Old 28th July 2006, 17:09   #1
thebestradio

How do you broadcast your DVD'S?

hi i have seen that you can broadcast your own DVDS i currently am running a radio station but i would amazing like it if i could broadcast DVDS i now you can cos it says SHOUTcast TV and i went on and watch some stuff eg lost,simpsons can someone please tell me where to go to start broadcasting my DVDS

PLEASE

THANKS!
Old 28th July 2006, 17:38   #2
dotme

Start with the MPAA (motion picture association of america) or have about fifty thousand dollars tucked away for when they sue you. Once you're comfortable with knowing that you can handle the fines and penalties for copyright infringement, head on over to the NSV forums here:

http://forums.winamp.com/forumdispla...s=&forumid=152
Old 28th July 2006, 18:11   #3
fc*uk

another good alternative is videolan (http://www.videolan.org/ )

Dude, you are playing with fire (ie you are asking for trouble with this). Sending quality video out required massive amounts of bandwidth as well...
Old 28th July 2006, 18:12   #4
tuckerm
Forum Emo

They are going to have fun with him down there
Old 28th July 2006, 18:47   #5
thebestradio

ok i wont bother with broadcasting my DVD'S sounds to risky
Old 28th July 2006, 18:53   #6
fc*uk

plus a regular dvd-9 disc with audio and subs streams around 10.8M/sec (PAL or NTSC are about the same).

Pushing out video is just as bas as pushing out audio without paying royalities.
Old 28th July 2006, 18:57   #7
thebestradio

i know this is off but can some1 try my station to see if it does buffer try it here i know this doesnt take you straight to it and i know im not meant to put his but go to

http://127.0.0.1:8000

and click listen

please i know i not meant to put that but its the only easy way i can think of getting to my station

THANKS
Old 28th July 2006, 19:01   #8
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

My God

how hard do we need to hit you

again you are asking the impossible

how stupid can a person be
please kid get lost somewhere
i heard that this is a better place for you

the place you need to be

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 28th July 2006, 19:03   #9
Nick@ss

rofl .... this is incredible...
Old 28th July 2006, 19:05   #10
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by nick@ss
rofl .... this is incredible...
agreed
Nick

nobody can be this stupid
not even being able to understand the basic concept of running a radio station , not to mention knowing his outside ip adres
yet mr Stupid want to broadcast dvd's.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 28th July 2006, 19:06   #11
hackerdork
Forum King

LMAO!!!

aside from the legal bullshit. DVD are MEG PER SECOND, but streaming audio is KILOBITS per second. BIG difference, kinda like comparing a yugo to a jumbo jet. They get you there but hell there is a big difference in what they reguire to get off the ground.

Dude, do your homework, or stop playing with your gameboy.

You could'nt stream a DVD in real time even on a T1 (for example raw 48000kbps for audio, and 8MB a second for video).

I though you had a shitload of issues getting your stream (audio) working ,and now you ask about streaming DVDs.

Streaming video isnt new, and its not RAW uncompressed DVD video either. However read up on it on the NSV (nullsoft video) forum here, or google yourself to death.

Thanks for making me laugh again.

~ D

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
Old 28th July 2006, 19:12   #12
fc*uk

Quote:
Originally posted by thebestradio
i know this is off but can some1 try my station to see if it does buffer try it here i know this doesnt take you straight to it and i know im not meant to put his but go to

http://127.0.0.1:8000

and click listen

please i know i not meant to put that but its the only easy way i can think of getting to my station

THANKS
My god I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey everyone, loopback is back for us to tune into. If you want to listen to your own station click the link above!!!!!
Old 28th July 2006, 19:17   #13
thebestradio

at least i dont look like the rest of u which is this and at least im and your not ASSHOLES!
Old 28th July 2006, 19:27   #14
dotme

@theworstradio - You have misunderstood the purpose of these forums. This isn't for people too lazy to educate themselves about the technology. This is for people who have followed the documentation and instructions, and experience technical trouble not covered in the stickies.

You are being extremely selfish - something that doesn't sit well with members of this community. It's all about you, right? We all should just do as you ask. Yeah, sure thing...

If you had bothered to read all the readme files and stickies, you'd have solved all your problems hours ago. You are your own worst enemy.

Anyway... Your outburst will probably be reported by someone, and you'll quite possibly soon be in banned camp. Next time you post on a forum somewhere, remember that you're speaking with volunteers, not slaves.
Old 28th July 2006, 19:32   #15
thebestradio

i know ur not meant to do everything i say but there is no point in u lot starting on me just tell me i did it wrong instead of flamming starting on me! i know sometimes i do. do it wrong when u already told me i did it wrong but like i said it may be annoying but there no need to start on me cos that just really annoy me!

Last edited by thebestradio; 28th July 2006 at 19:55.
Old 28th July 2006, 19:35   #16
dotme

Come on - you didn't bother reading the stickies or the readme files that came with the DSP or shoutcast server did you. Instead, you figured you'd come here and we'd all just read them to you. That's not how it works around here. You gotta put in the effort yourself, and only ask for help when the answers are not available in the forum stickies.
Old 28th July 2006, 19:49   #17
thebestradio

can some1 please check out my station to see if it buffers or so please click here: http://86.141.112.182://8000 or whatever it is
Old 28th July 2006, 20:17   #18
thebestradio

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

i really need to know if it buffers read up above to PLEASE!

PLEASE!
Old 28th July 2006, 20:21   #19
dotme

Page loads fine... but no audio. No sound at all. Make sure you are running Winamp in direct mode.
Old 28th July 2006, 20:41   #20
thebestradio

oh i think u came in when i was playing nothing can u try it now again just to make sure cos i playing music at the moment PLEASE!
Old 28th July 2006, 20:52   #21
Nick@ss

this is the link
http://86.141.112.182:8000/

and yes it works and you may not see buffering untill you fill all 5 slots..

as it isnt buffering now it doesnt mean it wont
upload / bitrate = max users.

now please stop asking us to check it every day... do you have no friends?
Old 28th July 2006, 20:55   #22
SLR

bestradio -

server page loads up OK

trying to tune in to listen -

took absolutely ages to start streaming

it buffers a lot

- sounds like your home internet connection can't handle it.
Old 28th July 2006, 20:58   #23
thebestradio

so u can hear the music nick@ss?
Old 28th July 2006, 21:00   #24
Nick@ss

yes
Old 28th July 2006, 21:02   #25
hackerdork
Forum King

best doesnt have enough internet upload speed to have more than 5 listeners, and if you have another comptuer in the house using the internet they will be very upset that their broadband is slower than dialup cuz you are streaming.

you need to remember that streaming turns your internet into everyone elses use, so listeners can hog all your bandwidth cuz you are letting them.

Next time you swear directly to people, you deserve a nice attitude adjustment. have you remembered anything you have done? you do NOT need to continue to post your link and ask someone to test it. If you start a new stream or screw around with something, you shouldnt post in the forum asking to test. we all will get sick of it pretty quick.

Have you run anything we suggested to test your bandwidth? www.speakeasy.net/speed will show you a good idea as to how fast your internet connection is for UPLOADING. This is the part that shoutcast servering will use. Do'nt tell me or anyone else you have 100mb internet, test it then do some simple math you learn in grade school

UPLOAD / BIT RATE = # OF USERS

EXAMPLE

384K upload (384/128=3)
128k bitrate
3 listeners, and my bandwidth is gone.

384K UPLOAD (386/24=16)
24K bitrate
16 listeners.

Have fun while you are at it. dont stress if you are clueless it takes time to learn all this shit. Some of us have been doing this since winamp 1.0 and shoutcast 1.066

~ D

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
Old 28th July 2006, 21:03   #26
thebestradio

yes i have friends but they dont listen lol it souds alot like me (i know i dont listen alot =))
Old 28th July 2006, 21:07   #27
Evil Lu
Forum Maitresse

bet that panda understands localhost better too.
Old 28th July 2006, 21:14   #28
fc*uk

very bad buffering for me, but I was the only user on.

Also, a bit of warning here: if you are going to play copyrighted music, you need to get licensed to play it. Check out http://www.loudcity.net/ for options.

As well .... are you streaming from a wireless connection? If your computer is not hard wired into your home network you may buffer like hell.

And a lesson:

Every computer anywhere in the world has a http://127.0.0.1 network address. 127.0.0.1 is essentially what a computer uses to talk to itself. As a result, 127.0.0.1 can only be access from the computer that you are sitting at and nowhere else.

Now, a router will also give your computer an internal network address. These internal network addresses can only be accessed by computers within your home network and nowhere else. Though these addresses can be technically anything, common ones are 196.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, and 172.16.x.x . If you give anyone outseide of your home network this address, they will not be able to access it.

And, for the last time, you can find out what address everyone else in the world can reach your computer at here: www.whatismyip.com (its the big black number at the top of the page).
Old 28th July 2006, 21:15   #29
thebestradio

lol!
Old 28th July 2006, 21:22   #30
thebestradio

no i dont have wireless but i havent got a clue why it is buffering its makeing my listeners go i will do anything to get rid of it (except if it involves money) cos there no point in having a station if it works but no one will listen cos of the buffering so please tell me anything i have reduced my max listeners and reduced my birate but no luck
Old 28th July 2006, 21:23   #31
Evil Lu
Forum Maitresse

well go and do something else then, anything else.. count sheep, play with the traffic.. anything but not shoutcast. Please.
Old 28th July 2006, 21:23   #32
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 28th July 2006, 21:27   #33
Evil Lu
Forum Maitresse

@Spaceplay - such a shame you're already married
Old 28th July 2006, 21:29   #34
fc*uk

Quote:
Originally posted by thebestradio
no i dont have wireless but i havent got a clue why it is buffering its makeing my listeners go i will do anything to get rid of it (except if it involves money) cos there no point in having a station if it works but no one will listen cos of the buffering so please tell me anything i have reduced my max listeners and reduced my birate but no luck
about the only thing you could do is switch to aac+ and drop the bitrate even more, then you may be able to support one or two people.

Like everyone has said: seems like your home connection can not support it. The only way to fix that is to get a host that allows you to store music on their servers. It does not even appear that you would stream to a server because of your buffering.
Old 28th July 2006, 21:35   #35
thebestradio

i only have MP3'S tho so i cant change to ACC or does that not make any difference? i already dropped my birate to 32kbps,22.050kHz,mono so u want me to put it to 24kbps?
Old 28th July 2006, 21:38   #36
fc*uk

winamp can now transcode your mp3's to aac+ on the fly. aac+ might be an advantage because you can cram in a lower bitrate. But it probably is going to sound very bad...
Old 28th July 2006, 21:40   #37
thebestradio

ok i have dropped my birate to the lowest it can and i have dropped my listeners to 2 so can some1 try it out now and see if it is any better? click here: http://86.141.112.182://8000 or if that dont work click here (although i think there both the same but just in case) http://86.141.112.182:8000/
Old 28th July 2006, 21:51   #38
fc*uk

link format: http://IP_Address:8000/listen.pls

for you it is: http://86.141.112.182:8000/listen.pls
Old 28th July 2006, 21:54   #39
thebestradio

oh ok well can u please listen again to see if it is any better please

Also thanks alot!
Old 28th July 2006, 21:57   #40
hackerdork
Forum King

THE BESTRADIO

your internet is shit for shoutcasting. The lower your bit rate that less people will want to tune in. you want to do this for cheap or free its not going to happen.

what is your upload rate? 64K?
you should find that out, if your upload speed is under 128kbps, forget about shoutcasting from home, unless you only want 1 person to listen in. Also shut down any games, chat (aol, yahoo, skype etc) and dedicate your intire internet connection to streaming. There is no way around that if you upload speed is very low. Hell you cant browse if your bandwidth is gone right ? or its like dialup. And if someone is tuned into your stream, and you open a webpage with shockwave flash, there goes your bandwidth and buffering and all sorts of bullshit because you have a broadband internet account for browsing. If you wanted to be a real server, get a T1 or E1 connection, about $1000 a month DOH!

taa taaa

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support