Old 15th September 2000, 18:18   #41
sgtfuzzbubble011

Great pic, Slk. I guess that's why you put the S in Slk.

Radar, any format will do. Size doesn't really matter, either, as long as it's not over 450k for downloading reasons. Send it to me, and I'll get it up later tonight.

Red, that's a good pic, too. Much better than mine.

------------------
Give me NyQuil and no one gets hurt!
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2000, 19:05   #42
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to ReDVsion Send a message via AIM to ReDVsion Send a message via Yahoo to ReDVsion
It's really odd taking a pic of yourself with a digital camera. At least you can be picky about your photo unlike w/ a regular camera. I'd use my webcam, but I forgot the key for my software when I came to Chile. (like my win98 key, although I had most of it memorized). Luckily I have someone in the states who can get the key for me, if I really need it (vid cam, not win98). Does anyone else have to format after 1.5 months or is it just me? After that time my computer just starts giving me shit.
ReDVsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2000, 19:10   #43
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radioactive Man:
Ignore me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no prob
btw everybody...no

------------------
Sex Kitten Extraordinaire

"Hell hath no fury like a kitten scorned"

[This message has been edited by SexyLoserKitten (edited September 15, 2000).]
SexyLoserKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2000, 21:23   #44
sgtfuzzbubble011

My puter has been giving me shit ever since I got it. Haven't had to format in a really long time, but I defragment at least once a month. Maybe I should do a scan for duplicate .dll files and take care of them. Then it should work better, I hope.

------------------
Old 15th September 2000, 21:25   #45
RADAR

Hey sarg...I sent you that pic.
Did you get it yet?
RADAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2000, 21:28   #46
sgtfuzzbubble011

Haven't checked my mail yet. Gimme a few...

------------------
Old 15th September 2000, 21:36   #47
sgtfuzzbubble011

Ok. Got the pic. I'll be able to post it later tonight.

------------------
Old 15th September 2000, 21:38   #48
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to ReDVsion Send a message via AIM to ReDVsion Send a message via Yahoo to ReDVsion
Defrag? I just format. Takes less time (i've got it down to a fine art: in 30 min. I have win98 up. After that, it's just a matter of installing my programs off my backup CD). I know there's a prog. that will find and chunk all those useless dlls, but I don't know what it is. Could someone tell the uninformed? (ahem, that'd be me)
Old 15th September 2000, 21:41   #49
sgtfuzzbubble011

Me too... That would be great!

------------------
Old 16th September 2000, 00:14   #50
Mulefire

Offtopic reply to computer probs:

The best way to keep your system in tip top shape is to do a reformat, install all the programs you use, set up a new partition, and move all your data/settings etc over to it, i.e. Favourties, Application Data etc. If you can't change the settings in your app as to where it saves files then mirror the folder onto your new partition.

Now take an image of your windows drive and chuck it on a cd/collection of cd's whatever. Setup up some backup software to backup your data files (tape/zip etc) from your new partition.

Then every so often just replace your windows partition with your image. No reinstalls, no messing around with settings or anything, just a quick half hour job.

Just remember to update your image every once in a while as you add new software.

Mule.

------------------
The surest sign there is intellegent life in the Universe is that they havn't come to visit us yet - Calvin & Hobbes
Mulefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2000, 02:12   #51
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Yes, I know I could do that, but I get so many new programs so often it's useless. Besides, that removes the possibility of problems, which are half the fun of formatting (this is the massochist talkin').
Old 16th September 2000, 02:22   #52
Mulefire

heh tell me about it... my wife insists that I break the computer deliberatly just so that I can have some fun at the weekend

As if... (ahem)

Mule.

------------------
The surest sign there is intellegent life in the Universe is that they havn't come to visit us yet - Calvin & Hobbes
Mulefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2000, 07:17   #53
sgtfuzzbubble011

You have to purposely break yours? Hmm..... Mine is in a perpetual state of self-destruct. It's all I can do to keep it running.

I've got this great idea. I wanna make my own Cryotech system to install into my puter. Refridgeration unit, heat transfer coils, coolant pumps, etc... Maybe I could overclock my P233 to about 800mhz. What 'dya think?

------------------
Old 16th September 2000, 07:39   #54
ReDVsion
Major Dude

I think there are cheaper solutions: Right now I want an AMD Duron 650 overclocked to 900 (BWUHAHAHAHA!). over at tomsharware.com they've got a chart showing price vs. performance, and that beats the hell out of everything. Sure, I'd have to get another fan, but the bragging rights are well worth it. Right now I am Anti-Intel and Anti-Microsoft (although I use their browser, which may change once k-meleon gets a little better). Oh, of course I forgot to mention Anti-AOL, but that goes w/o saying. I wouldn't belong here if I was Pro-AOL. The only thing they're good for is getting money from ignorant computer-illiterate folks and giving winamp money.
Old 16th September 2000, 07:43   #55
Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99:

I've got this great idea. I wanna make my own Cryotech system to install into my puter. Refridgeration unit, heat transfer coils, coolant pumps, etc... Maybe I could overclock my P233 to about 800mhz. What 'dya think?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking about doing it last year but got too busy, if you do decide to do it I have some heat transfer books (there on my desk now, I have a big heat transfer project going on right now) that has useful info if you need it.

P.S. I hope the 233 to 800 was a joke.

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2000, 07:45   #56
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Now you get a cryotech system with an overclocked 1.1 Ghz AMD Athlon, then you've got some SERIOUS fuckin' braggin' rights. WHOOOOOO Boy, With that kinda power, I could run acidspunk @ 1024x768 probably. Or G-Force fullscreen @ 800x600 or so. Damn. All I can do now is Acidspunk @ 512x384 and G-Force at 640x480 in letterbox format (and it's still a little slow for my tastes). Everybody got G-Force 2.0 yet?
Old 16th September 2000, 07:47   #57
ReDVsion
Major Dude

I hope the fact that you actually HAVE a 233 MMX is a joke.
Old 16th September 2000, 07:50   #58
sgtfuzzbubble011

No joke. I have a 233 with 96 megs of RAM. It's a Packard Bell to boot.

------------------
Old 16th September 2000, 08:10   #59
RADAR

In a future edition of Maximum PC they said they were going to test and review a dual heat pipe.....
hey nothing wrong with a little mmx....I have a 200w/mmx.
Granted its not the computer I use to do anything on. But someday soon it will be a nice little server.
Old 16th September 2000, 08:29   #60
sgtfuzzbubble011

Ok, Radar. Got your pic up. It's right here.

If anyone else needs me to put a pic up, let me know.

I remember RM talking about a PC (not a server) that has a motherboard that can handle six or eight processors. Could you imagine putting a cryotech system in that with eight 1.1ghz processors and several gigs of RAM?! Sheesh! 15ghz of processing power, easy. That's my kind of computer. Hey, look at me. I can play 73 mp3s while surfing the web, playing QuakeII online with 400 other people, downloading my entire online locker, and watching 12 dvds at once.

------------------

[edit: Running at only 233mhz severely affects my ability to spell.]

[This message has been edited by sgtfuzzbubble99 (edited September 16, 2000).]
Old 16th September 2000, 09:06   #61
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Send a message via ICQ to Jayn Send a message via AIM to Jayn
Everybody has such nice pics!

------------------
Jayn
WSD Skins
Jayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2000, 09:49   #62
RADAR

MAN.. I go grab a pizza, have a couple of beers, and come back to find my mug posted on the internet!
Thanks sgt for posting that for me.
No Laughing!!
Old 16th September 2000, 20:46   #63
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Sombody needs an upgrade...
You know, I used to have the ONLY WORKING Packard Bell in existance. It was a 75 mhz pentium (this was a few yrs. ago). Of course now there's another, I formatted someone else's packard bell to get rid of all the shit on it. Now it works just fine.
Old 17th September 2000, 09:40   #64
sgtfuzzbubble011

No prob, Radar.

My Packard Bell would be the shit if it didn't have shit in it. Microshit is what's holding it back. Oh well, I guess this shit won't change. At least it plays mp3s and QuakeII just fine. I did, however, manage to change the little Microshit logo in the top right-hand corner of IE. That's kewl shit.

P.S.- Sorry for the excessive shit.

------------------
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist