Old 22nd December 2014, 02:47   #721
DrO

KarlRhodesUK: it'd be better if it applied to all of the classic skin windows or even if it allowed for things like the modern skins where you can scale it to different levels e.g. 125%, 150% instead of just 200% (i.e. double-sized).

bloodfiredeath: scrobbling issues are not Winamp's fault (in most cases) and is down to the plug-in / service being used. it has also been mentioned previously that we're looking to add back the means to pull down artwork (sources to be determined still) and that hopefully ripping should still be present (is a bit of a grey area at the moment as to how that'll be handled).

kzitsch: you should follow-up with support directly if the information provided is not working for you. though the download link suggested will get you the Winamp download needed and as long as you've still got your pro details then you can re-enter it as needed. however there are no plans to provide a 6.x pro version with all applicable functionality (where it can be done) being provided for all (irrespective of having previously been pro - as we have no way of knowing who is / was a pro user sadly).

Gamergeek1981: it's still SHOUTcast's turn at the moment (just because there was a new site doesn't mean all of the tooling / services that needed to be provided have been completed yet). though Winamp for Windows is slowly being worked on e.g. http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....68#post3015568 (which is about changing the engine used for in_mod (*) to something that is more current and hopefully less buggy / crashy and is a long standing request to see that plug-in updated to use something newer than it was).

(*) so that counts as some new news, though am sure people will gripe about it.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:27   #722
bloodfiredeath

Okay, but I am not currently running the latest winamp because when i rip cds the thing rips it so fast that it makes my music skip and sound horrible when i play it back. so I am running the last version before the upgrade. I hope this issue is also fixed in the next version. Those are the only issues I have with winamp. :|
bloodfiredeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:33   #723
DrO

you need to provide more information about such an issue in the bug reports sub-forum. as i'm not aware of the issue you've mentioned and so there would be no 'fix' as it's not known to be broken.
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:04   #724
bloodfiredeath

I was talking about this part of the ripping options, where we used to disable it, but when I do with the lastest version of winamp it crashes and gives me errors, but if I keep that option checked it will rip my cds, but the playback will sound horrible and skips. Like disabling the bundled sonic extraction engine????? and letting a 3rd party rip my cds has worked well for me.
bloodfiredeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:14   #725
DrO

as already requested, please post about this in the bug reports forum as the news thread is not applicable for such things. and also please ensure that you provide all of the information required when making a bug report (as per the sticky threads in the sub-forum) as well as screenshots of what you're actually looking at / referring to as what you've put is not clear to me.
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:15   #726
kzitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Hi kzitsh,

If you still have your registration info (name & number) download the current version from here (http://winampplugins.co.uk/Winamp/). Install and open the general preferences (Ctrl + P) window, select Winamp Pro (top item on the left) and enter your registration info.
Thank you Aminifu. I followed your directions and I have Winamp back. May you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
kzitsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2014, 22:39   #727
wtfwtfwtfwtf

Forgive me. This is such a long thread that it's really hard to try to find anything specific in it. So I know that has probably been asked many times already. But since it's the end of the year, I am wondering....

Is there any word on what's happening with Radionomy and Winamp? As the year went on, there was less and less about it even on the Radionomy site, where I can't find any mention of it, when just a few months ago there was a something that amounted to "watch this space for more info."

Any one know anything?

Happy New Year.
wtfwtfwtfwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 15:14   #728
JasonFriday13
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
KarlRhodesUK: it'd be better if it applied to all of the classic skin windows or even if it allowed for things like the modern skins where you can scale it to different levels e.g. 125%, 150% instead of just 200% (i.e. double-sized).
One way around the scaling is to use vector graphics (.svg) instead of raster graphics, that way the image resolution is independent of pixel resolution (you can zoom in on a vector image and it will never pixelate), and scaling becomes fully adjustable. Now that idea would be awesome if implemented in winamp. I would have a go but I'm working on some portability stuff for nsis at the moment.

"Only a MouseHelmet will save you from a MouseTrap" -Jason Ross (Me)
NSIS 3 POSIX Ninja
Wiki Profile
JasonFriday13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 22:44   #729
Tergulath

Hopefully the new winamp has playlist tab support. That was a requested feature for years that never seen the light of day.
Tergulath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 12:29   #730
hujiwara

so.. what is the status of winamp now?

hello, i am a big fans of winamp. years ago, I always played winamp every my computer on, this is my 1st music player, cool design, great feature, but when i heard that winamp will close, it's very sad news. after that, now I change my default music player to f*****, but, when the time goes on, Im very happy you guys posted in the website that winamp will back soon, im waiting until now, but as i can see, there is no big progressive change here, so my question, what is the status of winamp now? did it take more time or you guys hide it for surprise?? i hope you can show the new winamp as soon as possible, cannot wait to see the new winamp. cheers
hujiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 22:19   #731
djpete
Major Dude

I've suggested it before, there should be ONE locked thread with just the relevant info on the updates and progress of Winamp. No other comments from people.

Then every time you get these questions you just send them to that link. Simple.

People don't or won't sift through hundreds of threads to get the jist of where Winamp is at. There needs to be a concise updated summary.
There I said it again.
:-)

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 22:49   #732
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

But it's mentioned in the first post....
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 22:57   #733
djpete
Major Dude

IMO it needs to be a little more comprehensive and regularly updated so people feel they are being informed about progress. We realise there is not a great deal that can be said but anything at least reassures people that we ARE getting closer to a new version.
EG
Update 11/12/2013
The team are working on a new update of Winamp, we still do not have a release date
Update 15/01/2014
We are a little closer to a new release with no date yet confirmed. Lots of bugs have been ironed out and we have some exciting new features we hope you will all like.

Just a bit of usual PR that's all. lol

You guys know what's happening behind the scenes but the average Joe does not.
We need to know that work IS being done and great things are about to happen soon.
Come on guys, a little proper professional marketing.
A year IS a long time for anyone..

And it's a good point that someone made that there is no mention at Radionomy website.
All this gives a feeling to readers of uncertainty and we think..are they fair dincum? Are they sure? Is it going to be continued? My view anyway.

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 6th January 2015, 05:05   #734
A11ectis

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpete View Post
IMO it needs to be a little more comprehensive and regularly updated so people feel they are being informed about progress. We realise there is not a great deal that can be said but anything at least reassures people that we ARE getting closer to a new version.
+1

Even if it's really non-news sometimes, any sort of update would be swell. Anything beyond what is available now (a bunch of bored, eager, patient end-users just screwing around in a forum) would be at least somewhat involving.
A11ectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 17:50   #735
Supra107

Well, it's the goddarn 2015 finally, and I just can't (or can?) wait for Winamp 6. Is there any info, like in which half of the year we can except the great return? I know, stupid question
Supra107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 07:23   #736
olavinto

Quote:
There will not be any new Winamp releases until some point in 2015.
Almost a week of 2015 has gone by and still there are no updates. What the..!?

There, I just had to say it. Happy new year!
olavinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 11:27   #737
Raj_09

Happy new year, Dev team!
Raj_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 20:01   #738
synthetiq

We want the good news dev team. Winamp everywhere: Winamp Auto, Winamp iOS, Winamp Android, and Winamp for the desktop.
synthetiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 18:20   #739
mo2_star

Hello
I Love Winamp 4Ever
I am using Winamp From 10 years ago
The new version of the software is not provided?
mo2_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 22:43   #740
dave1977nj

It would be nice to see at least something like hey everyone hang in there were still working on winamp. But we don't get any info at all.....
dave1977nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2015, 00:51   #741
old and quite mad
Major Dude

The search for the ultimate signature continues apace. I have journeyed from the peaks of Nepal to the depths of oceanic trenches. I have crossed deserts, jungles, swamps, savannas, steppes and frozen wastelands. I have consulted with seers, swamis, sages, scholars and savants. The peregrination proceeds purposefully.
old and quite mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 10:27   #742
danton.q

Hello,

Several month ago I've asked when Winamp "SHOUTcast Radio" and "SHOUTcast TV" will be repaired. Today it is still not working, SHOUTcast Radio has a strange display and nothing is clickable and SHOUTcast TV is actually not working, it return a "403 access denied" when trying to access.

http://s23.postimg.org/ybctdtcqj/winamp_1.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/5q780w5xj/winamp_2.jpg
danton.q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 12:37   #743
DrO

and at the time i asked for more information for you which was never replied to.

SHOUTcast TV is dead so you should remove it from your Winamp install as it is not coming back (it was killed off in September 2013).

SHOUTcast Radio in-Winamp is known to be working intermittently and a final decision on how to handle it going forward is yet to be made (using older versions of Windows is more likely to cause it not to work e.g. if using Windows XP). as such, without even the basic information that was requested months back from you, it's hard to know if what you're seeing is expected or a new issue.

as for everyone else's recent comments. we're only just into 2015 and there's plenty of weeks left to go (though less than is probably needed to get all of the required work done). that is why there is little coming out as most of what has / is being done is under the hood stuff until other pieces of the puzzle fall into place.

when there is more to mention (as my snippets of information like the replacement of in_mod's engine just prior to christmas is clearly not seen as "worthy" of some sort of update) then things will be said. until that time, if you want fabricated information then that's not going to be done. things are happening, albeit slowly, and that's about all that can be said for the time being until a number of the pieces of the puzzle fall into place. and before i get grumpier at people re-asking the same question that has already been answered, other than for SHOUTcast aspects, i'm personally going to be stepping away from the forum (and other groups i've been dallying with) for the time being so i can focus on other things.
Old 10th January 2015, 13:16   #744
mrburns

Really MrO? (u aint no doc, clearly)

That the best you can summon up?
This is an internet music program, very simple, stop acting like your some kind of superior being with ultimate knowledge. You do not hold secret NASA info, just give a hint.
Share or FO. Alternatively, most users will FO if you're the best PR rep winamp has.
mrburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 13:21   #745
DrO

fine i'll FO and for the record i'm not PR, just a dev who was trying to help out but who cares now. good bye.
Old 10th January 2015, 13:30   #746
mrburns

well atleast thanks for the quick response....unlike the latest version of WA, which by modern internet standards is the slowest development I've ever encountered.
mrburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 14:07   #747
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Quote:
fine i'll FO and for the record i'm not PR, just a dev who was trying to help out but who cares now. good bye.
Some of the old guard are still appreciative. Never let the users get you down.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 21:20   #748
djpete
Major Dude

My statement was meant to be constructive and I hope it was taken that way. As for personal bashing and insults, that's just not on or warranted. Your statements are there for all to see. I hope you're proud.

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 11th January 2015, 02:52   #749
A11ectis

Quote:
we're only just into 2015 and there's plenty of weeks left to go (though less than is probably needed to get all of the required work done).
inb4 2016 release.

Quote:
and before i get grumpier at people re-asking the same question that has already been answered, other than for SHOUTcast aspects, i'm personally going to be stepping away from the forum (and other groups i've been dallying with) for the time being so i can focus on other things.
And there went the forums...
A11ectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 04:32   #750
JasonFriday13
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrburns View Post
Really MrO? (u aint no doc, clearly)

That the best you can summon up?
This is an internet music program, very simple, stop acting like your some kind of superior being with ultimate knowledge. You do not hold secret NASA info, just give a hint.
Share or FO. Alternatively, most users will FO if you're the best PR rep winamp has.
:clap: :clap:. Well done, you just drove off the only dev working on the desktop version of winamp. It's probably for the better, if I was a dev I would get tired pretty quickly of people asking for a new version. It's a privilege to have a dev on the forums, and that just disappeared.

I understand what's going on behind the scenes (I've developed software too) and that's why I never ask for a new version, unless it has a bug that affects my use of the product.

My 2 cents worth.

"Only a MouseHelmet will save you from a MouseTrap" -Jason Ross (Me)
NSIS 3 POSIX Ninja
Wiki Profile
JasonFriday13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 06:11   #751
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Really, MrBurns? Really?
Insulting the Winamp & SHOUTcast lead dev isn't going to help matters.
I think you owe DrO an apology there :-(

Look, we understand the frustration, but trust me, if there was more news to tell you, we would.

Virtually all of 2014 was spent working on SHOUTcast.
We had to get the directory and software working again whilst also introducing some method of monetization to keep the project maintainable and viable - most of which has now been achieved, but we're still not fully there yet.

DrO has been exceptionally busy working on SHOUTcast, though he has also managed to commit a fair few changes to Winamp inbetween, whenever time allows - all of which will be listed in my usual ' internal changelog' which accompanies releases on here....
which currently already has ~100 entries :-)

Once we're reasonably happy with SHOUTcast, all else follows, and focus will then hopefully turn more to Winamp.

There's still a lot of work required before we can even consider an internal beta release of Winamp, let alone a public release.

As has been stated a fair few times in this thread, we need to remove & replace:
- Gracenote (CDDB, MusicID, AutoTag, Playlist Generator), with free alternatives
- the Sonic ripping & burning engine
- Various online services (Now Playing, Podcast Directory, Online Services views, etc)
- maybe also some decoders, depending on licensing status (this could be a huge job, but for legal reasons, I won't go into detail here)

And on top of all that, we still also need to design a new skin or ui (or something along those lines) to accompany a 6.0 type release...

To be perfectly honest, it would be more realistic to say that we're looking more at the back end of 2015 for a new public release of Winamp.

Whatever the case, we should surely be hugely grateful to Radionomy for stepping in to save Winamp & SHOUTcast, because if they hadn't, there would be no Winamp, no SHOUTcast, no forum, nothing. AOL would've shut it all down and probably not open-sourced anything.

Winamp has been a huge part of my life for the past 15 years, to the point where not even a heart-attack 3+ years ago could quell my passion. So believe me, I understand your frustrations.

For now, all we ask is that people show some patience and understanding.... and also some respect and appreciation for DrO, Radionomy and everyone else concerned....including the Winamp community & forum (and rules).

Thank you for reading. Please be nice.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 06:21   #752
djpete
Major Dude

Thanks for that.
I PMed DrO to let him know I was not out to offend anyone. I'll be the first to apologise if I did.

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 11th January 2015, 09:47   #753
warr10r

Hey guys, I've been an avid Winamp user for the past 15 years or so. I'm looking forward to Winamp 6 and will gladly beta (heck, even alpha) test for you guys. Its so awesome that you're completely overhauling the software, which has been something long overdue. I just want to thank you guys for making my favourite piece of software ever, keep on rocking!

Happy 2015 and all the best to the Winamp Team.

PS: Please don't listen to the haters.
warr10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 10:27   #754
danton.q

Dro months ago I gave you the version of Winamp. That should have been sufficient.

Don't forget that this is YOUR proprietary software with which you win money, not me.

Contributing to the free world, Ok, giving a hand to the proprietary/closed-source, why not, but don't come to me and say I don't give enough information, blablabla.

Don't forget also that before you bought it, Winamp, SHOUTcast TV and SHOUTcast Radio were all working perfectly. At least, if you didn't have touched it, it would be still working. But you made changes and now you're asking me to help you for free to correct YOUR mistakes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And can we know why SHOUTcast TV won't be longer supported ? Can you paste a link to the page explaining that regression ?
Old 11th January 2015, 11:10   #755
warr10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by danton.q View Post
Dro months ago I gave you the version of Winamp. That should have been sufficient.

Don't forget that this is YOUR proprietary software with which you win money, not me.

Contributing to the free world, Ok, giving a hand to the proprietary/closed-source, why not, but don't come to me and say I don't give enough information, blablabla.

Don't forget also that before you bought it, Winamp, SHOUTcast TV and SHOUTcast Radio were all working perfectly. At least, if you didn't have touched it, it would be still working. But you made changes and now you're asking me to help you for free to correct YOUR mistakes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And can we know why SHOUTcast TV won't be longer supported ? Can you paste a link to the page explaining that regression ?
Geez, that's a bit of a meltdown...

Quote:

as for the view not working, you need to provide a bit more information than just "doesn't work" like screenshots, info tool reports, etc.
Remember this post? Why don't you provide some of that info so the devs can tell you what's wrong and how to fix it? The more specific the info, the easier it is to identify the problem.

(I'm in software support myself so I'm just helping you along here)
warr10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 11:11   #756
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
Egg, great post. Thanks for that.

@Winamp Users
Please be patient. Devs really do everything they can do. DrO is the most involved Winamp person I know. Trust me, he is great programmer and he cares about Winamp like nobody else. It all just need time.

@danton.q
You really should stop using Winamp and use another player... If you don;t want to help dont expect help.
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 11:14   #757
Raj_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by danton.q View Post

@ danton.q Dude seriously???? You have been living in a cave for a year. Winamp would not have been here if it was not for Radionomy and the fantastic team of Devs. Shut up and go use itunes.
Old 11th January 2015, 11:16   #758
Raj_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
Really, MrBurns? Really?
Insulting the Winamp & SHOUTcast lead dev isn't going to help matters.
I think you owe DrO an apology there :-(

Look, we understand the frustration, but trust me, if there was more news to tell you, we would.

Virtually all of 2014 was spent working on SHOUTcast.
We had to get the directory and software working again whilst also introducing some method of monetization to keep the project maintainable and viable - most of which has now been achieved, but we're still not fully there yet.

DrO has been exceptionally busy working on SHOUTcast, though he has also managed to commit a fair few changes to Winamp inbetween, whenever time allows - all of which will be listed in my usual ' internal changelog' which accompanies releases on here....
which currently already has ~100 entries :-)

Once we're reasonably happy with SHOUTcast, all else follows, and focus will then hopefully turn more to Winamp.

There's still a lot of work required before we can even consider an internal beta release of Winamp, let alone a public release.

As has been stated a fair few times in this thread, we need to remove & replace:
- Gracenote (CDDB, MusicID, AutoTag, Playlist Generator), with free alternatives
- the Sonic ripping & burning engine
- Various online services (Now Playing, Podcast Directory, Online Services views, etc)
- maybe also some decoders, depending on licensing status (this could be a huge job, but for legal reasons, I won't go into detail here)

And on top of all that, we still also need to design a new skin or ui (or something along those lines) to accompany a 6.0 type release...

To be perfectly honest, it would be more realistic to say that we're looking more at the back end of 2015 for a new public release of Winamp.

Whatever the case, we should surely be hugely grateful to Radionomy for stepping in to save Winamp & SHOUTcast, because if they hadn't, there would be no Winamp, no SHOUTcast, no forum, nothing. AOL would've shut it all down and probably not open-sourced anything.

Winamp has been a huge part of my life for the past 15 years, to the point where not even a heart-attack 3+ years ago could quell my passion. So believe me, I understand your frustrations.

For now, all we ask is that people show some patience and understanding.... and also some respect and appreciation for DrO, Radionomy and everyone else concerned....including the Winamp community & forum (and rules).

Thank you for reading. Please be nice.
Appreciate the dedication and hard work. A heart attack is a huge setback and it is laudable that you have the enthusiasm and dedication.

@ DrO @ DJEgg Please ignore the haters. We respect your work.
Old 11th January 2015, 11:24   #759
danton.q

I'm also on software support and software dev, but for free, open-source software. This way I can ask user to contribute.

You are using proprietary software and you are paid to make it work.

You are asking me to do your job, if you want me to help you, open Winamp source, post them on GitHub or Sourceforge and then I'll be glade to provide all informations you want and also, maybe, help you code the correction !
Old 11th January 2015, 11:30   #760
danton.q

Raj_09, the problem is that it has worked perfectly. You had in your hands a functional Winamp/Shoutcast.

But since you bouhgt it and made some modifications, it does not work anymore.

My frustration does not come from known bugs, but from bugs you introduced and you want me to solve.

If your "fantastic team of Devs" hadn't modify anything, everything would work today.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion