the intergrity. What a better place to ask than the people whos been with Shoutcast longer than I.

Shoutcast servers are worldwide, meaning someone on here would know if its legal or not.

Musicians come from all over the world, even the UK and if thier material is being streamed to FM radio stations in the form of Karaoke, im sure there would be some really pissed off artists, and im sure the laws protect them as well. Maybe I should just write the RIAA or some other affilates and ask this question. Surely thier website is much more intact and thier honest opinion would surfice.

as the private pm your first statement to me was quote qtg "please dont post this pm on the forums" and i did as you asked. but you found it again necessary in some sort of defense to post the conversation. This post wasnt started to start trouble with your net site. I simply asked a question about the uk site.
Old 20th July 2006, 12:45   #14
tuckerm
Forum Emo

We get it! Ok for the love of god we get it! Lets all just move on, who cares! It's giving both stations advertising which is against the rules here. Move on people!
Old 20th July 2006, 12:56   #15
QTG

Fataldelay, sure get your point and likewise do not want to start any trouble here. I was trying to clear this up for Germ's last post.

Crosswires that's all case closed from my side.

Too true tuckerm.
Old 21st July 2006, 13:16   #16
Fataldelay

Yes I understand qtg, its kinda like speaking to a child with you.. you have to get that last post in dont you The last several posts you made was pretty much you begging to close this in a hurry.

anyways .. I see that shortly after this post was made .. hmm all of the sudden that website was brought down fast. Anyways they all got a clue that thier website had more pretty flashy things than Bobby Joe Hanna church dress on a Sunday morning church day and the creator of it had a less mind set than a rock, but of course thats opinated.

and just so you know. Id rather slit my own throat to advertise for either of the websites. Trust me thats not what i was doing here. Im not the person unlike you that was affliated with them, so i know why you are so upset.

So QTG, if you like I will not respond anymore to this post if you can keep your mentally from the I need to make the last post syndrome.
Old 21st July 2006, 13:51   #17
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by Fataldelay

So QTG, if you like I will not respond anymore to this post if you can keep your mentally from the I need to make the last post syndrome.
What about you? Your the one who seems to be bumping this. And no one really cares anymore, you two idiots keep bringing it up. So how about we dont anymore, eh? Just let this thing die slowly.
Old 21st July 2006, 16:38   #18
Fataldelay

lol...

does lol signify i brought it up again? lol
Old 21st July 2006, 16:41   #19
Fataldelay

Quote:
Originally posted by tuckerm
My eyes! My eyes! So much stuff flashing! AGHHHHHHH!
bows.. as i adjust my shackles
as you command lol
Old 29th July 2006, 00:52   #20
sam_d818

Send a message via Yahoo to sam_d818
can i just say 1 thing about qtfm

qtfm did stream through paltalk and as for qtfm gold was spoke a lot about by qtfm as a sister staion by qtfm.. i only know this as i was in a room on paltalk where the station was playin ever weekend, not there own room btw...
what i can see qtfm looks like its gone. I don't know haven't been on the net a few weeks.
sam_d818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2006, 20:16   #21
tuckerm
Forum Emo

It was almost gone until you bumped it again
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions