Old 13th July 2005, 18:13   #1
beeferoni

Send a message via AIM to beeferoni Send a message via Yahoo to beeferoni
So I just got WinXP...

Man, what an improvement over ME! Except in one respect; Every time I try to use channelshift or color reduction (and I'm sure a few others I am not aware of), it crashes WA. UnConed has said that a lot of the 'old' Apes will crash in XP. I guess these are just a couple of them.

Or is this something that shouldn't be happening (an issue with my comp). I assumed the integrated Apes would work in the major OS's.

'A googolplex is precisely as far from infinity as is the number 1...no matter what number you have in mind, infinity is larger.' -Carl Sagan
beeferoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2005, 18:18   #2
Tuggummi
Bin King

Im not sure, but if i remember correctly there was some problem with those specific effects that if you had them both integrated and as .ape files in your AVS there could be some problems.

Other than that, i think the 3D render apes (metaball & tentacles) are sure to crash every time on winXP and UnConeD doesn't even want to fix them (and who can really blaim him for that?)

Texer Resources

Im retarded... err i mean retired!
Probably both...
Tuggummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2005, 20:19   #3
PAK-9
Major Dude

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
I think the blaim rests sqaurly on him

after all who else's fault is it?

http://PAK-9.deviantart.com

...innit
PAK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2005, 23:31   #4
beeferoni

Well, I (and everyone else) certainly hopes for the day UnConeD updates his apes, but I also understand him not being in a hurry to do so. In the meantime, I believe all the shuffling of Apes I have done in the recent past may have scrambled things. Your suggestion, Tugg, has given me a place to start. (I agree with Pak-9, it IS the Ape maker's responsibility, is it not? Though like everyone has said, he is under no obligation.)

Thanks for the reply, guys.

'A googolplex is precisely as far from infinity as is the number 1...no matter what number you have in mind, infinity is larger.' -Carl Sagan
Old 14th July 2005, 12:17   #5
Tuggummi
Bin King

I ment you can't "blaim" him simply because those APE's are used too often for n00b-shiaz (not counting UnConeD for obvious reasons)

Texer Resources

Im retarded... err i mean retired!
Probably both...
Tuggummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2005, 01:34   #6
UnConeD
Whacked Moderator

Delete the dupes (chshift, multiplier, colorreduction), the built-in versions don't crash. The 3D apes will continue to crash.

UnConeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2005, 07:10   #7
beeferoni

That's exactly what I thought, UnConeD. I am glad now that I weaned myself off of using the 3d apes.
As for the duplicates, yeah my apes folder is actually a mess right now. Anyway, thank you.

edit: Gad what an idiot I am! I read this thread again, and you explained first about the duplicates, Tugg, I was just too thick to grasp it. Thanks again.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > AVS